Enchanted Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Enchanted Princess
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 650 million (USD 760 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||330 m / 1083 ft|
|Beam (width)||47 m / 154 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||143700 gt|
|Passengers||3668 - 4402|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Sister-ships||Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess, Sky Princess, P&O Britannia|
Review of Enchanted Princess
Launched in 2020, Enchanted Princess cruise ship is the 5th Royal-class vessel in Princess Cruises fleet, with fleetmates and sisterships Royal Princess (2013), Regal Princess (2014), Majestic Princess (2017) and Sky Princess (2019). One more Royal-class liner (still unnamed) is on order, with scheduled launch in 2022. From the same class is also the P&O UK ship Britannia (2015).
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is an US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 139,000-ton, 3,600-passenger Enchanted Princess is among the largest cruise ships sailing the seas. The vessel was built at Fincantieri shipyard, Italy and has 19 decks. Enchanted Princess features impressive number (16) of bars and restaurants and a luxury spa. The ship offers unique features to her guests, such as a glass-enclosed walkway over the ocean known as the SeaWalk.
Cruise itinerary program
Enchanted Princess itinerary program starts with an inaugural cruise season in the Mediterranean. The inaugural cruise was scheduled for June 15, 2020.
Most Enchanted Princess staterooms are 220-sq.foot balcony rooms (724). Almost 80% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1539 staterooms in 38 categories. 36 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest accommodations on Enchanted Princess are the Balcony Suites (440 ft2). The ship has no Oceanview cabins.
Sky Suites (new cabin category) are Princess Cruises first staterooms for 5 people and feature 270-degree top-deck views. These are also fleet's largest cabins and with fleet's largest balconies. Both Sky Suites are located midship on Sports Deck 18, Each Sky Suite has 700 ft2 (65 m2) private, wraparound terrace and provides private view of the outdoor theater Movie Under the Stars (fleeet's biggest LED screen).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are many for-fee dining options onboard Enchanted Princess, but guests who would rather not pay are offered enough quality and variety to satisfy. Those who prefer tradition, will choose between the three main dining rooms: Allegro, Concerto and Symphony.
Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro are the buffet options, providing a more casual vibe. Passengers who want to have lunch in their swimsuits can take a burger from Trident Grill or a slice at Prego Pizzeria. Indoors, Alfredo's features delicious calzones, salads and thin-crust pizza. Allegro Dining Room is the only option for free dinner with traditional set dining. Passengers can eat at 5:45 p.m. or 8:15 p.m. Allegro's menus are diverse and offer a soup or salad course, an appetizer, pasta and an entree. There is also a special dessert menu.
Follows the complete list of Enchanted Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant, a la carte: offers 3-course Italian/seafood menu; open between 6 p.m. -11 p.m., reservations recommended). The space blends the spaciousness of a contemporary setting with classic Italian accents, featuring handmade pasta courses via collaboration with LA chef Angelo Auriana which is prepared daily.
- Symphony Restaurant (midship location; offers “Anytime Dining” for Dinner; with “Wine Cellar” area serving “Wine Maker’s Dinner” for $40, capacity 12 guests)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (121-seat; the largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Concerto Restaurant (forward Dining Room; offers “Anytime Dining” 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m.; serves “Wine Maker’s Dinner” package for $40)
- Allegro Restaurant (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m.; “Chef’s Table Lumiere” private dining for $115, 12 guests)
- Ocean Terrace (specialty seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant, reservations recommended; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Salty Dog Grill & Alfredo's Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar). The rustic pub space, Salty Dog Gastropub, is a new venue where passengers can watch sporting events, gather over small bites and drinks, and partake in Ernesto Burger by chef partner, Ernesto Uchimura, founding chef of the original Umami Burger and owner of the new LA-based restaurant and bar, Electric Owl.
- Calypso Cabana (food bar offering picnic baskets, desserts, champagne and wine packages)
- World Fresh Marketplace (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary); Horizon Buffet (indoor sitting) and Horizon Terrace (outdoor seating)
- Swirls Bar (icecream).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The bulk of performance action takes place in the 2-level Princess Theater (decks 6 and 7). This is the ship's main show lounge with palladium-style seating and grand-style evening show productions.
Theater lounge doesn't offer tables or drink holders, so if you order one preshow or come with a drink, you'll have to hold it. The entertainment program is excellent and varied, with a beat that is quite innovative. In addition to the production shows, the Princess theater hosts other acts including vocalists and instrumentalists.
In comparison to Royal-Class Princess ships, Enchanted Princess has the new Wakeview swimming pool (aft-located) plus 2 deep-water top deck swimming pools and Retreat Pool (adults-only), also more Jacuzzis (including 2 cantilevered, over the deep-water pools). The expanded Sanctuary area offers new design and twice as many private cabanas as the sisterships. Vista Lounge is also redesigned. The Princess Live! and Cafe is a new restaurant serving quick bites, specialty teas and barista-made coffees. The venue offers premium drinks and live performances.
Follows the complete list of Enchanted Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Piazza Atrium (3-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Limelight photo studio; Platinum Studio
- International Cafe (24-hour specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Vines Bar (wine/seafood/sushi bar)
- Gelato (the largest ice cream bar at sea)
- Library (with Internet stations); Internet Cafe (24-hour)
- Princess Enchanted Theatre (2-level musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, gameshows)
- Celebrations Shop; Calypso Cove Shop; Essence Shop; Meridian Bay Shop; Facets Shop
- Club 6 Disco & Bar; Churchill’s Lounge & Bar (cigar bar); Bellini’s Bar; Crooners Lounge & Bar; Princess Live Lounge; Vista Lounge; Concierge Lounge (Suite guests only); SkyLight Bar; Seaview Bar
- Princess Casino (gambling lounge and bar)
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Wedding Chapel
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- The Game Lounge (Video Games Arcade); Teen Center; Youth Center; Remix Disco & Lounge (teen club)
- The Sanctuary (adult-only open air area)
- SeaWalk (glass-bottomed cantilevered walkway, 18 m/60 ft long)
- Fountain Pool area; Retreat Pool area
- Princess Sports Central - Center Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Tennis Tables, Game Lounge virtual gaming, The Greens golf nets, Golfing Cage, Laser Shooting; Jogging Track.
Enchanted Princess wiki
- In April 2016, Princess Cruises (via Carnival Corporation) signed a shipbuilding order for 2 new cruise vessels, scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Sky Princess) and 2020 (Enchanted Princess). These are 4th and 5th Royal-class vessels (same design as Royal, Regal and Majestic) constructed at the Monfalcone shipyard as part of a previous agreement between the parent company Carnival Corporation and the shipbuilder Fincantieri. At that time, Carnival Corp had a total of 16 shipbuilding orders, with scheduled deliveries between 2016 and 2020. All these new vessels are the fleet's largest and feature Movies Under the Stars (outdoor theater), Piazza Atrium, 80% balconied staterooms, new dining venues.
- In the end of January 2017, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced 2 more shipbuilding orders. The new ships were ordered for the fleets of Princess (Royal-class) and Holland America Line (Pinnacle-class). The announcement said Carnival had signed a MoA (memorandum of agreement) with Fincantieri to construct both vessels, with scheduled delivery in 2021 (for HAL, at Marghera yard) and 2022 (for Princess, at Monfalcone yard). By the time when both shipbuilding contracts were finalized (February 2017), Carnival Corporation had a total of 19 new ships scheduled for delivery between 2017 and 2022.
- Fun fatcs: It takes 3 million man hours to build a Royal-class cruise ship. For its construction are used 37,000 tons of steel. For instance, about 12,000 tons of steel were used for constructing Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. The paint used for the vessel is 95,000 galons (360,000 L), which is two times more than the quantity consumed for Golden Gate Bridge (re-painted annualy). The electrical cables wiring the whole vessel are long 2484 ml (4000 km) which is enough to link NYC with LA.
- The liner will be named in Southampton England. Bookings were opened on November 8, 2018.
Enchanted Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Enchanted PrincessAdd Photo
Enchanted Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced that when its next newbuild, Enchanted Princess, starts service in June 2020, she will be named in Southampton and sail an...November 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises is due to operate its biggest season ever cruising out of the United Kingdom and Europe for 2020. The cruise line will name its new...October 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
As Princess Cruises continues the expansion of its fleet, the premium international line unveiled the name of the vessel it will introduce in...August 24, 2018
- show more news