64 °F / 18 °C
Guernsey Island (officially "Bailiwick of Guernsey") is one of the UK (British Crown) dependencies - together with Isle of Man and Jersey Island. As such, Guernsey is independently administered and is not part of either the UK or the British Overseas Territories. Like Jersey, Guernsey is located in the English Channel, off France Normandy's coast. Part of the Bailiwick is also Herm Island.
- Guernsey Island covers a total area of 65 km2 (25 ml2) and has population around 63,000. The capital city is Saint Peter Port, also the territory's main seaport. Saint Peter Port is visited by over 100 cruise ships annually, bringing over 100,000 passengers to the island. Town's population is around 17,000. This relatively small town features steep and narrow streets.
- Under the Bailiwick of Guernsey jurisdiction are the island's 10 parishes also the smaller-sized Channel Islands Jethou, Lihou, Herm, plus many islets and rocks.
- Guernsey is a self-governing parliamentary democracy under constitutional monarchy. It has its own legal, judicial and financial systems. Guernsey's Lieutenant Governor is the Queen's personal representative. Most foreign relations and defence are handled by the UK Government. However, the whole jurisdiction lies within British Isles' Common Travel Area. This means Guernsey is not a member (part) of the European Union, but has a particular relationship with it. The UK is constitutionally responsible for Guernsey's defense.
- Guernsey is treated as part of the European Community for free trade in goods only.
- Together with the separate jurisdictions of Sark and Alderney, it forms Bailiwick of Guernsey. Jersey and Guernsey together form the geographical grouping commonly known as "Channel Islands". These two bailiwicks are not a political or constitutional unit.
Ports and safe harbours exist at St Sampson and St Peter Port. Guernsey, with its cliff walks, seascapes, offshore islands and sandy beaches, has been a tourist destination since the Victorian days. Guernsey Island's military history has left a number of fortifications, such as Castle Cornet and Fort Grey. The island's scenery is marked by loophole towers and several German fortifications.
Guernsey Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Guernsey Island dock (anchor) at St Peter Port - town on the eastern coast.
In July 2016, a local architect proposed an easier way for cruise ships to berth in the St Peter Port's harbour.
The plans included building a tram system, an yacht marina (with dedicated facilities), a helipad (helicopter port) and cruise terminal (with 2 berths, 2 cafes, bar and restaurant). At the proposed cruise terminal would be able to dock even the world's largest cruise ships (of the RCI's Oasis-class, with LOA length 365 m / 1198 ft). The port's expansion is based on reclaiming land from the St Peter Port's harbor.
Port Guernsey Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Guernsey Island, St Peter Port, Channel Islands. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|3 August, 2019|
|6 August, 2019|
|7 August, 2019|
|10 August, 2019|
|12 August, 2019|
|14 August, 2019|
|ms Europa 2|
|17 August, 2019|
|18 August, 2019|
|18 August, 2019|
|Sea Cloud II||14:00||22:00|
|21 August, 2019|
|29 August, 2019|
|30 August, 2019|
The Guernsey Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Guernsey Island, St Peter Port, Channel Islands.
If you lose the Guernsey Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
- Cruise Industry
Cruise ship passengers added just over GBP 4 million to the economy of Guernsey in 2017, according to figures from a survey that was commissioned by...December 14, 2017
- show more news