86 °F / 31 °C
New Delhi is Yamuna River (Ganges River) cruise port and India's capital city, with total area of approx 43 km2 (17 ml2) and population around 260,000 (metro around 26,5 million). Unfortunately, Delhi City has India's highest literacy rate (90%).
- City's foundations were laid in March 1911, with city plan designed by British architects and architecture representing the British supremacy over the colonial country. India's new capital city was officially inaugurated on February 13, 1931. The names New Delhi and Delhi are used interchangeably, but New Delhi is just a small part of Delhi City.
- New Delhi is a cosmopolitan city due to the multi-cultural presence of the Indian political system. The status of capital city amplifies its importance for helding national events (Independence Day, Republic Day parade, Gandhi's birthday).
- India Gate (built 1931) was inspired by Paris City's triumphal arch. It is India's national monument commemorating the 90,000 soldiers of Indian Army who lost their lives while fighting for British Raj in WW1 (1914-1918) and Third Anglo-Afghan War (1919).
- The city is served by Indira Gandhi Airport (to the southwest) with domestic and international flights and annual passenger traffic over 35 million, Terminal 3 (opened 2010) additionally handles around 37 million passengers. Four National Highways pass through New Delhi - 9 (Malout to Pithoragarh), 19 (through Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal.), 44 (Srinagar to Kanyakumari) and 48 (New Delhi to Chennai).
- New Delhi is North India's largest commercial city, with net impact over USD 100 billion. Service sector is expanding due to large numbers of skilled English-speaking workers attracting foreign companies. Largest industries are information technology, telecomms, banking, media, hotels, retail shopping, tourism. Among the most famous tourist attractions are Connaught Place (business district), architecture (Jantar Mantar, India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhavan palace, Laxminarayan Temple, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib gurdwara, Nehru Planetarium), national museums (Indira Gandhi, Modern Art Gallery, Natural History, Rail Museum, Handicrafts and Handlooms Museum, Philatelic Museum, Shankar's Dolls Museum), beautiful gardens (Buddha Jayanti Park, Lodi Gardens, Presidential Estate, Rajpath and India Gate, Shanti Path, Rose Garden, Nehru Park, Railway Garden).
New Delhi cruise port videos
Port New Delhi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from New Delhi, India. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The New Delhi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near New Delhi, India.
If you lose the New Delhi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.