Celebrity Summit deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Celebrity Summit deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2023-2024-2025 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Celebrity Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Celebrity Summit cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Celebrity Summit staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Celebrity Summit (2001-built, “Solsticized” in 2012, last refurbished in 2019 March/"Celebrity Revolution" refurbishment) is the third of Celebrity Cruises Millennium-class ships – together with Constellation, Infinity and Millennium.
Celebrity Summit cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1079 staterooms for 2158 passengers (max capacity is 2590) served by 1000 crew-staff. The boat has 12 passenger decks (8 with cabins), 9 restaurants/food bars (of which 4 specialty), 11 lounges/bars, 3 swimming pools (one covered), 6 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 10 elevators
The ship’s laundry facilities are not self-service laundromats (laundrettes). Laundry, dry-cleaning and pressing services are available at additional cost (prices are per item).
Cruise ship Internet "Xcelerate"
Since 2016, Celebrity Cruises Summit cruise ship passengers are offered the “Xcelerate” – high-speed onboard Internet access available throughout the whole itinerary (both in ports of call and at sea). The new satellite technology guarantees stable and fast VPN connections, allowing faster web browsing and HD video streaming.
- The new Xcelerate Internet service allows fast streaming of music and HD movies (incl YouTube and Netflix), uploading multiple pictures (incl big-sized), video chatting (FaceTime, Skype).
- Xcelerate Internet packages can be purchased on the ship or upon booking (in advance). The unlimited Internet prices (per person) vary by cruise itinerary length – USD 140 (5- to 9-day itineraries) and USD 199 (10-day and longer itineraries). For passengers booking “Go Big” promotion deals the unlimited Internet is a complimentary (free of charge) amenity.
Celebrity Summit deck plan changes 2019 refurbishment review
Ship's March 2019 drydock (done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following changes:
- The vessel received company's new color scheme (hull and superstructure).
- All passenger staterooms were redesigned (via partnership with Hirsch Bedner Associates USA, and Kelly Hoppen UK) for a boutique hotel feeling. All cabins were upgraded with "Celebrity eXhale" bedding (cashmere mattresses), electronic locks (RFID technology), Xcelerate (fast Internet), Bluetooth capabilities.
- The completely redesigned Qsine Restaurant was added. It offers "Le Petit Chef" (virtual dining-entertainment experience) created by Skullmapping and presented by TableMation Studios - exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
- Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe (buffet restaurant) and Sunset Bar were redesigned and upgraded with new textures and finishes.
- The SPA was upgraded with an expanded SEA Thermal Suite.
- Retail shopping was expanded with new brands - including Hublot (luxury Swiss watches) and Shinola (luxury watches, jewelry, premium leather goods).
- Luminae Restaurant (Suites-only) was redesigned and new custom-made menus (by chef Cornelius Gallagher) were introduced.
- Added was The Retreat (adults-only sundeck) with full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi whirlpool, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service (food and drinks).
- Most public venues (including all bars and lounges) were renovated, including Passport Bar (Atrium lobby bar lounge) and Gastrobar (serving 40+ craft beers).
- The refurb project was supervised by Trimline (UK).
Summit became fleet's 2nd liner (after Millennium) upgraded by the "Celebrity Revolution" fleet renovation program - budgeted USD 500 million and scheduled for the period 2019-2023.
Celebrity Summit deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of Celebrity Summit’s deck plan changes after the 2016 drydock refurbishment (February 27 to March 12, in Freeport, Bahamas) includes:
- On Sports deck 12 a new relaxation and themed entertainment area were added (aft location). Named “Rooftop Terrace”, it took some space from the sundeck’s area at the stern. Rooftop Terrace is a multi-functional venue with modular furniture and cabanas. It is operated as an outdoor bar lounge during the day. By night, Rooftop Terrace is transformed by decorative lighting, and on its large LED screen are showcased movies and other entertainment. The unique open-air experience is combined with food options available for purchasing. Signature dishes are presented in unique serving vessels themed after the cruise itinerary destination or the special occasion.
- On Plaza deck 3, the “Normandie” restaurant was replaced by “Tuscan Grille” (steakhouse restaurant). The Tuscan Grille restaurant offers fresh (on the ship made) pasta, Italian cocktail menu, Italian wines list, premium meats (including oven-roasted USDA dry-aged steak). Also on Plaza deck 3, a new office for “Future Cruise Sales” was built (separate from the Captain’s Club) and a new portrait studio was added. The Cinema was redesigned to function also as Conference Center.
- On deck 5 a new retail store was added.
- Major renovations were done to all Suite accommodations in categories Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites (new furniture, amenities upgrades). Among the luxury Suites, changes were upgraded bathrooms (marble surfaces, comfortable seats, a new lighting system), new carpeting, new drapes, new bed linens.
- Renovations were done to the Casino (Promenaded deck 4) and to the adults-only “Solarium” complex (Lido deck 10). Both areas received new furniture and flooring. Also on the Lido deck, the pool area and the AquaSpa Cafe were renovated. The Casino’s themed decor was removed.
- The 2015-2016 Celebrity Cruises ship refurbishment project (also including the sister-ship Celebrity Infinity, refurbished in October 2015) cost the line a total of US$16 million.
The list of deck plan changes after the January 2012 drydock refurbishment included:
- 60 new passenger cabins were added.
- 107 balcony rooms were upgraded to AquaClass category Spa cabins.
- The balconies of all Sky Suites (mini-suites) were updated and refurbished.
- Celebrity iLounge (Apple Computers reseller, Internet, enrichment classes)
- Bistro on Five (creperie) was added on deck 5. In 2016 was renamed to “Sushi on Five”.
- Qsine restaurant (iPad ordering)
- On Promenade Deck 4 (midship starboard, in the Grand Foyer area) were added two new bars – Martini Bar and Crush Bar.
- Michael’s Club menu was upgraded with 60+ craft beers.
- The Wi-Fi was upgraded to shipwide coverage.
- On Lido Deck 10, the pool deck’s sunbathing area was refurbished with new sun loungers. New gym equipment was installed in the fitness.
- Major renovations were done to all passenger cabins and public areas (flat TVs, carpeting, tiling, furniture, upholstery, etc).
Celebrity Summit deck plans are property of Celebrity Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.