Crystal Symphony current position
Current itinerary of Crystal Symphony
Crystal Symphony current cruise is 14 days, round-trip Grand Journey Lesser Antilles Virgin Isles - Miami Roundtrip. Prices start from USD 4512 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 08 Jan, 2022 and ends on 22 Jan, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|08 Jan 18:00||Departing from Miami, Florida hotels|
|11 Jan 08:00 - 18:00||St John Island USVI, Cruz Bay, US Virgin Islands|
|12 Jan 08:00 - 18:00||St Johns Antigua|
|13 Jan 07:30 - 14 Jan 06:00||Gustavia St Barths, Saint-Barthelemy Island France|
|14 Jan 08:30 - 18:00||Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles|
|15 Jan 06:00 - 22:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|16 Jan 08:00 - 18:00||St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands|
|17 Jan 08:00 - 18:00||Basseterre St Kitts, Port Zante|
|18 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Roseau, Dominica|
|19 Jan 08:00 - 18:00||Tortola Island BVI, Road Town, UK Virgin Islands|
|22 Jan 10:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida hotels|
Specifications of Crystal Symphony
|Year built||1995 / Age: 27|
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 250 million|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Cruises Inc (USA)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||238 m / 781 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||51044 gt|
|Passengers||904 - 1040|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Angela Lansbury|
Crystal Symphony Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Dec 29||10 days, round-trip Tropical New Years Celebration - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$2499|
|2022 Jan 08||7 days, one-way from Miami to San Juan||Miami||$1899|
|2022 Jan 08||14 days, round-trip Grand Journey Lesser Antilles Virgin Isles - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$4512|
|2022 Jan 08||21 days, round-trip Grand Journey Lesser Antilles, Virgin Isles Bahamas - Miami Roundtrip||Miami||$3989|
|2022 Jan 15||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$1899|
|2022 Jan 15||14 days, one-way from San Juan to Miami||San Juan||$7029|
|2022 May 10||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia-Rome||Venice||$2449|
|2022 May 17||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2449|
|2022 May 24||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome||Barcelona|
|2022 Jun 02||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2849|
|2022 Jun 09||7 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice||$2749|
|2022 Jun 16||7 days, round-trip Royal Riviera - Monte Carlo Roundtrip||Monte Carlo||$3049|
|2022 Jun 16||45 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Stockholm||Monte Carlo|
|2022 Jun 23||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo||$3449|
|2022 Jun 30||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona|
|2022 Jul 07||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Dover||Lisbon||$4499|
|2022 Jul 19||12 days, one-way from Dover to Stockholm||Dover||$4999|
|2022 Jul 31||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$4499|
|2022 Jul 31||71 days, one-way from Stockholm to Venice||Stockholm||$23654|
|2022 Aug 10||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Reykjavik||Copenhagen||$4699|
|2022 Aug 21||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dover||Reykjavik||$4299|
|2022 Aug 31||8 days, round-trip European Gardens Gateways - London Dover Roundtrip||Dover||$3249|
|2022 Sep 08||11 days, one-way from Dover to Lisbon||Dover||$3399|
|2022 Sep 19||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$2949|
|2022 Sep 26||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome||Barcelona||$2449|
|2022 Oct 03||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2249|
|2022 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas - Venice Roundtrip||Venice||$1999|
|2022 Oct 17||11 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$3099|
|2022 Oct 28||11 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$3249|
|2022 Nov 08||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome||Lisbon||$2199|
|2022 Nov 08||21 days, one-way from Lisbon to Piraeus-Athens||Lisbon||$5129|
|2022 Nov 16||13 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens||Civitavecchia-Rome||$3349|
|2022 Nov 29||17 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Abu Dhabi||Piraeus-Athens||$4399|
|2022 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Pearls Of Arabia - Abu Dhabi Roundtrip||Abu Dhabi||$1999|
|2022 Dec 23||15 days, one-way from Abu Dhabi to Mumbai||Abu Dhabi||$5999|
|2023 Jan 07||9 days, one-way from Mumbai to Yangon||Mumbai||$2999|
|2023 Jan 07||15 days, one-way from Mumbai to Singapore||Mumbai||$5319|
|2023 Jan 16||6 days, one-way from Yangon to Singapore||Yangon||$2599|
|2023 Jan 22||8 days, one-way from Singapore to Saigon||Singapore||$3299|
|2023 Jan 22||16 days, round-trip Grand Journey Vietnam Thailand Discovery - Singapore Roundtrip||Singapore||$6269|
|2023 Jan 30||8 days, one-way from Saigon to Singapore||Saigon||$3299|
|2023 Feb 07||15 days, round-trip Spotlight On Vietnam - Singapore Roundtrip||Singapore||$5999|
|2023 Feb 22||7 days, one-way from Singapore to Colombo||Singapore||$2749|
|2023 Feb 22||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$4939|
|2023 Mar 01||9 days, one-way from Colombo to Dubai||Colombo||$3149|
|2023 Mar 10||6 days, one-way from Dubai to Mina Salman||Dubai||$2199|
|2023 Mar 10||14 days, round-trip Grand Journey Arabian Peninsula Adventure - Dubai Roundtrip||Dubai||$4274|
|2023 Mar 16||8 days, one-way from Mina Salman to Dubai||Mina Salman-Manama||$2649|
|2023 Mar 24||9 days, one-way from Dubai to Eilat||Dubai||$3649|
|2023 Mar 24||18 days, one-way from Dubai to Piraeus-Athens||Dubai||$6649|
|2023 Apr 02||9 days, one-way from Eilat to Piraeus-Athens||Eilat||$3649|
|2023 Apr 11||11 days, round-trip Holy Land Sojourn - Athens Roundtrip||Piraeus-Athens||$4299|
|2023 Apr 22||12 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Venice||Piraeus-Athens||$4799|
|2023 May 04||7 days, round-trip Realms Of The Doge - Venice Roundtrip||Venice||$2999|
|2023 May 11||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia-Rome||Venice||$3649|
|2023 May 20||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2849|
|2023 May 27||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$2849|
|2023 Jun 03||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Rouen||Lisbon||$4299|
|2023 Jun 14||12 days, one-way from Rouen to Leith-Edinburgh||Rouen||$5899|
|2023 Jun 26||10 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Stockholm||Leith-Edinburgh||$5299|
|2023 Jul 06||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$6299|
|2023 Jul 18||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Le Havre-Paris||Copenhagen||$4799|
|2023 Jul 28||11 days, one-way from Le Havre-Paris to Reykjavik||Le Havre-Paris||$5799|
|2023 Aug 08||11 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Copenhagen||Reykjavik||$5799|
|2023 Aug 19||12 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Dover||Copenhagen||$6299|
|2023 Aug 31||9 days, one-way from Dover to Bordeaux||Dover||$3449|
|2023 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Bordeaux to Barcelona||Bordeaux||$4099|
|2023 Sep 19||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome||Barcelona||$2749|
|2023 Sep 26||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice||Civitavecchia-Rome||$2749|
|2023 Oct 03||7 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus-Athens||Venice||$2749|
|2023 Oct 10||17 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Dubai||Piraeus-Athens||$5414|
|2023 Oct 10||7 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Eilat||Piraeus-Athens||$2549|
|2023 Oct 17||10 days, one-way from Eilat to Dubai||Eilat||$3299|
|2023 Oct 27||13 days, one-way from Dubai to Mumbai||Dubai||$3799|
|2023 Nov 09||13 days, one-way from Mumbai to Singapore||Mumbai||$3599|
|2023 Nov 22||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Fremantle||Singapore||$3999|
|2023 Dec 07||14 days, one-way from Fremantle to Auckland||Fremantle||$4499|
|2023 Dec 21||15 days, one-way from Auckland to Melbourne||Auckland||$6999|
Crystal Symphony Review
Review of Crystal Symphony
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all-inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer an intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
The 1000-passenger ship Crystal Symphony underwent three major drydock refurbishments - in 2006, 2009 and 2012, as part of a 5-year vessel renovation plan to redesign all passenger staterooms and add new venues and amenities. The 5-year project cost the company USD 65 million.
The ship's interior spaces were designed by the companies Tillberg (Sweden), II By IV Canada), KNA (USA) and the UK designer firms SMC, Clixby, The Syntax Group, Adfecto, DPA Lighting.
Decks and Cabins
Most Crystal Symphony staterooms (59%) are 245-ft2 sized Balcony cabins. There are a total of 477 staterooms (65 Suites, 215 Balconies, no Inside cabins) in 13 categories, including 10 wheelchair-accessible. The largest are the two Crystal Penthouses (category CP), sizes 982 ft2 / 91 m2 (balcony included), both featuring boutique-hotel-like decors.
The boat has 12 decks, of which 8 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The formal restaurant on Crystal Symphony serves open-seating breakfast and lunch. Dinner is in two assigned seatings, or open seating. Although there is no additional charge for the Italian and Asian specialty restaurants, reservations are required. On select days, theme luncheons and dinners are offered poolside and special wine dinners are held in the Vintage Room. Other choices include the casual Lido buffet for breakfast and lunch; poolside grill for snacks and casual lunch; The Bistro specialty coffee & wine bar for snacks all day and evening. Afternoon tea is served in Symphony's Palm Court. Room service is available 24 hours, with an extensive menu. Selections can be delivered during dinner hours from the menu of the formal restaurant. Suite passengers can order from specialty restaurants.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Symphony restaurants and food bars.
- "Crystal" (aft Dining Room, features a gourmet menu with regionally inspired and traditional dishes; offers "Dining by Reservation" option - guests can reserve each night at different times by contacting the Maitre D)
- "The Vintage Room" (10-seat fine dining venue with sommelier service, at surcharge US$200 plus, depending on the wine selection; on special sailings, it operates as "Ultimate Vintage Dining Room" and some of the rarest wines in the world are served - the cover charge sores up to US$1,000 and more)
- "Silk Road" (Asian dinner-only specialty restaurant; reservations are recommended)
- "The Sushi Bar" (Japanese specialty dinner restaurant; reservations-only)
- "Prego" (Italian specialty dinner only, reservations-only restaurant)
- "Trident Bar & Grill" (fast-food venue; features lush greenery with live olive trees)
- "Lido Cafe" (self-service buffet restaurant; serves the pool deck area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Тhe "upgrades" of Crystal Symphony added in 2004 the Feng-Shui spa complex (8 spa rooms), a new teak deck, upgraded saunas, separate areas for Yoga and Pilates training classes, The Vintage Room (winery), the "Computer University@sea" area (capacity 25 guests), renovation of the Crystal Dining Room, new decors to all accommodations, and new Photo Gallery (deck 6).
The refit in Norfolk, Virginia, in 2006 featured the "Starlite Club", the Crystal Casino, new Bistro Cafe and boutiques, a new disco-club, redesigning of the staterooms, reconstruction of the Tiffany deck, new equipment.
In 2009, up-to-date equipment was installed in The Hollywood Theater (audio-visual systems), renovations of the penthouses, bathrooms, of the Main Dining room, of the Lido Cafe and the "Prego" restaurant, new furniture and Jacuzzis on the pool deck.
During the 2012 refurbishment of Crystal Symphony, there was a redesign of some public spaces, which included the Avenue Saloon, that relocated the piano to make more room for brass-tack couches, embossed-leaf barstools, and tufted booths. Seating was also changed in the panoramic-view Palm Court, and the dancing was enlarged. The vessel's two theaters also underwent considerable updates. In addition to new furniture and decor, new stage extension expanded the performance space in the Galaxy Lounge by 30 %. And both the Galaxy Lounge and Hollywood Theatre obtained technological upgrades of lighting, sound, and projectors.
Crystal Symphony amenities include 24-Hour Room-Service, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry & Self-Serve Laundromats, Babysitting.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Symphony lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- "Crystal Cove" (66-seat piano bar)
- "Galaxy Lounge" (463-seat main show lounge for grand show productions; with a large hydraulic stage and a full orchestra)
- The "Crystal Casino" (410 m2, with 86 slots and poker machines, gambling tables)
- "Hollywood Theatre" (143-seat cinema; has a stage for live performances; also hosts conferences, lectures, presentations, Broadway-style show productions, comedy shows)
- "Luxe" disco & nightclub (hosts DJ program nightly, karaoke and trivia shows)
- "Avenue of the Stars" (280 m2 shopping area; has three duty-free boutique shops - Crystal Collection, Apropos, Facets)
- "The Bistro" (70-seat Paris-inspired specialty coffee bar, all-complimentary)
- Atrium (2-deck high midship area with a waterfall)
- The Symphony’s "Library" (2000+ books in different languages, movies, and videos, board games)
- "Starlite Club" (350-seat lounge with circular bar; hosts daily trivia quizzes, presentations, bingo games, music performances in the evening)
- "PhotoShop" (photo and video services, accessories, equipment)
- "Connoisseur Club" (fine cognac and cigar club/smoking lounge)
- "Avenue Saloon" (58-seat piano bar)
- "Computer University @ Sea" (24-hour 25-seat capacity Internet computers room; hosts computer and Internet classes)
- "The Studio" (serves the "Creative Learning" enrichment program: language lessons, digital film making, Yamaha keyboard and piano lessons, all complimentary)
- "Bridge Lounge" (22-tables cards playing room)
- "Palm Court" (250-seat observation lounge & bar; serves Afternoon Tea, hosts art auctions, themed parties, classic concerts)
- "Waves" (teen club lounge)
- "Fantasia" (kids club lounge area with two playrooms for children 3-7yo and 8-12yo; babysitting is available for toddlers 1+ yo)
- Seahorse Pool area (with a lap pool flanked by a large 20-person capacity Whirlpool)
- "Scoops" (outdoor Ice Cream Bar)
- "Fitness Center" (with panoramic floor-ceiling windows; has a separate room for complimentary classes (yoga, pilates, aerobics)
- "Crystal Spa" (540 m2 Feng Shui-inspired Wellness Center; includes the Gym, relaxation area, treatment rooms, 2 saunas/steam rooms and the "Crystal Salon")
- Promenade deck (walking/jogging track; hosts the "Walk On Water" daily walking program)
- Deck Games (Shuffleboard, Quoits); Tennis Tables; "Wimbledon Court" (tennis court); Golf Putting Green.
Crystal Symphony itinerary program is based on cruises to Europe (UK, Baltic, Mediterranean), Southeast Asia (with departures from Singapore, China, Vietnam), Australia New Zealand, Caribbean (out of Miami FL), Canada-New England (from NYC New York).
Following the Coronavirus crisis, in mid-April 2021, Crystal Cruises announced that Symphony ship's entire 2021 program in Europe-Mediterranean (June 6 through December 21) is canceled and replaced with 10-night "Luxury Caribbean Escapes" (roundtrip itineraries from homeports St Johns Antigua and Philipsburg St Maarten).
- The new Antigua homeporting program (first-time for Crystal Cruises) was scheduled for the period August 5 through December 23, 2021 (a total of 15 departures). The "Luxury Caribbean Escapes" itinerary visited the islands Barbados (Bridgetown), St Lucia (Castries), Trinidad (Port-of-Spain), St Maarten (Philipsburg), BVI Tortola (Road Town).
- Bookings opened on April 20, 2021. However, on July 1, Crystal Symphony's homeporting in St Maarten and Antigua was canceled “due to ongoing uncertainty regarding ports of call and availability of adequate airlift”.
- In mid-July was announced that Symphony will be homeported in Boston MA (Sunday departures from Flynn Cruiseport, August 22 through September 12, 2021) and in NYC (Friday departures from Manhattan Cruise Terminal, starting September 24, 2021). From Boston and New York City, the ship had scheduled 7-night "Luxury Bermuda Escapes". The 7-night roundtrip itineraries included two days and two nights in Kings Wharf (Royal Naval Dockyard) Bermuda.
Crystal Symphony's Caribbean deployment was soon extended (November 2021 thru March 2022) with 14x total 7-night itineraries (including 2x holiday voyages / 10-night "Connoisseur’s Caribbean Holiday", 11-night "Tropical New Year’s Celebration") visiting ports in The Netherlands' Lesser Antilles, Virgin Islands, The Bahamas Out Islands (aka Family Islands).
- The new program started with the 7-night NYC to Nassau repositioning cruises (Nov 26, 2021).
- 7-night itineraries included 5x "Luxury Antilles Interlude" (Miami to San Juan Puerto Rico), 5x "Luxury Caribbean Kaleidoscope" (San Juan to Miami), 3x "Blissful Bahamian Luxury" (Miami roundtrips). 14-day B2Bs (back-to-back cruises) were also offered at 5% discount.
- Both holiday 2021 voyages were 7-night Miami roundtrips, departing December 18 (10-night) and Dec 29 (11-night).
- Promo pricing started from USD 2000 pp with double occupancy.
Crystal Symphony - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal SymphonyAdd Photo
Crystal Symphony ship related cruise news
The owned by GHK ultra-luxury travel brand Crystal Cruises became the latest to suffer due to the insolvency of parent company GHK-Genting Hong Kong...January 20, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced its new 11-night voyage from PortMiami Florida to Lisbon Portugal, “Trans-Atlantic Indulgence”, aboard Crystal...October 1, 2021
Passengers from a Crystal Cruises' ship that docked in Bermuda remained on the island after testing Coronavirus/COVID-positive. According to Bermuda...October 1, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On Friday, September 24, the ultra-premium travel brand Crystal Cruises celebrated its return to cruising from NYC-New York USA as Crystal Symphony...September 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Symphony is the first cruise ship to leave Boston (Massachusetts USA) since start of COVID...
The first cruise from Boston (Massachusetts USA) since the Coronavirus/COVID crisis began is finally expected to depart on Monday, August 23. The...August 23, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The GHK-owned premium brand Crystal Cruises announced that its ship Crystal Symphony would be deployed to the Caribbean for winter season 2021-2022...August 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced that its Crystal Symphony ship would re-deploy to sail from U.S. homeports in New York and Boston MA for her new "Luxury...July 14, 2021
Crystal Cruises canceled voyages aboard its Crystal Symphony from homeports Philipsburg (St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles) and St Johns (Antigua...July 1, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced the addition of 15 new Caribbean voyages departing roundtrip from St. Maarten Island (Philipsburg, Dutch Antilles) aboard...May 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced that its Crystal Symphony would sail a series of 15 ten-night "Luxury Caribbean Escapes" leaving roundtrip out of St John...April 12, 2021
- show more news
Other Crystal Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Symphony Wiki
The top-luxury cruise liner entered service on May 3, 1995. It was majorly drydock refurbished three times as part of a 5-year plan (2006, 2009, 2012) at a total cost USD 65 million. This project was Crystal Cruises most extensive upgrade ever. All staterooms and public areas were renovated in 2006. During 2006 drydock was also added Luxe nightclub. Lido Deck was changed in 2009 - upgraded with Jacuzzi (for 20 people) which replaced the swimming pool. In 2009 was also changed the Italian restaurant "Prego". During drydock 2012, the public spaces and two theatres were updated – the seating was changed, and some trendy technologies were implemented (projectors, lighting, surround sound).
Crystal Symphony refurbishment 2020 review
The vessel's drydock 2020 (April 13-23, in Singapore) was a USD 10 million project planned mainly for regular technical and general maintenance works. Minor upgrades received some public areas and passenger staterooms, among which new carpets and furniture.
Crystal Symphony refurbishment 2017 review
The ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (September 23 - October 16, done by Lloyd Werft in Bremerhaven Germany) reduced its passenger capacity in order to enable single-seating dining. Following the dry-dock, Crystal Symphony offers to all passengers free Wi-Fi (regardless of cabin category).
- On deck 9, two new balcony cabin categories were introduced - Seabreeze Penthouse Suite (12 new suites) and Seabreeze Penthouse (28 new suites). The new staterooms have the same size as the existing Penthouse (365 ft2 / 34 m2) and Penthouse Suite (490 ft2 / 46 m2). Seabreeze Penthouses are connecting cabins (sharing an entryway).
- All Penthouses offer enhanced all-inclusive amenities, including butler service, in-cabin dining, complimentary specialty restaurant dining).
- Cabin conversions reduced ship's capacity from 1095 to 848, thus increasing its guest-to-space ratio to 60,2.
- Crystal Dining Room was renamed to "Waterside" and upgraded with additional 2- and 4-seat tables. New open-seating dining (between 6-9:30 pm) replaced the old assigned seating and the required dinner reservations. Breakfasts and lunches are served as usual.
- Lido Cafe is operated as Marketplace (during the day) and as Churrascaria (steakhouse, by night). The restaurant features an open kitchen and made-to-order dishes. Marketplace serves buffet breakfast and lunch, while Churrascaria serves casual dinner (between 6-9 pm). The Brazilian-themed Churrascaria restaurant features Caipirinha (welcome cocktail event) and selection of Brazilian dishes (grilled seafood and meats, tapas, ceviche, salads). Meats are served by “gauchos” (dedicated staff) on traditional meat skewers.
- Silk restaurant's menu was upgraded with modern Chinese fare (family-size dinner plates). Self-service is now available at breakfast and lunch, and also includes traditional Chinese food (dumplings, Chinois salad, soup, noodle bar). Dinners at Silk are open-seating (reservations-recommended) and between 6-9 pm.
- Trident Bar and Grill serves casual grilled food (including fast food - burgers, sandwiches).
- Silk Road and The Sushi Bar (both specialty restaurants by celebrity-chef Nobu Matsuhisa) were combined and renamed to "Umi Uma". Umi Uma offers Nobu-inspired dishes prepared by Nobu-trained chefs.
- Dining reservations for Umi Uma and Prego restaurants are now complimentary for Penthouse passengers. To all other cabin categories, 1 complimentary specialty dining is offered (additional reservations are available at a surcharge).
- The new free of charge shipwide Wi-Fi is the result of the company's investment in new hardware and software for expanded onboard connectivity and faster (doubled) satellite Internet speed.
- Crystal Connect is ship's new onboard portal for Internet connections and various shipboard info (menus, news, scheduled activities, shore excursions, itinerary ports, international digital news media, movies library, lectures, etc). Crystal Connect (mobile app) is available for personal devices.
- Computer University at Sea (enrichment workshops venue) was updated and redesigned.
- Among the redesigned public spaces is the midship located Starlite Club (panoramic floor-ceiling windows).
All passenger cabins were upgraded with new 42-inch smart HDTVs with interactive panels (infotainment system).
Along with all Lloyd Werft workers, the refurbishment project also involved several hundred crew and sub-contractors. Almaco Group (1998-founded company) was the project's supervisor.
Crystal Symphony refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment (done by Blohm+Voss in Hamburg Germany, project cost USD 15 million) included:
- general maintenance works, that included propulsion system upgrades (Rolls-Royce Azimuth thrusters were replaced with new ones), new hull coating, air ducts cleaning, reverse osmosis plant inspection.
- Introduced was the company's new “Deluxe PURE” category of staterooms (hypoallergenic cabins).
- On deck 12 were redesigned the Tastes buffet restaurant and the Lido area.
- New energy-saving LED lighting was installed in all public rooms.
- All Penthouse Suites were overhauled.
The project's total cost was USD 15 million.