Celebrity Ascent deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Celebrity Ascent deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2023-2024-2025 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Celebrity Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Celebrity Ascent cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Celebrity Ascent staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Celebrity Ascent (2023-built / currently under construction) is the 4th of all 5 "EDGE-class" Celebrity Cruises ships - with sisterships Celebrity Edge (2018), Celebrity Apex (2021), Celebrity Beyond (2022) and TBN2 (2025).
Celebrity Ascent deck plans show a total of 1646 staterooms for 3276 passengers (max capacity is 3950) served by 1400 crew/staff (726 crew cabins). Of all staterooms: 81% are Balcony, 10% Oceanview, 9 % Inside. The number of cabins with a triple and quad occupancy is 1305. Connecting cabins are 178. Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 25.
The boat has 16 decks (15 passenger-accessible, 10 with cabins) and a total of 32 food and beverage serving venues, including 15 restaurants (4x MDRs/main dining rooms, 5 cafes, 6 fleet's first specialty restaurants) and 12 bars and lounges. Onboard passenger traffic is served by 12 elevators and 4 clusters of stairways.
The new category "Infinite Veranda" cabins are 23% larger and their bathrooms 10% larger in comparison to Solstice-Class ships' balcony cabins. In-cabin automation allows controlling virtually everything (lighting, window shades, temperature, media, room service) via touch screen technology.
New features (Edge-Class ship design changes)
In comparison to the Edge-class sisterships Apex and Edge, Ascent is longer (20 m / 66 ft), taller (1 deck), with bigger capacity (179 more staterooms), and ~12% larger (GT 140600 tons). Celebrity Ascent also features significant design changes, with added new venues and expanded public spaces.
New venues and spaces on Celebrity Ascent include Le Voyage (50-seat specialty restaurant by Daniel Boulud), redesigned Luminae (Suite-only restaurant designed by Kelly Elaine Hoppen/ South Africa-born British interior designer), redesigned Pool Deck, expanded Rooftop Garden (deck 15/with larger shaded seating areas, 2x infinity pools, bigger Rooftop Grill Bar), twice-larger Sunset Bar (aft on deck 15), larger Retreat (Suite-only bar lounge forward on deck 15).
- The Resort Deck (deck 14) was also redesigned, having a 23-m / 75-ft long lap pool (swimming pool with in-pool chaise loungers) surrounded by a terraced sundeck, The pool deck also features 2-deck high Jacuzzies (martini glass-shaped whirlpool hot tubs), sunken seating areas, a real-size Elephant statue.
- Sunset Bar (deck 15) is Casablanca Morocco-themed outdoor bar lounge with a pergola-covered entrance, cascading terraces, covered enclaves, conversation niches.
- The Retreat is a 3-deck-high exclusive (Suites-only) forward-midship located complex with The Retreat Lounge (on deck 15), Lower Sundeck (deck 16, with a glass-roof cover over The Solarium's pool/on deck 14) and The Retreat Sundeck (on deck 17). The Retreat Sundeck is an outdoor area served by The Retreat Bar and offers as amenities cabanas (available for rent), premium furniture (deckchairs, padded loungers, cushioned sofas, daybeds), a round-shaped swimming pool, two plunge pools (cantilevered hot tubs), outdoor showers, restrooms.
- Le Voyage Restaurant (capacity 50 seats) is via partnership with Daniel Boulud - Chef-Owner of 7x NYC restaurants plus 6x in other cities. The food menu (developed by the Michelin-starred chef Daniel Boulud) is complemented by a premium wine selection menu and top-quality service by professional sommeliers. Le Voyage Restaurant was designed by Jouin Manku and features Intimate seating cocoons and designer lighting.
WKK Architects' Tom Wright redesigned and expanded most of the ship's outdoor spaces - including Resort Deck, The Retreat, and Rooftop Garden. Resort Deck is ~40% larger than on the ships Apex and Edge.
The 3-deck-high Grand Plaza (open-floor designed midship area) is larger which allowed the Martini Bar to be moved to the venue's center (on Lobby level/deck 2) as a full-circle bar. Grand Plaza's chandelier features a new shape and hundreds of LED lights.
New to the Celebrity cruise ship Ascent are the AquaClass SkySuites, featuring floor-ceiling views, large private terraces, premium bedding and wellness amenities. With the new ship is also introduced a new partnership with Gwyneth Kate Paltrow (1972-born American actress, model, entrepreneur, businesswoman) serving as Celebrity Cruises' "Well-Being Advisor". Since 2022, all Celebrity AquaClass passengers (fleetwide but excluding the Galapagos boats) enjoy complimentary wellness amenities (including fitness kits from Paltrow's goop brand) and custom wellness programming part of the Celebrity's new initiative "Women in Wellness".
Celebrity Ascent decks also include features traditional for the Edge-Class ship design:
- 2-level Atrium stairway looking out over a terrace with a 3-ft (1 m) deep plunge pool.
- Pool Deck 14 (midship) is a resort-style outdoor space with a lap pool, chaise loungers (overlooking the sea), large LED screen, 6 spacious cabanas (available for rent). At night, the pool deck transforms into an outdoor party area with live music and movies. The cabanas are all lined up at the starboard side and feature comfortable seating, high ceilings, and amazing sea views.
- Rooftop Garden is ultra-modern live greenery (outdoor lounge) with comfortable seating, exotic lighting, live plants for decoration, large LED screen (for daily media and movies in the evenings). At night, Rooftop Garden transforms into a reservations-only lounge with live music performances, dinner pairings, movies under the stars.
- "Luminae At The Retreat" is a specialty restaurant on 2 levels and with floor-ceiling windows.
- The Solarium is another age-restricted area for adults only.
- Pool Deck has 1 lap pool (length 23 m / 75 ft), 2 whirlpools (hot tubs), 2-deck Walking-Jogging Track (length 400 m / 1320 ft).
The Celebrity Ascent ship offers "friction-less arrival" check-in service via a combination of geofenced beacons and facial recognition software. Passengers can access their staterooms via smartphones through Celebrity's "Virtual Concierge" app. Every part of the stateroom is controllable via touchscreen panel, including lighting, air-conditioning, window curtains, alarm clock, media, etc. Celebrity Cruises' "Virtual Concierge" mobile app also allows making onboard reservations and booking (dinner, spa, classes, etc) and in-cabin ordering (food, drinks, laundry, etc). The app's digital map uses the smartphone's sensors to improve mapping services based on its current location.
Magic Carpet ("outdoor elevator lounge")
A unique feature of Celebrity Cruises EDGE-class ships is the "Magic Carpet" - a glass structure (glass-roofed, cantilevered platform) the size of a tennis court, able to traverse 14 stories, like a large elevator. Mounted on the ship's starboard side, the open-air Magic Carpet offers stunning ocean views, comfortable seating, full bar, a stage for live music performances, This "traveling venue" changes its theme, function, and location by extending from Deck 2 up to Deck 16.
Passengers can't simply ride on the Magic Carpet (using it as an elevator). In each location, the "moving lounge" is safely locked, then guests are allowed to step onboard. While repositioning, the venue is without any passengers. Some of its furniture is fixed.
The structure repositions and transforms into a new venue depending on which deck is locked.
- When positioned on Deck 16 (above pool deck), it becomes a specialty restaurant offering the unique "Dinner on the Edge" al-fresco dining under the stars.
- When positioned on Resort Deck 14 (in front of the cabanas), it becomes an extension of the pool deck area, also offering live music performances.
- When positioned on Dining Deck 5, it becomes a specialty restaurant - alfresco dining appendix to the ship's main dining room restaurant.
- When positioned on Tendering Deck 2, it becomes an extension of the Destination Gateway (embarkation station serving ship's tender operations). Destination Gateway boarding area is dedicated to the so-called "Edge Launches" - luxurious passenger tendering ashore, providing seamless embarkation and disembarkation in all ports of call along the cruise itinerary. This spacious area is fitted with large LCD screens (displaying destination, itinerary and port highlights), comfortable seating (capacity 130 seats), air-conditioning.
"Destination Getaway" is a dedicated embarkation point when the platform is positioned at its lowest level (Tendering Deck 2).
Magic Carpet's repositioning schedule is published daily.
Celebrity Ascent deck plans are property of Celebrity Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.