Sky Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Sky Princess
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 650 million (USD 760 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||330 m / 1083 ft|
|Beam (width)||47 m / 154 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||143700 gt|
|Passengers||3668 - 4402|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Sister-ships||Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess, Enchanted Princess, P&O Britannia|
Review of Sky Princess
Launched in 2019, Sky Princess cruise ship is the 4th Royal-class vessel in the Princess Cruises fleet, together with the fleetmates Royal Princess (2013), Regal Princess (2014), Majestic Princess (2017) and Enchanted Princess (2020). One more vessel of the same class will be constructed for Princess, with scheduled launch in 2022. From the same class is also the P&O UK ship Britannia (2015).
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is an US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 139,000-ton, 3,600-passenger Sky Princess is among the largest cruise ships sailing the seas. The vessel was built at Fincantieri shipyard, Italy and has 19 decks. Sky Princess features impressive number (16) of bars and restaurants and a luxury spa. The ship offers unique features to her guests, such as a glass-enclosed walkway over the ocean known as the SeaWalk.
Cruise itinerary program
Sky Princess itinerary program starts with an inaugural Mediterranean cruise season in Europe. The program includes all 10 voyages with 8 different itineraries. The inaugural cruise was scheduled for October 20, 2019.
The 7-night maiden voyage (October 20) is an one-way Adriatic and Mediterranean cruise itinerary from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona, visiting the ports Kotor Montenegro, Corfu Greece, Messina Sicily (Italy), Naples Italy. In November 2019, the ship offers a Transatlantic repositioning cruise (Nov 17 - Dec 1) from Europe to Florida-Caribbean (14-day crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale).
The Caribbean cruise program is based on 7-night roundtrips from homeport Fort Lauderdale (starting December 2019).
Most Sky Princess staterooms are 220-sq.foot balcony rooms (724). Almost 80% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1539 staterooms in 38 categories. 36 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest accommodations on Sky Princess are the Balcony Suites (440 ft2). The ship has no Oceanview cabins.
Sky Suites (new cabin category) are Princess Cruises first staterooms for 5 people and feature 270-degree top-deck views. These are also fleet's largest cabins and with fleet's largest balconies. Both Sky Suites are located midship on Sports Deck 18, Each Sky Suite has 700 ft2 (65 m2) private, wraparound terrace and provides private view of the outdoor theater Movie Under the Stars (fleeet's biggest LED screen).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are many for-fee dining options onboard Sky Princess, but guests who would rather not pay are offered enough quality and variety to satisfy. Those who prefer tradition, will choose between the three main dining rooms: Allegro, Concerto and Symphony.
Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro are the buffet options, providing a more casual vibe. Passengers who want to have lunch in their swimsuits can take a burger from Trident Grill or a slice at Prego Pizzeria. Indoors, Alfredo's features delicious calzones, salads and thin-crust pizza. Allegro Dining Room is the only option for free dinner with traditional set dining. Passengers can eat at 5:45 p.m. or 8:15 p.m. Allegro's menus are diverse and offer a soup or salad course, an appetizer, pasta and an entree. There is also a special dessert menu.
Follows the complete list of Sky Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant, a la carte: offers 3-course Italian/seafood menu; open between 6 p.m. -11 p.m., reservations recommended)
- Symphony Restaurant (midship location; offers “Anytime Dining” for Dinner; with “Wine Cellar” area serving “Wine Maker’s Dinner” for $40, capacity 12 guests)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (121-seat; the largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Concerto Restaurant (forward Dining Room; offers “Anytime Dining” 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m.; serves “Wine Maker’s Dinner” package for $40)
- Allegro Restaurant (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m.; “Chef’s Table Lumiere” private dining for $115, 12 guests)
- Ocean Terrace (specialty seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant, reservations recommended; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Salty Dog Grill & Alfredo's Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Calypso Cabana (food bar offering picnic baskets, desserts, champagne and wine packages)
- World Fresh Marketplace (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary); Horizon Buffet (indoor sitting) and Horizon Terrace (outdoor seating)
- Swirls Bar (icecream).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The bulk of performance action takes place in the 2-level Princess Theater (decks 6 and 7). This is the ship's main show lounge with palladium-style seating and grand-style evening show productions.
Theater lounge doesn't offer tables or drink holders, so if you order one preshow or come with a drink, you'll have to hold it. The entertainment program is excellent and varied, with a beat that is quite innovative. In addition to the production shows, the Princess theater hosts other acts including vocalists and instrumentalists.
In comparison to Royal-Class Princess ships, Sky Princess has the new Wakeview swimming pool (aft-located) plus 2 deep-water top deck swimming pools and Retreat Pool (adults-only), also more Jacuzzis (including 2 cantilevered, over the deep-water pools). The expanded Sanctuary area offers new design and twice as many private cabanas as the sisterships. Vista Lounge is also redesigned. Princess Live is a new cafe serving quick bites, specialty teas and barista-made coffees.
Follows the complete list of Sky Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Piazza Atrium (3-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Limelight photo studio; Platinum Studio
- International Cafe (24-hour specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Vines Bar (wine/seafood/sushi bar)
- Gelato (the largest ice cream bar at sea)
- Library (with Internet stations); Internet Cafe (24-hour)
- Princess Sky Theatre (2-level musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, gameshows)
- Celebrations Shop; Calypso Cove Shop; Essence Shop; Meridian Bay Shop; Facets Shop
- Club 6 Disco & Bar; Churchill’s Lounge & Bar (cigar bar); Bellini’s Bar; Crooners Lounge & Bar; Princess Live Lounge; Vista Lounge; Concierge Lounge (Suite guests only); SkyLight Bar; Seaview Bar
- Princess Casino (gambling lounge and bar)
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Wedding Chapel
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- The Game Lounge (Video Games Arcade); Teen Center; Youth Center; Remix Disco & Lounge (teen club)
- The Sanctuary (adult-only open air area)
- SeaWalk (glass-bottomed cantilevered walkway, 18 m/60 ft long)
- Fountain Pool area; Retreat Pool area
- Princess Sports Central - Center Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Tennis Tables, Game Lounge virtual gaming, The Greens golf nets, Golfing Cage, Laser Shooting; Jogging Track.
Sky Princess wiki
- In April 2016, Princess Cruises (via Carnival Corporation) signed a shipbuilding order for 2 new cruise vessels, scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Sky Princess) and 2020 (Enchanted Princess). These are 4th and 5th Royal-class vessels (same design as Royal,Regal and Majestic) constructed at the Monfalcone shipyard as part of a previous agreement between the parent company Carnival Corporation and the shipbuilder Fincantieri. At that time, Carnival Corp had a total of 16 shipbuilding orders, with scheduled deliveries between 2016 and 2020. All these new vessels are the fleet's largest and feature Movies Under the Stars (outdoor theater), Piazza Atrium, 80% balconied staterooms, new dining venues.
- In late-January 2017, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced 2 more shipbuilding orders. The new ships were ordered for the fleets of Princess (Royal-class) and Holland America Line (Pinnacle-class). The announcement said Carnival had signed a MoA (memorandum of agreement) with Fincantieri to construct both vessels, with scheduled deliveries in 2021 (for HAL, at Marghera yard) and 2022 (for Princess, at Monfalcone yard). By the time when both shipbuilding contracts were finalized (February 2017), Carnival Corporation had a total of 19 new ships scheduled for delivery between 2017 and 2022.
- On July 5, 2018, at Monfalcone shipyard was celebrated vessel's ’ keel-laying! ceremony, traditionally signifying the start of its construction. The process is mainly an assembly of pre-fabricated blocks (modular components) joined together at yard's drydock facility.
- Fun fatcs: It takes 3 million man hours to build a Royal-class cruise ship. For its construction are used 37,000 tons of steel. For instance, about 12,000 tons of steel were used for constructing Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. The paint used for the vessel is 95,000 galons (360,000 L), which is two times more than the quantity consumed for Golden Gate Bridge (re-painted annualy). The electrical cables wiring the whole vessel are long 2484 ml (4000 km) which is enough to link NYC with LA.
Inaugural itineraries 2019
The following tables show the ship's "Inaugural Cruise" itineraries (by destination) as departure dates, call ports, port times and regions. Prices shown are per person (USD), lowest category Inside Cabin rates based on double occupancy.
7-day "Inaugural Cruise" (Athems to Barcelona) - prices started from USD 1890 pp
|20 Oct||Departing from Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|22 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|23 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Corfu Island, Greece|
|24 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Messina, Taormina, Sicily, Italy|
|25 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|27 Oct||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
14-day Inaugural Transatlantic cruise (repositioning from Europe to Florida-Caribbean) - prices started from USD 1260 pp.
|17 Nov||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|18 Nov 07:00 - 15:00||Valencia, Spain|
|19 Nov 10:00 - 20:00||Malaga, Spain|
|20 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|21 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|23 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|01 Dec||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Sky Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Sky PrincessAdd Photo
Sky Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises unveiled new details about features on its new cruise ship, Sky Princess, including a first look at line's first-ever Sky Suites...July 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises passengers sailing to the Caribbean will enjoy a variety of itineraries to all 3 sought-after regions – Eastern, Western and...May 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The next new ship of Princess Cruises will spend her first winter in the Caribbean. The 143,700 GT Sky Princess will operate 7-night voyages...May 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced that its 4th Royal-class ship will be named Sky Princess. Sky Princess will be sister ship to Royal, Regal and Majestic...December 1, 2017
- show more news
Other Princess Cruises cruise ships
Sky Princess Itineraries
The below listed Sky Princess cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Princess Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Oct 20||14 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$3368|
|2019 Oct 20||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus||$1721|
|2019 Oct 27||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$2759|
|2019 Oct 27||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$1429|
|2019 Nov 03||28 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Nov 03||14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$2759|
|2019 Nov 03||7 days, round-trip Mediterranean - Roundtrip Rome||Civitavecchia||$2113|
|2019 Nov 10||21 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale||Civitavecchia||$3763|
|2019 Nov 10||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$1469|
|2019 Nov 17||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale||Barcelona||$3145|
|2019 Dec 04||3 days, round-trip Sky Princess Inaugural Getaway||Fort Lauderdale|
|2019 Dec 07||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1359|
|2019 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$789|
|2019 Dec 14||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1659|
|2019 Dec 14||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$729|
|2019 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$2059|
|2019 Dec 21||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1129|
|2019 Dec 28||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1709|
|2019 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1129|
|2020 Jan 04||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1459|
|2020 Jan 04||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$779|
|2020 Jan 11||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1489|
|2020 Jan 11||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$779|
|2020 Jan 18||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1489|
|2020 Jan 18||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$819|
|2020 Jan 25||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1539|
|2020 Jan 25||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$779|
|2020 Feb 01||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Feb 01||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Feb 08||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Feb 08||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Feb 15||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Feb 15||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Feb 22||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Feb 22||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Feb 29||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Feb 29||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Mar 07||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Mar 14||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1559|
|2020 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Mar 21||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1589|
|2020 Mar 21||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Mar 28||14 days, round-trip Caribbean East/West Adventurer||Fort Lauderdale||$1609|
|2020 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$829|
|2020 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$879|