Silver Whisper deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the Silver Whisper cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Silver Whisper staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Silver Whisper (built 2001, last refurbished in 2018) is the fourth among the Silversea ships – preceded by Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, and the sister ship Silver Shadow. Silversea Cruises Whisper and Shadow ships as design are bigger versions of the line’s first two vessels. Like all Silversea ships, Whisper is operated with all-inclusive cruise deals, offering impeccable service and highest level luxury amenities at sea.
Silver Whisper cruise ship deck plan has a total of 194 staterooms (all suites) for 388 passengers (max capacity is 466 guests), served by 295 crew/staff. The ship has 7 passenger decks, 3 restaurants, 7 lounges and bars, 1 pool, 2 jacuzzies, 5 elevators. Passenger use laundrettes (butler- and self-service laundry facilities) are located on decks 4, 6 and 8. Detergent is provided.
Silver Whisper is among the “best luxury" cruise ship choices on the premium market. Silversea’s all-inclusive deals include all the onboard food (excepting only the Le Champagne dinner restaurant), all the drinks (soft beverages, fine wines, premium spirits, champagnes, including the cabin’s mini-bar and fridge). Gratuities. are also included in the fares.
When booking your Silver Whisper cruise deals, it is advisable to make also dining reservations for the speciality restaurant(s) you wish to visit. Those are La Champagne (French /24 seats) and La Terrazza (Italian, in the evenings only /70 seats).
Silver Whisper deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
In 2018, the cruise ship is scheduled to enter drydock at Freeport Bahamas (December 8-19). The planned refurbishment works include:
- redesigning and redecoration of all public areas (to become similar to the fleet mate Silver Muse interior decor)
- new carpeting (hallways, theatre, main dining room restaurant, casino, conference room, main bar lounge)
- La Dame restaurant will receive new curtains and floor polishing.
- lounge renovations (La Terrazza, Observation Lounge, and Panorama Lounge).
- Casino and Conference Room will receive new curtains and chairs.
- Zagara Spa will receive new furniture and equipment.
- The Gym will be fitted with the latest technology equipment.
- (Deck 5) 9x Terrace Suite cabins will be refitted and recategorized in Veranda Suites.
- All cabins will be upgraded with new, 40-inch flat TVs (interactive system, on-demand movies, Internet). All cabin bathrooms will be updated with newly polished granite countertops.
- Also will be allocated storage space for new zodiacs (large-capacity inflatable motorboats used for passenger tendering and landings in remote areas). A new lifting crane for deploying the boats will also be installed.
Follows the list of deck plan changes made during the ship’s December 2016 drydock (in Freeport Bahamas).
- All cruise suites were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with an interactive TV system offering in-cabin Internet and movies on-demand. Cabins’ interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sun loungers and received new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) both received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hardwood parquet).
- New satellite equipment now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood panelling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
- The 2016 ship renovations were part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide refurbishment program.
Silver Whisper deck plans are property of Silversea. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.