Silver Wind Review and Specifications
Specifications of Silver Wind
|Year built||1995 / Age : 23|
|Builder||Societa' Esercizio Cantieri SpA Shipyard (Viareggio, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 125 million|
|Owner||Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||155 m / 509 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||17235 gt|
|Passengers||296 - 355|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Current itinerary of Silver Wind
Silver Wind current cruise is 11 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Reykjavik. The itinerary starts on 18 Sep, 2018 and ends on 29 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Sep||Departing from London Tilbury, England|
|20 Sep 08:00 - 15:00||Dartmouth, England|
|21 Sep 08:00 - 22:00||Cobh-Cork, Ireland|
|22 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Glengarriff, Ireland|
|23 Sep 08:00 - 19:00||Galway, Ireland|
|24 Sep 08:00 - 14:00||Killybegs, Ireland|
|25 Sep 08:00 - 14:00||Stornoway, Isle of Lewis and Harris, Scotland|
|26 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Torshavn, Streymoy, Faroe Islands|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 21:00||Heimaey Island, Iceland|
|29 Sep||Arriving in Reykjavik, Iceland|
Review of Silver Wind
Launched in 1995, MS Silver Wind cruise ship is the second oldest vessel owned by Silversea Cruises. Her sister and fleetmate is Silver Cloud (1994).
History - construction and ownership
Silversea Cruises is a Monaco-based privately owned luxury cruise line. It was established in 1994 by a joint venture of V-Ships, Monaco (known previously as Vlasov Group) and the Lefebvre family of Italy (Rome). Silversea pioneered all-inclusive cruising with the launch of its first ship, Silver Cloud. As of early 2014, Silversea Cruises owns eight boutique cruise vessels, each carrying only 100 to 540 guests. The business model of Silversea is to operate cruise ships in the small, ultra-luxury, all-suite category. The new all inclusive fares of the line offer such features as beverages (including selected wines), gratuities (none are allowed), travel insurance, port charges and one or more complimentary shore excursions in every itinerary.
The 17,235-ton, 319-passenger cruise ship Silver Wind is quite small, and it will take you few minutes to work out “what-where”. The friendly atmosphere and Silversea Cruises all-inclusive drinks policy do a lot to get more selling points and promote friendliness, especially when you are cruising alone. However, if you’d like to do more than eat, read books and sunbathe, and if the perfect holiday for you includes a huge casino, silly pool games, and aimless “enrichment activities”, Silver Wind is not the ship for you.
Ship's 2016 refurbishment will take place during October 2016 dry dock. The refreshed suites will boast dark emperor marble floors in their bathrooms. The sun deck will receive new loungers and a newly tiled pool. The Restaurant and La Terrazza will feature new furniture as well as hard-wood parquet or carpet. A couple of new satellite antennas will provide increased Internet speeds. On-demand movies and interactive TVs will be added to all cabins. The pool deck will feature all new teak decking for a yacht-like feel.
Cruise itinerary program
Silver Wind itinerary program is based on luxury Mediterranean itineraries with departures from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Caribbean cruises leaving from Fort Lauderdale, Barbados and Puerto Rico, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
After Silver Wind refit, the same suites’ number was left – 143, mix of balcony, oceanview, “super” suites (the very big rooms, extra amenities). Cabin sizes vary from 240 sq.feet for the Vista Suites to 587 sq.feet for two Owner’s Suites.
All suites offer mini bars (that are fully stocked and drinks are included in price), flat-screen TV’s, DVD players, marble bathrooms with full-size baths and showers, hair-dryers, a choice of Acqua di Palma or Bulgari toiletries, slippers, and bathrobes, personalised stationery, a choice of pillows. Upon arrival, a welcome Pommery Champagne will be waiting, along with flowers and fresh fruit. Top suites’ passengers have additional free butler service, laundry, and espresso machine. Top-level suites have separate dining and sittingareas, second TV, bathrooms with separate showers and baths. Owner’s suites even offer guest toilets.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Food onboard the Silver Wind cruise ship is, without exception, extremely tasty. One dining room (The Restaurant) is provided, open for breakfast (8:00 - 9:30 a.m.), lunch (12:30 - 2:00 p.m.) and dinner (7:30 - 9:30 p.m). All meals, including dinner, are open-seating, and you can eat when and sit with whom you choose. Ladies are escorted by the maitre d’ or waiters to their tables – a nice touch. Another breakfast option includes the 6:30 a.m. “early-risers” buffet in Panorama Lounge and (6:30 - 10:00 a.m.) coffee in Observation Lounge. Continental breakfast is available at pool grill (8:30 - 10:30 a.m.), and breakfast buffet – in La Terrazza (8:00 - 10:00 a.m.), where you can also have lunch between noon and 2:00 p.m. As for Silver Wind gratuity, have in mind that the all-inclusive Silversea packages include tips, too. Nothing is left for extra paying, and the crew really don’t expect additional gratuities.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features mostly Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- Le Champagne (20-seat French cuisine specialty restaurant; offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux; dinner-only; reservations-only)
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet-style restaurant, offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace; wine is complimentary; there is also Afternoon Tea service; La Terrazza transforms each evening between 7:00 and 9:30 pm, into an Italian specialty restaurant, reservations-only, with a la carte menu)
- Pool Bar & Pool Grill (serve ship's pool deck area with fast food and drinks during the day; in the evening, the outdoor area becomes an al fresco dining venue with classic seafood and steakhouse choices, plus vegetarian and healthy selections)
- The Grill (offers gourmet dining under the stars with signature meals including lava-rocks grilled meat, seafood, Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, salad of the day; wines are complimentary, except the premium ones from the Connoisseur’s Wine List; The Grill implements the line’s interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”, which allows guests to cook their own meat and seafood).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Silver Wind offers everything for a perfect holiday from eating and reading to all kinds of entertaintment. Silver Wind also specialises in more adventurous itineraries all around the world and gathers people from a variety of countries.
Despite its small size, the Silver Wind spa offers a full therapies’ range, including facials, massages, body wraps, detox programmes. However, prices are steep. 75-minute stone massage costs $210, 100-minute body scrub – $178, Sole Delight pedicure – $84. Special offers for booking more than one treatments at once are provided. The female and male changing areas are separate, each with a steam room and sauna. Through the spa, on Silver Wind port side, there is a small gym offering four treadmills, two cross-trainers, two cycles, and some weights. There is a daily fitness schedule including yoga and Pilates – all free. The fridge is always full of free water.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Casino (with slot machines and gaming tables; served by The Bar)
- Boutique shops (both offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewelry and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Bar (lounge with ample comfortable seating; offers live music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails)
- Show Lounge (former Venetian Lounge - ship’s theater for live music and show productions; the daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations)
- Conference Room (hosts group meetings and conferences; it is adjacent to the Card Room and the Internet Cafe)
- The Swimming Pool (with saltwater; heated during cool-weather cruises; the sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 2 whirlpools and tennis tables)
- Connoisseur’s Corner (formerly known as Humidor - ship’s smoking lounge furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars)
- Panorama Lounge (served by its own bar; offers live music and dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and a radar screen; serves early breakfast with coffee)
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- The Spa at Silversea (features treatment rooms, and spa therapies including body wraps, massages and facials; sauna and steam rooms)
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
Silver Wind wiki
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 149 (all of which Suites, 15 connecting, 2 wheelchair-accessible)
- Dining Rooms: "The Restaurant" MDR
- Restaurants and food bars: Le Champagne (Wine restaurant), La Terrazza (Italian), Pool Bar & Grill
- Lounges & Bars: The Bar, Connoisseur's Corner cigar bar, Parisian Show Lounge (288 seats), Panorama (observation lounge), Card room/conference center, Internet cafe.
- The Spa at Silversea, Swimming pool, Jacuzzi (2), Gym Jogging track, Spa, sauna, Beauty Salon, Launderette, Shops, Library, Casino, Medical center, complimentary 24-hour Room Service, Internet/WiFi Access.
- Silver Wind cruise ship was built in Italy, in 1995. The hull was constructed at the yard of Visentini, near Trieste, while final outfitting was done at the T. Marotti shipyard in Genoa.
- Silversea Wind ship's maiden voyage began on the 2nd of April, 1994. The vessel has a sister ship, and this is Silver Cloud, that entered service in 1994. Both ships are twin identical as design. The shipowner - Silversea cruise company - was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Monaco. This luxury cruise line is owned by the Italian Lefebvre Family. Back in the mid 90's, many people did not believe that a niche company like Silversea could make it, in an industry that offers mainly mass-market products. However, Silversea did it, and added bigger ships to its fleet over the years.
- Silver Wind has one of the best scores in terms of space-to-guest ratios among all mass-market and luxury cruise vessels - with a score of 58,4. The Wind ship also scores a very good guest-to crew ratio - 1,3. All the officers and crew members are European-trained.
- Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the line's Silver Sky programme) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
- Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property), and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silver Wind - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver WindAdd Photo
Silver Wind ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Silversea released their new itineraries for 2020-2021, including the inaugural cruise of line's new ultra-luxury vessel, Silver Moon. Venetian...September 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises plans to refurbish Silver Whisper and Silver Wind in December. New interior decor will be inspired from the latest Silversea...September 23, 2017
- show more news
Other Silversea cruise ships
Silver Wind Itineraries
The below listed Silver Wind cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Silversea fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 23||11 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Reykjavik||London Tilbury|
|2018 Jul 17||15 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury|
|2018 Aug 15||14 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Stockholm||London Tilbury|
|2018 Aug 29||10 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$8400|
|2018 Sep 08||9 days, one-way from Copenhagen to London Tilbury||Copenhagen|
|2018 Sep 18||11 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Reykjavik||London Tilbury|
|2018 Sep 29||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Montreal||Reykjavik||$6400|
|2018 Oct 09||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$5600|
|2018 Oct 20||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$4600|
|2018 Oct 22||8 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal||Boston||$4160|
|2018 Oct 30||16 days, one-way from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale||Montreal||$6200|
|2018 Oct 30||9 days, one-way from Montreal to Boston||Montreal||$4563|
|2018 Nov 15||10 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4300|
|2018 Dec 21||8 days, round-trip Bridgetown to Bridgetown||Bridgetown||$5700|
|2018 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Bridgetown to Bridgetown||Bridgetown|
|2019 Jan 05||9 days, round-trip Bridgetown to Bridgetown||Bridgetown||$5310|
|2019 Jan 14||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$9450|
|2019 Jan 21||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale||San Juan||$2970|
|2019 Jan 28||10 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4770|
|2019 Feb 07||7 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan||Fort Lauderdale||$3150|
|2019 Feb 14||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale||San Juan||$2880|
|2019 Feb 21||10 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan||Fort Lauderdale||$3780|
|2019 Mar 03||7 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$3240|
|2019 Mar 10||7 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$3060|
|2019 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2790|
|2019 Mar 31||10 days, one-way from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale||San Juan||$3690|
|2019 Apr 10||9 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$3420|
|2019 Apr 19||26 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to London Tilbury||Fort Lauderdale||$7100|
|2019 Apr 19||11 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4680|
|2019 Apr 30||15 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to London Tilbury||Fort Lauderdale||$5850|
|2019 May 03||12 days, one-way from New York to London Tilbury||New York||$4536|
|2019 May 16||13 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury||$8910|
|2019 May 30||10 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury||$6390|
|2019 Jun 09||12 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury||$8100|
|2019 Jun 22||14 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Copenhagen||London Tilbury||$8190|
|2019 Jul 13||6 days, one-way from Amsterdam to London Tilbury||Amsterdam||$4320|
|2019 Jul 20||21 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury||$11400|
|2019 Jul 20||10 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Reykjavik||London Tilbury||$7020|
|2019 Jul 31||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to London Tilbury||Reykjavik||$7290|
|2019 Aug 11||12 days, round-trip London (Tower Bridge) to London (Tower Bridge)||London Tilbury||$7920|
|2019 Aug 24||35 days, one-way from London Tilbury to New York||London Tilbury||$16200|
|2019 Aug 24||11 days, one-way from London Tilbury to Reykjavik||London Tilbury||$7470|
|2019 Sep 05||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Montreal||Reykjavik||$6300|
|2019 Sep 17||11 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$5850|
|2019 Sep 28||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$5310|
|2019 Oct 08||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$5490|
|2019 Oct 19||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$4500|
|2019 Oct 29||12 days, one-way from Montreal to Charleston||Montreal||$5310|
|2019 Nov 10||11 days, one-way from Charleston to Bridgetown||Charleston||$3510|
|2019 Nov 21||10 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$3420|
|2019 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2520|
|2019 Dec 08||9 days, one-way from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale||San Juan||$3060|
|2019 Dec 17||10 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4050|
|2019 Dec 27||11 days, round-trip Fort Lauderdale (Florida) To Fort Lauderdale (Florida)||Fort Lauderdale||$4500|
|2020 Jan 07||9 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan||Fort Lauderdale||$2970|
|2020 Jan 16||11 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$3960|
|2020 Jan 27||12 days, round-trip Bridgetown to Bridgetown||Bridgetown||$4500|
|2020 Feb 08||10 days, one-way from Bridgetown to San Juan||Bridgetown||$3960|
|2020 Feb 19||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2700|
|2020 Feb 26||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2700|
|2020 Mar 04||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2610|
|2020 Mar 11||7 days, round-trip San Juan To San Juan||San Juan||$2610|
|2020 Mar 18||8 days, one-way from San Juan to Bridgetown||San Juan||$3240|
|2020 Mar 27||10 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Lisbon||Bridgetown||$2970|