Silver Wind current position
Specifications of Silver Wind
|Year built||1995 / Age: 25|
|Builder||Societa' Esercizio Cantieri SpA Shipyard (Viareggio, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 125 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||155 m / 509 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||17235 gt|
|Passengers||296 - 355|
|Decks with cabins||5|
Silver Wind Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Nov 11||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$8910|
|2020 Nov 21||14 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$16020|
|2020 Dec 05||14 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$14850|
|2020 Dec 19||18 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$20880|
|2021 Jan 06||18 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$24480|
|2021 Jan 24||12 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$14400|
|2021 Feb 05||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$14760|
|2021 Feb 15||12 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$14220|
|2021 Feb 27||31 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Cape Town||Ushuaia||$23400|
|2021 Feb 27||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$11880|
|2021 Mar 09||21 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Cape Town||Ushuaia||$12060|
|2021 Mar 30||18 days, one-way from Cape Town to Tema Harbour||Cape Town||$13770|
|2021 Apr 17||18 days, one-way from Tema Harbour to Lisbon||Tema Harbour||$13770|
|2021 May 17||14 days, round-trip London Tower Bridge To London Tower Bridge||London-Tilbury||$9900|
|2021 May 31||14 days, round-trip London Tower Bridge To London Tower Bridge||London-Tilbury||$9900|
|2021 Jun 14||14 days, one-way from London-Tilbury to Reykjavik||London-Tilbury||$9900|
|2021 Jul 05||15 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Tromso||Reykjavik||$16110|
|2021 Jul 20||10 days, one-way from Tromso to Longyearbyen||Tromso||$11970|
|2021 Jul 30||10 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Tromso||Longyearbyen||$11970|
|2021 Aug 09||13 days, one-way from Tromso to Reykjavik||Tromso||$13950|
|2021 Aug 22||9 days, round-trip Reykjavik To Reykjavik||Reykjavik||$10980|
|2021 Aug 31||29 days, one-way from Reykjavik to London-Tilbury||Reykjavik||$24900|
|2021 Aug 31||15 days, round-trip Reykjavik To Reykjavik||Reykjavik||$15480|
|2021 Sep 15||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to London-Tilbury||Reykjavik||$9900|
|2021 Sep 29||30 days, one-way from London-Tilbury to Dakar||London-Tilbury||$19900|
|2021 Sep 29||13 days, one-way from London-Tilbury to Lisbon||London-Tilbury||$8550|
|2021 Oct 12||17 days, one-way from Lisbon to Dakar||Lisbon||$12420|
|2021 Oct 12||8 days, one-way from Lisbon to Funchal||Lisbon||$5850|
|2021 Oct 20||9 days, one-way from Funchal to Dakar||Funchal||$6570|
|2021 Oct 29||22 days, one-way from Dakar to Buenos Aires||Dakar||$13410|
|2021 Oct 29||15 days, one-way from Dakar to Rio de Janeiro||Dakar||$9180|
|2021 Nov 13||7 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires||Rio de Janeiro||$4230|
|2021 Nov 20||22 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia||Buenos Aires||$33930|
|2021 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$12330|
|2021 Dec 22||18 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$20970|
|2022 Jan 09||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$13950|
|2022 Jan 19||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$13950|
|2022 Jan 29||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$13950|
|2022 Feb 08||12 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$16470|
|2022 Feb 20||29 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires||Ushuaia||$27400|
|2022 Feb 20||10 days, round-trip Ushuaia To Ushuaia||Ushuaia||$12960|
|2022 Mar 02||19 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires||Ushuaia||$14940|
Silver Wind Review
Review of Silver Wind
Launched in 1995, MS Silver Wind cruise ship is the second oldest vessel owned by Silversea Cruises. Her sister and fleet mate is Silver Cloud (1994).
History - construction and ownership
Silversea Cruises is a Monaco-based privately-owned cruise company and top-luxury travel brand. It was established in 1994 as joint venture of V-Ships Monaco (fka Vlasov Group) and Lefebvre Family of Rome Italy. In 2018, RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd acquired 2/3rd of the company. Silversea now has a fleet of smaller-sized boutique cruise vessels with passenger capacity between 100-700. Company's business model is to operate yacht-like vessels in the industry's ultra-luxury-all-suite ship category. Silversea's all-inclusive fares include beverages (also selected wines), gratuities (none are allowed), travel insurance, port charges, one or more shore excursions (per voyage).
The 17,235-ton, 319-passenger cruise ship Silver Wind is quite small, and it will take you a few minutes to work out “what-where”. The friendly atmosphere and Silversea Cruises all-inclusive drinks policy do a lot to get more selling points and promote friendliness, especially when you are cruising alone. However, if you’d like to do more than eat, read books and sunbathe, and if the perfect holiday for you includes a huge casino, silly pool games, and aimless “enrichment activities”, Silver Wind is not the ship for you.
Ship's 2016 refurbishment will take place during October 2016 dry dock. The refreshed suites will boast dark emperor marble floors in their bathrooms. The sun deck will receive new loungers and a newly tiled pool. The Restaurant and La Terrazza will feature new furniture as well as hard-wood parquet or carpet. A couple of new satellite antennas will provide increased Internet speeds. On-demand movies and interactive TVs will be added to all cabins. The pool deck will feature all new teak decking for a yacht-like feel.
Cruise itinerary program
Silver Wind itinerary program is based on luxury Mediterranean itineraries with departures from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Caribbean cruises leaving from Fort Lauderdale, Barbados and Puerto Rico, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
After Silver Wind refit, the same suites’ number was left – 143 (all of which Suites, 15 connecting, 2 wheelchair-accessible) in 8 grades, mix of balcony, ocean view, “super” suites (the very big rooms, extra amenities). Cabin sizes vary from 240 sq.feet for the Vista Suites to 587 sq.feet for two Owner’s Suites.
All suites offer minibars (that are fully stocked and drinks are included in price), flat-screen TV’s, DVD players, marble bathrooms with full-size baths and showers, hair-dryers, a choice of Acqua di Palma or Bulgari toiletries, slippers, and bathrobes, personalised stationery, a choice of pillows. Upon arrival, a welcome Pommery Champagne will be waiting, along with flowers and fresh fruit. Top suites’ passengers have additional free butler service, laundry, and espresso machine. Top-level suites have separate dining and sitting areas, a second TV, bathrooms with separate showers and baths. Owner’s suites even offer guest toilets.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Food onboard the Silver Wind cruise ship is, without exception, extremely tasty. One dining room (The Restaurant) is provided, open for breakfast (8:00 - 9:30 a.m.), lunch (12:30 - 2:00 p.m.) and dinner (7:30 - 9:30 p.m). All meals, including dinner, are open-seating, and you can eat when and sit with whom you choose. Ladies are escorted by the maitre d’ or waiters to their tables – a nice touch. Another breakfast option includes the 6:30 a.m. “early-risers” buffet in Panorama Lounge and (6:30 - 10:00 a.m.) coffee in Observation Lounge. Continental breakfast is available at pool grill (8:30 - 10:30 a.m.), and breakfast buffet – in La Terrazza (8:00 - 10:00 a.m.), where you can also have lunch between noon and 2:00 p.m. As for Silver Wind gratuity, have in mind that the all-inclusive Silversea packages include tips, too. Nothing is left for extra paying, and the crew really don’t expect additional gratuities.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features the most the Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- Le Champagne (20-seat French cuisine speciality restaurant; offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux; dinner-only; reservations-only)
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet-style restaurant, offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace; wine is complimentary; there is also Afternoon Tea service; La Terrazza transforms each evening between 7:00 and 9:30 pm, into an Italian speciality restaurant, reservations-only, with a la carte menu)
- Pool Bar & Pool Grill (serve ship's pool deck area with fast food and drinks during the day; in the evening, the outdoor area becomes an al fresco dining venue with classic seafood and steakhouse choices, plus vegetarian and healthy selections)
- The Grill (offers gourmet dining under the stars with signature meals including lava-rocks grilled meat, seafood, Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, salad of the day; wines are complimentary, except the premium ones from the Connoisseur’s Wine List; The Grill implements the line’s interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”, which allows guests to cook their own meat and seafood).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Silver Wind offers everything for a perfect holiday from eating and reading to all kinds of entertainment. Silver Wind also specialises in more adventurous itineraries all around the world and gathers people from a variety of countries.
Despite its small size, the Silver Wind spa offers a full therapies’ range, including facials, massages, body wraps, detox programmes. However, the prices are steep. 75-minute stone massage costs $210, 100-minute body scrub – $178, Sole Delight pedicure – $84. Special offers for booking more than one treatments at once are provided. The female and male changing areas are separate, each with a steam room and sauna. Through the spa, on Silver Wind port side, there is a small gym offering four treadmills, two cross-trainers, two cycles, and some weights. There is a daily fitness schedule including yoga and Pilates – all free. The fridge is always full of free water.
Additional amenities include a Launderette, Medical centre, complimentary 24-hour Room Service, Internet/WiFi Access.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Casino (with slot machines and gaming tables; served by The Bar)
- Boutique shops (both offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewellery and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Bar (lounge with ample comfortable seating; offers live music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails)
- Parisian Show Lounge (former Venetian Lounge - ship’s 288-seat theatre for live music and show productions; the daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations)
- Conference Room (hosts group meetings and conferences; it is adjacent to the Card Room and the Internet Cafe)
- The Swimming Pool (with saltwater; heated during cool-weather cruises; the sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 2 whirlpools and tennis tables)
- Connoisseur’s Corner (formerly known as Humidor - ship’s smoking lounge furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars)
- Panorama Lounge (served by its own bar; offers live music and dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and a radar screen; serves early breakfast with coffee)
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- The Spa at Silversea (features treatment rooms, and spa therapies including body wraps, massages and facials; sauna and steam rooms)
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
Silver Wind - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver WindAdd Photo
Silver Wind ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announced it had extended the pause of passenger shipping operations until July 16 due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic...May 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Silversea introduced a collection of 197 brand new itineraries, opening a pre-sale to the line's Venetian Society members. Departing between...October 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Categorized as a small cruise ship (just 156 m long), the Silversea-operated Silver Wind arrived in Fowey UK on Tuesday, August 13, bringing around...August 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea announced plans for a 2nd extensive refurbishment of its Silver Wind, completing a major renovation project (November 26 - December 9...December 22, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea released their new itineraries for 2020-2021, including the inaugural cruise of fleet's newest vessel, Silver Moon. Venetian Society...September 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Silversea plans to refurbish Silver Whisper and Silver Wind in December. New interior decor will be inspired from the latest Silversea...September 23, 2017
- show more news
Other Silversea Cruises cruise ships
Silver Wind Wiki
Silver Wind cruise ship was built in Italy, in 1995. The hull was constructed at the yard of Visentini, near Trieste, while final outfitting was done at the T. Marotti shipyard in Genoa.
Silversea Wind ship's maiden voyage began on the 2nd of April, 1994. The vessel has a sister ship, and this is Silver Cloud, that entered service in 1994. Both ships are twin identical as design. The shipowner - Silversea cruise company - was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Monaco. This luxury cruise line is owned by the Italian Lefebvre Family. Back in the mid-'90s, many people did not believe that a niche company like Silversea could make it, in an industry that offers mainly mass-market products. However, Silversea did it and added bigger ships to its fleet over the years.
Silver Wind has one of the best scores in terms of space-to-guest ratios among all mass-market and luxury cruise vessels - with a score of 58,4. The Wind ship also scores a very good guest-to-crew ratio - 1,3. All the officers and crew members are European-trained.
Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the line's Silver Sky programme) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
Silversea's hotel-and-cruise package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property) and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silver Wind refurbishments review
In 2018, the ship entered drydock in Freeport Bahamas (November 26 - December 9) for planned redesigning of public areas (to become similar to the fleet mate Silver Muse interior decor), new carpeting (throughout), refurbished corridors and hallways, lounge renovations. The list of modernized venues includes Dining Room Restaurant, Show Lounge, Library, Card and Conference Room. All staterooms were upgraded, their balcony floors were enhanced. Outdoor decks were renovated and their furniture replaced.
A second drydock (by Silversea's "Project Invictus" fleet upgrade program) is scheduled for August 2020, after which the vessel will also receive the ice-class classification. Changes after refurbishment 2020 include installing latest-technology equipment for navigation in Arctic and Antarctic destinations, upgraded Theater Lounge, new fleet of Zodiacs (motorized boats for landings) and sea kayaks, upgrading all cabins, complete renovations of the Spa & Salon, Atrium, Lobby Reception, La Terrazza, La Dame, Main Bar, Pool Bar, Observation Lounge, Panorama Lounge, all public bathrooms. Ship's passenger capacity will be reduced from 294 to 254.
The list of deckplan changes after ship's October 2016 drydock (in Freeport, Bahamas) included:
- All cabins were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with an interactive TV system offering in-cabin Internet and movies on-demand. Cabins’ interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sun loungers and will receive new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hardwood parquet).
- New satellite equipment (incl 2 new satellite antennas) now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood panelling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
Ship's 2016 refurbishment was part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide upgrade program.
Follows the list of deckplan changes after ship’s 2-week long November 2013 drydock in Palermo Sicily (Italy).
- (deck 4) The Le Champagne (French restaurant) dining experience was enhanced by a new entrance hall, LED-backlit wine cellar, new flooring, fabrics, the seating layout was redesigned.
- (deck 5) The Bar lounge received new furniture, and the colour scheme was changed (brown & beige). Awning covering was fixed over the seating outdoor area.
- (deck 7) The La Terrazza buffet was upgraded with additional 2-seat tables, new banquettes on walls, and the buffet area was redesigned.
- (deck 8) Panorama Lounge’s carpets were changed, and the dance floor was reconditioned.
- (deck 8) The pool deck was renovated with new tiling and outdoor furniture.
- (deck 9) The Spa Centre was relocated from deck 7 to deck 9, and upgraded with new services.
- All cabins’ interior decoration was updated. All decked public areas were reconditioned (woodwork renovated, teak was polished).
- All suites were updated with new carpeting, upholstery, curtains, headboards, new deluxe mattresses (custom-made exclusively for the Silversea company).
- All suites with bathtubs were upgraded with rainforest showers (glass-enclosed, with seats).
Silver Wind User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review