Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Legend current position
Current itinerary of Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend current cruise is 7 days, round-trip The Bahamas. Prices start from USD 819 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 26 Nov, 2023 and ends on 03 Dec, 2023.
Specifications of Carnival Legend
|Year of build||2002 / Age: 21|
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 375 million|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||292 m / 958 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||88500 gt|
|Passengers||2124 - 2549|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Costa Atlantica, Costa Mediterranea|
|Christened by||Judi Dench|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
Carnival Legend Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Oct 29||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore|
|2023 Nov 05||14 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$1909|
|2023 Nov 19||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$1109|
|2023 Nov 26||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$819|
|2023 Dec 03||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$664|
|2023 Dec 10||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$664|
|2023 Dec 17||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$804|
|2023 Dec 24||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$1294|
|2023 Dec 31||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$914|
|2024 Jan 07||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$699|
|2024 Jan 14||14 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Baltimore||$1534|
|2024 Jan 28||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$654|
|2024 Feb 04||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$659|
|2024 Feb 11||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$654|
|2024 Feb 18||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$839|
|2024 Feb 25||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$684|
|2024 Mar 03||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$729|
|2024 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$829|
|2024 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$929|
|2024 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$1014|
|2024 Mar 31||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$1049|
|2024 Apr 07||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$969|
|2024 Apr 15||12 days, one-way from Baltimore to Barcelona||Baltimore||$709|
|2024 May 30||8 days, round-trip Europe||Barcelona||$2689|
|2024 Jun 07||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Dover||Barcelona||$1089|
|2024 Jun 16||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1379|
|2024 Jun 28||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1079|
|2024 Jul 19||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1079|
|2024 Jul 28||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1499|
|2024 Aug 09||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1029|
|2024 Aug 18||9 days, one-way from Dover to Civitavecchia-Rome||Dover||$929|
|2024 Aug 27||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1079|
|2024 Sep 06||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1009|
|2024 Sep 16||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$984|
|2024 Sep 26||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$1004|
|2024 Oct 06||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$989|
|2024 Oct 16||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia-Rome||$999|
|2024 Oct 26||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Tampa||Civitavecchia-Rome||$899|
|2024 Nov 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$589|
|2024 Nov 17||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$479|
|2024 Nov 23||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$819|
|2024 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$569|
|2024 Dec 08||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$569|
|2024 Dec 15||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$569|
|2024 Dec 21||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$1109|
|2024 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$1049|
|2025 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$589|
|2025 Jan 12||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$479|
|2025 Jan 18||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$769|
|2025 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$569|
|2025 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$599|
|2025 Feb 09||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$519|
|2025 Feb 15||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$869|
|2025 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$609|
|2025 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$619|
|2025 Mar 09||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$599|
|2025 Mar 15||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$829|
|2025 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$689|
|2025 Mar 30||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$689|
|2025 Apr 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$599|
|2025 Apr 12||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$909|
|2025 Apr 20||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$399|
|2025 Apr 24||14 days, one-way from Tampa to San Francisco||Tampa||$1099|
|2025 May 08||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$409|
|2025 May 12||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$819|
|2025 May 22||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$439|
|2025 May 26||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$849|
|2025 Jun 05||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$459|
|2025 Jun 09||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$949|
|2025 Jun 19||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$479|
|2025 Jun 23||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$999|
|2025 Jul 03||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$489|
|2025 Jul 07||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$1089|
|2025 Jul 17||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$489|
|2025 Jul 21||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$1089|
|2025 Jul 31||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$459|
|2025 Aug 04||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$879|
|2025 Aug 14||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$459|
|2025 Aug 18||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$839|
|2025 Aug 28||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Francisco||$419|
|2025 Sep 01||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$829|
|2025 Sep 11||10 days, round-trip Alaska||San Francisco||$829|
|2025 Sep 21||15 days, round-trip Hawaii||San Francisco||$1729|
|2025 Oct 06||16 days, one-way from San Francisco to Galveston||San Francisco||$1139|
|2025 Oct 22||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$419|
|2025 Oct 27||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Galveston||$999|
|2025 Nov 06||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$434|
|2025 Nov 10||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Galveston||$849|
|2025 Nov 20||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$434|
|2025 Nov 24||10 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$1039|
|2025 Dec 04||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$434|
|2025 Dec 08||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Galveston||$989|
|2025 Dec 18||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$1029|
|2025 Dec 26||10 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$1299|
|2026 Jan 05||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Galveston||$859|
|2026 Jan 15||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$454|
|2026 Jan 19||10 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$859|
|2026 Jan 29||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$444|
|2026 Feb 02||14 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Galveston||$1299|
|2026 Feb 16||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Galveston||$869|
|2026 Feb 26||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$454|
|2026 Mar 02||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$449|
|2026 Mar 06||10 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$1199|
|2026 Mar 16||10 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Galveston||$1059|
|2026 Mar 26||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$489|
Carnival Legend Review
Review of Carnival Legend
CCL Legend was last refurbished in 2018 and extensively in 2014 - before its debut on the Australian market.
History - construction and ownership
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is a US shipping company, trademarked brand and subsidiary of Carnival Corporation (shipowner). CCL was founded in 1972 as an independent company by Ted Arison (1924-1999, co-founder of NCL Norwegian). Carnival Cruise Lines has Corporation's largest fleet as both a number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). CCL has over 1/5 of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 2124-passenger ship Carnival Legend introduced some significant firsts for the company, including onboard wedding chapels and alternative restaurants. Spirit-class ships also boast an impressive 80% ratio of outside cabins and lots of nice little touches such as 'designer' martinis and museum-quality artwork.
Legend's US$47 million refurbishment in 2014 added the Australian-only slide Green Thunder, Splashdown kids' waterslides and drenching bucket, Bonsai Sushi restaurant, Serenity Retreat for adults, Cherry on Top candy store, RedFrog Pub and brand new Aussie beers (including the Thirsty Frog Summer Ale).
Decks and Cabins
Carnival Legend staterooms (1062 total, in 28 categories) include 50 Suites, 634 Balcony, 171 Oceanview and 215 Inside cabins. The ship has 17 wheelchair-accessible cabins but no Spa cabins. Most cabins are sized 185 ft2 (17 m2). Most cabin balconies are sized 40 ft2 (4 m2). Suites are 4 types (Grand, Vista, Ocean, Junior), the largest are Grand Suites (300 ft2 / 28 m2 plus 115 ft2 / 11 m2 terrace).
The boat has 12 passenger decks, of which 6 are with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Legend offers several restaurants and a couple of innovative dining concepts. The Unicorn Cafe buffet restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but also serves 24-hour complimentary pizza and ice cream. The full-service Truffles is a 2-level dining room with 3-course menu and wine list. New for Truffles is the experience 'A Taste of Nouveau', where diners can sample dishes that are normally served in the fine-dining Nouveau steakhouse restaurant (formerly called Golden Fleece). Situated on the top deck, it serves prime aged beef and lobster dishes.
The new concept "Long Lunch at Sea" takes place in the Nouveau on sea days. A 3-course lunch costs $30 and features dishes like blue-crab salad and grilled cold-water lobster. A fresh seafood platter is served for another $20. A selection of wines will cost an extra US$20 per person. Bonsai Sushi on Deck 2 is a completely new experience. Passengers can sit at tables for two and four or at the bar and choose from a menu featuring sashimi, sushi rolls, bento boxes, along with Japanese desserts and sake.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Legend restaurants and food bars.
- Truffles Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5; with the 36-seat Private Club Room restaurant annex).
- The Golden Fleece Steakhouse (744-seat reservations only restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef steaks; with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Unicorn Cafe Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat self-service restaurant with complimentary food stations; operates as dinner bistro in the evenings)
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The major theme onboard Carnival Legend is ”great legends in the history”. The theme is carried out throughout ship's twelve passenger decks, sixteen lounges, indoor and outdoor promenades. The "Fun Ship" has it all, including a 9-deck-high atrium, golf program, duty-free shopping mall, video arcade, and 1,800-sq.ft kids' play space.
The Atlantis lounge is the best place for a meet-and-greet with friends and a good cocktail. Follies Show lounge pampers with Las Vegas-style show programmes, and Sing-along Piano Bar features karaoke, and live musical performances. The Dream Team Bar is the spot to watch your favorite sports team as it has large-screen TVs so you can catch the action and enjoy favorite drinks. There is also Satchmo's Club and Billi's Piano Bar. Dance away the night at Medusa's Lair, Carnival Legend's nightclub.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Legend lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Firebird Lounge (484-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- Medusa’s Lair Disco and Nightclub (211-seat, 2-level Dance Club)
- Follies Theatre (1400-seat, 3-level main show lounge, also used for movies, bingo games, game shows)
- Trump Card Room (30-seat)
- Legend Cafe (28-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Taste Bar (serves complimentary appetizers); Dreamteam Bar (10-seat sports bar); Billie’s Bar (88-seat piano bar); Juice Bar, Towel Bar; Odyssey Foyer Lounge and Bar (100-seat)
- Satchmo’s Jazz Club (425-seat jazz lounge)
- Club Merlin Casino (108-seat, served by Merlin Bar; with 6-pocket Legend Pool Table)
- Legend Atrium (11-deck high midship open area with dance floor and stage, served by 147-seatLegend Lobby Bar)
- Atlantis Lobby Lounge (23-seat wine bar)
- Enchanted Forest Interior Promenade (55-seat)
- The Holmes Library and Internet Cafe (17-seat, 24-hour Internet computers)
- Wedding Chapel (30-seat)
- Hollywood Boulevard Upper Promenade
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items); Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); Studio Photo Gallery and Shop
- Gigabytes Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- Circle C (kids' lounge complimentary area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Camp Carnival (aft located kids' lounge area with complimentary kids programmes and supervised activities)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Whirlpool, 10 Treatment Rooms, Helen of Troy Beauty Salon and Fitness Center)
- Camelot Pool; Avalon Pool (with SkyDome sliding roof). Both pools are served by Avalon Bar
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Whirlpool, Pool, Bar and sunbathing area with lounges)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge with video games, movies, karaoke, and themed parties)
- WaterWorks Aqua Park (with 214 ft Twister Waterslide, 187 ft Green Thunder waterslide, PowerDrencher bucket, mini-racing waterslides, kids pool play area)
- Volleyball-Basketball Court; 9-hole Mini-Golf Course; Jogging Track, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Legend itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from homeport Sydney Australia to South Pacific Islands port destinations (Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji) during winter. In the summer months, the ship offers Alaskan roundtrip itineraries out of Seattle WA. On repositioning, the ship offers one-way cruises between Hawaii, Australia, and Alaska (Vancouver Canada).
- On May 6, 2013, was announced that starting September 2014, Legend will be the second Carnival Australia ship. The vessel was seasonally deployed (since September 24, 2014) to Sydney NSW, joining there Carnival Spirit (deployed permanently to Australia since 2012). Carnival Legend started its schedule from Sydney Harbour with a maiden Australian cruise on September 24, 2014. The 2014 Australian program included roundtrips to the Pacific Islands (8- to 12-day long itineraries). Carnival Australia cruise deals were available for booking in June 2013. The vessel became the newest and largest Carnival ship homeported in Sydney AU. The ship entered dry dock for refurbishment works in 2014 (Jan-Feb) in order to be “Aussified” accordingly.
- In May 2016, Carnival Australia officially confirmed Carnival Legend's homeporting in Melbourne in 2018 (February-March) for a total of 16 roundtrip itineraries. In the period February 6 - March 24, the liner operated on roundtrips from Station Pier. The scheduled itineraries ranged from 3-day short breaks (Cruise to Nowhere) to 4-day Tasmania, 10-day South Pacific Islands (New Caledonia and Vanuatu) and 11-day Around New Zealand. For the last time, Carnival Australia homeported a ship in Melbourne Victoria in 2013.
- From Tampa were offered 7-day Western Caribbean roundtrips to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, with Belize or Costa Maya.
- On January 25, 2020, departed the 8-day voyage including a partial Panama Canal transit, with visits to Limon and Grand Cayman.
- The 14-day Panama Canal voyage from Tampa (December 1, 2019) visited Cozumel, Limon, Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Cayman.
In 2020, Carnival Legend was scheduled for deployment in Europe (9- to 16-day itineraries) visiting 34 different ports in 16 countries.
- The liner's inaugural European season (2020) had to start with a 16-day Transatlantic crossing (NYC to Dover/June 3-19) visiting Qaqortoq (Greenland), Reykjavik (Iceland), Lerwick (Shetland Islands) and Ireland (Belfast, Cobh-Cork).
- 9-day "Norwegian Fjords" roundtrip from Dover (June 19-28) visited Norway (Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, Stavanger).
- 9-day "Western Europe" repositioning (Dover to Barcelona/June 28 - July 7) visited Le Havre-Paris, La Coruna, Leixoes-Oporto, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Malaga.
- 9- to 12-day Adriatic and Mediterranean voyages were also planned (between homeports Venice and Barcelona) visiting Marseilles, Livorno-Florence, Civitavecchia-Rome, Naples, Kotor Montenegro, Corfu Greece, Valletta Malta, Croatia (Dubrovnik, Rijeka).
- The European season 2020 was planned to end with a 16-day Transatlantic (Barcelona-Tampa/Oct 30 - Nov 15) visiting Malaga, Funchal Madeira, Tenerife Canaries, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Dominicana (Amber Cove).
However, all these plans were canceled due to the pandemic. The boat restarted operations in November 2021, with homeporting in Baltimore and roundtrip itineraries visiting Bermuda (6-day), Eastern Caribbean and Bahamas (7-day, 8-day), Southern Caribbean (14-day), as well as Gatun Lake-Panama Canal (14-day)
Carnival Legend's European program was eventually rescheduled for 2024 (17 voyages, homeports Barcelona, Civitavecchia-Rome, Dover-London) followed by a new USA-Caribbean program with homeporting in Tampa FL. Europe 2024 schedule starts on April 15th with the 12-day Transatlantic crossing (from Baltimore to Barcelona via the Azores) and ends on Oct. 26th (Transatlantic from Civitavecchia to Tampa).
In September 2021 CCL announced Carnival Legend's unique voyage from the USA to Greenland.
- The 14-night "Greenland and Canada" roundtrip from Baltimore is in 2023 (September 2-16). This ever-first for CCL itinerary to Greenland visits Nanortalik and Qaqortoq, as well as Canada's St. Anthony NF, Corner Brook NF and Sydney NS, and features 8 sea days.
- Curiously, as the North Atlantic cruise was sold out within just 24 hours, on the next week CCL added a second 2-week long crossing from the USA to Greenland and Canada (departure August 13, 2023, roundtrip from Baltimore, same itinerary/call ports) with prices starting from USD 2100 pp (inside cabin with double occupancy) and USD 3000 pp (balcony cabins).
In September 2023 Carnival announced Legend ship's homeporting in San Francisco (California USA) planned for 2025. From San Francisco (joining Carnival Miracle), Legend is scheduled to offer 10-day roundtrips to Alaska and 4-day roundtrips to Baja Mexico. The new deployment (2025) features two Carnival Journeys/longer itineraries - 14-day Panama Canal (Tampa to San Francisco/April 24th) and 15-day Hawaii and Mexico (roundtrip from SF/September 21st). Alaskan voyages visit Juneau, Skagway Ketchikan, Tracy Arm Fjord (cruising), Prince Rupert (BC Canada). Mexican voyages visit Ensenada.
Following the Alaskan season, in 2025-2026 the ship is homeported in Galveston Texas, with scheduled 4-day to 10-day Western Caribbean itineraries. The short breaks visit Mexico (Cozumel and Progreso), while the longer/10-day voyages visit Grand Cayman, Jamaica (Montego Bay and Ocho Rios), Roatan Honduras (Mahogany Bay), Belize City, Cozumel.
Carnival Legend - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival LegendAdd Photo
Carnival Legend ship related cruise news
Two passengers made off with US$12,800 worth of sculptures during a September voyage on the Carnival Legend cruise, as revealed in an FBI search...November 6, 2023
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line unveils ships and itineraries visiting Grand Bahama's new port Celebration...
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line has commenced the sale of ~400 voyages that visit Celebration Key, its newly developed private cruise port destination in...September 29, 2023
- Cruise Industry
In the ongoing rollout of its 2025-2026 deployment, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line has announced that in the fall of 2025, Carnival Legend will join...September 22, 2023
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line is set to introduce a lineup of cruise offerings from San Francisco CA in 2025. Carnival Legend, with a passenger capacity...September 7, 2023
A male passenger died on Monday, December 19th, onboard a cruise ship homeported in Baltimore (Maryland USA). CCL-Carnival Cruise Line confirmed...December 21, 2022
Two CCL-Carnival Cruise Line ships operating in Northeast USA - Carnival Magic and Carnival Legend - are currently experiencing satellite antenna...August 24, 2022
- Cruise Industry
As part of CCL-Carnival Cruise Line’s 50th birthday festivities and the company's Sailabrations cruises, 7 liners, including Breeze, Ecstasy...March 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Kicking off year-long 50th birthday festivities, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line revealed details on its “Sailabrations” voyages that will...February 16, 2022
A CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's ship steered away from Bermuda ahead of a scheduled November call due to the cost of COVID requirements. The Government...November 1, 2021
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced plans for more cruise ship restarts for January & February 2022, as the company is working towards the return...October 7, 2021
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Legend Wiki
The Carnival ship Legend is of the company's Spirit-class liners, with sisterships the fleetmates Miracle, Pride, Spirit, and also Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea. The vessel was christened by Judith Olivia Dench (Judi Dench) - British actress and author. Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade was done in 2013.
When debuted in August 2002, Carnival Legend was the first-ever "Fun Ship" with an onboard wedding chapel and alternative options for dining. The percentage of staterooms with oceanviews was also impressive – 80%, and 80% of them with balconies. The vessel has a 9-deck-high Atrium, duty-free luxury boutiques, an impressive golfing program. Kids are amused by the children's play area of 1,800-square-feet. The Legend's interior design theme is the great legends in history, carried out throughout all passenger decks, promenades and lounges.
In February-March 2018, Carnival Legend was homeported in Melbourne Australia. During that time, the ship will offer a total of 6 round-trip itineraries - three 3-night Cruises to Nowhere (short breaks without any ports of call), one 4-night cruise to Tasmania, one 10-night to South Pacific islands and one 11-night around New Zealand.
The ship's first-ever New Zealand cruise was the itinerary January 7-17. The 10-day roundtrip from Sydney Australia visited the NZ ports Wellington (Jan 10), Akaroa (Jan 11), Dunedin (Jan 12), and the Fiordland National Park (Jan 13). This was also Carnival Cruise Lines first NZ cruise. The Legend ship also has the title of cruising the furthest north when in 2013 visited Greenland (Qaqortoq) during the 15-day Transatlantic crossing to NYC (Oct 7) from Europe. From New York, the ship was repositioned to Tampa Florida and since September 2014 started its Australian cruise program.
In 2021 (July-August) the ship entered drydock at Chantier Naval de Marseille (Marseille France) for regular maintenance and hull repainting (colors change).
Carnival Legend refurbishment 2014 review
- New Aqua Park “Carnival WaterWorks” with the “Green Thunder” waterslide (187 ft/57 m long, speed 25 mph / 40 kph), and the “Twister” waterslide (214 ft / 65 m long), plus kids splash zone with sprays, mini-racing waterslides, and the “PowerDrencher” bucket (water capacity 150 gallons / 568 litres).
- RedFrog Pub with the ThirstyFrog Red beer (draft brew, Carnival’s private label)
- Bonsai Sushi (sushi, sashimi, Japanese beers)
- Cherry On Top (candy store)
- (new entertainment options) “Hasbro, The Game Show” and “Playlist Productions”
- upgraded pools, upgraded fitness equipment
- new carpeting, tiling, wall coverings.
The boat's last wet-dock (May 2-14, 2018) was in Portland (Oregon USA) at Vigor Marine Shipyard, and included regular maintenance works.