Jersey Island (St Helier, Channel Islands UK)
Cruise Port schedule, live map, terminals, news
Baltic - Norwegian Fjords - Russia
55 °F / 13 °C
Jersey Island (officially "Bailiwick of Jersey") is one of the UK (British Crown) dependencies - together with Isle of Man and Guernsey Island. As such, Jersey is independently administered and is not part of either the UK or the British Overseas Territories. Like Guernsey, Jersey is located in the English Channel, off France Normandy's coast.
- Jersey covers a total area of 118 km2 (46 ml2) and has population around 100,000. The capital city is Saint Helier, also the territory's main seaport. St Helier's population is around 34,000, which is approx 1/3 of Bailiwick of Jersey's total population.
- aThe bailiwick consists of Jersey Island, along with surrounding uninhabited isles and rocks collectively called Les Dirouilles, Les EcrEhous, Les Pierres de Lecq, Les Minquiers, and other reefs. Jersey is the largest of Channel Islands.
- Jersey was part of Duchy of Normandy, whose dukes became kings of England in 1066. In the 13th century, after Normandy was lost and ducal title surrendered to France, Channel Islands, including Jersey, remained linked to the British crown.
- Jersey is a self-governing parliamentary democracy under constitutional monarchy. It has its own legal, judicial and financial systems. Guernsey's Lieutenant Governor is the Queen's personal representative. Most foreign relations and defence are handled by the UK Government. However, the whole jurisdiction lies within British Isles' Common Travel Area. This means Jersey is not a member (part) of the European Union, but has a particular relationship with it. The UK is constitutionally responsible for Jersey's defense.
- Jersey is treated as part of the European Community for free trade in goods only.
- Together with the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Jersey form the geographical grouping commonly known as "Channel Islands". These two bailiwicks are not a political or constitutional unit.
Cultural influence by Britain can also be seen with Jersey's main language being English and British pound currency, as well as with driving on the left, ITV and BBC regions, school curriculum following the one of England, and popularity of British sports, such as cricket, rugby and football.
Jersey Island is particularly popular for the Battle of Flowers carnival held each year since 1902. Other events include La Fete de Noue (Christmas festival), La Fais'sie d'Cidre (cidermaking festival), Battle of Britain air display, Branchage Film Festival, Jersey Live Music Festival, parish events and food festivals.
Jersey Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Jersey Island dock (anchor) at St Helier - port town on the southern coast.
Port Jersey Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Jersey Island, St Helier, Channel Islands UK. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|3 July, 2023|
|23 July, 2023|
|27 July, 2023|
|MS Deutschland-World Odyssey||08:00||18:00|
|30 July, 2023|
Commodore Clipper cruiseferry damaged in dry dock
The schedules of ferries to/from UK's Channel Islands were adjusted after a freight ship was damaged during drydock. The propeller and driveshaft of...October 21, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Condor Ferries disrupt services between the Channel Islands and France
Ferry services between the Channel Islands (UK) and France are due to be disrupted after the company providing cargo and passenger shipping services...June 28, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Jersey to Boast a Deep Water Berth?
Jersey Island UK's port authorities are currently investigating plans for a deep water berth able to accommodate cruise ships. The new, multi...September 2, 2019
- show more news