Celebrity Millennium current position
Specifications of Celebrity Millennium
|Year built||2000 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90963 gt|
|Passengers||2158 - 2590|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Summit|
|Former names||GTS Millennium|
|Christened by||Robyn Roux|
Celebrity Millennium Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Dec 06||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$8109|
|2020 Dec 20||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$6759|
|2021 Jan 03||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$4859|
|2021 Jan 17||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$5659|
|2021 Jan 31||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$5859|
|2021 Feb 14||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$5759|
|2021 Feb 28||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$1589|
|2021 Mar 14||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Yokohama||Hong Kong||$8509|
|2021 Mar 28||14 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Yokohama||$9459|
|2021 Apr 11||14 days, round-trip Best Of Japan Cruise||Yokohama||$11159|
|2021 Apr 25||14 days, one-way from Yokohama to Vancouver||Yokohama||$4969|
|2021 May 09||5 days, round-trip Short Alaska Cruise||Vancouver||$699|
|2021 May 14||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$599|
|2021 May 21||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$549|
|2021 May 28||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$649|
|2021 Jun 04||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$549|
|2021 Jun 11||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$679|
|2021 Jun 18||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$699|
|2021 Jun 25||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$766|
|2021 Jul 02||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$769|
|2021 Jul 09||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$849|
|2021 Jul 16||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$939|
|2021 Jul 23||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$749|
|2021 Jul 30||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$699|
|2021 Aug 06||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$699|
|2021 Aug 13||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$709|
|2021 Aug 20||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$649|
|2021 Aug 27||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$699|
|2021 Sep 03||6 days, round-trip Sawyer Glacier Cruise||Vancouver||$819|
|2021 Sep 09||10 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$1229|
|2021 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip California Coastal Cruise||Los Angeles||$984|
|2021 Sep 26||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$1869|
|2021 Oct 12||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego||Fort Lauderdale||$1914|
|2021 Oct 27||15 days, one-way from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale||San Diego||$2099|
|2021 Nov 11||4 days, round-trip Grand Cayman Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$319|
|2021 Nov 15||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$869|
|2021 Nov 25||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$479|
|2021 Nov 29||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$779|
|2021 Dec 09||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$219|
|2021 Dec 13||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$779|
|2021 Dec 23||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Holiday Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$479|
|2021 Dec 27||10 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Holiday Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1539|
|2022 Jan 27||7 days, round-trip Key West, Belize Mexico Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$934|
|2022 Feb 03||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$799|
|2022 Feb 07||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1399|
|2022 Feb 17||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$799|
|2022 Feb 21||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1309|
|2022 Mar 03||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$379|
|2022 Mar 07||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1109|
|2022 Mar 17||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$799|
|2022 Mar 21||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1159|
|2022 Mar 31||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$839|
|2022 Apr 04||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean The Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$1109|
|2022 Apr 14||4 days, round-trip Key West Bahamas Cruise||Fort Lauderdale||$839|
|2022 Apr 18||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego||Fort Lauderdale||$1670|
|2022 May 03||10 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$1069|
Celebrity Millennium Review
Review of Celebrity Millennium
Launched in 2000, Celebrity Millennium is the 1st of the Millennium-class Celebrity cruise ships, together with Constellation, Infinity, and Summit. Celebrity Cruises Millennium ship is scheduled for "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment on February 9, 2019.
History - construction and ownership
Celebrity Cruises was founded in 1988 as the Greece-based Chandris Line (cruise shipping operations between 1974-1996). In 1997, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) merged with "Celebrity Cruises Ltd" to become "Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd" (RCCL). The "X" on ship funnels is the Greek letter chi (standing for "Chandris"). Common features of Celebrity Cruises ships include aft located glass-walled dining rooms, signature alternate dining venues, bars and lounges, spacious Atrium lobby areas, a large number of balcony staterooms, large sundecks with swimming pools, The Retreat (adults-only sundeck with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, cabanas, poolside full bar service). Rooftop Terrace (top-deck outdoor lounge-restaurant-cinema), large Spa (with Thermal Suites), premium retail shops selling top-brand merchandise.
The 90,963-ton, 2,035-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Millennium became the first-in-class flagship for Celebrity Cruises, with a new gas propulsion technology and exterior elevators. Nowadays, the vessel benefits from a series of upgrades, created to make the older Millennium-class ships up to par with the new technologies and the modern Solstice-class ships. New cabins (plus AquaSpa accommodations), interesting dining venues, a new modern coffee shop, bars, and an Internet Center create the feeling that the intimate experience is above all. The Millennium boasts a tortoise-shell onyx stairway in the middle and stunning space in the Cosmos Lounge with wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows. The ship is quite impressive, with 14 elevators and a design that makes people forget what they are looking for. Big outside deck space helps in this regard.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Millennium itinerary program is based on cruises in Asia with departures from Singapore and Hong Kong. During summer, the Millennium sails on Alaska voyages from Vancouver BC and Seward AK. The ship visits Hawaii on repositioning.
Most Celebrity Millennium staterooms are Balcony cabins (561). Almost 60% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1079 staterooms in 28 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms, 50 are the Suites. The largest aboard Celebrity Millennium is the Penthouse Suite (1430 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Metropolitan Restaurant is Celebrity Millennium's main dining room. It offers formal breakfast, brunch on one of the sea days, lunch on select days, and dinner. The entire back wall of the Metropolitan is glass. The decor is a mix of contemporary and Art Deco and makes the restaurant lovely and elegant, thus setting the stage for an equally elegant dining experience. Even though it's a large space, the Metropolitan has been designed in a way that makes it quiet and guests can enjoy a conversation. The Oceanview Cafe is ship's buffet restaurant, situated aft on the pool deck. Tea, coffee, and juices are available 24 hours a day. Food is served from 6:30 am to 1 am.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Millennium restaurants and food bars.
- The Olympic Restaurant (114-seat reservations only specialty restaurant; “RMS Titanic” themed; offers French and American cuisine, Five Senses tasting menu, Champagne High Tea Time, with Demonstration Kitchen for live cooking shows and Wine Cellar annex)
- Metropolitan Restaurant (900-seat aft Dining Room, with open seating Breakfast 8:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m., Afternoon Tea 4:00-5:00 p.m., and two fixed Dinner seatings - at 6:00 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bistro on Five (60-seat creperie all-you-can-eat restaurant; offers lunch and dinner with table-side service)
- Blu (98-seat AquaClass passengers only restaurant, reservations required; also serves Suite guests upon availability)
- AquaSpa Cafe (90-seat complimentary Solarium and Spa bar, self-service; offers healthy food choices for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Oceanview Cafe & Grill (568-seat indoor/outdoor self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; open between 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, with a variety of food stations)
- Mast Bar (alfresco burger bar, poolside; offers complimentary lunch)
- Qsine (86-seat dinner only specialty restaurant; reservations recommended).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Deck 4 is Millennium's entertainment hub. Anyone looking for excitement can easily find it in ship's Rendezvous Lounge, lined with huge windows opening onto the promenade. In the evenings, guests sing karaoke and dance on the center wood floor until the wee hours. The Martini Bar and Crush, with juggling bartenders and ice-topped bar, make great pre-dinner cocktails. The 3-deck Celebrity Theater feels like a real theater with comfortable banquette seating in red and purple hues, double balcony and nonobstructed views. Most of the shows are the typical cruise fare with "The Celebrity Singers and Dancers" and a live orchestra. Guest entertainers also perform. The forward-facing lounge Cosmos, at the top of the ship, is on three sides surrounded with floor-to-ceiling windows. During the day it's used as an observation station and for activities. At night, it's turned into a disco.
Follows the complete list of Celebrity Millennium lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Millennium Theatre (900-seat show lounge for grand musical and show productions; hosts daily trivia games, bingo, classes, movies)
- Millennium Atrium “Grand Foyer” (3-deck open floor area with live music entertainment)
- Michael’s Club (piano bar); Martini Bar; Crush Bar (with a 12-seat table filled with ice cubes in the middle)
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Millennium Fortunes Casino
- Celebrity iLounge (24-hour Internet cafe/computers room; sells Apple computers; classes available)
- Rendez-Vous Lounge & Nightclub
- The Emporium shopping alley (Atrium boutique shops for duty-free alcohol and tobaccos, watches, luxury jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing, logo items)
- Cafe Al Bacio & Gelateria (72-seat a la carte specialty coffee, patisserie, ice cream; with the Gelateria - Italian Gelato ice cream bar)
- Cellar Masters (24-hour Wine Bar; features an Enomatic wine tasting system; provides Sommelier consultations in the evenings)
- Art Gallery; Library
- Acupuncture Treatments Room; Aquaspa & Fitness complex with Persian Garden (Thermal Suite - rain shower, steam room, sauna, heated loungers), Therapy and Treatment Rooms, Hair & Beauty Salon, Solarium (adults area) and Aquaspa Cafe (spa bar)
- Fitness Center (with separate Aerobics area)
- Solarium Pool area (with adults-only Thalassotherapy Pool and seawater lap pool; 2 Whirlpools)
- Riviera Pool area (with Splash Pool for kids and 4 Whirlpools, outdoor pool bar, served by the Pool Grill)
- Oceanview Bar (alfresco bar, selling fine cigars)
- Cosmos Lounge (observation lounge during the day, show lounge & dance club in the evening)
- Kids clubs by age (Fun Factory 3-11 yo, Shipmates 3-5 yo, Cadets 6-8 yo, Ensigns 9-11 yo, with supervised age-appropriate activities, like arts-crafts, themed parties, games, movies, toys, interactive games, scavenger hunts)
- X-Club (teen-only disco and lounge area); Video Games Arcade
- Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard; Power Walking/Jogging Track; Multi-sports outdoor court; Sun Deck area.
Celebrity Millennium - user reviews and comments
Photos of Celebrity MillenniumAdd Photo
Celebrity Millennium ship related cruise news
Three cruise ships are currently at sea and waiting for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic to end, with dozens of ill crew onboard, Port San Diego...May 2, 2020
RCI-Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises laid up their fleets through May 11, a month later than the date both Miami-based companies had originally...March 25, 2020
RCI-Royal Caribbean announced they will be sending company's newest ship -Spectrum of the Seas, to Australia to host a complimentary 4-day voyage for...February 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises unveiled its 2021-2022 season, during which its 14 liners will visit more than 280 destinations in nearly 75 countries across 7...February 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises unveiled their 2021-2022 season of sailings onboard 14 cruise ships that are scheduled to visit more than 280 destinations in 75...December 13, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises is joining forces with a couple of legendary names in the culinary and entertainment worlds, the Michelin-starred Chef Daniel...February 18, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The transformation of Celebrity Millennium, part of The Celebrity Revolution, is the beginning of Celebrity Cruises’ largest fleet...February 13, 2019
A young officer working onboard the Celebrity Millennium ship has been found dead, hanging in his cabin’s bathroom on Thursday, December 6...December 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Celebrity Cruises 2019 Alaska season will feature a total of 13 destinations with more than 40 extended port visits onboard 3 ships in the region...November 29, 2017
- Cruise Industry
A 2,000-passenger cruise liner was supposed to visit Unalaska on Friday, September 15, but instead decided to sail to Sitka. Despite...September 18, 2017
- show more news
Other Celebrity Cruises cruise ships
Celebrity Millennium Wiki
Celebrity Cruises Millennium ship is one of the company's Millennium-class liners, with sisterships Constellation, Infinity, Summit. Originally named "GTS Millennium", this is the first vessel in this series, with inaugural cruise/maiden voyage on June 17, 2000. The propulsion system COGAS (combined "gas and steam turbines" power plant) was installed for the first time on Millennium. Another interesting ship fact is that some of the wooden panels used in the MDR restaurant are originals from RMS Titanic's sister - the ocean liner RMS Olympic. Panels were removed in 1935 when the Olympic ship was scrapped.
The Millennium cruise ship was extensively refurbished ("Solsticized") in May 2012. During that 3-week dry-dock, the ship was renewed with AquaSpa cabins, the AquaSpa signature "Blu" restaurant, its "Celebrity Suites" were upgraded with balconies.
Celebrity Millennium refurbishment 2019 review
Ship's January 2019 drydock (done in Singapore) resulted in the following changes:
- The vessel received company's new color scheme (hull and superstructure).
- All passenger staterooms were redesigned (via partnership with Hirsch Bedner Associates USA, and Kelly Hoppen UK) for a boutique hotel feel. All cabins were upgraded with "Celebrity eXhale" bedding (cashmere mattresses), electronic locks (RFID technology), Xcelerate (fast Internet), Bluetooth capabilities.
- The completely redesigned Qsine Restaurant was added. It offers "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping and presented by TableMation Studios - exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe (buffet restaurant) and Sunset Bar were redesigned and upgraded with new textures and finishes.
- The SPA was upgraded with an expanded SEA Thermal Suite.
- Retail shopping was expanded with new brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) was redesigned and new custom-made menus (by chef Cornelius Gallagher) were introduced.
- Added was The Retreat (adults-only sundeck) with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Most public venues (including all bars and lounges) were renovated, including Passport Bar (Atrium lobby bar lounge) and Gastrobar (serving 40+ craft beers).
Millennium became fleet's first liner upgraded by the "Celebrity Revolution" fleet renovation program - budgeted USD 500 million and scheduled for the period 2019-2023.
Celebrity Millennium refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deck plan changes after ship's drydock in May 2012 included:
- 60 new passenger cabins were added.
- 107 balcony rooms were upgraded to AquaClass category Spa cabins.
- The balconies of all Sky Suites (mini-suites) were updated and refurbished.
- Celebrity iLounge (Apple Computers reseller, Internet, enrichment classes)
- Bistro on Five (creperie) was added on deck 5. Later in 2016 was renamed to “Sushi on Five”.
- On Promenade Deck 4 (midship starboard, in the Grand Foyer area) were added two new bars – Martini Bar and Crush Bar.
- Michael’s Club menu was upgraded with 60+ craft beers.
- The Wi-Fi was upgraded to shipwide coverage.
- On Lido Deck 10, the pool deck’s sunbathing area was refurbished with new sun loungers. New gym equipment was installed in the fitness.
- Major renovations were done to all passenger cabins and public areas (flat TVs, carpeting, tiling, furniture, upholstery, etc).
The Millennium ship’s 2016 refurbishment resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- On Sports deck 12 a new relaxation and entertainment area was added (aft location) named “Rooftop Terrace” (taking some space from the sundeck area at the stern).
- On Plaza deck 3, “The Olympic” restaurant was replaced by “Tuscan Grille” (steakhouse restaurant). Also on Plaza deck 3 a new office for “Future Cruise Sales” was built (separate from the Captain’s Club) and a new portrait studio was added. The Cinema was redesigned to function also as Conference Center.
- On deck 5 a new retail store was added.
- On deck 11 was added the Qsine restaurant.
- Major renovations were done to all Suite accommodations (in categories Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites), including new furniture and amenities upgrades. Among the changes were also upgraded bathrooms (marble surfaces, comfortable seats, new lighting system), new carpeting, new drapes, new bed linens.
- Renovations were done to the Casino area (on Promenaded deck 4) and to the adults-only complex “Solarium” (on Lido deck 10). Both areas received new furniture and flooring. Also on the Lido deck, the pool area and the Spa Cafe were renovated. The Casino’s theme decoration was removed.