Silver Spirit Review and Specifications
Specifications of Silver Spirit
|Year built||2009 / Age : 11|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 250 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Speed||20 kn / 37 kph / 23 mph|
|Length (LOA)||211 m / 692 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||39519 gt|
|Passengers||608 - 648|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Christened by||Silvia Lefebvre|
Review of Silver Spirit
History - construction and ownership
Silversea Cruises is a Monaco-based privately-owned cruise company and top-luxury travel brand. It was established in 1994 as joint venture of V-Ships Monaco (fka Vlasov Group) and Lefebvre Family of Rome Italy. In 2018, RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd acquired 2/3rd of the company. Silversea now has a fleet of smaller-sized boutique cruise vessels with passenger capacity between 100-700. Company's business model is to operate yacht-like vessels in the industry's ultra-luxury-all-suite ship category. Silversea's all-inclusive fares include beverages (also selected wines), gratuities (none are allowed), travel insurance, port charges, one or more shore excursions (per voyage).
The 36,009-ton, 600-passenger cruise ship Silver Spirit is an all-suite top luxury liner. It became Silversea fleet's largest boat after entering service as the 6th vessel in 2009. Spirit is considerably bigger than the other vessels in the fleet. The ship's original (before the 2018 stretching) space-per-guest ratio (6700 ft3 per passenger) was one of the luxury ship travel industry's best. The ship often attracts a younger clientele, including families with teenagers.
At the end of September 2017, the shipowner Silversea announced plans for the company's ever first ship lengthening project.
- MS Silver Spirit was stretched in 2018 by the Italian shipbuilding company Fincantieri at the Palermo shipyard (Sicily, Italy).
- During drydock 2018 (March 5 - May 1), the vessel was lengthened by inserting a prebuilt midsection (length 15 m / 49 ft). This made Silver Spirit the world's first stretched luxury cruise ship. The new section (hull and superstructure) added to the liner a total of 34 new cabins. During the drydock refit, the ship was also extensively refurbished and updated.
- The vessel's GT tonnage was increased from 36009 to 39,519 tons. Its crew capacity was increased from 376 to 412. The passenger capacity was increased from 540 to 608 (12%), dining capacity (15%), outdoor seating (20%).
- The refit project cost USD 70 million and involved over 500 workers, approx 450,000 man hours, 846 tons of steel, 360,892 ft (110 km) of new cables, 26,247 ft (8 km) of new pipes.
Cruise itinerary program
Silver Spirit itinerary program is based on “all-inclusive luxury” voyages in Europe (the Black Sea and the Mediterranean from Venice, Barcelona, Athens/Piraeus, Istanbul) and in the Caribbean (with departures from Barbados and Fort Lauderdale). The ship also offers Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Silver Spirit provides 270 suites (4 wheelchair-accessible) in 11 grades, all ocean-view, the largest of the fleet, 95% of them with private verandas. They range in size – from 312 to 1,668 sq.feet and each has a walk-in closet, safe, chest, spa robe and slippers. All cabins are completely wireless, with iPod station, hair dryer, alarm clock, binoculars, and even umbrella. Additional amenities in Owner’s, Silver, and Grand suites include two hours worldwide complimentary phone use, afternoon canapes, and dinner at officers’ table. A junior attendant and butler are assigned to each of the suites.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Silver Spirit ship has six completely different restaurants. The menu selections are not just creative, they are exquisitely presented, a real food art. The Grill’s menu hot rocks and La Terrazza new dinner robust menu are steps in future gourmet cuisine. As for Silver Spirit gratuity, all of these are included in the fare, and nothing additional is expected.
Follows the complete list of Silver Spirit restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features the most the Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- Le Champagne (24-seat French cuisine speciality restaurant; offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux; dinner-only; reservations-only)
- Seishin (24-seat Asian cuisine speciality restaurant, reservations required)
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet-style restaurant, offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace; wine is complimentary; there is also Afternoon Tea service; La Terrazza transforms each evening between 7:00 and 9:30 pm, into an Italian speciality restaurant, reservations-only, with a la carte menu)
- Pool Bar & Pool Grill (serve ship's pool deck area with fast food and drinks during the day; in the evening, the outdoor area becomes an al fresco dining venue with classic seafood and steakhouse choices, plus vegetarian and healthy selections)
- The Grill (offers gourmet dining under the stars with signature meals including lava-rocks grilled meat, seafood, Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, salad of the day; wines are complimentary, except the premium ones from the Connoisseur’s Wine List; The Grill implements the line’s interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”, which allows guests to cook their own meat and seafood).
- La Dame, Indochine, Atlantide and Seishin are four restaurants added during drydock 2018.
- Silver Note is a classy, dinner-only restaurant/supper club with a 5-course menu and live (baby grand piano, jazz and blues) music performances and dance floor. Dishes are served in small plates (tapas-style). The cuisine is international, with seasonally themed food specialities. Silver Note restaurant is at an additional fee, and dinner reservations are required. Dinners were waiter-served (between 8 – 10 pm). Here are also hosted dancing parties nightly.
- Spaccanapoli is an outdoor restaurant and an alternative casual dinner option for dining under the stars. During the day, Spaccanapoli Bar serves with fast food, drinks and refreshments the sundeck area.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
New to Silver Spirit amenities are movies on demand and interactive TV service. Passengers can check messages, review accounts, or choose from 387 movies. The television sets are the last word of technology – real “flat-screens”. Programming line-up includes CNN International, Fox News, ESPN and BBC World. Seven are the complimentary laundry rooms and soap is provided. Also available, but pricey, are laundry, dry cleaning, pressing service.
Traditional entertainment onboard the Silversea Spirit ship is a little quieter than usual. Sure, there’s bingo, team trivia, golf competitions, an occasional movie, but most of the energetic entertainment takes place after dark with productions in Broadway style and fine live jazz in Stars Supper Club.
The Spirit’s stunning Spa includes an array of massages and body scrubs, and thermal ceramic-tiled suite offering heated lounge chairs. Even a Botox doctor is available onboard. The spa is located on Deck 6, spread out on 8,300-sq.foot, featuring a fitness centre, beauty salon, nine treatment rooms, two steam rooms and two sauna rooms. The treatments include Private Hamman Experience – ancient Arabian scrub performed by the therapist, “do-it-yourself” scrub bar glow, bamboo massage. The additional services include facials, tooth whitening, acupuncture, cellulite reduction, lime glows, milk wraps.
The fitness centre is open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., but there is just one bike, three ellipticals, four treadmills – though all of them with TV screens. A few resistance machines and free weights are also available, but because of the tiny space, the two benches for free weight are so close together that you can’t work out with someone next to you – with more than five or six people in the room, it feels cramped. A Silver Spirit fitness trainer offers Pilates, stretching exercises, and yoga at no cost. For a nice jog, there’s Deck 10, where ten circuits equal one mile.
Additional amenities include Launderettes (3), Medical centre, complimentary 24-hour Room Service, Internet/WiFi Access.
Follows the complete list of Silver Spirit lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Casino has slot machines and gaming tables and is served by its own Bar.
- Boutique shops offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewellery and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods.
- Arts Cafe is a multipurpose venue (with live performances) for gourmet coffees and teas aficionados.
- Dolce Vita is the ship's Atrium Bar lounge with live grand piano music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails.
- Venetian Lounge / Show Lounge (320 seats) is the ship’s theatre for live music and show productions. Daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations.
- Conference Room hosts group meetings and conferences. It is adjacent to the Card Room (bridge playing lounge).
- The Swimming Pool is with saltwater and heated during cool-weather voyages. The sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 3 whirlpools and tennis tables.
- Connoisseur’s Corner (fka Humidor) is the ship’s smoking/cigar lounge furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars.
- Panorama Lounge is served by its own bar and offers live music, dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea service.
- Observation Lounge provides 270-degree panoramic views and is fitted with a radar screen. Early breakfast with coffee service is also offered.
- The Library features audio listening stations and provides on-demand movies; Internet cafe
- Zagara Spa has treatment rooms and offers premium spa treatments, including body wraps, massages and facials. Sauna and steam rooms, as well as Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy pool, are also available. In 2018 was added a new Health & Fitness Center.
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
Silver Spirit - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver SpiritAdd Photo
Silver Spirit ship related cruise news
A Silversea cruise liner docked at Darwin's Fort Hill Wharf in spite of a Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related ban on international cruise ships docking in...March 18, 2020
Myanmar (Burma) refused port entry of a luxury cruise ship due to Coronavirus fears. Myanmar, which has no confirmed coronavirus cases to date...March 2, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Following the success of Silversea's "Monaco Grand Prix Cruise 2019", the company increased and enhanced the selection of events for the 2020 edition...February 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises introduced a collection of 197 brand new itineraries, opening a pre-sale to the line's Venetian Society members. Departing between...October 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Five months after Silversea's cruise ship Silver Spirit crashed into a mooring in high winds, the Key West pier reopened this week. The Mallory...May 10, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announces a total of 54 new winter 2020-2021 cruises and opened an exclusive pre-sale for Venetian Society members. The voyages...May 1, 2019
A port of call in Key West's popular Mallory Square is currently unusable for at least 3 months while it is repaired for damage that was caused by...December 11, 2018
On November 27, 2018, upon leaving call port Key West FL, due to heavy winds, Silversea's Silver Spirit collided with The Fisherman Wharf (at...December 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
On May 3, Silver Spirit left Fincantieri's shipyard in Palermo 49 ft (15 m) longer, following the completion of a complex refurbishment and...May 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea’s ship Silver Spirit was split into 2 parts as part of a complex USD 70 million project to extend it by 49 ft. The 560-passenger...March 12, 2018
- show more news
Other Silversea cruise ships
Silver Spirit Wiki
Silver Spirit cruise ship was built in Italy, in 2009, at the shipyard of Fincantieri in Ancona Italy. Architect of the vessel is Giacomo Mortola. Godmother is Silvia Lefebvre, sister of Silversea Cruises' chairman Manfredi Lefebvre. The ceremony took place at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) on the 21st of January, 2010. Following the tradition, Silvia Lefebvre smashed a Salmanazar (9-litre bottle) of Moet & Chandon champagne in ship's hull. Before the naming ceremony, the Spirit had departed from Barcelona on the 23rd of December, 2009 on her maiden voyage to Lisbon, Portugal. Then she made a Transatlantic crossing and docked at Port Everglades for the christening event. After the ceremony, on the same day, Spirit began her inaugural 91-day world cruise along the shores of America.
Silversea's Spirit ship has one of the highest space-to-guest ratios in the cruising industry with a score of 67. This means the generous 6700 cubic feet for every passenger on board. The vessel's guest-to-crew ratio is 1,4, a bit higher than other Silversea ships, scoring usually 1,3. All officers and crew members are European trained.
In 2017, Silver Spirit will be replaced as a flagship by the new Silver Muse.
Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the line's Silver Sky programme) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property) and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silver Spirit Itineraries
The below listed Silver Spirit cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Silversea fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 May 17||9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$7500|
|2020 May 26||9 days, round-trip Barcelona To Barcelona||Barcelona||$5200|
|2020 Jun 04||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$6600|
|2020 Jun 11||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$5100|
|2020 Jun 18||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona|
|2020 Jun 25||22 days, one-way from Lisbon to Copenhagen||Lisbon||$10400|
|2020 Jun 25||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to London Tilbury||Lisbon||$5500|
|2020 Jul 05||12 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Copenhagen||London Tilbury||$7400|
|2020 Jul 07||10 days, one-way from Leith-Edinburgh to Copenhagen||Leith-Edinburgh||$5625|
|2020 Jul 17||10 days, round-trip Copenhagen To Copenhagen||Copenhagen||$7100|
|2020 Jul 27||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen|
|2020 Aug 03||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5900|
|2020 Aug 10||10 days, round-trip Copenhagen To Copenhagen||Copenhagen||$7100|
|2020 Aug 10||17 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$11800|
|2020 Aug 20||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$5800|
|2020 Aug 27||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5800|
|2020 Aug 27||18 days, one-way from Stockholm to London Tilbury||Stockholm||$10900|
|2020 Sep 03||5 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Amsterdam||Copenhagen||$2970|
|2020 Sep 03||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to London Tilbury||Copenhagen||$6210|
|2020 Sep 14||11 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Lisbon||London Tilbury||$6390|
|2020 Sep 14||23 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Barcelona||London Tilbury||$12400|
|2020 Sep 25||12 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$6750|
|2020 Oct 07||10 days, round-trip Barcelona To Barcelona||Barcelona||$5490|
|2020 Oct 17||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$6210|
|2020 Oct 29||7 days, round-trip Athens (Piraeus) To Athens (Piraeus)||Piraeus||$5040|
|2020 Nov 05||17 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubai||Piraeus||$7920|
|2020 Nov 22||9 days, one-way from Dubai to Mumbai||Dubai||$4500|
|2020 Nov 22||27 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$10700|
|2020 Dec 01||18 days, one-way from Mumbai to Singapore||Mumbai||$7200|
|2020 Dec 01||15 days, one-way from Mumbai to Phuket||Mumbai||$5940|
|2020 Dec 07||12 days, one-way from Colombo to Singapore||Colombo||$4680|
|2020 Dec 19||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Halong Bay||Singapore||$7164|
|2020 Dec 19||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$8190|
|2020 Dec 23||12 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Hong Kong||Laem Chabang||$7290|
|2021 Jan 04||12 days, round-trip Hong Kong To Hong Kong||Hong Kong||$6210|
|2021 Jan 04||6 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Manila||Hong Kong||$3150|
|2021 Jan 04||22 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$11200|
|2021 Jan 10||6 days, one-way from Manila to Hong Kong||Manila||$3150|
|2021 Jan 16||10 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$5580|
|2021 Jan 26||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$6750|
|2021 Jan 29||11 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Hong Kong||Laem Chabang||$5310|
|2021 Feb 09||14 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$6930|
|2021 Feb 09||31 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$14000|
|2021 Feb 23||13 days, one-way from Shanghai to Saigon||Shanghai||$5922|
|2021 Feb 23||17 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai||$7740|
|2021 Feb 27||13 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$5940|
|2021 Mar 12||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Mumbai||Singapore||$6210|
|2021 Mar 27||17 days, one-way from Mumbai to Piraeus||Mumbai||$6750|
|2021 Apr 18||7 days, round-trip Athens (Piraeus) To Athens (Piraeus)||Piraeus||$3960|
|2021 Apr 25||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Civitavecchia||Piraeus||$5760|
|2021 May 05||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$3960|
|2021 May 05||14 days, round-trip Rome (Civitavecchia) To Rome (Civitavecchia)||Civitavecchia||$7600|
|2021 May 12||7 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$3960|
|2021 May 19||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$5490|
|2021 May 19||22 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Southampton||Civitavecchia||$12200|
|2021 May 26||15 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$6930|
|2021 Jun 10||19 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$11300|
|2021 Jun 10||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$6480|
|2021 Jun 22||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4950|
|2021 Jun 29||17 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$10700|
|2021 Jun 29||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$4950|
|2021 Jul 06||10 days, round-trip Copenhagen To Copenhagen||Copenhagen||$5940|
|2021 Jul 16||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4950|
|2021 Jul 23||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$4950|
|2021 Jul 30||17 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$10700|
|2021 Jul 30||10 days, round-trip Copenhagen To Copenhagen||Copenhagen||$5940|
|2021 Aug 09||7 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$4950|
|2021 Aug 16||18 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$10700|
|2021 Aug 16||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$5940|
|2021 Aug 23||11 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Southampton||Copenhagen||$5940|
|2021 Sep 03||24 days, round-trip Southampton To Southampton||Southampton||$12900|
|2021 Sep 03||12 days, round-trip Southampton To Southampton||Southampton||$6930|
|2021 Sep 15||12 days, round-trip Southampton To Southampton||Southampton||$5940|
|2021 Sep 27||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Lisbon||Southampton||$6480|
|2021 Sep 27||23 days, one-way from Southampton to Lisbon||Southampton||$11800|
|2021 Oct 08||12 days, round-trip Lisbon To Lisbon||Lisbon||$5940|
|2021 Oct 20||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Barcelona||Lisbon||$5400|
|2021 Oct 30||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Piraeus||Barcelona||$5760|
|2021 Nov 09||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus||$5760|
|2021 Nov 19||20 days, one-way from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale||Barcelona||$8500|
|2021 Nov 19||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Lisbon||Barcelona||$4950|
|2021 Nov 28||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale||Lisbon||$3960|
|2021 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4770|
Silver Spirit User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review