Silver Endeavour current position
Silver Endeavour current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 43.35353 N / 5.31735 E) cruising en route to FRMRS N PILOT. The AIS position was reported 17 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Silver Endeavour
|Year built||2021 / Age: 1|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Stralsund) Germany|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||EUR 180 million (USD 195 million)|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila (52.1 MW / 69867 hp)|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||165 m / 541 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||20450 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||Silver Endeavor, Crystal Endeavor|
|Christened by||Manuela Schwesig (Crystal Endeavor)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Operator||Silversea Cruises (via Silversea Expeditions)|
Silver Endeavour Review
Review of Silver Endeavour
The 2021-built (as Crystal Endeavor) cruise ship Silver Endeavour is a polar-class vessel and was Crystal Yacht Cruises' newest vessel. This is the world's first purpose-built megayacht with a P6 (polar-class 6) hull designation. Before 2021, Endeavor's fleetmate was Crystal Esprit/now Nat Geo Islander 2 (1991-built). Since June 2022, the boat is owned by RCG-Royal Caribbean Group and operated by its subsidiary Silversea via Silversea Expeditions (fleet).
History - construction and ownership
Crystal Cruises was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd.
In January 2022, GHK filed for bankruptcy and all its assets were put on sale. In June 2022, the brand Crystal Cruises was acquired by A&K Travel Group Ltd (Abercrombie & Kent). The 200-passenger ship was previously operated by Crystal Yacht Cruises - a division of Crystal Cruises Inc (USA), while the shipowner was Genting International Plc (Malaysia, subsidiary of Genting Hong Kong Ltd).
Following the bankruptcy of the parent company GHK-Genting Hong Kong Ltd in January 2022, GHK's subsidiary Crystal Cruises Inc (USA) went bankrupt in February.
On June 14, 2022, was announced that Crystal Endeavor is sold to Silversea. At the time the announcement was made, the vessel was at anchorage off Gibraltar, and, reportedly, to be soon drydock refurbished and rebranded, and to be included in Silversea's Antarctica 2022-2023 season. On June 8th, Silversea also trademarked the ship names "Silver Endeavor" and "Silver Endeavour".
On July 18, 2022, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group received court approval to buy Crystal Endeavor for USD 275 million. The acquisition was fully financed through a 15-year unsecured loan guaranteed by Euler Hermes (insurance company part of Allianz Group) with no amortization payments in the first 2 years and accretive to earnings, cash flow, and ROIC (return on invested capital).
Reportedly, at the auction for Crystal Endeavor were bidding also The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and Heritage Group Monaco (that in June 2022 acquired Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony as well as the brand "Crystal Cruises" and its assets).
The vessel (renamed "Silver Endeavour") was scheduled to start operations for Silversea on November 28, 2022 (Maiden Voyage) after entering drydock for a refit for adding more staterooms in the spaces originally occupied by passenger facilities. The planned changes included restaurant adjustments and repurposing the spaces of the Casino, the Helicopter Hangar, both Helipads and the Submarine Deck. Silversea also removed both mini-subs and both helicopters from the ship.
RCG protected all deposits of customers originally booked on Crystal Endeavor and allowed rebooking on any ship from the fleets of its three subsidiaries (RCI-Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Silversea). RCG also refunded any amount paid on the new bookings up to the amount of the lost deposits from Crystal Cruises.
Crystal Endeavor left Gibraltar's West Anchorage area on July 22, 2022, en route to Port Marseille (France), arriving there for reconstruction on July 25th.
Decks and Cabins
The Crystal Endeavor yacht carries 200 passengers in 100 suites, ranging from 305 ft2 / 28 m2 (Deluxe Suite/balcony cabin) to Owner Suites (1130 ft2 / 105 m2 plus 740 ft2 / 69 m2 terrace). The two Owner's Suites (aka "Crystal Penthouse Suite") can be connected to a Penthouse for combined footage of 3930 ft2 (365 m2). Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory, in-cabin spa and gym with steam room, sauna, and private treatment room, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi, in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
The boat has 10 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 4 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Crystal Endeavor offers six dining venues, including the main dining room, outdoor cafe, self-serve snack spot, grill, and 24-hour room service. Crystal Endeavor's dining experience remains true to the standard of world-class cuisine and diverse menus offered on all Crystal River, Ocean and Yacht vessels, with all-inclusive dining, premium spirits and fine wines offered throughout.
Specialty restaurants onboard include Umi Uma, serving sushi and specialties by Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, and Prego, which offers traditional Italian fare, and hosts "Vintage Room" winemaker dinners. Additionally, Crystal Endeavor features the elegant main dining room, Waterside, Asian-inspired Silk Kitchen & Bar, situated in the 2-story solarium during the evenings, and European-inspired Bistro Cafe, which offers full-service breakfast and lunch and is a go-to spot for teas and freshly brewed espresso.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours, operates as a self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Waterside (main dining room)
- Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian)
- Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, offers full-service breakfast and lunch)
- Compass Room (wine bar, specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with "Modern Tasting" and "Classic" menus, offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties, food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club's outdoor extension/alternative restaurant, features light food menu choices, offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Umi Uma (sushi and specialties by Nobu Matsuhisa)
- Prego (traditional Italian fare)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Before 2022, the superyacht had its own underwater ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle), which is equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar itineraries, the ROV provided underwater footage and was used for exploring sunken objects, including vessels (warships, galleons, etc).
The vessel (MV Werften hull number 124) has DWT (deadweight tonnage) 2025 tons, GT tonnage (volume) 19800 tons, draught 6 m (20 ft), 4x diesel engines (4-stroke).
For the technical details and construction read at the ship's Wiki section.
Crystal Endeavor featured 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio, a fleet of 18x electric amphibious Zodiacs/RIBs, 2x submarines (7-person mini-subs), 2x helicopters (for flight tours), 2x landing pads (helipads), 14x kayaks, 1x ROV. The ship provides complimentary jet skis, kayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling-scuba diving equipment, a recompression chamber, multi-person ATVs. Passengers can also experience a ride on Endeavour's SEABOB, the most technically advanced underwater scooter in the world.
The vessel is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (first-year ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems (DPS - dynamic positioning system) in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers), even in adverse weather conditions. This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
At Palm Court Lounge are offered afternoon tea service, dancing, specialty cocktails, onboard enrichment lectures, media presentations, classes, evening entertainment. Other social spaces include the only Casino Lounge on an expedition yacht, Connoisseur Club (cigar/smoking lounge) Crystal Cove where guests gather for guest speakers, pre-dinner drinks and late-night entertainment.
Enrichment venues include the Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, and Helicopter Lounge. The Promenade stretches from Crystal Cove to the Waterside and is a more intimate spot to enjoy cocktails and spectacular views. Crystal's onboard boutique shops, Apropos, and Facets provide designer and fine jewelry shopping.
Wellness options include a fully-equipped fitness center. The dedicated "Crystal Life Spa and Salon" wellness complex covers an area of 930 m2 (10,000 ft2) and has Gym Room, full-service Spa (with 3x treatment rooms for massages), unisex Steam Rooms and Saunas, Jacuzzies, Relaxation Room, full-service Beauty Salon (nails, hairdresser and barber services). The 2-story Solarium/pool deck is covered with a glass-domed roof. The expansive Mud Rooms (for expedition preparation and gear storage) also offer cleaning of equipment and boots upon return from shore.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Connoisseur Club cigar lounge
- Crystal Cove
- The Library, Captain's Lounge, Expedition Lounge, Helicopter Lounge
- Spa and Conservatory (10000 ft2 / 930 m2 area providing full-service spa, salon, wellness center, jacuzzis, and Crystal Life Fitness for spinning, yoga, pilates, and personal training)
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to convert it into an alfresco dining area/dance floor)
- Theatre (200 seats)
- Lecture Rooms, Cinema, Card Room, Casino, Computer Centre
Silver Endeavour's Maiden Voyage is currently scheduled for November 28, 2022, with an inaugural cruise season in Antarctica. Endeavour's 2022-2023 Antarctic program was originally planned for Silver Explorer, leaving Silversea's fleet in 2023.
The program (November 13, 2022, thru March 18, 2023) is based on 5-6-9-day itineraries and fly-cruises to Antarctica leaving roundtrip from King George Island and visiting the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands.
Antarctic program 2023 also included 3x roundtrips from Puerto Williams (Navarino Island, Chilean Antarctica) via Drake Passage - Feb 12 (20-days), Mar 4 (10-days and 14-days relocation to Valparaiso-Santiago de Chile)
Following the maiden Antarctic season, Silver Endeavour's schedule included the following relocation voyages (RepositionCruises.com) as well as the Kimberly Western Australia 2023 season based on homeporting in Darwin NT to Broome WA.
- Mar 18 - 25 days from Valparaiso-Santiago to Papeete Tahiti
- Apr 12- 14 days from Papeete to Lautoka Fiji
- Apr 26- 17 days from Lautoka to Cairns
- May 13- 18 days from Cairns to Broome
- May 31, Jun 20, Jul 20 - 10 days from Broome to Darwin
- Jun 10, Jul 10 - 10 days from Darwin to Broome
- Jun 30, Jul 30 - 10 days roundtrip from Darwin
- Aug 9 - 17 days from Darwin to Fremantle-Perth
- Aug 26- 17 days from Fremantle to Darwin
- Sep 12 - 18 days from Darwin to Cairns
- Sep 30- 16 days from Cairns to Lautoka
- Oct 16- 11 days from Lautoka to Papeete
- Oct 27- 23 days from Papeete to Valparaiso-Santiago
Crystal Endeavor itineraries (Crystal Yacht Cruises)
Crystal Endeavor itinerary program was scheduled to start on May 15, 2021 (Maiden Voyage, later rescheduled for July 17th) and included as destinations (Europe's and Canada's) Arctic territories and Antarctica during winter, and during the rest of the year - the Americas, Europe (Mediterranean-UK-Baltic), Pacific and Atlantic islands, Russia's Far East territories (including Kuril Islands), South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand), Alaska. Itineraries as length range 12-22 days. Tropical destinations are also included as the yacht's seasonal relocation crossings (RepositionCruises.com) between cool and warm regions.
The new ship was originally planned to start operations in 2020. The list of inaugurals included 12x itineraries, of which 3x Japan-based (roundtrips from homeport Tokyo).
- (2020 August 10, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition" visits Hakodate, Rishiri, Wakkanai, Russian Far East (Korsakov, Tyuleny Island, Yankicha Island, Srednego Island, Paramushir Island, Atlasov Island, Russky Island, Korsakov (Sakhalin Island) and back to Japan (Otara, Tokyo).
- (2020 August 27, Tokyo roundtrip) 17-day "Japan's Cultural and Coastal Discovery" to Muroran, Hakodate, Ryotsu, Ogi, Kanazawa, Sakaiminato, Pohang, Hamada, Sazaki, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Kobe, Hamajima, Shimizu.
- (2020 September 13, from Tokyo to Taipei Taiwan) 16-day repositioning itinerary visits Shingu, Osaka, Himeji, Tamano, Uwajima, Kagoshima, Anbo, Amami, Yoronjima, Motobu, Naha, Kerama, Shotu Islands, Iriomote Island, Ishigaki Island, Taipei (debarkation).
- (September 29, 2020) "Philippines, Borneo and Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali
- (October 15, 2020) "Indonesian Immersive and The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day relocation from Asia to Australia (from Bali to Cairns Queensland)
- (October 31, 2020) "Australian Offshore and The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney NSW
- (November 4, 2020) "Tasmania and The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch New Zealand
- (November 28, 2020) "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland NZ
- (December 10, 2020) "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch
- (December 22, 2020) "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand and Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania
- (January 6, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart Tasmania to Christchurch
- (January 28, 2021) "Antarctica and The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
- Liner's complete 2021 schedule was officially opened for booking on March 13, 2019. Voyages range between 10-28 days and visit destinations throughout Antarctica, Russia's Far East, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, Japan, China, Indonesia, Indian Ocean Islands, Australia New Zealand, Europe (including Norway Fjords, UK, Canary Islands), South America.
In late-January 2021 were canceled all departures planned for May and August. The latest cancellations included the Japan 2021 program and the Alaska 2021 mini-season (4x departures from Seward and Vancouver BC).
Bookings for Crystal Endeavor cruises (inaugural season August 2020 - January 2021) were opened on August 8, 2018 (to Crystal Society/loyalty program members) and on August 22 (to the general public). Fares started from USD 12750 per person with double occupancy.
In mid-February 2019 was announced a unique Russian Arctic cruise itinerary (Northeast Passage route) - from Anadyr Russia to Tromso Norway. Departing August 18, 2021, the 28-day "Northeast Passage Expedition" visits some of the world's most remote islands and archipelagos in the Russian Arctic. The itinerary's most-unusual destinations include Franz Josef Land, Wrangel Island, New Siberian Islands, Severnaya Zemlya. The voyage also visits Murmansk and several other Russian Federation territories such as Novaya Zemlya and Solovetsky Island. Along with this route, Crystal Endeavor navigated through the Arctic Ocean (East Siberian Sea, White Sea, Barents Sea, Laptev Sea), with numerous opportunities for zodiac landings (depending on sea/weather conditions).
- Deals were inclusive of a 1-night pre-cruise hotel in Anchorage Alaska and flight transfer to Anadyr.
- Bookings opened on February 20 (Crystal Society members) and March 13 (general customers).
- Prices started from USD 44360 pp.
All Crystal Endeavor 2021 voyages were opened for booking in mid-March 2019. The itineraries ranged 10-28 days and visited destinations in Asia (Russian Far East, Japan, Indonesia), Antarctica, Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Atlantic and Indian oceans, Norway, UK, Western Europe, Canary Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, South America. Prices started from USD 9550 pp, with up to USD 10,000 savings per cabin offered on bookings made by April 30, 2019.
However, due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, the Maiden Voyage was first rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day Japan itinerary from Tokyo to Kobe), then for August 18th (Northwest Passage along Russia's Arctic coast), and eventually for July 17th (10-night Iceland circumnavigation from homeport Reykjavik).
- Bookings for the "Luxury Iceland Expeditions" (Around Iceland voyages/inaugural season 2021 from July 17 through August 26 / 4 departures) opened on April 13, 2021. The Iceland itinerary visited Flatey Island, Latrabjarg (promontory), Vigur Island, Akureyri, Husavik, Grimsey Island, fjord cruising (Arnarfjordur, Vopnafjordur, Seydisfjordur, Patreksfjordur, Raudasandur, Borgarfjodur Eystri, Thingvellir National Park), Heimaey, Surtsey Island.
- On May 20, 2021, was opened for booking the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" (September 5-15) - the repositioning North-Atlantic crossing from Reykjavik to Tromso Norway. The itinerary's ports included Iceland's Reykjavik (embarkation), Westfjords (Arnarfjordur's Dynjandi Waterfall), Akureyri, and Seydisfjordur, and Norway's Olden (overnight), Sandane, Nordfjordeid, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Vikingen Island, Reine, Tromso (debarkation). Fares started at USD 14000 pp, including the promos "Book Now Savings" ($3000), "As You Wish" OBC ($300 pp onboard credit), "Crystal Society Savings" (5%), first-time customers (2,5%), solo cruisers (150% single supplement).
- In mid-August was opened for booking the "Expedition Yachting: Caribbean Mystique" - the yacht's Caribbean Maiden Voyage from the USA. The 9-night itinerary (Miami to San Juan Puerto Rico/departing October 26, 2021) had call ports in The Bahamas (Great Exuma Island, Inagua Island/Man of War Bay, Old Bahama Channel), St Barthelemy Island (Gustavia), BVI (Jost Van Dyke Island BVI/White Bay/Great Harbor, Norman Island BVI), Saba Island. Prices started from USD 14000 pp.
- The inaugural Antarctic season was scheduled for 2021-2022 (November-March).
The yacht's 2022 itinerary program was opened for booking on November 13 (2019) with prices from USD 6300 pp. It offered a total of 28 cruises (9- to 19-night itineraries) with ~2/3 of these advertised as "Remote Expeditions" to Antarctica, Arctic, Svalbard Norway, Greenland, Iceland, Falkland Islands, Chilean Patagonia (fjords and glaciers).
- Of the remaining voyages, the "Cultural Discovery" group are themed on the region's history, traditions and people, while "Destination Exploration" is themed on nature. These itineraries visites Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa), Western Europe (also UK and British Isles), Panama Canal, Caribbean.
- The Antarctica 2022 season ended with three relocation voyages - 14-day South America (Ushuaia to Buenos Aires/March 1-15), 15-day Transatlantic (Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz de Tenerife Canaries/March 15-30), 10-day Tenerife to Lisbon (March 30-April 9).
The ship's 2023-2024 schedule (thru January 2024) was announced in June 2021. Prices for the Early Booking Promo (2-for-1) started from USD 7500 pp (EUR 6320 / GBP 5430). Program 2023-24 included 27 itineraries (ranging 10- to 28-nights) and destinations like Antarctica (Ross Sea, The Falklands, South Georgia), South America, Atlantic islands (Cape Verde, Canaries), Europe's Mediterranean, Atlantic Coast; UK (British Isles), Iceland, Faroe Islands, Arctic Norway (Svalbard), Arctic Russia (Franz Josef Land, Novaya Zemlya), Northeast Passage, Asia (Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia/Raja Ampat), Australia.
Silver Endeavour - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver EndeavourAdd Photo
Silver Endeavour ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announced it is dropping the helicopter & submarine experiences offered onboard the former Crystal Endeavor ship, now Silver...August 2, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium travel brand Silversea unveiled its new 2024-2025 collection, which comprises 341 new voyages that will unlock a total of 695...July 30, 2022
- Cruise Industry
RCG-Royal Caribbean Group announced it had received court approval to acquire the ultra-luxury cruise ship Crystal Endeavor. Originally delivered to...July 18, 2022
Crystal Cruises’ website is now redirecting visitors to a claims website, set up by Florida-based insolvency assignee Michael Moecker &...March 12, 2022
The GHK-Genting Hong Kong-owned subsidiary Crystal Cruises will reportedly shut down its USA-based office by the end of the week. All office...February 9, 2022
The owned by GHK ultra-luxury travel brand Crystal Cruises became the latest to suffer due to the insolvency of parent company GHK-Genting Hong Kong...January 20, 2022
German cruise shipbuilder MV Werften filed for bankruptcy on Monday, January 10, leaving the fate of the yard and its ~2,000 employees uncertain...January 11, 2022
- Cruise Industry
On Thursday (November 18), Crystal Cruises' megayacht Crystal Endeavor departed from Port Ushuaia (Argentina) on her inaugural cruise to Antarctica...November 19, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On Sunday, October 24, the fleet's newest vessel Crystal Endeavor rendezvoused with Crystal Serenity in a historic meet-up of Crystal Cruises ships...October 25, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Expedition Cruises announced an increase in Book Now Savings up to US$4,000 per passenger on new luxury expedition megayacht Crystal Endeavor...September 28, 2021
- show more news
Other Silversea Expeditions cruise ships
Silver Endeavour Wiki
On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften (Stralsund, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).
The vessel's construction officially started with the steel-cutting ceremony on February 9, 2018. On August 21, 2018, started the physical construction with keel-laying ceremony (MV Werften Stralsund yard/hull number 124), attended by Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The vessel's launch (float-out from drydock) was on December 22, 2019, with planned delivery to Crystal Cruises Inc (USA) and shipowner Genting International Plc (Malaysia) on June 30, 2020.
The ship's first Captain was Thomas Larsen. The technical delivery (from Lloyd Werft to Crystal Cruises) was on May 27, 2021, while the official delivery was on June 29th.
Crystal Endeavor's inaugural season was initially planned to start on August 10, 2020, from Tokyo Japan.
This is the world's first newbuild superyacht designed as a polar-class P6 passenger ship. Its name honors "HMS Endeavor" - British Royal Navy sail ship used by James Cook (1728-1779) on his first Pacific Ocean voyage (1769-1771) to Terra Australis Incognita / Australia New Zealand, reaching Australia (Botany Bay) in April 1770.
On December 23, 2019, the shipowner GHK put Crystal Endeavor on sale (sale-and-leaseback) for EUR 350 million (~USD 390M), with interest rate 7%. Soon GHK announced that the new ship will be sold to SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING (Societe en Nom Collectif ENDEAVOR LEASING) - a 2019-founded French joint venture owned by CAFI HESTER and DOUMER FINANCE. Both companies are part of Credit Agricole Group - Montrouge France-based French bank cooperative, currently ranked the world's largest cooperative financial institution (reported revenue ~EUR 30,43 billion / ~USD 34B for FY2016).
Within 5 days after the acquisition deal is signed, SNC ENDEAVOR LEASING will pay GHK EUR 280 million, while the remaining balance will be paid upon vessel's delivery from the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft (part of MV Werften). For Crystal Endeavor, GHK also signed two agreements - bareboat charter (for chartering the yacht) and share purchase (future option to acquire the vessel after the lease expires). In late-September 2019, GHK sold Genting Dream (2016-built liner) via a sale-and-leaseback deal. The liner was sold for USD 900 million (~EUR 805M) or 80% of its market value (USD 1,18 billion). The liner was immediately bareboat chartered (leased back to GHK) for 12 years and will be purchased back by GHK in 2031.
However, on December 20, 2020, GHK announced that the plan to sell and lease back Crystal Endeavor had been terminated. Blaming the economic impact of the Coronavirus crisis, GHK officially announced that "the Purchaser and the Seller mutually agreed and entered into a termination agreement to terminate the Acquisition Contract and Subordinated Loan Agreement".
In early-April 2020, were canceled the first 6 scheduled for Crystal Endeavor itineraries due to postponed delivery. The delay was a result of the temporary shutdown of the shipbuilding yard (Lloyd Werft) due to the global Coronavirus pandemic. The canceled cruises included the maiden voyage (Aug 10), which was rescheduled for Nov 14. In early-June 2020, Crystal Yacht Cruises canceled the remainder of Crystal Endeavor's 2020 program, and in December were canceled 8 more itineraries (in Australia-New Zealand and also repositioning cruises). The decision was based on international travel restrictions, including Australia's and New Zealand's bans for cruise ships. For more information see the ship's CruiseMinus page.
The new ship successfully completed Baltic Sea trials between May 20 (leaving at 13:14 UTC) and May 23 (arriving at 17:31 UTC), roundtrip from Stralsund Germany.
- The sea trials were conducted for testing the boat's performance, engines, systems, machinery.
- The crash-stop test (from max speed 20 Knots to zero - 37 kph/23 mph to 0) resulted in ~4 ship lengths (the boat fully stopped within 660 m / 2165 ft) compared to the required 10 ship lengths (1800 m / 5900 ft). The maneuverability tests (including full-circle turning) also exceeded the standards. Noise and vibration levels were also lower than the required (-10% noises, -80% vibrations).
The powerplant consists of four Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 6L32E/E2) with combined output 52,08 MW. The propulsionsystem is diesel-electric and based on two 360-degree rotating thrusters (model ABB Azipod D).
In mid-June 2021, PALFINGER Marine announced a contract with MV Werften to supply special equipment for the vessel. The package included 2x tender boats, 2x lifeboats, 2x rescue boats (model FRSQ 630), 3x shipboard cranes, as well as the boats' davit systems.
- The lifting equipment (hydraulic loader cranes) included 1x electric overhead crane (model PK-18502-SH) and 2x foldable knuckle boom cranes (model PK-29002). Crystal Endeavor yacht's two foldable cranes (portside and starboard) are used for launching and recovering the tenders (large-capacity boats for passenger transportation in destinations without port infrastructure). The electric crane is for the cruise ship's submarines (used for underwater tours).
- used on cruise ships for fast loading-unloading of provisions, cargoes, tools, equipment
- PALFINGER Marine (division of PALFINGER AG) is a Salzburg Austria-based manufacturing company that specializes in deck equipment and lifesaving appliances (hydraulic lifting-loading-handling systems).
- The company is the largest in the world by market share (35%) and has ~150 crane models.
- PALFINGER Group owns 84 companies (11100+ employees) and 33 manufacturing-assembly sites (in 32 countries).
On June 25, 2021, Crystal Cruises announced that Endeavor's godmother will be Manuela Schwesig (1974-born) - SPD politician (Social Democratic Party) and the first female Ministerprasidentin (Minister-President/Prime Minister) of Germany's Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state. The vessel's christening ceremony was on June 26th, held at MV Werften's Shipyard in Stralsund. The naming ceremony was live-streamed and attended by Peter Altmaier (Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania's Economics Minister), Peter Fetten and Carsten Haake (MV Werften's Managing Directors), Colin Au (Genting Hong Kong/GHK's Group President). The boat left Stralsund on July 10, bound for Iceland.
The superyacht's Maiden Voyage was later rescheduled for May 15, 2021 (13-day Tokyo to Kobe) and priced from USD 16540 pp with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|15 May 19:00||Departing from Tokyo, Japan|
|17 May||Muroran, Japan|
|18 May||Hakodate, Japan|
|19 May||Ryotsu, Sado Island, Japan|
|20 May - 21 May (overnight)||Kanazawa, Japan|
|22 May||Sakaiminato-Matsue, Japan|
|23 May||Pohang, South Korea|
|24 May||Hamada, Japan|
|24 May||Nagato-Yamaguchi City, Japan|
|25 May||Miyajima, Itsukushima Island, Japan|
|25 May - 26 May (overnight)||Hiroshima, Japan|
|27 May||Okayama, Japan|
|28 May||Arriving in Kobe, Japan|
All affected/canceled bookings were provided with a full monetary refund or 125% refund in FCC (future cruise credit) with rebooking on any Crystal Cruises ship and itinerary through 2023.
The new Maiden Voyage (July 18, 2021) was a 10-night roundtrip from Reykjavik, and one of the 5x "Iceland Circumnavigation" itineraries planned for the summer. The mini-season in Iceland ended on September 5th, with the 10-night "Journey of Vikings: Iceland and Norway" relocation itinerary from Reykjavík to Tromso Norway.
Next table shows the unique 28-day "Northeast Passage" cruise part of the yacht's 2021 summer program. Prices started from USD 50070 per person (EUR 41205 pp) with double occupancy.
|Date / Time||Port|
|18 Aug 17:00||Departing from Anadyr, Russia|
|19 Aug||Provideniya, Chukotka Russia|
|20 Aug||Uelen, Chukotka Russia|
|21 Aug||Kolyuchin Island, Chukotka Russia|
|22 Aug - 24 Aug||Anadyr, Russia|
|25 Aug||Ayon Island, Chukotka Russia|
|26 Aug||Bear Islands, Arctic Russia|
|28 Aug - 29 Aug||New Siberian Islands, Arctic Russia|
|01 Sep - 02 Sep||Severnaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|03 Sep - 05 Sep||Franz Josef Land, Arctic Russia|
|06 Sep||Novaya Zemlya, Arctic Russia|
|10 Sep||Arkhangelsk, Arctic Russia|
|11 Sep||Solovetsky Islands, Solovki, Arctic Russia|
|13 Sep||Murmansk, Arctic Russia|
|14 Sep||Honningsvag, Mageroya Island, Norway|
|15 Sep||Arriving in Tromso, Norway|
Silver Endeavour User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review