Silver Wind current position
Current itinerary of Silver Wind
Silver Wind current cruise is 18 days, one-way from Nome to Vancouver. Prices start from USD 19659 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 17 Sep, 2022 and ends on 05 Oct, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|17 Sep 17:00||Departing from Nome, Alaska hotels|
|18 Sep 16:30 - 20:00||St Matthew Island Alaska|
|20 Sep 13:00 - 18:30||Andreanof Islands Alaska|
|21 Sep 08:30 - 22 Sep 21:00||Aleutian Islands, Alaska|
|24 Sep 08:00 - 13:00||Aleutian Islands, Alaska|
|25 Sep 13:15 - 26 Sep 12:30||Dutch Harbor Unalaska, Alaska|
|27 Sep 08:00 - 11:00||Aleutian Islands, Alaska|
|30 Sep 09:00 - 14:00||Hubbard Glacier, Alaska|
|01 Oct 07:00 - 17:30||Chichagof Island, Alaska|
|02 Oct 07:00 - 13:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|03 Oct 06:00 - 13:30||Misty Fjords, Alaska|
|04 Oct||Inside Passage, Alaska-Canada|
|05 Oct 08:00||Arriving in Vancouver, BC Canada hotels|
Specifications of Silver Wind
|Year built||1995 / Age: 27|
|Builder||Societa' Esercizio Cantieri SpA Shipyard (Viareggio, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 125 million|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||155 m / 509 ft|
|Beam (width)||21 m / 69 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||17235 gt|
|Passengers||274 - 355|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL) & Lefebvre Family (Rome, Italy)|
Silver Wind Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Sep 17||18 days, one-way from Nome to Vancouver||Nome||$19659|
|2022 Oct 05||11 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego||Vancouver||$9950|
|2022 Oct 16||11 days, one-way from San Diego to Puntarenas||San Diego||$8251|
|2022 Oct 27||11 days, one-way from Puntarenas to Guayaquil||Puntarenas||$7887|
|2022 Nov 07||11 days, one-way from Guayaquil to Valparaiso-Santiago||Guayaquil||$7887|
|2022 Nov 18||14 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Ushuaia||Valparaiso-Santiago||$12499|
|2022 Dec 02||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$16139|
|2022 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$14562|
|2022 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$20872|
|2023 Jan 05||12 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$16382|
|2023 Jan 17||12 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$16625|
|2023 Jan 29||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$15775|
|2023 Feb 08||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$14440|
|2023 Feb 18||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$13591|
|2023 Feb 28||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Ushuaia||$13591|
|2023 Mar 10||19 days, one-way from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires||Ushuaia||$14562|
|2023 Mar 29||9 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$5460|
|2023 Apr 07||23 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon||Rio de Janeiro||$10436|
|2023 Apr 30||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to London-Greenwich||Lisbon||$8494|
|2023 May 11||12 days, one-way from London-Greenwich to Hamburg||London-Greenwich||$11285|
|2023 May 23||12 days, one-way from Hamburg to Helsinki||Hamburg||$10921|
|2023 Jun 04||12 days, one-way from Helsinki to Hamburg||Helsinki||$10921|
|2023 Jun 16||14 days, one-way from Hamburg to Reykjavik||Hamburg||$11528|
|2023 Jun 30||12 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Longyearbyen||Reykjavik||$15169|
|2023 Jul 12||9 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Tromso||Longyearbyen||$11407|
|2023 Jul 21||9 days, one-way from Tromso to Longyearbyen||Tromso||$11407|
|2023 Jul 30||12 days, one-way from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik||Longyearbyen||$14926|
|2023 Aug 11||10 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq||Reykjavik||$12742|
|2023 Aug 21||24 days, one-way from Kangerlussuaq to Nome||Kangerlussuaq||$51332|
|2023 Sep 14||18 days, one-way from Nome to Vancouver||Nome||$16503|
|2023 Oct 02||16 days, one-way from Vancouver to Puerto Vallarta||Vancouver||$8980|
|2023 Nov 01||12 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Puerto Williams||Valparaiso-Santiago|
|2023 Nov 02||11 days, one-way from Valparaiso-Santiago to Puerto Williams||Valparaiso-Santiago||$11892|
|2023 Nov 13||18 days, round-trip South Georgia, Falkland Islands Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$20993|
|2023 Dec 01||18 days, round-trip South Georgia, Falkland Islands Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$21358|
|2023 Dec 19||18 days, round-trip South Georgia, Falkland Islands Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$23421|
|2024 Jan 06||15 days, round-trip South Georgia Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$18809|
|2024 Jan 21||12 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$15533|
|2024 Feb 02||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$13591|
|2024 Feb 12||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$13591|
|2024 Feb 22||10 days, round-trip Antarctica||Puerto Williams||$13227|
Silver Wind Review
Review of Silver Wind
The 1995-built MS Silver Wind cruise ship is the second oldest vessel owned by Silversea Cruises. Her sister and fleetmate is Silver Cloud (1994).
History - construction and ownership
Silversea is a Monaco-based privately-owned cruise company and top-luxury travel brand. It was established in 1994 as joint venture of V-Ships Monaco (fka Vlasov Group) and Lefebvre Family of Rome Italy. In 2018, RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd acquired 2/3rd of the company. Silversea now has a fleet of smaller-sized boutique cruise vessels with passenger capacity between 100-700. The company's business model is to operate yacht-like vessels in the industry's ultra-luxury-all-suite ship category. Silversea's all-inclusive fares include beverages (also selected wines), gratuities (none are allowed), travel insurance, port charges, one or more shore excursions (per voyage).
The 300-passenger ship Silver Wind is quite small, and it will take you a few minutes to work out “what-where”. The friendly atmosphere and Silversea Cruises all-inclusive drinks policy do a lot to get more selling points and promote friendliness, especially when you are cruising alone. However, if you’d like to do more than eat, read books and sunbathe, and if the perfect holiday for you includes a huge casino, silly pool games, and aimless “enrichment activities”, Silver Wind is not the ship for you.
During drydock 2016 (October) all staterooms were refreshed and their bathrooms upgraded with dark emperor marble floors. Sundeck received new loungers and the swimming pool was retiled. The Restaurant and La Terrazza received new furniture as well as hard-wood parquet or carpet. Two new satellite antennas now provide increased Internet speeds. On-demand movies and smart HDTVs were added to all cabins. Pool deck received new teak decking for a yacht-like feel.
After drydock 2020-2021 (by Silversea's "Project Invictus" fleet renovation program) the vessel received an ice-class classification. The refurbishment (done at Remontowa Shipyard in Gdansk Poland) also included installing latest-technology equipment for polar navigation (in Arctic and Antarctic destinations), 16x Zodiacs (speedboats for coastal cruising and landings), 14x seakayaks, upgrading all staterooms and public bathrooms, complete renovations of the wellness complex, Atrium, Lobby, La Terrazza, La Dame, Main Bar, Pool Bar, Observation Lounge, Panorama Lounge. The Casino was replaced by Photo Studio, and a Mudroom (expedition gear storage room) was added. The swimming pool received a new water heating system. To the regular crew was added an Expedition Team with 28 experts.
Decks and Cabins
Silver Wind staterooms (148 total, in 8 grades), the same suites’ number was left - 143 (all of which Suites, 15 connecting, 2 wheelchair-accessible), mix of balcony, oceanview, “super” suites (with extra amenities). Cabin sizes vary from 22 m2 / 240 ft2 (Vista Suites) to 55 m2 / 590 ft2 (Owner Suites, plus the 8 m2 / 90 ft2 terrace).
The boat has 9 decks, of which 6 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
All Suites offer as standard amenities minibars (fully stocked, drinks are included in price), smart HDTVs, DVD players, marble bathrooms with full-size baths and showers, hair-dryers, a choice of Acqua di Palma or Bulgari toiletries, slippers, and bathrobes, personalized stationery, a choice of pillows. Upon arrival, a welcome Pommery Champagne will be waiting, along with flowers and fresh fruit. Top suites’ passengers have additional free butler service, laundry, espresso machines. Top-level suites have separate dining and sitting areas, a second TV, bathrooms with separate showers and baths. Owner Suites even offer guest toilets.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Food onboard the Silver Wind cruise ship is, without exception, extremely tasty. One dining room (The Restaurant) is provided, open for breakfast (8-9:30 am), lunch (12:30-2 pm) and dinner (7:30-9:30 pm). All meals, including dinner, are open-seating, and you can eat when and sit with whom you choose. Ladies are escorted by the maitre d’ or waiters to their tables – a nice touch. Another breakfast option includes the 6:30 am. “early-risers” buffet in Panorama Lounge and (6:30-10 am) coffee in Observation Lounge. Continental breakfast is available at the Pool Grill (8:30-10:30 am), and breakfast buffet – in La Terrazza (8-10 am.), where you can also have lunch between 12-noon and 2 pm. As for Silver Wind gratuity, have in mind that the all-inclusive Silversea packages include tips, too. Nothing is left for extra paying, and the crew really don’t expect additional gratuities.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind restaurants and food bars.
- The Restaurant (open-seating dining room with top-quality gourmet cuisine; features the most the Mediterranean themed meals, and always available standard menu with daily specials; all three meals are waiter-served and a la carte)
- Le Champagne (20-seat French cuisine specialty restaurant; offers signature dishes by Relais Chateaux; dinner-only; reservations-only)
- La Terrazza (Terrace Cafe; complimentary buffet-style restaurant, offers both indoor seating and an alfresco terrace; wine is complimentary; there is also Afternoon Tea service; La Terrazza transforms each evening between 7:00 and 9:30 pm, into an Italian specialty restaurant, reservations-only, with a la carte menu)
- Pool Bar & Pool Grill (serve ship's pool deck area with fast food and drinks during the day; in the evening, the outdoor area becomes an al fresco dining venue with classic seafood and steakhouse choices, plus vegetarian and healthy selections)
- The Grill (offers gourmet dining under the stars with signature meals including lava-rocks grilled meat, seafood, Mediterranean vegetables, baked potatoes, salad of the day; wines are complimentary, except the premium ones from the Connoisseur’s Wine List; The Grill implements the line’s interactive dining concept “Black Rock Grill Experience”, which allows guests to cook their own meat and seafood).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Silver Wind offers everything for a perfect holiday from eating and reading to all kinds of entertainment. Silver Wind also specializes in more adventurous itineraries all around the world and gathers people from a variety of countries.
Despite its small size, the Silver Wind spa offers a full therapies’ range, including facials, massages, body wraps, detox programs. However, the prices are steep. 75-minute stone massage costs $210, 100-minute body scrub – $178, Sole Delight pedicure – $84. Special offers for booking more than one treatment at once are provided. The female and male changing areas are separate, each with a steam room and sauna. Through the spa (portside), there is a small gym offering four treadmills, two cross-trainers, two cycles, and some weights. There is a daily fitness schedule including yoga and Pilates – all free. The fridge is always full of free water.
Additional amenities include a Launderette, Medical Center, complimentary 24-hour Room Service, Internet/WiFi Access.
Follows the complete list of Silver Wind lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Casino (with slot machines and gaming tables; served by The Bar)
- Boutique shops (both offer duty-free shopping: luxury jewelry and watches, brand perfumes, fashion, designer handbags, photo/video accessories, Silversea logo merchandise, special occasion gifts, convenience goods)
- The Bar (lounge with ample comfortable seating; offers live music performances, large dance floor, complimentary cocktails)
- Parisian Show Lounge (former Venetian Lounge - ship’s 288-seat theatre for live music and show productions; the daily enrichment program offers trivia games, dance classes, language lessons, lectures, media presentations)
- Conference Room (hosts group meetings and conferences; it is adjacent to the Card Room and the Internet Cafe)
- The Swimming Pool (with saltwater; heated during cool-weather cruises; the sunbathing area has teak chaise loungers, 2 whirlpools and tennis tables)
- Connoisseur’s Corner (formerly known as Humidor - ship’s smoking lounge furnished with leather armchairs and selling brand cognacs, vintage wines, fine cigars)
- Panorama Lounge (served by its own bar; offers live music and dancing, Continental Breakfast and Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and a radar screen; serves early breakfast with coffee)
- The Library (with audio listening stations and on-demand movies)
- The Spa at Silversea (features treatment rooms, and spa therapies including body wraps, massages and facials; sauna and steam rooms)
- Beauty Salon (provides a full range of services: hairstyling, manicures, pedicures)
- Fitness Centre (offers a treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, elliptical trainer)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track, Golf Cage, paddle tennis, golf putting green.
Silver Wind itinerary program is based on Mediterranean and Caribbean voyages (with Transatlantic crossings/RepositionCruises.com) as well as South America, Arctic and Antarctic expeditions.
After the major refit in Poland, Silver Wind's Maiden Voyage was scheduled for November 20, 2021 (22-day itinerary from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia). However, the inaugural Antarctic season (2021-22) was canceled and rescheduled for 2022-23.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, Silversea paused Silver Wind for 2+ years (March 2020 thru May 2022), restarting operations after 27 months - on May 28th, 2022 (14-day Mediterranean itinerary from Piraeus-Athens to Lisbon). The ship's schedule for 2022 featured voyages from Europe to Iceland and Greenland, the Canadian Arctic, Northwest Passage cruise (24-day from Greenland to Alaska via Northern Canada/Kangerlussuaq to Nome/Aug 24 - Sept 17), Antarctica (including Elephant Island in South Shetland) and the UK's South Georgia and Falkland Islands (2022-2023, out of Puerto Williams Chile).
Silversea's "flight and cruise" package deals (by the company's "Silver Sky" program) are inclusive of the luxury cruise fare, discount round-trip airfare (Economy Class) and airport-pier-airport transfers.
Silversea's "hotel and cruise" package "Silver Shore Simply Hotel" offers overnight 5-star luxury hotel stays with the option of adding transfers or upgrades. The upgraded cruise and hotel package ("Silver Shore Grande Hotel") offers 1-3-nights landmark hotel stays (or at a boutique property) and is inclusive of private transfers (airport-hotel and hotel-pier).
Silver Wind - user reviews and comments
Photos of Silver WindAdd Photo
Silver Wind ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium travel brand Silversea celebrated the return to service of its 10-ship fleet by welcoming its Silver Wind ship to London-Greenwich...June 22, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises enhanced passengers’ journeys to Antarctica with a more convenient connection. Guests sailing aboard the line’s 3 ice...April 24, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium brand Silversea reached an agreement with Chilean authorities for homeporting in Punta Arenas and Puerto Williams...November 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-premium brand Silversea Cruises reached an agreement with Chilean authorities for homeporting in Punta Arenas for winter 2021-2022 season...September 8, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises will enhance its global fleet via the conversion of its Silver Wind ship to an ice-class, ultra-luxury expedition vessel. The move...July 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The premium brand Silversea Cruises opened its pre-sale program for the company's loyalty program (Venetian Society) members on 315 voyages scheduled...December 3, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Silversea Cruises announced it had extended the pause of passenger shipping operations until July 16 due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic...May 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Silversea introduced a collection of 197 brand new itineraries, opening a pre-sale to the line's Venetian Society members. Departing between...October 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Categorized as a small cruise ship (just 156 m long), the Silversea-operated Silver Wind arrived in Fowey UK on Tuesday, August 13, bringing around...August 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Silversea announced plans for a 2nd extensive refurbishment of its Silver Wind, completing a major renovation project (November 26 - December 9...December 22, 2018
- show more news
Other Silversea Cruises cruise ships
Silver Wind Wiki
Silver Wind cruise ship was built in Italy, in 1995. The hull was constructed at the yard of Visentini, near Trieste, while final outfitting was done at the T. Marotti shipyard in Genoa.
Silversea Wind ship's maiden voyage began on the 2nd of April, 1994. The vessel has a sister ship, and this is Silver Cloud, that entered service in 1994. Both ships are twin identical as design. The shipowner - Silversea cruise company - was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Monaco. This luxury cruise line is owned by the Italian Lefebvre Family. Back in the mid-'90s, many people did not believe that a niche company like Silversea could make it, in an industry that offers mainly mass-market products. However, Silversea did it and added bigger ships to its fleet over the years.
Silver Wind has one of the best scores in terms of space-to-guest ratios among all mass-market and luxury cruise vessels - with a score of 58,4. The Wind ship also scores a very good guest-to-crew ratio - 1,3. All the officers and crew members are European-trained.
Silver Wind refurbishment 2020-2021 review
A second drydock (by Silversea's "Project Invictus" fleet upgrade program) was scheduled for 2020-2021 (August through July), after which the vessel received an ice-class classification.
Changes after refurbishment 2020-2021 (done at Remontowa Shipyard in Gdansk Poland) included installing latest-technology equipment for polar navigation (in Arctic and Antarctic destinations/the hull was ice-strengthened with additional steel plates), upgraded Theater Lounge, new Zodiacs (16x motorized boats for landings), 14x new seakayaks, upgrading all staterooms, complete renovations of the wellness complex (Spa & Salon), Atrium, Lobby Reception, La Terrazza, La Dame, Main Bar, Pool Bar, Observation Lounge, Panorama Lounge, all public bathrooms.
The Casino was replaced by Photo Studio and a Mudroom (expedition gear storage room) was added. The swimming pool was upgraded with a new water heating system.
Technical upgrades included new wastewater/sewage treatment plant, advanced food waste treatment equipment, fuel-efficient boilers.
The ship's passenger capacity was reduced from 296 to 274.
Silver Wind refurbishment 2018 review
In 2018, the ship entered drydock at Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport Bahamas (November 26 - December 9) for planned redesigning of all public areas (to become similar to the fleetmate Silver Muse's interior decor), new carpeting (throughout), refurbished corridors and hallways, staterooms and lounge renovations.
The list of modernized venues includes Dining Room Restaurant, Show Lounge, Library, Card and Conference Room. All staterooms were upgraded, their balcony floors were enhanced. Outdoor decks were renovated and their furniture replaced.
Silver Wind refurbishment 2016 review
Follows the review of the ship's deck plan changes after the October 2016 drydock refurbishment (in Freeport, Bahamas):
- All cruise suites were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with an interactive TV system offering in-cabin Internet and movies-on-demand. Cabins' interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sun loungers and received new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hardwood parquet).
- New satellite equipment (incl 2 new satellite antennas) now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging Track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood paneling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
The 2016 drydock renovations were part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide refurbishment program.
Silver Wind refurbishment 2013 review
Follows the list of changes made during the ship's November 2013 drydock refurbishment in Palermo Sicily (Italy). The renovation was done in 2 weeks.
- (deck 4) The Le Champagne (French restaurant) dining experience was enhanced by a new entrance hall, LED-backlit wine cellar, new flooring, fabrics, the seating layout was redesigned.
- (deck 5) The Bar lounge received new furniture, and the color scheme was changed (brown & beige). Awning covering was fixed over the seating outdoor area.
- (deck 7) The La Terrazza buffet was upgraded with additional 2-seat tables, new banquettes on walls, and the buffet area was redesigned.
- (deck 8) Panorama Lounge's carpets were changed, and the dance floor was reconditioned.
- (deck 8) The pool deck was renovated with new tiling and outdoor furniture.
- (deck 9) The Spa Centre was relocated from deck 7 to deck 9, and upgraded with new services.
All staterooms' decorations were updated. All decked public areas were reconditioned (woodwork renovated, teak was polished).
All suites were updated with new carpeting, upholstery, curtains, headboards, new deluxe mattresses (custom-made exclusively for the Silversea company).
All suites with bathtubs were upgraded with rainforest showers (glass-enclosed, with seats).
Silver Wind User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review