Review of Celebrity Ascent deck 2 (Crew-Tendering-Hospital-Magic Carpet)
- Destination Gateway is a VIP embarkation lounge with an intimate setting, also serving Celebrity Cruises' enrichment program with port talks themed on the visited by the ship destinations and all shore excursions/land tour options.
- The Magic Carpet is a glass structure the size of a tennis court, that is able to traverse 13 stories, just like a large elevator.
- The Basement (Teens Club)
- Mess Hall (crew bar lounge/dining room), staff and crew cabins
On Deck 2 is also the ship's Infirmary (Medical Facility) with Pharmacy, Emergency Room, 24-hour service (by resident physicians and nurses).
- The infirmary (open between 8 am - 8 pm /doctor hours 8-11 am and 3-6 pm) is equipped with defibrillators, external pacemakers, pulse oximeters, an ECG (electrocardiograph machine), thrombolytic and lab equipment.
- Treatments at the ship hospital are equivalent to a private doctor's visit. All treatments, tests and medications are at extra charge. The only exception is Bonine (seasickness medication) also available for free at the Reception (24 hours). General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.
- The ship's physicians are independent contractors and render medical services at a customary fee. The basic fee doesn't include medication, tests or treatments. Payments are made via the Celebrity Cruises card. Medical staffing may vary (1-2 physicians, 3-5 nurses).
The starboard-located "Magic Carpet" is a glass-roofed, cantilevered platform designed as a panoramic outdoor venue. It has capacity 90 seats and features comfortable seating, full-service bar, stage for live music performances. The Magic Carpet lounge bar is mobile (like a large elevator), moving up and down 13 decks. Magic Carpet also serves as tender embarkation area. In the evenings, the Magic Carpet stops on Deck 16 to offer the "Dinner on the Edge" dining experience. When it stops on Deck 14 (in front the cabanas), it becomes a pool deck extension. When it stops on Deck 5, it serves as an alfresco dining appendix to the ship's main dining room restaurant.
"Destination Getaway" is Magic Carpet's dedicated embarkation point when the platform is positioned at its lowest level.