Celebrity Millennium Review and Specifications
Specifications of Celebrity Millennium
|Year built||2000 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90963 gt|
|Passengers||2158 - 2590|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Robyn Roux|
Current itinerary of Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Shanghai. Prices start from USD 1299 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 13 Oct, 2018 and ends on 27 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|13 Oct||Departing from Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan|
|15 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Shimizu, Shizuoka, Japan|
|16 Oct 11:00 - 20:00||Kobe, Osaka-Kyoto, Japan|
|18 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Kochi, Japan|
|19 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Hiroshima, Japan|
|21 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Kagoshima, Japan|
|22 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Nagasaki, Japan|
|23 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Busan, South Korea|
|24 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Jeju Island, Cheju, South Korea|
|25 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Incheon, Seoul, South Korea|
|27 Oct||Arriving in Shanghai, China|
Review of Celebrity Millennium
Launched in 2000, Celebrity Millennium is the 1st of the Millennium-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Constellation, Infinity and Summit. Celebrity Cruises Millennium ship is scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on February 9, 2019.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises line was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "Χ" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 90,963-ton, 2,035-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Millennium became the first-in-class flagship for Celebrity Cruises, with a new gas propulsion technology and exterior elevators. Nowadays, the vessel benefits from a series of upgrades, created to make the older Millennium-class ships up to par with the new technologies and the modern Solstice-class ships. New cabins (plus AquaSpa accommodations), interesting dining venues, a new modern coffee shop, bars and an Internet Center create the feeling that the intimate experience is above all. The Millennium boasts a tortoise-shell onyx stairway in the middle and stunning space in the Cosmos Lounge with wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows. The ship is quite impressive, with 14 elevators and a design that makes people forget what they are looking for. Big outside deck space helps in this regard.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Millennium itinerary program is based on cruises in Asia with departures from Singapore and Hong Kong. During summer, the Millennium sails on Alaska voyages from Vancouver BC and Seward AK. The ship visits Hawaii on repositioning.
Most Celebrity Millennium staterooms are 170-190-sq.foot Balcony rooms (561). Almost 60% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1079 staterooms in 28 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms, 50 are the Suites. The largest aboard Celebrity Millennium are the Penthouse Suites (1430 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Metropolitan Restaurant is Celebrity Millennium's main dining room. It offers formal breakfast, brunch on one of the sea days, lunch on select days, and dinner. The entire back wall of the Metropolitan is glass. The decor is a mix of contemporary and Art Deco and makes the restaurant lovely and elegant, thus setting the stage for equally elegant dining experience. Even though it's a large space, the Metropolitan has been designed in a way that makes it quiet and guests can enjoy a conversation. The Oceanview Cafe is ship's buffet restaurant, situated aft on the pool deck. Tea, coffee and juices are available 24 hours a day. Food is served from 6:30 am to 1 am.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Millennium restaurants and food bars.
- The Olympic Restaurant (114-seat reservations only specialty restaurant; “RMS Titanic” themed; offers French and American cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time, with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows and Wine Cellar annex)
- Metropolitan Restaurant (900-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (60-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (98-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (90-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Oceanview Cafe & Grill (568-seat indoor/outdoor self service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch)
- Qsine (86-seat dinner only specialty restaurant; reservations recommended).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Deck 4 is Millennium's entertainment hub. Anyone looking for excitement can easily find it in ship's Rendezvous Lounge, lined with huge windows opening onto the promenade. In the evenings, guests sing karaoke and dance on the center wood floor until the wee hours. The Martini Bar and Crush, with juggling bartenders and ice-topped bar, make great pre-dinner cocktails. The 3-deck Celebrity Theater feels like a real theater with comfortable banquette seating in red and purple hues, double balcony and nonobstructed views. Most of the shows are the typical cruise fare with "The Celebrity Singers and Dancers" and a live orchestra. Guest entertainers also perform. The forward-facing lounge Cosmos, at the top of the ship, is on three sides surrounded with floor-to-ceiling windows. During the day it's used as an observation station and for activities. At night, it's turned into a disco.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Millennium lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Millennium Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Millennium Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Millennium Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet cafe/computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (72-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Acupuncture Treatments Room; Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Riviera Pool area (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Oceanview Bar (alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Cosmos Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Millennium wiki
- Celebrity Cruises Millennium ship is of the line's Millennium-class vessels, Her sisters in the Celebrity's fleet are Constellation, Infinity, Summit. Millennium is the first Millennium-class vessel (first cruise June 17, 2000, original name "GTS Millennium"). The propulsion system COGAS, combined gas and steam, was seen for the first time in Millennium. Another interesting fact about the Millennium ship is that some of the wooden panels used in her restaurant are originals from the RMS Titanic's sister - the ocean liner RMS Olympic. Panels were removed in 1935 when the Olympic ship was scrapped.
- The Millennium ship was extensively refurbished ("Solsticeized") in May 2012. During that 3-week dry-dock the ship was renewed with AquaSpa cabins, the AquaSpa signature "Blu" restaurant, its "Celebrity Suites" were upgraded with balconies.
- Fun facts: gts Millennium was the world's first ever cruise ship with the fuel-efficient COGAS (combined gas and steam turbines) power plant installed. This ship also has some original wooden panels from the scrapped RMS Olympic ship as relics.
Celebrity Millennium - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity MillenniumAdd Photo
Celebrity Millennium ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises 2019 Alaska season will feature a total of 13 destinations with more than 40 extended port visits onboard 3 ships in the region...November 29, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A 2,000-passenger cruise liner was supposed to visit Unalaska on Friday, September 15, but instead decided to sail to Sitka. Despite...September 18, 2017
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Millennium Itineraries
The below listed Celebrity Millennium cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Celebrity Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 30||13 days, round-trip Japanese Explorer Cruise||Yokohama|
|2018 Oct 13||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Shanghai||Yokohama||$1299|
|2018 Oct 27||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Yokohama||Shanghai||$999|
|2018 Nov 10||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Hong Kong||Yokohama||$1699|
|2018 Nov 24||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1199|
|2018 Dec 08||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1099|
|2018 Dec 22||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1549|
|2019 Feb 09||7 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$2899|
|2019 Feb 16||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1299|
|2019 Mar 02||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1549|
|2019 Mar 16||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$1099|
|2019 Mar 30||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Yokohama||Shanghai||$1549|
|2019 Apr 13||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Tokyo||Yokohama||$11399|
|2019 Apr 27||13 days, one-way from Tokyo to Vancouver||Tokyo||$849|
|2019 May 10||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$879|
|2019 May 17||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$699|
|2019 May 24||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1069|
|2019 May 31||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$779|
|2019 Jun 07||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1039|
|2019 Jun 14||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$949|
|2019 Jun 21||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$929|
|2019 Jun 28||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1049|
|2019 Jul 05||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1119|
|2019 Jul 12||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1049|
|2019 Jul 19||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$949|
|2019 Jul 26||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1099|
|2019 Aug 02||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1199|
|2019 Aug 09||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$999|
|2019 Aug 16||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$969|
|2019 Aug 23||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1109|
|2019 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip Alaska Northern Glacier Cruise||Vancouver||$899|
|2019 Sep 06||16 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama||Vancouver||$1099|
|2019 Oct 02||10 days, round-trip Japan & Korea Cruise||Yokohama||$1499|
|2019 Oct 12||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Shanghai||Yokohama||$2099|
|2019 Oct 26||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Yokohama||Shanghai||$1599|
|2019 Nov 09||14 days, round-trip Japanese Explorer Cruise||Yokohama||$2399|
|2019 Nov 23||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Hong Kong||Yokohama||$1549|
|2019 Dec 07||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1499|
|2019 Dec 21||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1899|
|2020 Jan 04||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1299|
|2020 Jan 18||14 days, round-trip Vietnam, Philippines, Hong Kong||Singapore||$1549|
|2020 Feb 01||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1499|
|2020 Feb 15||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$1499|
|2020 Feb 29||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1499|
|2020 Mar 14||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$1499|
|2020 Mar 28||13 days, one-way from Shanghai to Yokohama||Shanghai||$1799|
|2020 Apr 10||11 days, round-trip Japanese Explorer Cruise||Yokohama||$1999|
|2020 Apr 21||11 days, round-trip Japanese Explorer Cruise||Yokohama||$1999|