Silver Whisper Review and Specifications
Specifications of Silver Whisper
|Year built||2001 / Age : 17|
|Builder||T. Mariotti (Genoa, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 150 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||28258 gt|
|Passengers||388 - 466|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Marzia Lefebvre D'Ovidio|
Current itinerary of Silver Whisper
Silver Whisper current cruise is 16 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown. The itinerary starts on 10 Nov, 2018 and ends on 26 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|10 Nov 20:00||Departing from Bridgetown, Barbados|
|11 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Scarborough, Tobago|
|13 Nov 13:00 - 18:00||Iles du Salut, French Guiana|
|16 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Santarem, Brazil Amazon|
|17 Nov 08:00 - 15:00||Boca da Valeria, Brazil Amazon|
|18 Nov 13:00 - 20 Nov 17:00||Manaus, Brazil Amazon|
|21 Nov 11:00 - 17:00||Parintins, Brazil Amazon|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 13:00||Santarem, Brazil Amazon|
|26 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Bridgetown, Barbados|
Review of Silver Whisper
Launched in 2001, MS Silver Whisper cruise ship is the fourth vessel owned by Silversea Cruises, preceded by the fleetmate Silver Cloud (1994), Silver Wind (1995) and the sister ship Silver Shadow (2000).
History - construction and ownership
Silversea Cruises is a Monaco-based privately owned luxury cruise line. It was established in 1994 by a joint venture of V-Ships, Monaco (known previously as Vlasov Group) and the Lefebvre family of Italy (Rome). Silversea pioneered all-inclusive cruising with the launch of its first ship, Silver Cloud. As of early 2014, Silversea Cruises owns eight boutique cruise vessels, each carrying only 100 to 540 guests. The business model of Silversea is to operate cruise ships in the small, ultra-luxury, all-suite category. The new all inclusive fares of the line offer such features as beverages (including selected wines), gratuities (none are allowed), travel insurance, port charges and one or more complimentary shore excursions in every itinerary.
The 28,258-ton, 486-passenger cruise ship Silver Whisper and her sister cruise ship Silver Shadow, hold slightly more guests than earlier Silversea ships. As a result, they offer a few more options – Internet center, poolside grill, cigar bar. But the experience is still relaxing, pampering, and elegantly casual. Not to mention the little extras, like free laundry facilities and complimentary shuttles in call ports, that make your vacation effortless.
Silver Whisper ship’s passengers are an interesting mix – geographically diverse, mid-30s and up, hailing from Europe, the Far East, and America. Everyone of guests onboard is well-to-do. The Silversea Whisper ship (just like her sister Shadow) has one of the highest ratios space-to-passenger – at 74, providing more space than any other ship. Another impressing ratio is passenger-to-crew – which on the Whisper ship is 1.31 to 1.
Silver Whisper's 2016 refurbishment will take place by the end the year to get Whisper ready for her 2017 world cruise. The refreshed suites will boast dark emperor marble floors in their bathrooms. The sun deck will receive new loungers and a newly tiled pool. The Restaurant and La Terrazza will feature new furniture as well as hard-wood parquet or carpet. A couple of new satellite antennas will provide increased Internet speeds. On-demand movies and interactive TVs will be added to all cabins.
Cruise itinerary program
Silver Whisper itinerary program is based on luxury World Cruises and Baltic Sea voyages with departures from UK, Denmark and Sweden. The ship also operates on Canada/New England cruises from New York and Montreal, and sails in the Caribbean leaving from Fort Lauderdale, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
In 2020, the ship will operate the world's first Around The World voyage visiting all the 7 continents. The 140-day itinerary (January 6 through May 25, 2020, from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Amsterdam Holland) visits 62 ports in 32 countries. Read more in the ship's Wiki section.
Silver Whisper is an all-suite cruise ship. It has a total of 194 cabins (all of which Suites, 4 connecting, 2 wheelchair-accessible) in 11 grades. The outside suites onboard Whisper range in size from 287 to 1,435 sq.feet, and 80% feature balconies. Even the basic vista suites (no balcony) are roomy enough and comfortable. The standard ones (vista and verandah) have sitting areas, large table, writing desks, video-players, walk-in closets. The marble bathrooms offer separate shower and tub. The owners’ suites are two, very spacious, featuring a living room, big plasma-screen TV, bar, dining and powder rooms, and one or two bedrooms (of course, with Jacuzzi bathrooms).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Dinner onboard Silver Whisper is the culinary highlight of each day at sea. The Restaurant offers 6-course menu, with a variety of choices, including vegetarian entrees and “CruiseLite” menus (low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium). An intriguing option are also the themed events at La Terrazza. Occasionally the restaurant opens for dinner throughout each voyage, offering any of 16 six-course menus that range from French, Asian and Italian to all-seafood. Terrace Cafe’s chef works with a sommelier to pair food with appropriate wine. Reservations are required because these events are limited to 50 guests.
For breakfast, Silver Whisper guests can choose from light food options, set out in the Panorama and Observation lounges, or ample buffet in Terrace Cafe. Also open is the Restaurant, though for more formal breakfast. Terrace Cafe continues the buffet theme for lunch and the Restaurant offers more formal menus. Poolside Grille is ultra-casual option – the menu features grilled chicken, burgers, fries, and salads.
Room service provides 24-hour comprehensive menu and during meal times guests can order from Restaurant’s menu. The Whisper staff’s service is efficient and prompt – upon request, you will be served meals course-by-course, or all at once. Silver Whisper gratuities are included in fare, extra tips aren’t encouraged.
Follows the complete list of Silver Whisper restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features mostly Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- Le Champagne (20-seat French cuisine specialty restaurant; offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux; dinner-only; reservations-only)
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet-style restaurant, offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace; wine is complimentary; there is also Afternoon Tea service; La Terrazza transforms each evening between 7:00 and 9:30 pm, into an Italian specialty restaurant, reservations-only, with a la carte menu)
- Pool Bar & Pool Grill (serve ship's pool deck area with fast food and drinks during the day; in the evening, the outdoor area becomes an al fresco dining venue with classic seafood and steakhouse choices, plus vegetarian and healthy selections)
- The Grill (offers gourmet dining under the stars with signature meals including lava-rocks grilled meat, seafood, Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, salad of the day; wines are complimentary, except the premium ones from the Connoisseur’s Wine List; The Grill implements the line’s interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”, which allows guests to cook their own meat and seafood).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
May be the busiest spots on the Silver Whisper cruise ship is the Internet Center, containing five computers, and each passenger has a pre-assigned onboard email address. An adjacent library with the usual bestseller type books and a wonderful selection of videos uses another two terminals. Silver Whisper also has a Medical Center, fully serviceable by the way.
The Whisper’s Mandara Spa offers south Pacific exotic treatments. Silversea Cruises forbids spa therapists to engage guests in their annoying sales product attempts at treatments’ end. Silver Whisper spa treatments include traditional facials, massages, and even unusual offerings. The “Indonesian Natural Facial” is made with ingredients from seasonal vegetables and fruits. “Ultimate Indulgence” features two therapists who offer simultaneous one-person massage. Teatments are typically priced higher than onboard other lines, and the reason is that many of them last twice-as-long as average. Spa facilities also feature steam, sauna, and full-service beauty salon. Adequate fitness facility is adjacent, with treadmills, weight machines, exercise room. Daily fitness instructor classes are offered. Outdoors is a pool (big enough) with two whirlpools. Other athletic features include a running track, shuffleboard, golf cage, and ping-pong.
Additional amenities include 2 Launderettes, Medical center, complimentary 24-hour Room Service, Internet/WiFi Access.
Follows the complete list of Silver Whisper lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Casino (with slot machines and gaming tables; served by The Bar)
- Boutique shops (both offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewelry and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Bar (lounge with ample comfortable seating; offers live music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails)
- Show Lounge (former Venetian Lounge - ship’s theater for live music and show productions; the daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations)
- Conference Room (hosts group meetings and conferences; it is adjacent to the Card Room and the Internet Cafe)
- The Swimming Pool (with saltwater; heated during cool-weather cruises; the sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 2 whirlpools and tennis tables)
- Connoisseur’s Corner (formerly known as Humidor - ship’s smoking lounge furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars)
- Panorama Lounge (served by its own bar; offers live music and dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and a radar screen; serves early breakfast with coffee)
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- The Spa at Silversea (features treatment rooms, and spa therapies including body wraps, massages and facials; sauna and steam rooms)
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
Silver Whisper wiki
- Silver Whisper cruise ship was built in Italy, in 2001. The hull of the vessel was constructed at the yard of Visentini, near Trieste, while final outfitting, took place at the T. Marotti shipyard in Genoa.
- Silversea Whisper cruise ship has an "elder" identical sister - Silver Shadow, that was launched in 2000. Godmother of the vessel is the wife of Silversea Cruises' Chairman Manfredi Lefebvre D'Ovidio - Marzia Lefebvre D'Ovidio. Mrs Lefebvre smashed a Salmanazar (9 liter bottle) of Moet & Chandon champagne in the ship's bow at the grand ceremony in the morning of the 18th of June, in Genoa Italy. On the 2nd of July, 2001, the ship began her maiden voyage between two capital city ports - Port of Civitavecchia (Rome) to London, England.
- Silversea ships Whisper and Shadow are famous for their world's best space-to-guest ratio - score of 74. This means they offer the most space per guest than any other mainstream or luxury cruise ship on the planet. Like all Silversea vessels, Shadow and Whisper also have very good guest-to crew ratio - 1,3. All their officers and crew members are European trained.
- (August 09, 2008 accident) the ship was reported to have a power failure at about 7 am, that affected the propulsion system. The ship was near the port of Lisbon Portugal and the problem was fixed in the afternoon.
- Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the line's Silver Sky programme) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
- Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property), and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silversea World Cruise 2018
Silversea's World Cruise 2018 on Silver Whisper ship will be a 121-day westbound itinerary from USA (Los Angeles to Rome, departure Jan 6, 2018). The itinerary (named "La Grande Bellezza") visits 60 ports in 21 countries, and includes a total of 17 overnight port stays plus 13 late-night port stays. Among the visited destinations are Hawaii, French Polynesia, New Zealand, Asia (Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India, Oman), Suez Canal, Europe-Mediterranean (Egypt, Greece, Italy. Smaller itinerary segments are also available.
- Silver Whisper World Cruise 2018 booked passengers receive as bonus amenities Bon Voyage reception and Los Angeles overnight hotel stay (Jan 5), included airfare (Business Class tickets and airport-hotel-ship transfer), USD 4000 per cabin onboard credit, complimentary services (baggage valet, laundry, dry cleaning), unlimited Wi-Fi, special gifts.
- Full World Cruise 2018 prices start at USD 58000 pp (Vista Suite) up to USD 182000 pp (Owner Suite).
Silversea World Cruise 2020
On March 12, 2018, Silversea opened for booking Silver Whisper's 140-day "World Cruise 2020". The "Legends of Cruising" itinerary visits 62 ports in 32 countries, and is the world's first "Around The World" voyage visiting all the 7 continents.
- The itinerary starts on January 6, 2020, from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) and ends in Amsterdam (Holland) on May 25, 2020.
- The full list of ports includes: Fort Lauderdale (Florida USA), Puerto Rico (San Juan), Barbados (Bridgetown), Devil's Island, Brazil (Fortaleza, Natal, Salvador de Bahia, Rio de Janeiro), Punta del Este, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Puerto Madryn, Port Stanley (Falklands), Antarctic Peninsula, Magellan Strait, Cape Horn, Chilean Fjords, Puerto Chacabuco, Puerto Montt, Robinson Crusoe Island, Easter Island, Pitcairn Island (Adamstown), French Polynesia (Mangareva Island, Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora), Cook Islands (Aitutaki), Tonga (Nukualofa, Neiafu, Ovaka), Fiji (Lautoka), Vanuatu (Champagne Beach, Pentecost Island, Lifou), Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Penneshaw, Albany, Fremantle), Indonesia (Benoa, Semarang), Singapore, Thailand (Phuket), Sri Lanka (Colombo), India (Cochin, Mumbai), Oman (Muscat, Salalah, Aqaba), Egypt (Safaga), Suez Canal transit, Italy (Taormina, Sorrento, Civitavecchia-Rome), Spain (Barcelona), Portugal (Lisbon, Leixoes), ireland (Dublin, Belfast), Scotland (Portee, Kirkwall), Norway (Bergen, Flam), Scotland (Leith-Edinburgh), Holland (Amsterdam).
- Full-segment "World Cruise 2020" prices ranged from EUR 55,000 pp (USD 62,000 / Vista Suite), EUR 69,000 pp (Veranda Suite), EUR 131,000 pp (Medallion Suite), EUR 168,000 pp (Silver Suite), EUR 169,000 pp (Royal Suite), EUR 171,000 pp (Grand Suite), up to EUR 205,000 pp (USD 240,000 / Owner Suite / GBP 380,000 per booking).
Silver Whisper - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver WhisperAdd Photo
Silver Whisper ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea will enrich its World Cruise 62-port itinerary through once-in-a-lifetime events, expedition-style...September 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Luxury cruise line Silversea announced its new wine programme. Selected by company’s expert Wine Ambassador, Lawrence d’Almeida, nearly...August 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea launched its Legends of Cruising itinerary last month to “marked” increase in interest, its strongest for 5 years. Over 140...June 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
On March 12, 2018, Silversea opened for booking MS Silver Whisper's 140-day "World Cruise 2020". The itinerary visits 62 ports in 32 countries, and...March 13, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea revealed the identities of 3 new Tale Tellers for company’s World Cruise 2019 who will each illustrate one of the 9 segments of the...March 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Departing from Los Angeles, the luxurious all-suite Silver Whisper ship just embarked on line’s 121-day World Cruise. The voyage will...January 13, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises plans to refurbish Silver Whisper and Silver Wind in December. New interior decor will be inspired from the latest Silversea...September 23, 2017
- Cruise Industry
The 2018 world cruise of Silversea Cruises is a 121-day voyage out of Los Angeles to Rome that calls at 60 destinations in 21 different countries. 17...June 9, 2016
- show more news
Other Silversea cruise ships
Silver Whisper Itineraries
The below listed Silver Whisper cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Silversea fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 10||16 days, round-trip Bridgetown To Bridgetown||Bridgetown|
|2018 Nov 26||11 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Fort Lauderdale||Bridgetown|
|2018 Nov 26||8 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown|
|2018 Dec 20||17 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco||Fort Lauderdale|
|2019 Jan 06||12 days, one-way from San Francisco to Papeete||San Francisco|
|2019 Jan 18||15 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete|
|2019 Feb 02||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney|
|2019 Feb 05||11 days, one-way from Brisbane to Benoa||Brisbane|
|2019 Feb 16||14 days, one-way from Benoa to Tokyo||Benoa|
|2019 Feb 21||9 days, one-way from Manila to Tokyo||Manila|
|2019 Mar 02||16 days, one-way from Tokyo to Singapore||Tokyo|
|2019 Mar 08||10 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai|
|2019 Mar 18||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Mombasa||Singapore|
|2019 Apr 03||14 days, one-way from Mombasa to Cape Town||Mombasa|
|2019 Apr 17||24 days, one-way from Cape Town to Lisbon||Cape Town|
|2019 May 11||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to London Greenwich||Lisbon|
|2019 May 19||14 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Barcelona||London Greenwich|
|2019 Jun 09||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Jun 26||11 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice|
|2019 Jul 07||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo|
|2019 Jul 18||19 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona|
|2019 Jul 18||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona|
|2019 Jul 30||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Venice||Piraeus|
|2019 Aug 06||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice|
|2019 Aug 20||21 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Aug 20||7 days, round-trip Rome (Civitavecchia) To Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Aug 27||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo||Civitavecchia|
|2019 Sep 03||7 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Barcelona||Monte Carlo|
|2019 Sep 10||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona|
|2019 Sep 17||24 days, one-way from Lisbon to New York||Lisbon|
|2019 Sep 17||9 days, one-way from Lisbon to London Greenwich||Lisbon|
|2019 Sep 26||15 days, one-way from London Greenwich to New York||London Greenwich|
|2019 Sep 26||13 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Boston||London Greenwich|
|2019 Oct 11||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2019 Oct 22||20 days, one-way from Montreal to San Juan||Montreal|
|2019 Oct 22||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2019 Oct 22||8 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston||Montreal|
|2019 Nov 01||10 days, one-way from New York to San Juan||New York|
|2019 Nov 03||8 days, one-way from Hamilton to San Juan||Hamilton|
|2019 Nov 11||11 days, one-way from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale||San Juan|
|2019 Nov 22||14 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale|
|2019 Dec 06||14 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale|
|2019 Dec 20||17 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale|
|2020 May 25||12 days, one-way from Amsterdam to London Greenwich||Amsterdam|
|2020 Jun 06||12 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Reykjavik||London Greenwich|
|2020 Jun 18||15 days, one-way from Reykjavik to London Greenwich||Reykjavik|
|2020 Jul 03||15 days, round-trip London (Greenwich) To London (Greenwich)||London Greenwich|
|2020 Jul 18||9 days, one-way from London Greenwich to Lisbon||London Greenwich|
|2020 Jul 27||7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon|
|2020 Aug 03||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona|
|2020 Aug 10||9 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Venice||Monte Carlo|
|2020 Aug 19||9 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus||Venice|
|2020 Aug 28||11 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus|
|2020 Sep 08||16 days, one-way from Barcelona to New York||Barcelona|
|2020 Sep 24||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2020 Oct 05||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2020 Oct 16||11 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2020 Oct 27||14 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale||Montreal|