Celebrity Silhouette current position
Specifications of Celebrity Silhouette
|Year built||2011 / Age: 10|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 640 million (2020 "Celebrity Revolution" drydock USD 70 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||315 m / 1033 ft|
|Beam (width)||36 m / 118 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||122210 gt|
|Passengers||2898 - 3475|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Solstice|
|Christened by||Michelle Morgan|
Celebrity Silhouette Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jul 03||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia St. Petersburg||Southampton||$3409|
|2021 Jul 17||14 days, round-trip Scandinavia St. Petersburg Cruise||Southampton||$3209|
|2021 Jul 31||14 days, round-trip Spain Italian Mediterranean||Southampton||$3239|
|2021 Aug 14||12 days, round-trip Spain Portugal Mediterranean||Southampton||$2629|
|2021 Aug 26||9 days, round-trip Best Of The Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Southampton||$2339|
|2021 Sep 04||14 days, round-trip Iceland Ireland Cruise||Southampton||$3859|
|2021 Sep 18||9 days, round-trip European Capital Cities Cruise||Southampton||$2559|
|2021 Sep 27||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Spain Portugal||Southampton||$2719|
|2021 Oct 08||10 days, round-trip Spain Portugal Cruise||Southampton||$2369|
|2021 Oct 18||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Spain Portugal||Southampton||$2439|
|2021 Nov 01||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale||Southampton||$1639|
|2021 Nov 12||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1409|
|2021 Nov 22||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1619|
|2021 Dec 03||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1439|
|2021 Dec 13||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2021 Dec 24||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$2319|
|2022 Jan 04||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1439|
|2022 Jan 14||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1489|
|2022 Jan 24||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Curacao Cayman||Fort Lauderdale||$1489|
|2022 Feb 04||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1439|
|2022 Feb 14||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1889|
|2022 Feb 25||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2022 Mar 07||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1619|
|2022 Mar 18||10 days, round-trip Ultimate Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1499|
|2022 Mar 28||11 days, round-trip Aruba, Bonaire Curacao||Fort Lauderdale||$1549|
|2022 Apr 08||13 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton||Fort Lauderdale||$1329|
|2022 Apr 21||9 days, round-trip Spain, Portugal France||Southampton||$1699|
|2022 Apr 30||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$1449|
|2022 May 07||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$1449|
|2022 May 14||12 days, round-trip Scandinavia St. Petersburg||Southampton||$2649|
|2022 May 26||4 days, round-trip Bruges Amsterdam||Southampton||$949|
|2022 May 30||12 days, round-trip Scandinavia St. Petersburg||Southampton||$2649|
|2022 Jun 11||14 days, round-trip Iceland Ireland||Southampton||$2899|
|2022 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords||Southampton||$1699|
|2022 Jul 23||7 days, round-trip Spain Portugal||Southampton||$1699|
|2022 Jul 30||14 days, round-trip Spain Italian Mediterranean||Southampton||$2999|
|2022 Aug 13||12 days, round-trip Scandinavia St. Petersburg||Southampton||$2649|
|2022 Aug 25||4 days, round-trip Bruges Amsterdam||Southampton||$949|
|2022 Aug 29||12 days, round-trip Iceland Ireland||Southampton||$2649|
|2022 Sep 10||9 days, round-trip Spain France||Southampton||$1849|
|2022 Sep 19||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Spain Portugal||Southampton||$2249|
|2022 Sep 30||9 days, round-trip Spain France||Southampton||$1849|
|2022 Oct 09||11 days, round-trip Canary Islands, Spain Portugal||Southampton||$2249|
|2022 Oct 20||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Miami||Southampton||$1239|
|2022 Nov 03||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$679|
|2022 Nov 07||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1649|
|2022 Nov 17||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$679|
|2022 Nov 21||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1749|
|2022 Dec 01||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$679|
|2022 Dec 05||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1649|
|2022 Dec 15||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$679|
|2022 Dec 19||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Holiday||Miami||$2399|
|2022 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Key West Mexico Holiday||Miami||$1099|
|2023 Jan 03||9 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1619|
|2023 Jan 12||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$699|
|2023 Jan 16||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1749|
|2023 Jan 26||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$719|
|2023 Jan 30||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1699|
|2023 Feb 09||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$719|
|2023 Feb 13||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1749|
|2023 Feb 23||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$719|
|2023 Feb 27||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1729|
|2023 Mar 09||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$769|
|2023 Mar 13||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1849|
|2023 Mar 23||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$719|
|2023 Mar 27||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1779|
|2023 Apr 06||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas||Miami||$769|
|2023 Apr 10||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Miami||$1699|
Celebrity Silhouette Review
Review of Celebrity Silhouette
Launched in 2011, Celebrity Silhouette is the 4th of the Solstice-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Equinox, Eclipse, Solstice and Reflection. Celebrity Cruises Silhouette ship was scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on January 24, 2020.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 122,210-ton, 2,886-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Silhouette has been operational since July 2011 and features more attractions than the earlier ships in the fleet. Silhouette was designed to be eco-friendly, with numerous dining venues, green grass covering the deck area and glass marble luxury. She was the first Celebrity Cruises ship with the themed Porch restaurant, Lawn Club Grill (with Alcoves and Art Studio) and Hideaway adults-only retreat.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Silhouette itinerary program is based on Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises with departures from Fort Lauderdale FL. During summer, the ship sails on Baltic Sea voyages leaving from Amsterdam, and on Mediterranean voyages from Rome, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Celebrity Silhouette staterooms are total 1443 (of which 66 Suites, 1147 Balcony rooms) in 30 grades. Most Celebrity Silhouette staterooms are 195-sq. foot Balcony rooms. 85% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views - the 54-sq. foot balconies offer amazing views toward the blue ocean. 30 are the wheelchair-accessible rooms. The largest aboard Celebrity Silhouette is the Penthouse Suite (1290 ft2), which includes floor-to-ceiling glass doors, a master bedroom, a separate living room, a bar where you can meet new people and a piano.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Grand Cuvee Restaurant is the ship's main dining room, located aft on decks 3 and 4, featuring dazzling chandeliers and a dramatic 2-story high glass wine tower. Celebrity Select Dining is available between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. in 30-minute increments on a first come first serve basis, giving passengers the flexibility to dine when and with whom they want - subject to availability. Reservations can be made online up to 4 days prior to sailing or onboard with the maître d'. Travellers have the option to turn up when they prefer but may have to wait. The dinner menu features up to 29 selections, comprising Appetisers, Salads, Soups, Entrées, and Desserts. The left-hand side of the menu remains the same while the right-hand side is changed nightly.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Silhouette restaurants and food bars.
- Murano (76-seats specialty restaurant, reservations-only; with French cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time; with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows; also features the Wine Cellar annex)
- Grand Cuvee Restaurant (1,428-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m., or “My Time Dining”)
- Bistro on Five (68-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Qsine (72-seat dinner-only specialty restaurant, reservations recommended, open 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.)
- Blu (130-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (36-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Oceanview Cafe & Bar (781-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Tuscan Grille (130-seat specialty seafood/steakhouse restaurant; reservations-only)
- The Lawn Club Grill (78-seat reservations-only specialty restaurant)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch)
- The Porch (48-seat casual dining fast food bar)
- A new dining offering was added during the 2020 refurbishment, called Craft Social (former Cellar Masters), featuring comfort food favourites, HDTVs, and leather seating, along with over 40 craft beers, wine, and cocktails on tap.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Celebrity Silhouette's entertainment program includes cooking demos, wine-tasting seminars, port shopping talks, and bingo. There are a handful of twists, plus self-taught language classes for a fee and lectures sponsored by the Smithsonian (on select cruises). A new thing for Silhouette: two artists are available to answer your questions and teach classes in the vessel's art studio at the port side entrance to the Lawn Club. The spot replaced the Corning Museum of Glass' showcase room.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Silhouette lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Silhouette Theatre (1,115-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Silhouette Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment); Boulevard Shops (seven Atrium duty-free shops and boutiques); Galleria Boutiques (ten duty-free shops); Sun & Sea Shop; The Lawn Club Shop
- The Retreat ultimate all-inclusive area for Suite passengers was added during the 2020 refurbishment, highlighted by The Retreat Sundeck with luxurious cabanas, loungers, bar, hot tub, and more; as well as an exclusive 24/7 lounge with concierge services, complimentary beverages, and gourmet bites, known as The Retreat Lounge (former Michael’s Club).
- The Entertainment Court Bar, a brand new cocktail quick-stop spot, was also added in 2020
- Passport Bar (Atrium Lobby Bar with live entertainment)
- The Entertainment Court (live performances, dance parties)
- Quasar Disco & Nightclub
- Celebrity Central (200-seat show lounge for movies, musical performances, comedy shows; also hosts classes and games)
- Galleria Boutiques Shops – shopping alley consisting of the first at sea Bulgari (Italian luxury jewelry, watches), the only one at sea Michael Kors (watches, jewelry, leather, bags), Watch (brand watches), Women’s, and Men’s (both shops are for clothing). During the 2020 refurbishment, world-class retail offerings were added, such as iconic vintage brand What Goes Around Comes Around; Tarbay collection from Venezuela with handcrafted fine jewelry; artisan-driven Lemlem with a collection of shoes, handbags, and resort wear, made in Africa; Tao Company Jewelry by Vanessa Arcila; and a new destination shop, Point B.
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle); Galleria Tastings (food and wine tastings, fashion shows, art auctions); Molecular Bar; Ensemble Lounge
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Silhouette Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Team Earth (eco-awareness club; ex-Hideaway adults-only retreat)
- Game On (Card Room)
- Relaxation Lounge
- Sky Observation Lounge & Nightclub
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (54-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Art Gallery; Library; The Art Studio (art and craft classes, demonstrations including cooking lessons; partnership with “ArtCenter South Florida”)
- Acupuncture at Sea; Elmis Shop (Spa products); Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area). The upgraded in 2020 Fitness Center features new state-of-the-art cardio & weight equipment provided by Technogym
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Pool Bar; Sports Pool
- Family Pool
- Wet Zone (kids & teens water play area)
- Sunset Bar (alfresco bar with a shaded lounge area, banquette seating, and hammocks, selling fine cigars)
- Patio on the Lawn (relaxation area); The Lawn Club (real green grass relaxation area with 8 refreshed Alcoves - private cabanas for rental - as well as an oversized outdoor movie screen);
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; 3-hole Mini Golf putting, Lawn Bowling, Bocce, Croquet; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Silhouette - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity SilhouetteAdd Photo
Celebrity Silhouette ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RCG-Royal Caribbean Group announced it is extending the suspension of some cruises, including all sailings from the United States through June 30...April 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises confirmed cruises from the UK in summer 2021. The "Staycations" will be onboard its Celebrity Silhouette ship, which was recently...March 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The RCG-Royal Caribbean Group's brand Celebrity Cruises announced 2022-2023 Caribbean Winter Season based on 8 ships. Celebrity's Caribbean fleet...January 22, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is due to sail the 2022 European Summer Season with 6 of its award-winning liners, including its newest Edge Class vessels...December 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The premium travel brand Celebrity Cruises announced an updated 2021-2022 winter program for the Caribbean, South America and Europe. The new...November 18, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises' newbuild Celebrity Apex was ceremonially welcomed by her sisterships off CocoCay Bahamas - an anchorage site near Royal Caribbean...October 15, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Silhouette returned from a 42-day bow-to-stern refurbishment. The completion of the modernization makes Silhouette the 4th ship in the...February 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises’ 2020 Europe season is expected to be the line’s most “revolutionary” yet. The brand unveiled 4 new longer...August 25, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The newly refurbished Celebrity Equinox is ready to revolutionize the way Celebrity travellers experience the Caribbean. The dramatic transformation...June 5, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The mini ex-Southampton UK season of Celebrity Apex will lead the cruise line’s largest ever program of United Kingdom and Ireland deployment...November 21, 2018
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Silhouette Wiki
Celebrity Cruises Silhouette ship is of company's Solstice-class liners, with sisterships Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Solstice. Silhouette is the 4th Solstice-class vessel and was launched on July 23, 2011. Staterooms as categories also include the new AquaClass and ConciergeClass cabins. The percentage of outside cabins is 90%, while 85% of those have balconies.
Silhouette was Celebrity fleet's first vessel with the Hideaway retreat (a tree house area), Lawn Club Grill and The Porch restaurant.
Celebrity Silhouette refurbishment 2020 review
The Silhouette project included adding 6 new staterooms (2x Sunset Suites and 4x Interior cabins), upgrading all cabins with new furniture, programmable RFID door locks (wristband and card access), Bluetooth connectivity, adding The Retreat Sundeck (exclusive suite passengers-only relaxation complex, fka Solstice Deck), redesigning Oceanview Cafe (Deck 14). Cabin upgrades also included all bathrooms, new LED lighting, carpeting, drapes, bed linens, artworks.
The new dining venue Craft Social (fka Cellar Masters) offers leather seating, comfortable food favourites, HDTVs, 40+ craft beers, wines and cocktails on tap. A new cocktail venue is the Entertainment Court Bar. Lawn Club was updated with 8 refreshed Alcoves and a large-size outdoor LED screen for movies. Sunset Bar was upgraded with a shaded lounge, banquette seating and hammocks.
The Fitness Center was upgraded with new cardio and weight equipment by Technogym. Onboard retail shopping was upgraded by adding the boutiques What Goes Around Comes Around (1993-established authentic luxury vintage merchandise), TARBAY (Venezuela-made jewellery), Lemlem (Africa-made shoes, handbags, resort wear), Tao Company Jewelry by Vanessa Arcila (Colombia-made jewellery), Point B (new destination shop), Hublot (luxury Swiss watches), Shinola (luxury watches, jewellery, premium leather goods).
Renovations were done to Photo Gallery, Art Gallery, iLounge. Redesigned were Casino Lounge, Casino Bar, Library. Renovations also received the Solarium and Pool Deck (deck 10). Upgrades were also made to all crew areas (cabins, gym, recreational spaces, outdoor bar lounge, laundry facilities).
Xcelerate Wi-Fi Internet is now with shipwide coverage.
Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Revolution program (USD 0,5 billion) is fleetwide (9 liners) and includes:
- Renovations to all staterooms and public spaces - to bring the onboard amenities and services up to the Edge-class ship standards. For staterooms were contracted HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates (US-based hospitality interior design company) and Kelly Hoppen (UK-based interior designer).
- All staterooms are upgraded with eXhale bedding sets (premium cashmere mattresses) and high-tech amenities (RFID locks, Bluetooth, Xcelerate / Wi-Fi Internet).
- Adding "The Retreat" - adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) is redesigned, new (custom-made) menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher are introduced.
- The new Qsine Restaurant offers "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar are redesigned, as well as most public venues
- In the SPA is added expanded SEA Thermal Suite.
- Retail shops are expanded with new brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewellery, premium leather goods).
The liner's previous major drydock was in 2016 May.
Celebrity Silhouette User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review