Celebrity Constellation Review and Specifications
Specifications of Celebrity Constellation
|Year built||2002 / Age : 17|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90940 gt|
|Passengers||2130 - 2556|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Summit|
|Former names||GTS Constellation|
|Christened by||Jean Arneberg|
Current itinerary / position of Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation current cruise is 10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona. Prices start from USD 1849 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 20 Oct, 2019 and ends on 30 Oct, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Oct 17:00||Departing from Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy hotels|
|21 Oct 07:00 - 22:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|23 Oct 08:00 - 21:00||Portofino, Italy Riviera|
|24 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Villefranche-sur-Mer, Nice, France Riviera|
|25 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Toulon, France Riviera|
|26 Oct 07:00 - 21:00||Sete, France Riviera|
|28 Oct 07:00 - 21:00||Valencia, Spain|
|29 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Spain|
|30 Oct 06:00||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain hotels|
Review of Celebrity Constellation
Launched in 2002, Celebrity Constellation is the 4th and last of the Millennium-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Infinity, Millennium and Summit. Celebrity Cruises Constellation ship is scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on May 1, 2020.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises line was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 90,940-ton, 2,449-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Constellation was named by her fans "Connie". Over the years, the Constellation cruise ship and her sisters have gathered a lot of admirers, drawn to the entrance-making atrium and marble stairway, the ocean liner-themed, gut-busting French restaurant, and the spectacular (for a large vessel) two-to-one passenger-to-crew ratio. Design-simple and intelligent, Celebrity Constellation includes numbers of strange flourishes, like the existentially unsettling "Word Thief" sculpture - an amorphous, kneeling figure constructed out of strings of words - and a pair of curved sea-view elevator banks that undulate over the ship's design.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Constellation itinerary program is based on 4- and 5-day short Bahamas and Caribbean cruises departing from Fort Lauderdale FL. Constellation also operates on the Black Sea and Mediterranean voyages leaving from Rome, Venice, and Istanbul, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Celebrity Constellation staterooms are 170-190-sq.foot Balcony rooms (541). Almost 60% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1059 staterooms in 27 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms, 50 are the Suites. The largest aboard Celebrity Constellation is the Penthouse Suite (1430 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
When the line took the decision to change the Millennium-class vessels in the image of their more new sisters, Celebrity Constellation was the first in the series to take the $40-plus million overhaul during a 15-day dry dock in May 2010. A lot of things have changed for the vessel, in the form of design and onboard features, but Celebrity Constellation's most visible alterations focused on the Deck 4 and 5 social hub, which creates a 2-floor connection between the San Marco main dining room and the Celebrity Theater. The old Martini Bar has been changed with a glowing green pod, ice-topped bar, and juggling bartenders. Cellar Masters, a wine venue using a self-service dispensary system, has changed the original, staid Champagne Bar. The other notable dry-dock feature is the Tuscan Grille. The for-fee steak and wine choice have replaced a nice but apparently revenue-draining flower shop.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Constellation restaurants and food bars.
- Ocean Liners Restaurant (102-seats specialty restaurant, reservations only; with French cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time; with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows; also features the Wine Cellar annex). In 2017, the restaurant was replaced by Tuscan Grille (steakhouse).
- San Marco Restaurant (1,140-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (62-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (102-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (92-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Seaside Cafe & Grill (695-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Tuscan Grille (82-seat specialty seafood/steakhouse restaurant; reservations-only)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch) - in 2017 was replaced by Top Deck Burger Bar.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The modern Celebrity Theater is where most of the entertainment action takes place onboard Celebrity Constellation. The banquet-style seats are quite comfortable for the hour-long programs. The 2-tiered theater is 3 decks high and hosts Vegas-style productions, focusing on pop and Broadway hits. Other evening headliners include musical acts, veteran singers and comedians. Evening entertainment elsewhere onboard emphasizes on music. Bands in the Rendezvous Lounge perform the '40s and '50s jazz standards, pop songs and other danceable classic hits. The Reflections venue serves as an observation lounge and a quiet place for craft and dance classes by day.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Constellation lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Constellation Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Constellation Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Cinema (also used as Conference Center)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Constellation Fortunes Casino
- Online@Celebrity Center (24-hour Internet computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty-free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (83-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Acupuncture Treatments Room; Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Rooftop Terrace
- Qsine (signature restaurant)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Seaside Pool (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Sunset Bar (120-seat, alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Reflections Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Constellation wiki
Celebrity Cruises Constellation ship (inaugural cruise on May 12, 2002, original name "GTS Constellation", nickname "Connie") is the 4th and last of company's Millennium-class liners. Sisterships are Infinity, Millennium, Summit. The vessel received Conde Nast's readers award for "2007 best large cruise ship".
Constellation features an impressive (for a big liner) 2-to-1 guests-t-crew ratio. In May 2010, it became fleet's first liner scheduled for drydock refurbishment as part of an initiative for "Solsticizing" all Millennium ships. Constellation attracts mostly upper-middle-class travelers, the majority well-traveled and experienced, predominantly North Americans and Europeans (from UK, also from Germany and France) and mostly couples ages 40-70, but it all depends on the season, destination and itinerary.
The May 2010 refurb cost over USD 40 million. The decor was seriously changed, and some new features were added, like the Tuscan Grill. Some old social places were also upgraded - the Champagne Bar (into Cellar Masters) and the Martini Bar (into its newer version). The second dry dock for Constellation was in April 2013 when she added the line's "Solsticization" upgrades. Among the ship's new features are 107 AquaClass cabins, 66 new cabins, new balcony rooms, new color scheme, upgraded basketball court, craft beer in the Michael's Club, new sun loungers on the pool decks, iLounge (with Apple workstations), new meeting and conference space, a retail store.
Celebrity Constellation refurbishment 2017 review
Ship’s 2017 drydock (May 12-26, done in Cadiz Spain) resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- (Sports deck 12) new relaxation and entertainment areas were added (aft location) named “Rooftop Terrace” (taking some space from the sundeck area at the stern). Rooftop Terrace features comfortable outdoor furniture, soundscape, large movie screen. Rooftop Terrace also doubles as "A Taste of Film" in the evenings.
- (Plaza deck 3) “Ocean Liners” restaurant was replaced by Tuscan Grille (steakhouse restaurant at a surcharge). Also on Plaza deck 3 a new office for “Future Cruise Sales” was built (separate from the Captain’s Club) and a new portrait studio was added (The Studio). The Cinema was redesigned to function also as Conference Center.
- On deck 5 a new retail store was added and the entire shopping arcade was renovated.
- On deck 11 (midship) was added to the Qsine restaurant.
- Renovations were done to the Casino (Promenaded deck 4) and to the adults-only complex “Solarium” (Lido deck 10). Both areas received new furniture and flooring. Also on the Lido deck, the pool area and the Spa Cafe were renovated. The Casino’s theme decoration was removed.
- (Lido / Pool Decl 10) the new "Top Deck Burger Bar" replaced the poolside food bar "Mast Grill". The new poolside bar has an extensive fast-food menu with burgers and toppings (including Celebrity Signature Burger and the custom-made BYOB / Build Your Own Burger).
- Major renovations were done to all Suite accommodations (categories Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite), including new plush furniture and amenities upgrades. Cabin changes included upgraded bathrooms (marble surfaces, new tiled floors, comfortable seats, new lighting system), renovated powder rooms, new carpeting, new drapes, new bed linens, new artwork.
- All cabins were modernized and upgraded with RFID (radio-frequency identification) door locks. The technology allows passengers access their cabins by simply tapping their SeaPass card against the door lock to unlock it.
The list of deckplan changes following the April 2013 drydock included:
- 66 new passenger cabins were added (17x oceanview, 12x Interior, 37x AquaClass).
- 107 balcony rooms were upgraded to AquaClass category Spa cabins.
- The balconies of all Sky Suites (mini-suites) were updated and refurbished.
- The basketball court (deck 12) was upgraded.
- On Promenade Deck 4 (midship starboard, in the Grand Foyer area) were added two new bars – Martini Bar and Crush Bar.
- Bistro on Five (creperie) was added on deck 5. In 2016, it was renamed to “Sushi on Five”.
- Michael’s Club menu was upgraded, now offering 60+ craft beers.
- A new retail store was added.
- New Celebrity iLounge (Internet place on deck 6) replaced the old Online@Celebrity Center. New Apple PCs were installed.
- The Wi-Fi was upgraded to shipwide coverage.
- All public spaces and passenger cabins received new carpeting, upholstery, and draperies.
- On Lido Deck 10, the pool deck’s sunbathing area was refurbished with new sun loungers. New gym equipment was installed in the fitness.
Celebrity Constellation - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity ConstellationAdd Photo
Celebrity Constellation ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises’ 2020 Europe season is expected to be the line’s most “revolutionary” yet. The brand unveiled 4 new longer...August 25, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is the second cruise company to drop voyages in the Arabian Gulf. The cruise liner Celebrity Constellation had scheduled...August 12, 2019
MS Celebrity Constellation broke moorings at port La Spezia Monday afternoon, October 29, due to stormy weather with strong winds. The liner...October 30, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Silhouette will set sail out of Southampton for the first time, with itineraries including a new 12-night Scandinavia & Russia...July 6, 2017
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Constellation Itineraries
The below listed Celebrity Constellation cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Celebrity Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Sep 22||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$1579|
|2019 Oct 01||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$3879|
|2019 Oct 10||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice|
|2019 Oct 20||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1849|
|2019 Oct 30||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$3399|
|2019 Nov 08||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice|
|2019 Nov 18||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Dubai||Civitavecchia||$499|
|2019 Dec 03||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1499|
|2019 Dec 18||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$2059|
|2020 Jan 02||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1499|
|2020 Jan 17||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1519|
|2020 Feb 01||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1449|
|2020 Feb 16||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1609|
|2020 Mar 02||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1499|
|2020 Mar 17||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1699|
|2020 Apr 01||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai||$1349|
|2020 May 26||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$2679|
|2020 Jun 04||8 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1599|
|2020 Jun 12||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1749|
|2020 Jun 22||10 days, round-trip Venice, Turkey & Greek Islands||Venice||$2239|
|2020 Jul 02||9 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$2149|
|2020 Jul 11||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$2299|
|2020 Jul 20||10 days, round-trip Venice, Turkey & Greek Islands||Venice||$1949|
|2020 Jul 30||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1749|
|2020 Aug 17||10 days, round-trip Venice, Turkey & Greek Islands||Venice||$1949|
|2020 Aug 27||9 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$1299|
|2020 Sep 05||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1849|
|2020 Sep 14||10 days, round-trip Venice, Turkey & Greek Islands||Venice||$2099|
|2020 Sep 24||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1549|
|2020 Oct 03||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1349|
|2020 Oct 12||10 days, round-trip Venice, Turkey & Greek Islands||Venice||$1849|
|2020 Oct 22||9 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$1599|
|2020 Oct 31||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Tampa||Barcelona||$1569|
|2020 Nov 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$799|
|2020 Nov 21||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Tampa||$1259|
|2020 Dec 02||11 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1204|
|2020 Dec 13||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1099|
|2020 Dec 23||12 days, round-trip Touch Canal Holiday||Tampa||$1759|
|2021 Jan 04||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$1259|
|2021 Jan 15||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1099|
|2021 Jan 25||11 days, round-trip Touch Canal||Tampa||$1404|
|2021 Feb 05||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1099|
|2021 Feb 15||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$1304|
|2021 Feb 26||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1149|
|2021 Mar 08||11 days, round-trip Touch Canal||Tampa||$1454|
|2021 Mar 19||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1149|
|2021 Mar 29||11 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$1304|
|2021 Apr 09||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Tampa||$1149|
Celebrity Constellation User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review