CMV Magellan deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
CMV Magellan deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Cruise and Maritime Voyages deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the CMV Magellan cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on CMV Magellan staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Magellan (built 1985 as “MS Holiday”, last refurbished in 2017) was one of the first Carnival Cruise Lines ships. The vessel was operated by Carnival between 1985-2009. In the period 2010-2014, the ship was renamed “MS Grand Holiday” and transferred to the Carnival Corporation’s subsidiary Ibero Cruceros (Spain). In November 2014 was officially announced that the vessel will join the fleet of CMV (Cruise And Maritime Voyages) under the name “MS Magellan” (starting operations March 2015).
CMV Magellan cruise ship deck plan has a total of 726 staterooms for 1417 passengers (max capacity is 1834 guests) served by 500 crew/staff, 9 passenger decks (out of 12) with 4 restaurants, 4 bars, 2 swimming pools, 3 jacuzzies, 8 elevators, a distinctive Carnival “Fun Ship” winged funnel. Stairs are often more steep than normal and lifts are relatively small.
The ship’s interior features wide corridors and stairways and expansive outdoor deck spaces. The cruising experience is traditional British (home-like). The ship offers lounges with comfortable seating, cozy bars, several indoor and outdoor observation areas, open-air deck games. Alcoholic beverages are priced reasonably (no extra service charge is added).
Dress code is daily casual and evening elegant (suit or jacket with trousers for men, cocktail dress or trouser suit for women). On each cruise, there are at least 2 formal nights (6-night and longer itineraries). In the onboard restaurants are not allowed flip-flops, shorts, sleeveless tops.
Cruise And Maritime’s gratuity is GBP 5 pp per day, automatically added to your CMV onboard account. Gratuities can be altered by contacting the Reception staff. Shipboard currency is in GBP.
MS Magellan refurbishment 2017 review
The cruise ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (Jan-Feb 2017) was done at Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen (DSV) in Vlissingen Holland. The list of works included:
- routine equipment maintenance
- propulsion system (starboard propeller blades polishing, bow, and stern thruster blades repairs), stabilizer fins were also serviced.
- a new sewage system was installed (sewage tanks and treatment units were replaced)
- renewal and upgrades in public areas and cabins
- repairs of steel damages
- overhauling of several systems (main engine blower, tender embarkation cylinders, heaters, evaporator, purifier)
- Rudders and the hull underwent inspection and thorough cleaning.
- Scupper pipes were renewed.
- The ship's 16 lifeboats were removed and serviced.
- The ship's air conditioning units were overhauled.
- The ship's grey/black water vacuum system (serving 700 onboard toilets) was chemically cleaned.
- The ship's incinerator was refurbished.
CMV Magellan deck plans are property of Cruise and Maritime Voyages. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.