Silver Dawn Review and Specifications
Specifications of Silver Dawn
|Year built||2021 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Sestri Ponente, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 320 million (USD 380 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||213 m / 699 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40700 gt|
|Passengers||596 - 691|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Silver Muse, Silver Moon|
Review of Silver Dawn
MS Silver Dawn cruise ship (scheduled launch in 2021) is of a series of same-designed vessels and has as sisterships Silver Muse (2017), Silver Moon (2020) and another (still unnamed) boat scheduled for launch in 2023. When Dawn's shipbuilding order was placed, Silversea had a fleet of 10 vessels, with planned 12 ships fleet.
History - construction and ownership
Silversea Cruises is a Monaco-based privately owned luxury cruise line. It was established in 1994 by a joint venture of V-Ships, Monaco (known previously as Vlasov Group) and the Lefebvre family of Italy (Rome). Silversea's business model is to operate ultra-luxury cruise ships with all-suite design. The company's all-inclusive fares include all onboard beverages (including premium spirits and wines), gratuities, travel insurance, port charges and complimentary shore excursions on each itinerary.
The 40,700-ton, 596-passenger Silver Dawn is an all-suite, top-luxury cruise liner. The shipbuilding contract with Fincantieri was announced on May 14, 2018. The new vessels will be constructed at the Sestri Ponente shipyard (Genoa Italy). Among the ship's certificates is the “Green Star 3 Design” assigned to vessels specifically designed and equipped with technologies that prevent pollution. Other IMO-issued certificates relate to the vessel's lower noise levels (comfort-noise) - "COMF NOISE A" (for passengers) and “COMF NOISE B" (for crew).
Cruise itinerary program
Silver Dawn itinerary program will be announced sometime in 2019. Following the current luxury cruising trends, the Dawn ship will probably be operating in Europe (Mediterranean Sea, deparites from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Athens), Caribbean (departures from Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA) and probably in Asia and Australia. The ship will also offer Around The World voyages.
Silver Dawn has a total of 298 staterooms (all categorized as "suites", 75% with private balconies) and as sizes are fleet's largest. The ship also has fleet's biggest number of connecting cabins. Suite sizes range between 390 ft2 - 1970 ft2 (36-183 m2). Silver Suites (increased to a total of 34) are located on the ship's 3 top decks. The 2-Bedroom Silver Suite is sized 1120 ft2 (104 m2).
Each cabin has private step-out balcony, walk-in closet, electronic safe, chest of drawers, luxury robe, slippers. All cabins are completely wireless, with iPod docking stations, hairdryers, alarm clocks, binoculars, umbrellas. Additional amenities in categories Owner, Silver, and Grand suites include 2 hours worldwide complimentary satellite phone use, in-cabin dining (afternoon canapes), private dinner at officers’ table. Junior attendants and butlers are assigned to each suite.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Silver Dawn offers 8 different dining options, including 3 al-fresco / outdoor. The menu selections are not just creative, but a gourmet food art. The Hot Rocks grill menu and La Terrazza dinner robust menu are steps in future gourmet cuisine at sea. As for the gratuities – all of those are included in fare, and nothing additional is expected.
Follows the complete list of Silver Dawn restaurants and food bars.
- Atlantide (steakhouse, bar & grill restaurant, reservations-only; features designer seafood dishes and gourmet fish specialties)
- 7 Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features mostly Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- La Grande Dame (called Le Champagne on the other Silversea ships). La Dame is a new, 24-seat upscale French cuisine specialty restaurant that offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux. This is the only shipboard restaurant where dining is at additional fee (all others are price-inclusive). La Dame is dinner-only and reservations are required.
- Kabuki (Japanese cuisine specialty restaurant, reservations required) with teppanyaki iron griddles (used for the evening meals). Sushi and sashimi are offered during the day.
- Indochine (Asian cuisine specialty restaurant)
- Silver Note (jazz club with live performances) also serves tapas-style dishes.
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet restaurant) offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace with interactive food stations (olive oil cellar, mozzarella bar, seafood bar, salumeria, Italian-style deli). Wine is complimentary, but premium wines (from Connoisseur’s Wine List) cost extra. There is an Afternoon Tea service. La Terrazza transforms each evening (between 7-9:30 pm) into an Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only) with a la carte priced menu. During the day, La Terrazza is also open for buffet-style breakfast and lunch.
- Hot Rocks (alfresco poolside restaurant) is an outdoor Steakhouse and Seafood restaurant for gourmet al-fresco dining under the stars; This open-air grill venue implements Silversea's new interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”. In the evenings, it allows passsengers to cook their food (fresh seafood and prime steaks) on heated volcanic-rock plates at their own table. During the day, Hot Rocks serves as a rotisserie and gourmet salad and burger bar.
- Regina Margherita (outdoor / poolside pizzeria) is also complimentary and open from morning to late evening. The restaurant offers pizzas baked in a custom-made, wood-fired oven.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Traditional shipboard entertainment includes bingo, team trivia, golf competitions, occasional movies, evening Broadway-style show productions and live jazz performances in The Theater lounge.
Onboard amenities include movies on demand and interactive TV service. Passengers can check messages, review accounts, or choose from a large number of newly released movies. Smart TVs are world's latest technology - hybrid UHDTV with infotainment system (integrated Internet and interactive features). Cabin TV programming includes the channels CNN International, Fox News, ESPN, BBC World. Eight are the complimentary laundry rooms. Also available are laundry, dry cleaning, pressing – all through the complimentary butler service for each of the cabins.
Follows the complete list of Silver Dawn lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Boutique shops (offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewelry and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Main Bar (lounge with ample comfortable seating; offers live music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails)
- The Theatre (Main Show Lounge for live music and show productions; the daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations)
- Conference Room (hosts group meetings and conferences) is adjacent to the Card Room and the Internet Cafe.
- Swimming Pool is with saltwater and heated during cool-weather cruises. The sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 3 whirlpools (Jacuzzis), tennis tables.
- Connoisseur’s Corner (formerly known as Humidor - ship’s cigar club (smoking lounge) furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars)
- Panorama Lounge (served by its own bar; offers live music and dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and a radar screen; serves early breakfast with coffee)
- Children’s Room (kids-play facility with supervised, age-appropriate activities; has an Outdoor Area)
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- Zagara Beauty Spa has treatment rooms, Beauty Salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, Thermal Suite.
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer). There is a separate Aerobics studio for classes.
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
- 24-hour Room Service and WiFi Internet are complimentary.
Silver Dawn wiki
On May 14, 2018, was signed Silver Dawn's shipbuilding order with Fincantieri.
Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by company's "Silver Sky" flycruise program) are inclusive of the cruise fare, discount roundtrip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with optionional transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise-hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique leisure property), and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).