Celebrity Constellation Review and Specifications
Specifications of Celebrity Constellation
|Year built||2002 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90940 gt|
|Passengers||2130 - 2556|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Former names||GTS Constellation|
|Christened by||Jean Arneberg|
Current itinerary of Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation current cruise is 11 days, round-trip Spain, France, & Italy Cruise. Prices start from USD 2199 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 19 Oct, 2018 and ends on 30 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Oct||Departing from Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|20 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Ajaccio, Corsica, France|
|22 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Malaga, Spain|
|23 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|24 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Gibraltar, UK|
|26 Oct 09:00 - 19:00||Sete, France|
|27 Oct 08:00 - 18:00||Toulon, France Riviera|
|28 Oct 08:00 - 21:00||Portofino, Italy|
|29 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|30 Oct||Arriving in Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
Review of Celebrity Constellation
Launched in 2002, Celebrity Constellation is the 4th and last of the Millennium-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Infinity, Millennium and Summit. Celebrity Cruises Constellation ship is scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on May 1, 2020.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises line was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "Χ" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 90,940-ton, 2,449-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Constellation was named by her fans "Connie". Over the years, the Constellation cruise ship and her sisters have gathered a lot of admirers, drawn to the entrance-making atrium and marble stairway, the ocean liner-themed, gut-busting French restaurant, and the spectacular (for a large vessel) two-to-one passenger-to-crew ratio. Design-simple and intelligent, Celebrity Constellation includes numbers of strange flourishes, like the existentially unsettling "Word Thief" sculpture - an amorphous, kneeling figure constructed out of strings of words - and a pair of curved sea-view elevator banks that undulate over the ship's design.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Constellation itinerary program is based on 4- and 5-day short Bahamas and Caribbean cruises departing from Fort Lauderdale FL. Constellation also operates on Black Sea and Mediterranean voyages leaving from Rome, Venice and Istanbul, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Celebrity Constellation staterooms are 170-190-sq.foot Balcony rooms (541). Almost 60% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1059 staterooms in 27 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms, 50 are the Suites. The largest aboard Celebrity Constellation are the Penthouse Suites (1430 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
When the line took the decision to change the Millennium-class vessels in the image of their more new sisters, Celebrity Constellation was the first in the series to take the $40-plus million overhaul during a 15-day dry dock in May 2010. A lot of things have changed for the vessel, in the form of design and onboard features, but Celebrity Constellation's most visible alterations focused on the Deck 4 and 5 social hub, which creates a 2-floor, shiplong connection between the San Marco main dining room and the Celebrity Theater. The old Martini Bar has been changed with a glowing green pod, ice-topped bar and juggling bartenders. Cellar Masters, a wine venue using a self-service dispensary system, has changed the original, staid Champagne Bar. The other notable dry-dock feature is the Tuscan Grille. The for-fee steak and wine choice has replaced a nicely but apparently revenue-draining flower shop.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Constellation restaurants and food bars.
- Ocean Liners Restaurant (102-seats specialty restaurant, reservations only; with French cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time; with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows; also features the Wine Cellar annex). In 2017, the restaurant was replaced by Tuscan Grille (steakhouse).
- San Marco Restaurant (1,140-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (62-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (102-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (92-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Seaside Cafe & Grill (695-seat indoor/outdoor self service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Tuscan Grille (82-seatspecialty seafood/steakhouse restaurant; reservations-only)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch) - in 2017 was replaced by Top Deck Burger Bar.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The modern Celebrity Theater is where most of the entertainment action takes place onboard Celebrity Constellation. The banquet-style seats are quite comfortable for the hour-long programs. The 2-tiered theater is 3 decks high and hosts Vegas-style productions, focusing on pop and Broadway hits. Other evening headliners include musical acts, veteran singers and comedians. Evening entertainment elsewhere onboard emphasizes on music. Bands in the Rendezvous Lounge perform '40s and '50s jazz standards, pop songs and other danceable classic hits. The Reflections venue serves as an observation lounge and a quiet place for craft and dance classes by day.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Constellation lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Constellation Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Cinema (also used as Conference Center)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Constellation Fortunes Casino
- Online@Celebrity Center (24-hour Internet computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (83-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Acupuncture Treatments Room; Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Rooftop Terrace
- Qsine (signature restaurant)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pooland seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Seaside Pool (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Sunset Bar (120-seat, alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Reflections Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Constellation wiki
- Celebrity Cruises Constellation ship (inaugural cruise on May 12, 2002, original name "GTS Constellation", nickname "Connie") is the 4th and last of the line's Millennium-class vessels. Her sisters in the fleet are Infinity, Millennium, Summit. She received the Conde Nast's readers award for "2007 best large cruise ship".
- Constellation features an impressive (for a big liner) 2-to-1 guests-t-crew ratio. In 2010, she was the first scheduled for a dry-dock refurbishment as part of an initiative for "Solsticizing" all Millennium ships. This ship attracts mostly upper middle-class guests, the majority well-traveled and experienced, predominantly North Americans and Europeans (UK, but also many from Germany and France) and mostly couples in the 40 to 70 age range, but it all depends on season, destination and itinerary.
- Constellation was the first of her class to receive a drydock refurbishment (in May 2010). It cost was over US$40 million. The decor was seriously changed, and some new features were added, like the Tuscan Grill. Some old social places were also upgraded - the Champagne Bar (into Cellar Masters) and the Martini Bar (into its newer version). The second dry dock for Constellation was in April 2013 when she added the line's "Solsticization" upgrades. Among the ship's new features are 107 AquaClass cabins, 66 new cabins, new balcony rooms, new color scheme, upgraded basketball court, craft beer in the Michael's Club, new sun loungers on the pool decks, iLounge (with Apple workstations), new meeting and conference space, a retail store.
- Celebrity Constellation entered dry dock for the last time on May 12, 2017 and emerged 2 weeks later, on May 26. During dry dock, the ship was fitted with brand new dining venues and a number of suites received enhancements. The refurbishment includes: Qsine: new restaurant concept. It promises unique dining experience with quirky ambiance, twists on favorite dishes and iPad menus. The Qsine reinvents the site currently popular as Ocean Liners Restaurant. The newest dining venue in the Celebrity Cruises fleet, Top Deck Burger Bar, situated on the Pool Deck (in the spot formerly known as Mast Grill), offers an extensive menu of burgers and toppings, such as Celebrity Signature Burger and BYOB (Build Your Own Burger). Rooftop Terrace features cozy furniture and an outdoor soundscape and movie screen. It is also home to the fusion of film and food, A Taste of Film. Other new venues and amenities include: The Studio - Celebrity Cruises' new portrait studio; Revitalized shopping area; Each stateroom aboard Celebrity Constellation was fitted with RFID door locks. Passengers can tap their SeaPass against the door lock that automatically unlocks; Every Penthouse & Royal Suite boasts powder room refreshes, such as marble surfaces and porcelain tiled floors. The rest suite areas received new artwork, carpeting, drapes, bed linens and plush furniture.
Celebrity Constellation - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity ConstellationAdd Photo
Celebrity Constellation ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Silhouette will set sail out of Southampton for the first time, with itineraries including a new 12-night Scandinavia & Russia...July 6, 2017
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Constellation Itineraries
The below listed Celebrity Constellation cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Celebrity Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 07||12 days, round-trip Israel & Mediterranean Cruise||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Oct 19||11 days, round-trip Spain, France, & Italy Cruise||Civitavecchia||$2199|
|2018 Oct 30||12 days, round-trip Israel & Mediterranean Cruise||Civitavecchia||$4899|
|2018 Nov 11||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Abu Dhabi||Civitavecchia|
|2018 Dec 08||14 days, round-trip Arabian Sea & India Cruise||Abu Dhabi||$1199|
|2018 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Arabian Sea & India Holiday||Abu Dhabi||$1619|
|2019 Jan 05||15 days, one-way from Abu Dhabi to Singapore||Abu Dhabi||$1819|
|2019 Jan 20||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Shanghai||Singapore||$999|
|2019 Feb 03||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai||$999|
|2019 Feb 17||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Abu Dhabi||Singapore||$2649|
|2019 Mar 04||14 days, round-trip Arabian Sea & India Cruise||Abu Dhabi||$1299|
|2019 Mar 18||15 days, one-way from Abu Dhabi to Singapore||Abu Dhabi||$1779|
|2019 Apr 02||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Abu Dhabi||Singapore||$4399|
|2019 Apr 17||15 days, one-way from Abu Dhabi to Civitavecchia||Abu Dhabi||$1249|
|2019 May 02||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1229|
|2019 May 12||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1499|
|2019 May 21||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Cruise||Venice||$2149|
|2019 May 31||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1629|
|2019 Jun 09||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1349|
|2019 Jun 19||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1599|
|2019 Jun 28||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1749|
|2019 Jul 08||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1429|
|2019 Jul 18||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1629|
|2019 Jul 28||9 days, round-trip Greek Isles Cruise||Venice||$1749|
|2019 Aug 06||9 days, round-trip Greek Isles Cruise||Venice||$1499|
|2019 Aug 15||10 days, round-trip Greek Isles Cruise||Venice||$1679|
|2019 Aug 25||9 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$1299|
|2019 Sep 03||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1449|
|2019 Sep 12||10 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$1679|
|2019 Sep 22||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$1299|
|2019 Oct 01||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$1549|
|2019 Oct 10||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1499|
|2019 Oct 20||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1199|
|2019 Oct 30||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$1149|
|2019 Nov 08||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$1149|
|2019 Nov 18||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Dubai||Civitavecchia||$1049|
|2019 Dec 03||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1599|
|2019 Dec 18||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1799|
|2020 Jan 02||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1599|
|2020 Jan 17||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1599|
|2020 Feb 01||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1599|
|2020 Feb 16||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1599|
|2020 Mar 02||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1599|
|2020 Mar 17||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$1599|
|2020 Apr 01||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai||$1199|