Silver Whisper deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Silver Whisper deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Silversea deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Silver Whisper cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Silver Whisper staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Silver Whisper (built 2001, last refurbished in 2018) is the fourth among the Silversea ships – preceded by Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, and the sister ship Silver Shadow. Silversea Cruises Whisper and Shadow ships as design are bigger versions of the line’s first two vessels. Like all Silversea ships, Whisper is operated with all-inclusive cruise deals, offering impeccable service and highest level luxury amenities at sea.
Silver Whisper cruise ship deck plan has a total of 194 staterooms (all suites) for 388 passengers (max capacity is 466 guests), served by 295 crew/staff. The ship has 7 passenger decks, 3 restaurants, 7 lounges and bars, 1 pool, 2 jacuzzies, 5 elevators. Passenger use laundrettes (butler- and self-service laundry facilities) are located on decks 4, 6 and 8. Detergent is provided.
Silver Whisper is among the “best luxury" cruise ship choices on the premium market. Silversea’s all-inclusive deals include all the onboard food (excepting only the Le Champagne dinner restaurant), all the drinks (soft beverages, fine wines, premium spirits, champagnes, including the cabin’s mini-bar and fridge). Gratuities. are also included in the fares.
When booking your Silver Whisper cruise deals, it is advisable to make also dining reservations for the speciality restaurant(s) you wish to visit. Those are La Champagne (French /24 seats) and La Terrazza (Italian, in the evenings only /70 seats).
Silver Whisper deckplan changes 2018 refurbishment review
In 2018, the ship entered drydock at Freeport Bahamas (December 8-19). The refurbishment works included:
- redesigning and redecoration of all public areas (to become similar to the fleet mate Silver Muse interior decor)
- new carpeting (hallways, theatre, main dining room restaurant, casino, conference room, main bar lounge)
- La Dame Restaurant received new curtains and floor polishing.
- Lounge renovations (La Terrazza, Observation Lounge, and Panorama Lounge).
- Casino and Conference Room received new curtains and chairs.
- Zagara Spa received new furniture and equipment.
- The Gym was fitted with latest technology equipment.
- (Deck 5) 9x Terrace Suite cabins were refitted and recategorized in Veranda Suites.
- All cabins were upgraded with 40-inch HDTVs (interactive system, on-demand movies, Internet). All cabin bathrooms were updated with newly polished granite countertops.
- Also were allocated storage space for new zodiacs (large-capacity inflatable motorboats used for passenger tendering and landings in remote areas). A new lifting crane for deploying the boats was installed.
The works included general maintenance, upgrades to public areas, complete renovation of all staterooms. The Atrium Lobby (Deck 5 midship) was completely redesigned and Atrium Arts Cafe was added (replacing the old Lobby Bar). Connoisseur’s Club (the old cigar lounge) was moved from Deck 7 to Deck 8 (aft-starboard, replacing the Library) with added an outdoor smoking-allowed terrace. The Casino was relocated from Deck 5 (midship-portside) to Deck 8 (aft-starboard, replacing the Internet Cafe) and its size was reduced. The Library was relocated from Deck 8 (aft-starboard) to Deck 10 forward (Observation Library Lounge). Internet Cafe (Deck 8 aft-portside) was integrated into the Observation Lounge (Deck 10).
Silver Whisper deckplan changes 2016 refurbishment review
Follows the list of deck plan changes made during the ship’s December 2016 drydock (in Freeport Bahamas).
- All cruise suites were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with an interactive HDTVs (infotainment system) offering in-cabin Internet and movies on-demand. Cabins’ interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sun loungers and received new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) both received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hardwood parquet).
- New satellite equipment now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood panelling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
- The 2016 ship renovations were part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide refurbishment program.
Silver Whisper deck plans are property of Silversea. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.