Specifications of Century Legend
|Year built||2013 / Age: 7|
|Builder||Chongqing Dong Gang Shipyard (China)|
|Length (LOA)||142 m / 466 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||4700 gt|
|Decks with cabins||6|
Century Legend Review
Review of Century Legend
The Century Legend ship cruises on Yangtze River departing from Beijing and Shanghai. The vessel is owned by the Chinese river travel company Century Cruises (headquartered in Chongqing, China). Century Legend cruise deals can be also booked via the European companies Avalon Waterways, Viking Cruises and Uniworld.
This is a new-generation, top-luxury cruise ship launched in 2013 to provide its passengers with exceptional travel experience on River Yangtze. The ship was designed by Norwegian architects, instructed by German shipbuilders. It boasts 5-star hotel amenities and an innovative design that ensures environmentally friendly and vibration-free cruising along Yangtze River. The shipowner Century Cruises operates a fleet of seven luxury ships. Just like her sisters in the Century fleet, Legend boasts various technical innovations, modern amenities and pampering comfort. This riverboat offers most spacious facilities, including its 7-story high grand atrium. Other popular places on board are the Panoramic and A La Carte restaurants, a large-size Multifunctional Lounge, many staterooms with private balconies. An extraordinary highlight is the 2,150 sq.feet indoor swimming pool, spa with its own bar, fitness centre and relaxation area. This contemporary ship has an English-speaking friendly crew and provides steady Internet available within 24 hours in ship's Internet Café. Century Cruises Legend ship also features Children Paradise for those who travel with family. You can also learn basics on traditional tai chi and hear lectures on China's Three Gorges.
- Passenger decks: 7 (out of 7)
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 196 (including 40 Suites and 156 Balcony rooms)
- Sun Deck (7) - Observation lounge area with Bar and deck chairs, Game Room, Kids Playing Room (children garden), Fitness, Library, VIP Restaurant (with 2 Kitchens), Executive Suites (x11, cat ES).
- Observation Deck (6) - large Multi-Function Lounge (reserved seating for evening entertainment, Bar, observation area), Large Reception Area, Executive Suites (x23).
- Bridge Deck (5) - Navigation Bridge, 2 Souvenir Shops, Junior Suites (x2), Deluxe Staterooms (x62, cat DS).
- Promenade Deck (4) - 2 Boutique Shops, Accommodations - Presidential Suites (x2, cat PS), Junior Suites (x2), Deluxe Cabins (x62).
- Upper Deck (3) - Main Dining Room, Guest Services, Deluxe Staterooms (x32).
- Main Deck (2) - 2 Card Rooms, Laundry, Medical Center, Deluxe Cabins (x8).
- Lower Deck (1) - 7-deck high Atrium, 2 Elevators, Cinema, Spa & Massage, big Indoor Swimming Pool.
- Amenities - English-speaking staff and crew, WiFi Internet access, 7-story high atrium, 24-hr laundry service, 24-hr room-serve, Cruise Tour Director.
- Among the technical and design "improvements" implemented on the Century Legend and Paragon ships are the new type propulsion system, impressive Atrium area, large Indoor Swimming Pool (first ever on a riverboat), huge entertainment lounge without any pillars. The ships' propulsion system was designed specifically to reduce vibrations and to lower bad emissions. The ship's Indoor Pool is large because it's located on the lowest deck. The 7-deck high Atrium is very similar to those on the ocean-going cruise ships. The multipurpose lounge is located on Deck 6, allowing a unique design without pillar support. This venue is generally used as Theater for the evening shows.
When the Century Legend Yangtze cruise is booked through Avalon Waterways (Globus-Avalon Waterways partnership), Avalon offers USA-China-USA flight-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Century Legend itineraries
Itinerary I - 15 DAY "CULTURAL CHINA AND TIBET YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE" from SHANGHAI TO BEIJING.
- This is a 4-night Yangtze cruise starting with your flight to Shanghai, China, with 2 Nights hotel stays there. Day 2 is for Shanghai touring and sightseeing (Bund, Yu Yuan Gardens, acrobatic show, and the welcome dinner). Day 3 (Shanghai Museum, transfer Shanghai to Yichang for embarkation.
- Follows the 4-night Yangtze River cruise portion from Yichang to Chongqing. Excursions & tours highlights: Day 4 Xian (Three Gorges Dam), Day 5 Wu–Shennong–Qutang (with small boat excursion on the river's lesser gorges), Day 6 Shibaozhai (walking tour, and the Captain’s farewell dinner party).
- On Day 7 you go to Chongqing for disembarkation (local zoo pandas), then follows a flight China to Tibet (Lhasa). Days 8 and 9 are to be spent in the Tibet's capital (tours include Summer Palace, Jokhang Temple, Potala Palace, visiting a Tibetan home/monastery/hospital, local bazaar).
- On Day 10 there's a flight from Tibet to China (Lhasa to Xian (with a dinner show). Day 11 is for Xian touring (Dayan Pagoda, Terracotta Warriors, workshops, cooking demonstration, traditional calligraphy class). On Day 12 there's a flight from Xian to Beijing (feature activities of this day - a hutong tour by rickshaw). Days 13 and 14 are for Beijing: touring (Forbidden City, Imperial Palace, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace, The Great Wall, Ming Tombs; Peking Opera, and the farewell dinner).
Itinerary II - the reverse 15 DAY "ENCHANTING CHINA AND YANGTZE RIVER" cruise from BEIJING TO SHANGHAI.
- This is a 3-night Yangtze cruise starting with your flight to Beijing, China, with 3 Nights hotel stays there. Days 2-3-4 are for Beijing touring (same sightseeing tours, see the above itinerary for details, with a welcome dinner). Additional tour activities are the Donghuamen market and the hutong rickshaw tour.
- Land portion. On Day 5 there's a flight from Beijing to Xian (activities - participation in a calligraphy class, dinner show). Day 6 is for Xian: touring (Terracotta Warriors, workshop, Dayan Pagoda, cooking demo). On Day 7 you there's a flight from Xian to Chengdu (you'll visit there the Giant Panda Research Base). On Day 8 you fly from Chengdu to Lijiang (Old Town walking tour), and on Day 9 there's a Show, Museum, Black Dragon Pool. On Day 10 there's another charter flight from Lijiang to Chongqing for embarkation on the Century Legend ship.
- Sailing portion. Day 11 Shibaozhai (walking tour; welcome aboard party). Day 12 China Gorges (Qutang, Wu, Shennong Stream, sampan ride) and the ship Captain’s farewell dinner). Day 13 Gorges (Three Gorges Dam, Xing) and disembarkation in Yichang, follows the flight from Yichang to Shanghai. Day 14 is for Shanghai touring (Bund, Yu Yuan Gardens, silk factory, Museum; acrobatic show).
Century Legend YANGTZE CRUISE deals inclusions
- American breakfast is served daily (14 breakfasts). A total of (on itinerary 1) 11 lunches and 12 dinners (including the Shanghai's welcome dinner and the Beijing's farewell dinner) and (on itinerary 2) 10 lunches and 9 dinners (including the Beijing's welcome dinner and the Shanghai's farewell dinner). Complimentary coffee/tea, a la carte dinner menu, complimentary regional wines, beer or soft drinks (dinner). Breakfast and Lunch buffets are with Western and traditional Chinese cuisine.
- Hotel stays - in Shanghai (Fairmont Peace Hotel), in Lhasa (Four Points - Sheraton Hotel), in Xian (Hilton Hotel), in Beijing (Fairmont Hotel), in Chengdu (Shangri-La Hotel) and in Lijiang (Crowne Plaza Hotel). For all the line's hotel partnerships - follow our top-page Avalon link.
- Guided tours and excursions (with headsets, by local guides), a Deluxe Balcony Cabin. Century Legend ship's onboard experience also features a colourful entertainment program by local entertainers and artisans.
- Century Legend Yangtze River cruise deals are also inclusive of all transfers to/from the ship, gratuities /tips, all local port charges, all airport taxes. Avalon cruise prices are also inclusive of door-to-door home pick-up (by car (limit is 75 miles / 120 km of guests' chosen airport) and the flights from the UK - departures from the London's Heathrow airport, regional flights are at a supplement.
Century Legend cabins
- (list of amenities) - 2 twin beds converting to queen, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to a private balcony, bathroom (shower/tub, bathrobes, slippers), living area (sofa, coffee table, vanity desk), Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, deluxe pillow menu, hairdryer, flat TV (satellite), safe, complimentary bottled water, individual climate control. Occupancy is 2 guests per room.
- 2x Presidential Suite (size 1140 ft2 / 106 m2, balcony 30 m2)
- 34x Executive Suite (size 415 ft2 / 38,5 m2, balcony 3,6 m2)
- 4x Junior Suite (size 323 ft2 / 30 m2, balcony 4,3 m2)
- 156x Deluxe Staterooms (size 300 ft2 / 28 m2, balcony 2,8 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Century Legend - user reviews and comments
Other Century Cruises China cruise ships
Century Legend User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review