Silver Wind deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Silver Wind deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Silversea deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Silver Wind cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Silver Wind staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Silver Wind (built 1995, last refurbished in 2020) is the second and among the oldest Silversea ships – preceded by the sister-ship Silver Cloud. Silversea Wind and Cloud ships are also the smallest in the fleet – only 16,800 GT, with a capacity of around 300 passengers. This is around half the size of the line’s largest vessels Silver Spirit and the new Silver Muse (2017). Like all Silversea cruise ships, Wind is an ultra-luxury cruise vessel operated with all-inclusive deals, top luxury hotel amenities and impeccable service.
Silver Wind cruise ship deck plan has a total of 151 staterooms (all suites) for 296 passengers (max capacity is 355 guests), served by 197 crew/staff. The ship has 7 passenger decks, 4 restaurants, 5 lounges and bars, 1 pool, 2 jacuzzies, 4 elevators. One passenger use laundromat (butler- and self-service laundry facility) is located on deck 4. Detergent is provided.
Silver Wind is among the world’s best "top luxury" cruise choices on the premium market. The Silversea’s all-inclusiveness means that all the onboard drinks are free of charge (including wines, premium spirits, champagnes, the in-room bar and fridge), tipping/gratuities.
When booking your Silver Wind cruise deals, it is advisable to make also dining reservations for the speciality restaurant(s) you wish to visit. Those are La Champagne (French /20 seats) and La Terrazza (Italian /70 seats).
Silver Wind deck plan changes 2018-2020 refurbishments review
In 2018, the ship entered drydock in Freeport Bahamas (November 26 - December 9) for planned redesigning of public areas (to become similar to the fleet mate Silver Muse interior decor), new carpeting (throughout), refurbished corridors and hallways, lounge renovations. The list of modernized venues includes Dining Room Restaurant, Show Lounge, Library, Card and Conference Room. All staterooms were upgraded, their balcony floors were enhanced. Outdoor decks were renovated and their furniture replaced.
A second drydock (by Silversea's "Project Invictus" fleet upgrade program) is scheduled for August 2020, after which the vessel will also receive the ice-class classification. Changes after refurbishment 2020 include installing latest-technology equipment for navigation in Arctic and Antarctic destinations, upgraded Theater Lounge, new Zodiacs (16x motorized boats for landings), new seakayaks, upgrading all cabins, complete renovations of the Spa and Salon, Atrium, Lobby Reception, La Terrazza, La Dame, Main Bar, Pool Bar, Observation Lounge, Panorama Lounge, all public bathrooms. Ship's passenger capacity will be reduced from 294 to 254.
Follows the review of the ship’s deck plan changes after the October 2016 drydock refurbishment (in Freeport, Bahamas):
- All cruise suites were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with an interactive TV system offering in-cabin Internet and movies on-demand. Cabins’ interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sun loungers and will receive new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hardwood parquet).
- New satellite equipment (incl 2 new satellite antennas) now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood panelling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
The 2016 drydock renovations were part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide refurbishment program.
Follows the list of deckplan changes made during ship’s November 2013 drydock refurbishment in Palermo Sicily (Italy). The renovation was done in 2 weeks.
- (deck 4) The Le Champagne (French restaurant) dining experience was enhanced by a new entrance hall, LED-backlit wine cellar, new flooring, fabrics, the seating layout was redesigned.
- (deck 5) The Bar lounge received new furniture, and the colour scheme was changed (brown & beige). Awning covering was fixed over the seating outdoor area.
- (deck 7) The La Terrazza buffet was upgraded with additional 2-seat tables, new banquettes on walls, and the buffet area was redesigned.
- (deck 8) Panorama Lounge’s carpets were changed, and the dance floor was reconditioned.
- (deck 8) The pool deck was renovated with new tiling and outdoor furniture.
- (deck 9) The Spa Centre was relocated from deck 7 to deck 9, and upgraded with new services.
- All cabins’ interior decoration was updated. All decked public areas were reconditioned (woodwork renovated, teak was polished).
- All suites were updated with new carpeting, upholstery, curtains, headboards, new deluxe mattresses (custom-made exclusively for the Silversea company).
- All suites with bathtubs were upgraded with rainforest showers (glass-enclosed, with seats).
Silver Wind deck plans are property of Silversea. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.