Silversea Expeditions (Silversea Cruises)
Silver Endeavour current position
Specifications of Silver Endeavour
|Year of build||2021 / Age: 2|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Stralsund) Germany|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||EUR 180 million (USD 195 million)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila (52.1 MW / 69867 hp)|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 km/h / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||165 m / 541 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||20449 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Silver Endeavor, Crystal Endeavor|
|Christened by||Manuela Schwesig (Crystal Endeavor), Felicity Aston (Silver Endeavour)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Operator||Silversea Cruises (via Silversea Expeditions)|
Silver Endeavour Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Dec 18||10 days, one-way from Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams||Punta Arenas||$25948|
|2023 Dec 28||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$22488|
|2024 Jan 28||15 days, one-way from King George Island Antarctica to Punta Arenas||King George Island Antarctica||$32976|
|2024 Feb 12||15 days, one-way from Punta Arenas to King George Island Antarctica||Punta Arenas||$33409|
|2024 Apr 06||14 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Leith-Edinburgh||London-Greenwich||$12541|
|2024 Apr 20||14 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Portsmouth UK||Leith-Edinburgh||$11785|
|2024 May 04||14 days, one-way from Portsmouth UK to Reykjavik||Portsmouth UK||$10703|
|2024 May 18||14 days, round-trip Iceland||Reykjavik||$15569|
|2024 Jun 01||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Tromso||Reykjavik||$20002|
|2024 Jun 15||14 days, one-way from Tromso to Reykjavik||Tromso||$20002|
|2024 Jun 29||16 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Churchill MB||Reykjavik||$25732|
|2024 Jul 15||14 days, one-way from Churchill MB to Kangerlussuaq||Churchill MB||$23245|
|2024 Jul 29||10 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Baffin Island||Kangerlussuaq||$18164|
|2024 Aug 08||10 days, round-trip Greenland||Baffin Island||$17947|
|2024 Aug 18||16 days, one-way from Baffin Island to Reykjavik||Baffin Island||$20110|
|2024 Sep 03||16 days, round-trip Greenland||Reykjavik||$19461|
|2024 Sep 19||16 days, one-way from Reykjavik to New York||Reykjavik||$21624|
|2024 Oct 29||18 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$26489|
|2024 Dec 22||15 days, one-way from Puerto Williams to King George Island Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$32652|
|2025 Jan 06||15 days, one-way from King George Island Antarctica to Puerto Williams||King George Island Antarctica||$31354|
|2025 Feb 26||12 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$18380|
|2025 Mar 10||21 days, one-way from Puerto Williams to Buenos Aires||Puerto Williams||$20650|
|2025 Apr 23||10 days, one-way from Portsmouth UK to Leith-Edinburgh||Portsmouth UK||$10055|
|2025 May 03||10 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Portsmouth UK||Leith-Edinburgh||$10055|
|2025 May 13||12 days, one-way from Portsmouth UK to Leith-Edinburgh||Portsmouth UK||$12109|
|2025 May 25||18 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Longyearbyen||Leith-Edinburgh||$26381|
|2025 Jun 26||13 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik||Longyearbyen||$20434|
|2025 Jul 09||16 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Churchill MB||Reykjavik||$28219|
|2025 Jul 25||15 days, one-way from Churchill MB to Nuuk||Churchill MB||$26597|
|2025 Aug 09||15 days, round-trip Greenland||Nuuk||$24975|
|2025 Aug 24||23 days, one-way from Nuuk to Nome||Nuuk||$52330|
Silver Endeavour Review
Review of Silver Endeavour
The 2021-built (as Crystal Endeavor) cruise ship Silver Endeavour is a polar-class vessel and was Crystal Yacht Cruises' newest vessel. This is the world's first purpose-built megayacht with a P6 (polar-class 6) hull designation. Before 2021, Endeavor's fleetmate was Crystal Esprit/now Nat Geo Islander 2 (1991-built). Since June 2022, the boat is owned by RCG-Royal Caribbean Group and operated by its subsidiary Silversea via Silversea Expeditions (fleet).
History - construction and ownership
Crystal Cruises was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed Crystal Ltd.
In January 2022, GHK filed for bankruptcy and all its assets were put on sale. In June 2022, the brand Crystal Cruises was acquired by A&K Travel Group Ltd (Abercrombie & Kent). The 250-passenger ship was previously operated by Crystal Yacht Cruises - a division of Crystal Cruises Inc (USA), while the shipowner was Genting International Plc (Malaysia, subsidiary of Genting Hong Kong Ltd).
Following the bankruptcy of the parent company GHK-Genting Hong Kong Ltd in January 2022, GHK's subsidiary Crystal Cruises Inc (USA) went bankrupt in February.
On June 14, 2022, was announced that Crystal Endeavor is sold to Silversea. At the time the announcement was made, the vessel was at anchorage off Gibraltar, and, reportedly, to be soon drydock refurbished and rebranded, and to be included in Silversea's Antarctica 2022-2023 season. On June 8th, Silversea also trademarked the ship names "Silver Endeavor" and "Silver Endeavour".
On July 18, 2022, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group received court approval to buy Crystal Endeavor for USD 275 million. The acquisition was fully financed through a 15-year unsecured loan guaranteed by Euler Hermes (insurance company part of Allianz Group) with no amortization payments in the first 2 years and accretive to earnings, cash flow, and ROIC (return on invested capital).
Reportedly, at the auction for Crystal Endeavor were bidding also The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and Heritage Group Monaco (that in June 2022 acquired Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony as well as the brand "Crystal Cruises" and its assets).
The vessel (renamed "Silver Endeavour") was scheduled to start operations for Silversea on November 21, 2022 (Maiden Voyage) after the drydock refit (in Marseille France/Sept 6 thru Oct 14) adding more staterooms in the spaces originally occupied by passenger facilities. The planned changes included restaurant adjustments and repurposing the spaces of the Casino, the Helicopter Hangar, both Helipads and the Submarine Deck. Silversea also removed both mini-subs and both helicopters from the ship.
RCG protected all deposits of customers originally booked on Crystal Endeavor and allowed rebooking on any ship from the fleets of its three subsidiaries (RCI-Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Silversea). RCG also refunded any amount paid on the new bookings up to the amount of the lost deposits from Crystal Cruises.
Crystal Endeavor left Gibraltar's West Anchorage area on July 22, 2022, en route to Port Marseille (France), arriving there for reconstruction on July 25th.
Decks and Cabins
The yacht Silver Endeavour carries 252 passengers (max capacity/full occupancy) in 110 suites, ranging from 305 ft2 / 28 m2 (Deluxe Suite/balcony cabin) to Owner Suites (1130 ft2 / 105 m2 plus 740 ft2 / 69 m2 terrace). The two Owner's Suites (aka "Crystal Penthouse Suite") can be connected to a Penthouse for combined footage of 3930 ft2 (365 m2). Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory, in-cabin spa and gym with steam room, sauna, and private treatment room, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi, in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
Regardless of cabin category, all passenger staterooms offer as standard/complimentary amenities 24-hour butler service, refrigerator and mini-bar (fully stocked with beverages and snacks), UHDTV (Interactive Media Library), premium pillow menu, marbled bathroom (double faucets, full-sized tub, luxury brand bath amenities, plush bathrobes), personalized stationery, umbrella, direct-dial phone, free-of-charge WiFi, power outlets with dual voltage (110/220V), a bottle of Champagne (on arrival).
On Silver Endeavour, Silversea added two new cabin categories - Master Suite, and Signature Suite.
There are two aft-facing Master Suites (sized 1165 ft2 / 108 m2) featuring wraparound terraces (sized 310 ft2 / 29 m2) providing 270-degree unobstructed views. Master Suites are with a separate bedroom (King-size double bed convertible to twins, walk-in closet), full bathroom (walk-in shower/separate whirlpool bathtub), and separate living room (convertible single sofabed for 3rd person).
The four Signature Suites (sized 720-850 ft2 / 67-79 m2) are with large balconies (sized 165-270 ft2 /16-25 m2), a separate living room (dining area), a separate bedroom (convertible King-size bed, walk-in closet, floor-to-ceiling windows), adjoining full bathroom (walk-in shower/whirlpool hot tub). The living room has a convertible single sofabed (3rd person) and floor-to-ceiling glass doors.
The boat has 10 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 4 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Silver Endeavour has the following dining venues:
The Restaurant (size 4144 ft2 / 385 m2, on Deck 4) is the main dining room/MDR with max capacity 192 seats. The MDR is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers a variety of international and regional food options, with a daily rotating menu selection.
Il Terrazzino (size 1044 ft2 / 97 m2, on Deck 4) is translated "little terrace", in homage to Silversea’s signature La Terrazza restaurant. The dinner restaurant has max capacity 36 seats and offers authentic Italian cuisine from an a-la-carte menu.
La Dame (size 495 ft2 / 46 m2, on Deck 4) is Silversea’s signature French restaurant. La Dame has max capacity 20 seats and offers gourmet French cuisine from an a-la-carte menu, plus the optional 6-course tasting menu with a wine pairing. La Dame is a dinner-only venue and reservations are required for a nominal fee of US$60 per person.
The Grill (size 2806 ft2 / 261 m2, aft on Deck 5/adjacent to Pool Deck) provides 270-degree panoramic stern views and has a mezzanine level (on Deck 6). This casual eatery offers an a-la-carte menu of international dishes, and has max capacity 80 seats (for breakfast and lunch) and 48 seats (for dinner).
Arts Café (size 2250 ft2 / 209 m2, midship on Deck 5) is a classic coffee shop/patisserie complete with floor-ceiling windows. The venue serves an extensive collection of top-brand coffees and teas, a selection of gourmet pastries and quick bites.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Traditional shipboard entertainment includes bingo, team trivia, golf competitions, occasional movies, evening Broadway-style show productions, and live jazz performances in The Explorer Lounge.
Onboard amenities include movies on demand and interactive TV service. Passengers can check messages, review accounts, or choose from a large number of newly released movies. Smart TVs are the world's latest technology - hybrid UHDTV with an infotainment system (integrated Internet and interactive features). Cabin TV programming includes the channels CNN International, Fox News, ESPN, and BBC World.
Laundry rooms are available for guests and are complimentary. Also available are laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing – all through the complimentary butler service for each of the cabins.
Follows the complete list of Silver Endeavour lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Boutique shops (offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewelry and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Observation Lounge has panoramic floor-ceiling windows, comfortable seating and is served by its own bar. The lounge's bow location and floor-ceiling windows make it one of top deck's best vantage points for taking photos and enjoying the port- and sea views. The Observation Lounge also doubles as the ship's Library, offering a wide selection of bestseller books, Silversea itineraries / destinations related travel guides, magazines and newspapers, as well as media (DVDs and CDs) available for in-cabin usage.
- Explorer Lounge is the ship's Theater (main show lounge) with tiered seating and a stage for live performances. In the evenings, the ship’s theater presents live music and small-scale show productions. Show program features guest artists, classical soloists, cultural entertainment, comedians, movies. Daily enrichment program includes trivia games, language lessons, dance classes, lectures and media presentations related to nature, history, culture, politics, cruise itineraries (ports of call and destinations).
- Connoisseur’s Corner is the ship’s smoking-allowed lounge with comfortable seating (including leather chaise lounge chairs). Here can be purchased brand cognacs, fine cigars, and vintage wines.
- Swimming Pool is with saltwater and heated during cool-weather cruises. The swimming pool area has a stage for live entertainment, Whirlpool (large outdoor Jacuzzi), sunbathing area with padded loungers, deckchairs and tables.
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- Otium Spa has treatment rooms, Beauty Salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, Thermal Suite.
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer). There is a separate Aerobics Studio for classes.
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
- 24-hour Room Service and WiFi Internet are complimentary.
Crystal Endeavor ship review
Crystal Endeavor had 6x dining venues, including the main dining room, outdoor cafe, self-serve snack spot, grill, and 24-hour room service. Crystal Endeavor's dining experience featured world-class cuisine and diverse menus also available on all Crystal-owned vessels (River, Ocean and Yacht), with all-inclusive dining, premium spirits and fine wines offered throughout.
The ship's specialty restaurants included Umi Uma (serving sushi and specialties by Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa) and Prego (traditional Italian fare, also hosting "Vintage Room" winemaker dinners). Additionally, Crystal Endeavor featured the elegant Waterside (main dining room), Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian-inspired, in the 2-deck solarium during the evenings) and Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, for full-service breakfast and lunch and a popular spot for afternoon teas and freshly brewed espresso).
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours, operates as a self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Waterside (main dining room)
- Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian)
- Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, offers full-service breakfast and lunch)
- Compass Room (wine bar, specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with "Modern Tasting" and "Classic" menus, offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties, food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club's outdoor extension/alternative restaurant, features light food menu choices, offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Umi Uma (sushi and specialties by Nobu Matsuhisa)
- Prego (traditional Italian fare)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Before 2022, the superyacht had its own underwater ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle), which is equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar itineraries, the ROV provided underwater footage and was used for exploring sunken objects, including vessels (warships, galleons, etc).
The vessel (MV Werften hull number 124) has DWT (deadweight tonnage) 2025 tons, GT tonnage (volume) 19800 tons, draught 6 m (20 ft), 4x diesel engines (4-stroke).
For the technical details and construction read at the ship's Wiki section.
Crystal Endeavor featured 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio, a fleet of 18x electric amphibious Zodiacs/RIBs, 2x submarines (7-person mini-subs), 2x helicopters (for flight tours), 2x landing pads (helipads), 14x kayaks, 1x ROV. The ship provides complimentary jet skis, kayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling-scuba diving equipment, a recompression chamber, multi-person ATVs. Passengers can also experience a ride on Endeavour's SEABOB, the most technically advanced underwater scooter in the world.
This is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (first-year ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems (DPS - dynamic positioning system) in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers), even in adverse weather conditions. This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
The Zodiacs (motorized RIBs/rigid inflatable boats) are used for near-coast and inland waterway cruising as well as for passenger disembarkation/tendering in destinations without port infrastructure (docks, piers, quays, wharves). Each expedition boat is battery-powered and designed with extra holds.
At Palm Court Lounge are offered afternoon tea service, dancing, specialty cocktails, onboard enrichment lectures, media presentations, classes, evening entertainment. Other social spaces include the only Casino Lounge on an expedition yacht, Connoisseur Club (cigar/smoking lounge) Crystal Cove where guests gather for guest speakers, pre-dinner drinks and late-night entertainment.
Enrichment venues include the Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, and Observation Lounge (aka Helicopter Lounge). The Promenade stretches from Crystal Cove to the Waterside and is a more intimate spot to enjoy cocktails and spectacular views. Crystal's onboard boutique shops, Apropos, and Facets provide designer and fine jewelry shopping.
The dedicated wellness complex covers an area of 930 m2 / 10,000 ft2 and includes "Otium Spa & Beauty Salon" (fka "Crystal Life Spa & Salon"), Gym Room (fully-equipped fitness center), full-service Spa facility (with 3x treatment rooms for massages), unisex Steam Rooms and Saunas, indoor Jacuzzies, Relaxation Room, full-service Beauty Salon (nails, hairdresser and barber services). The 2-story Solarium/pool deck is covered with a glass-domed roof. Both Mudrooms (for expedition preparation and gear storage) also offer cleaning of equipment and boots upon return from shore.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Connoisseur Club cigar lounge
- Crystal Cove
- The Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, Helicopter/Observation Lounge (270-degree seaviews)
- Spa and Conservatory (10000 ft2 / 930 m2 area providing full-service spa, salon, wellness center, jacuzzis, and Crystal Life Fitness for spinning, yoga, pilates, and personal training)
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to convert it into an alfresco dining area/dance floor)
- Theatre (200 seats)
- Lecture Rooms, Cinema, Card Room, Casino, Computer Centre
Silver Endeavour's Maiden Voyage started on November 21, 2022, as part of the inaugural cruise season in Antarctica. Endeavour's 2022-2023 Antarctic program was originally planned for Silver Explorer, which was slated to leave Silversea's fleet in 2023.
The 2022-2023 polar program (November 21 thru March 14) was based on 12x total itineraries and fly-cruises to Antarctica. Leaving roundtrip from King George Island, the itineraries (5-6-7-9-days in length) visited Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands (Deception Island, Elephant Island, King George Island).
Via domestic roundtrip charter flights, cruise tourists fly from Punta Arenas directly to King George Island (Teniente Rodolfo Marsh Martin Airport/Chile's Antártic station) via Chile's Antarctica Bridge program. From King George Island, the ship crosses the Antarctic Sound (separating Joinville Islands from the Antarctic Peninsula), then visits destinations on the Antarctic Peninsula as well as the South Shetlands before returning back to King George Island, where tourists board the return flight to Punta Arenas.
Antarctic 2023 schedule also included 3x roundtrips from Puerto Williams (Navarino Island, Chilean Antarctica) via Drake Passage - Feb 12 (20-days), Mar 4 (10-days and 14-days relocation to Valparaiso-Santiago de Chile)
Following the maiden Antarctic season, Silver Endeavour's schedule included the following relocation voyages (RepositionCruises.com) as well as the Kimberley Western Australia 2023 season based on homeporting in Darwin NT to Broome WA.
- Mar 18/ 25 days from Valparaiso-Santiago to Papeete Tahiti
- Apr 12/ 14 days from Papeete to Lautoka Fiji
- Apr 26/ 17 days from Lautoka to Cairns
- May 13/ 18 days from Cairns to Broome
- May 31, Jun 20, Jul 20/ 10 days from Broome to Darwin
- Jun 10, Jul 10/ 10 days from Darwin to Broome
- Jun 30, Jul 30/ 10 days roundtrip from Darwin
- Aug 9/ 17 days from Darwin to Fremantle-Perth
- Aug 26/ 17 days from Fremantle to Darwin
- Sep 12/ 18 days from Darwin to Cairns
- Sep 30/ 16 days from Cairns to Lautoka
- Oct 16/ 11 days from Lautoka to Papeete
- Oct 27/ 23 days from Papeete to Valparaiso-Santiago
Silver Endeavour's 2023-2024 program (May through March) included 25x expedition voyages (6- to 18-days) visiting 116x different destinations (Svalbard Norway, British Isles, Iceland and Greenland, Canadian Arctic, and Antarctica/Antarctic Peninsula, UK's South Georgia and the Falklands), of which 24x new for Silversea.
Following the drydock refurbishment in Genoa Italy (April-May 2023), Silver Endeavour's inaugural Arctic season started on June 3rd (14-day from Reykjavik to Tromso).
Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the company's "Silver Sky" program) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property) and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Crystal Endeavor itineraries (Crystal Yacht Cruises)
Crystal Endeavor itinerary program was scheduled to start on May 15, 2021 (Maiden Voyage, later rescheduled for July 17th) and included as destinations (Europe's and Canada's) Arctic territories and Antarctica during winter, and during the rest of the year - the Americas, Europe (Mediterranean-UK-Baltic), Pacific and Atlantic islands, Russia's Far East territories (including Kuril Islands), South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand), Alaska. Itineraries as length range 12-22 days. Tropical destinations are also included as the yacht's seasonal relocation crossings (RepositionCruises.com) between cool and warm regions.
The new ship was originally planned to start operations in 2020. The list of inaugurals included 12x itineraries, of which 3x Japan-based (roundtrips from homeport Tokyo).
- (2020 August 10, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition" visits Hakodate, Rishiri, Wakkanai, Russian Far East (Korsakov, Tyuleny Island, Yankicha Island, Srednego Island, Paramushir Island, Atlasov Island, Russky Island, Korsakov (Sakhalin Island) and back to Japan (Otara, Tokyo).
- (2020 August 27, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Japan's Cultural and Coastal Discovery" to Muroran, Hakodate, Ryotsu, Ogi, Kanazawa, Sakaiminato, Pohang, Hamada, Sazaki, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Kobe, Hamajima, Shimizu.
- (2020 September 13, from Tokyo to Taipei Taiwan) 16-day repositioning itinerary visits Shingu, Osaka, Himeji, Tamano, Uwajima, Kagoshima, Anbo, Amami, Yoronjima, Motobu, Naha, Kerama, Shotu Islands, Iriomote Island, Ishigaki Island, Taipei (debarkation).
- (September 29, 2020) "Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali
- (October 15, 2020) "Indonesian Immersive and The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day relocation from Asia to Australia (from Bali to Cairns Queensland)
- (October 31, 2020) "Australian Offshore and The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney NSW
- (November 4, 2020) "Tasmania and The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch New Zealand
- (November 28, 2020) "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland NZ
- (December 10, 2020) "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch
- (December 22, 2020) "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand and Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania
- (January 6, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart Tasmania to Christchurch
- (January 28, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
- Liner's complete 2021 schedule was officially opened for booking on March 13, 2019. Voyages range between 10-28 days and visit destinations throughout Antarctica, Russia's Far East, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, Japan, China, Indonesia, Indian Ocean Islands, Australia New Zealand, Europe (including Norway Fjords, UK, Canary Islands), South America.
In late-January 2021 were canceled all departures planned for May and August. The latest cancellations included the Japan 2021 program and the Alaska 2021 mini-season (4x departures from Seward and Vancouver BC).
Bookings for Crystal Endeavor cruises (inaugural season August 2020 - January 2021) were opened on August 8, 2018 (to Crystal Society/loyalty program members) and on August 22 (to the general public). Fares started from USD 12750 per person with double occupancy.
In mid-February 2019 was announced a unique Russian Arctic cruise itinerary (Northeast Passage route) - from Anadyr Russia to Tromso Norway. Departing August 18, 2021, the 28-day "Northeast Passage Expedition" visits some of the world's most remote islands and archipelagos in the Russian Arctic. The itinerary's most-unusual destinations include Franz Josef Land, Wrangel Island, New Siberian Islands, Severnaya Zemlya. The voyage also visits Murmansk and several other Russian Federation territories such as Novaya Zemlya and Solovetsky Island. Along with this route, Crystal Endeavor navigated through the Arctic Ocean (East Siberian Sea, White Sea, Barents Sea, Laptev Sea), with numerous opportunities for zodiac landings (depending on sea/weather conditions).
- Deals were inclusive of a 1-night pre-cruise hotel in Anchorage Alaska and flight transfer to Anadyr.
- Bookings opened on February 20th (Crystal Society members) and March 13th (general customers).
- Prices started from USD 44360 pp.
All Crystal Endeavor 2021 voyages were open for booking in mid-March 2019. The itineraries ranged 10-28 days and visited destinations in Asia (Russian Far East, Japan, Indonesia), Antarctica, Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Atlantic and Indian oceans, Norway, UK, Western Europe, Canary Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, South America. Prices started from USD 9550 pp, with up to USD 10,000 savings per cabin offered on bookings made by April 30, 2019.
However, due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, the Maiden Voyage was first rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day Japan itinerary from Tokyo to Kobe), then for August 18th (Northwest Passage along Russia's Arctic coast), and eventually for July 17th (10-night Iceland circumnavigation from homeport Reykjavik).
- Bookings for the "Luxury Iceland Expeditions" (Around Iceland voyages/inaugural season 2021 from July 17 through August 26 / 4 departures) opened on April 13, 2021. The Iceland itinerary visited Flatey Island, Latrabjarg (promontory), Vigur Island, Akureyri, Husavik, Grimsey Island, fjord cruising (Arnarfjordur, Vopnafjordur, Seydisfjordur, Patreksfjordur, Raudasandur, Borgarfjodur Eystri, Thingvellir National Park), Heimaey, Surtsey Island.
- On May 20, 2021, was opened for booking the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" (September 5-15) - the repositioning North-Atlantic crossing from Reykjavik to Tromso Norway. The itinerary's ports included Iceland's Reykjavik (embarkation), Westfjords (Arnarfjordur's Dynjandi Waterfall), Akureyri, and Seydisfjordur, and Norway's Olden (overnight), Sandane, Nordfjordeid, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Vikingen Island, Reine, Tromso (debarkation). Fares started at USD 14000 pp, including the promos "Book Now Savings" ($3000), "As You Wish" OBC ($300 pp onboard credit), "Crystal Society Savings" (5%), first-time customers (2,5%), solo cruisers (150% single supplement).
- In mid-August was opened for booking the "Expedition Yachting: Caribbean Mystique" - the yacht's Caribbean Maiden Voyage from the USA. The 9-night itinerary (Miami to San Juan Puerto Rico/departing October 26, 2021) had call ports in The Bahamas (Great Exuma Island, Inagua Island/Man of War Bay, Old Bahama Channel), St Barthelemy Island (Gustavia), BVI (Jost Van Dyke Island BVI/White Bay/Great Harbor, Norman Island BVI), Saba Island. Prices started from USD 14000 pp.
- The inaugural Antarctic season was scheduled for 2021-2022 (November-March).
The yacht's 2022 itinerary program was opened for booking on November 13 (2019) with prices from USD 6300 pp. It offered a total of 28 cruises (9- to 19-night itineraries) with ~2/3 of these advertised as "Remote Expeditions" to Antarctica, Arctic, Svalbard Norway, Greenland, Iceland, Falkland Islands, Chilean Patagonia (fjords and glaciers).
- Of the remaining voyages, the "Cultural Discovery" group are themed on the region's history, traditions and people, while "Destination Exploration" is themed on nature. These itineraries visites Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa), Western Europe (also UK and British Isles), Panama Canal, Caribbean.
- The Antarctica 2022 season ended with three relocation voyages - 14-day South America (Ushuaia to Buenos Aires/March 1-15), 15-day Transatlantic (Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz de Tenerife Canaries/March 15-30), 10-day Tenerife to Lisbon (March 30-April 9).
Crystal Endeavor's 2023-2024 schedule (thru January 2024) was announced in June 2021. Prices for the Early Booking Promo (2-for-1) started from USD 7500 pp (EUR 6320 / GBP 5430). Program 2023-24 included 27 itineraries (ranging 10- to 28-nights) and destinations like Antarctica (Ross Sea, The Falklands, South Georgia), South America, Atlantic islands (Cape Verde, Canaries), Europe's Mediterranean, Atlantic Coast; UK (British Isles), Iceland, Faroe Islands, Arctic Norway (Svalbard), Arctic Russia (Franz Josef Land, Novaya Zemlya), Northeast Passage, Asia (Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia/Raja Ampat), Australia.
Silver Endeavour - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver EndeavourAdd Photo
Silver Endeavour ship related cruise news
Aurora Expeditions' chartered ship Ocean Explorer/tracker has run aground in Alpefjord near Mestersvig/Camp Nyhavn within the National Park in East...September 13, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises has launched an exciting pre-sale opportunity for their summer 2025 collection, featuring a total of 206 voyages scheduled to...September 9, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Churchill MB, a northern Manitoba (Canada) town known as the "polar bear capital of the world," recently experienced a rare event as a cruise ship...July 19, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Silversea's ship Silver Endeavour will emerge from the upcoming refurbishment with 10 new passenger staterooms in 2 new Suite categories. ...March 20, 2023
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium brand Silversea introduced direct private charter flights for 28 Arctic & Greenland voyages listed in its 2023-2024 schedule...March 12, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Silver Endeavour became the first cruise ship to be officially named in the Lemaire Channel (off the Antarctic Peninsula), popular as one of the most...November 21, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises revealed details on the array of dining experiences onboard its newest ship - Silver Endeavour/fka Crystal Endeavor, currently...October 29, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Silversea named Felicity Ann Dawn Aston (MBE, FRGS) as the Godmother of its newest ship - Silver Endeavour/fka Crystal Endeavor. Felicity Aston is a...October 13, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Silversea revealed a new collection of 25 sailings for its newly acquired expedition ship Silver Endeavour/2021-built as Crystal Endeavor - the world...October 2, 2022
RCG-Royal Caribbean Group and its subsidiary Silversea are suing the new Crystal Cruises' Senior VP of Global Sales (Matias Andres Lira) and...September 20, 2022
- show more news
Other Silversea Expeditions cruise ships
Silver Endeavour Wiki
In October 2022, Silversea announced that Felicity Aston is named as Silver Endeavour's Godmother and that the christening ceremony will be held in Antarctica during the maiden voyage. Felicity Ann Dawn Aston (1977-born) is an English climate sientist, explorer, author and TV presenter. In the period 2000-2003, she was employed at Rothera Research Station (British Antarctic Survey base on Adelaide Island/Antarctica) as a Senior Meteorologist. The naming ceremony was held on November 19th (in the Lemaire Channel/off the Antarctic Peninsula) and attended by the ship's Master (Captain Niklas Peterstam), Silversea executives, industry partners, passengers and crew.
Silver Endeavour's MAIDEN VOYAGE was scheduled for November 21, 2022. The 7-day itinerary (roundtrip from King George Island/booking code #EV221121007) was priced from EUR 13050 per person with double occupancy (EUR 17700 fly-cruise). The voyage featured cruising through Antarctic Sound (Nov 22), visiting the Antarctic Peninsula (Nov 23-24-25-26, with included 3x land excursions daily/zodiac boating, hiking, kayaking), and the South Shetland Islands (Nov 27/Deception Island, Elephant Island, King George Island).
Silversea ship's namesakes are the smaller-sized expedition boats National Geographic Endeavour (1966-built), Ocean Endeavour (1982), Safari Endeavour (1983), Reef Endeavour (1996) and National Geographic Endeavour 2 (2005).
Silver Endeavour refurbishment 2023
The drydock in 2023 (April 3 thru May 6, conducted at San Giorgio del Porto Shipyard in Genoa Italy) was an extensive refurbishment for transforming Crystal Endeavor into Silver Endeavour.
The drydocking project included replacing facilities with new staterooms.
In the area previously occupied by the helicopter were installed 6x new staterooms (2x Master Suites plus 4x Signature Suites). Starboard on Deck 5, 4x Classic Veranda Suites replaced the Infirmary/Medical Center (relocated to Deck 4/former Casino space).
Starboard on Deck 4 were installed 4x Classic Veranda Suites (sized 355 ft2 / 34 m2) with a 50 ft2 / 5 m2 balcony.
The removal of the Casino (Deck 4) created space for 4 new crew cabins, enabling Silversea to enlarge the ship's expedition team to 22.
On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften (Stralsund, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).
The vessel's construction officially started with the steel-cutting ceremony on February 9, 2018. On August 21, 2018, started the physical construction with keel-laying ceremony (MV Werften Stralsund yard/hull number 124), attended by Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The ship was launched/floated out from drydock on December 22, 2019, with planned delivery to Crystal Cruises Inc (USA) and shipowner Genting International Plc (Malaysia) on June 30, 2020.
The technical delivery (from Lloyd Werft to Crystal Cruises) was on May 27, 2021, while the official delivery was on June 29th.
Crystal Endeavor's first Master was Captain Thomas Larsen. Silver Endeavour's first Master was Captain Niklas Peterstam.
Crystal Endeavor's inaugural season was initially planned to start on August 10, 2020, from Tokyo Japan.
This is the world's first newbuild superyacht designed as a polar-class P6 passenger ship. Its name honors "HMS Endeavor" - the British Royal Navy sailship used by James Cook (1728-1779) on his first Pacific Ocean voyage (1769-1771) to Terra Australis Incognita / Australia New Zealand, reaching Australia (Botany Bay) in April 1770.
On December 23, 2019, the shipowner GHK put Crystal Endeavor on sale (sale-and-leaseback) for EUR 350 million (~USD 390M), with interest rate 7%. Soon GHK announced that the new ship will be sold to SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING (Societe en Nom Collectif ENDEAVOR LEASING) - a 2019-founded French joint venture owned by CAFI HESTER and DOUMER FINANCE. Both companies are part of Credit Agricole Group - Montrouge France-based French bank cooperative, currently ranked the world's largest cooperative financial institution (reported revenue ~EUR 30,43 billion / ~USD 34B for FY2016).
Within 5 days after the acquisition deal is signed, SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING will pay GHK EUR 280 million, while the remaining balance will be paid upon vessel's delivery from the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft (part of MV Werften). For Crystal Endeavor, GHK also signed two agreements - bareboat charter (for chartering the yacht) and share purchase (future option to acquire the vessel after the lease expires). In late-September 2019, GHK sold Genting Dream (2016-built liner) via a sale-and-leaseback deal. The liner was sold for USD 900 million (~EUR 805M) or 80% of its market value (USD 1,18 billion). The liner was immediately bareboat chartered (leased back to GHK) for 12 years and will be purchased back by GHK in 2031.
However, on December 20, 2020, GHK announced that the plan to sell and lease back Crystal Endeavor had been terminated. Blaming the economic impact of the COVID crisis, GHK officially announced that "the Purchaser and the Seller mutually agreed and entered into a termination agreement to terminate the Acquisition Contract and Subordinated Loan Agreement".
In early-April 2020, were canceled the first 6 scheduled for Crystal Endeavor itineraries due to postponed delivery. The delay was a result of the temporary shutdown of the shipbuilding yard (Lloyd Werft) due to the global pandemic. The canceled voyages included the maiden voyage (Aug 10th), which was rescheduled for Nov 14. In early-June 2020, Crystal Yacht Cruises canceled the remainder of Crystal Endeavor's 2020 program, and in December were canceled 8 more itineraries (in Australia-New Zealand and also repositioning cruises). The decision was based on international travel restrictions, including Australia's and New Zealand's bans on cruise ships. For more information see the ship's CruiseMinus page.
The new ship successfully completed Baltic Sea trials between May 20 (leaving at 13:14 UTC) and May 23 (arriving at 17:31 UTC), roundtrip from Stralsund Germany.
- Sea trials were conducted for testing the boat's performance, engines, systems, machinery.
- The crash-stop test (from max speed 20 Knots to zero - 37 kph/23 mph to 0) resulted in ~4 ship lengths (the boat fully stopped within 660 m / 2165 ft) compared to the required 10 ship lengths (1800 m / 5900 ft). The maneuverability tests (including full-circle turning) also exceeded the standards. Noise and vibration levels were also lower than required (-10% noises, -80% vibrations).
The powerplant consists of four Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 6L32E/E2) with combined output 52,08 MW. The propulsion system is diesel-electric and based on two 360-degree rotating thrusters (model ABB Azipod D).
In mid-June 2021, PALFINGER Marine announced a contract with MV Werften to supply special equipment for the vessel. The package included 2x tender boats, 2x lifeboats, 2x rescue boats (model FRSQ 630), 3x shipboard cranes, as well as the boats' davit systems.
- The lifting equipment (hydraulic loader cranes) included 1x electric overhead crane (model PK-18502-SH) and 2x foldable knuckle boom cranes (model PK-29002). Crystal Endeavor yacht's two foldable cranes (portside and starboard) are used for launching and recovering the tenders (large-capacity boats for passenger transportation in destinations without port infrastructure). The electric crane is for the cruise ship's submarines (used for underwater tours).
- used on cruise ships for fast loading-unloading of provisions, cargoes, tools, equipment
- PALFINGER Marine (division of PALFINGER AG) is a Salzburg Austria-based manufacturing company that specializes in deck equipment and lifesaving appliances (hydraulic lifting-loading-handling systems).
- The company is the largest in the world by market share (35%) and has ~150 crane models.
- PALFINGER Group owns 84 companies (11100+ employees) and 33 manufacturing-assembly sites (in 32 countries).
On June 25, 2021, Crystal Cruises announced that Endeavor's godmother will be Manuela Schwesig (1974-born) - SPD politician (Social Democratic Party) and the first female Ministerprasidentin (Minister-President/Prime Minister) of Germany's Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state. The vessel's christening ceremony was on June 26th, held at MV Werften's Shipyard in Stralsund. The naming ceremony was live-streamed and attended by Peter Altmaier (Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Peter Fetten and Carsten Haake (MV Werften's Managing Directors), Colin Au (Genting Hong Kong/GHK's Group President). The boat left Stralsund on July 10, bound for Iceland.
Crystal Endeavor's Maiden Voyage was later rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day Tokyo to Kobe) and priced from USD 16540 pp with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 May 19:00||Departing from Tokyo, Japan|
|17 May||Muroran, Japan|
|18 May||Hakodate, Japan|
|19 May||Ryotsu, Sado Island, Japan|
|20 May - 21 May (overnight)||Kanazawa, Japan|
|22 May||Sakaiminato-Matsue, Japan|
|23 May||Pohang, South Korea|
|24 May||Hamada, Japan|
|24 May||Nagato-Yamaguchi City, Japan|
|25 May||Miyajima, Itsukushima Island, Japan|
|25 May - 26 May (overnight)||Hiroshima, Japan|
|27 May||Okayama, Japan|
|28 May||Arriving in Kobe, Japan|
All affected/canceled bookings were provided with a full monetary refund or 125% refund in FCC (future cruise credit) with rebooking on any Crystal Cruises ship and itinerary through 2023.
The new Maiden Voyage (July 18, 2021) was a 10-night roundtrip from Reykjavik, and one of the 5x "Iceland Circumnavigation" itineraries planned for the summer. The mini-season in Iceland ended on September 5th, with the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" relocation itinerary from Reykjavik to Tromso Norway.
Next table shows the unique 28-day "Northeast Passage" cruise part of the yacht's 2021 summer program. Prices started from USD 50070 per person (EUR 41205 pp) with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Aug 17:00||Departing from Anadyr, Russia|
|19 Aug||Provideniya, Chukotka Russia|
|20 Aug||Uelen, Chukotka Russia|
|21 Aug||Kolyuchin Island, Chukotka Russia|
|22 Aug - 24 Aug||Anadyr, Russia|
|25 Aug||Ayon Island, Chukotka Russia|
|26 Aug||Bear Islands, Arctic Russia|
|28 Aug - 29 Aug||New Siberian Islands, Arctic Russia|
|01 Sep - 02 Sep||Severnaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|03 Sep - 05 Sep||Franz Josef Land, Arctic Russia|
|06 Sep||Novaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|10 Sep||Arkhangelsk, Arctic Russia|
|11 Sep||Solovetsky Islands, Solovki, Arctic Russia|
|13 Sep||Murmansk, Arctic Russia|
|14 Sep||Honningsvag, Mageroya Island, Norway|
|15 Sep||Arriving in Tromso, Norway|