Carnival Legend current position
Specifications of Carnival Legend
|Year built||2002 / Age: 18|
|Builder||Rauma Shipyard (Rauma, Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 375 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||292 m / 958 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||85942 gt|
|Passengers||2124 - 2549|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Costa Atlantica, Costa Mediterranea|
|Christened by||Judi Dench|
Carnival Legend Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jan 03||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$479|
|2021 Jan 09||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$779|
|2021 Jan 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$489|
|2021 Jan 31||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$459|
|2021 Feb 06||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$779|
|2021 Feb 28||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$449|
|2021 Mar 06||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$809|
|2021 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$709|
|2021 Mar 21||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$469|
|2021 May 17||8 days, round-trip Europe||Barcelona||$739|
|2021 May 25||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Dover||Barcelona||$939|
|2021 Jun 04||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$919|
|2021 Jun 13||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1249|
|2021 Jun 25||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$979|
|2021 Jul 04||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1209|
|2021 Jul 16||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$899|
|2021 Jul 25||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1269|
|2021 Aug 06||9 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$899|
|2021 Aug 15||12 days, round-trip Europe||Dover||$1199|
|2021 Aug 27||9 days, one-way from Dover to Civitavecchia||Dover||$809|
|2021 Sep 05||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia||$919|
|2021 Sep 15||9 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia||$709|
|2021 Sep 24||10 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia||$879|
|2021 Oct 04||11 days, round-trip Europe||Civitavecchia||$969|
|2021 Oct 15||8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$609|
|2021 Oct 23||8 days, round-trip Europe||Barcelona||$649|
|2021 Oct 31||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Baltimore||Barcelona||$699|
|2021 Nov 14||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$699|
|2021 Nov 21||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$599|
|2021 Nov 28||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2021 Dec 05||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$479|
|2021 Dec 12||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$509|
|2021 Dec 19||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$839|
|2021 Dec 26||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$899|
|2022 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$519|
|2022 Jan 09||14 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Baltimore||$1119|
|2022 Jan 23||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$479|
|2022 Jan 30||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$479|
|2022 Feb 06||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$479|
|2022 Feb 13||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$479|
|2022 Feb 20||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$569|
|2022 Feb 27||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$519|
|2022 Mar 06||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$669|
|2022 Mar 13||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$589|
|2022 Mar 20||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$639|
|2022 Mar 27||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$639|
|2022 Apr 03||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$649|
|2022 Apr 10||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$859|
|2022 Apr 17||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$759|
|2022 Apr 24||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$649|
|2022 May 01||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$699|
|2022 May 08||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$709|
|2022 May 15||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$719|
|2022 May 22||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$669|
|2022 May 28||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$819|
|2022 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$859|
|2022 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$879|
|2022 Jun 19||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$829|
|2022 Jun 25||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$1029|
|2022 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$889|
|2022 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$889|
|2022 Jul 17||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$839|
|2022 Jul 23||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$1019|
|2022 Jul 31||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$859|
|2022 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$839|
|2022 Aug 14||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$739|
|2022 Aug 20||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$929|
|2022 Aug 28||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$609|
|2022 Sep 03||8 days, round-trip Canada New England||Baltimore||$689|
|2022 Sep 11||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$599|
|2022 Sep 17||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$679|
|2022 Sep 25||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$599|
|2022 Oct 01||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$679|
|2022 Oct 09||6 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$609|
|2022 Oct 15||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$689|
|2022 Oct 23||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$589|
|2022 Oct 30||14 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Baltimore||$1039|
|2022 Nov 13||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$529|
|2022 Nov 20||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$609|
|2022 Nov 27||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$499|
|2022 Dec 04||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2022 Dec 11||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$519|
|2022 Dec 18||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$969|
|2022 Dec 26||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$909|
|2023 Jan 02||6 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$459|
|2023 Jan 08||14 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$1139|
|2023 Jan 22||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2023 Jan 29||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2023 Feb 05||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2023 Feb 12||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$489|
|2023 Feb 19||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$579|
|2023 Feb 26||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$529|
|2023 Mar 05||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$599|
|2023 Mar 12||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$599|
|2023 Mar 19||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$649|
|2023 Mar 26||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$649|
|2023 Apr 02||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$889|
|2023 Apr 09||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$789|
|2023 Apr 16||7 days, round-trip The Bahamas||Baltimore||$659|
|2023 Apr 23||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$659|
|2023 Apr 30||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Baltimore||$699|
Carnival Legend Review
Review of Carnival Legend
Launched in 2002, Carnival Legend is the 3rd of four Spirit-class Carnival ships, together with Carnival Miracle, Spirit and Pride. Legend was last refurbished in early 2014 to get ready for her debut into the Australian market.
History - construction and ownership
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary of Carnival Corporation (shipowner). CCL was founded in 1972 as an independent company by Ted Arison (1924-1999, co-founder of NCL Norwegian). Carnival Cruise Lines has Corporation's largest fleet as both a number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). CCL has over 1/5 of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 85,942-ton, 2,124-passenger Spirit Class cruise ship Carnival Legend introduced some significant firsts for the company, including onboard wedding chapels and alternative restaurants. Spirit-class ships also boast an impressive 80% ratio of outside cabins and lots of nice little touches such as 'designer' martinis and museum-quality artwork.
Legend's US$47 million refurbishment in 2014 added the Australian-only slide Green Thunder, Splashdown kids' waterslides and drenching bucket, Bonsai Sushi restaurant, Serenity Retreat for adults, Cherry on Top candy store, RedFrog Pub and brand new Aussie beers (including the Thirsty Frog Summer Ale).
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Legend itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from homeport Sydney Australia to South Pacific Islands port destinations (Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji) during winter. In the summer months, the ship offers Alaskan roundtrip itineraries out of Seattle WA. On repositioning, the ship offers one-way cruises between Hawaii, Australia, and Alaska (Vancouver Canada).
- On May 6, 2013, was announced that starting September 2014, Legend will be the second Carnival Australia ship. The vessel was seasonally deployed (since September 24, 2014) to Sydney NSW, joining there Carnival Spirit (deployed permanently to Australia since 2012). Carnival Legend started its schedule from Sydney Harbour with a maiden Australian cruise on September 24, 2014. The 2014 Australian program included roundtrips to the Pacific Islands (8- to 12-day long itineraries). Carnival Australia cruise deals were available for booking in June 2013. The vessel became the newest and largest Carnival ship homeported in Sydney AU. The ship entered dry dock for refurbishment works in 2014 (Jan-Feb) in order to be “Aussified” accordingly.
- In May 2016, Carnival Australia officially confirmed Carnival Legend's homeporting in Melbourne in 2018 (February-March) for a total of 16 roundtrip itineraries. In the period February 6 - March 24, the liner operated on roundtrips from Station Pier. The scheduled itineraries ranged from 3-day short breaks (Cruise to Nowhere) to 4-day Tasmania, 10-day South Pacific Islands (New Caledonia and Vanuatu) and 11-day Around New Zealand. For the last time, Carnival Australia homeported a ship in Melbourne Victoria in 2013.
Starting October 2019, the ship is homeported in Tampa Florida, replacing there Carnival Miracle. In advance of the new Tampa deployment, Carnival Legend offers longer "Carnival Journeys" itineraries, including 15-day Panama Canal transition cruise (from Los Angeles to Tampa) and 16-day Hawaii cruise from Vancouver (BC Canada).
- From Tampa are offered 7-day Western Caribbean cruises (to ports Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, with Belize or Costa Maya).
- On January 25, 2020, the liner also offers a one-time, 8-day voyage including a partial Panama Canal transit, as well as visits to Limon and Grand Cayman.
- Legend also offers a one-time, 14-day Panama Canal voyage from Tampa on December 1, 2019, featuring calls at Cozumel, Limon, Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Cayman.
In 2020, Carnival Legend cruises in Europe on 9- to 16-day itineraries visiting 34 different ports in 16 countries. The inaugural European season 2020 starts with 16-day Transatlantic crossing from NYC to Dover (June 3-19). The repositioning cruise visits Qaqortoq (Greenland), Reykjavik (Iceland), Lerwick (Shetland Islands) and Ireland (Belfast, and Cobh-Cork).
- 9-day "Norwegian Fjords" roundtrip from Dover (itinerary June 19-28) visits in Norway Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, Stavanger.
- 9-day "Western Europe" repositioning from Dover to Barcelona (itinerary June 28 - July 7) visits Le Havre (France), La Coruna (Spain), Leixoes-Oporto and Lisbon (Portugal), Gibraltar (UK) and Malaga (Spain).
- 9- to 12-day Adriatic and Mediterranean cruises are between homeports Venice (Italy) and Barcelona (Spain) and visit Marseilles, Livorno, Civitavecchia (Rome), Naples, Kotor (Montenegro), Greece (Corfu), Malta (Valletta) and Croatia (Dubrovnik, Rijeka).
The European season 2020 ends with 16-day Transatlantic cruise back to USA (October 30 - November 15) from Barcelona to Tampa FL, visiting Malaga, Funchal (Madeira Island), Tenerife (Canary Islands), Antigua (St Johns), Puerto Rico (San Juan) and Dominican Republic (Amber Cove).
Carnival Legend has a total number of 1062 cabins (of which 50 Suites) in 28 grades. Most Carnival Legend staterooms are 185-sq. foot insides (213), oceanview (167) and balcony (632, with verandas of 40-85 sq.feet). There are also 50 Suites and 17 wheelchair accessible cabins, but no Spa accommodations. Suites include separate sitting areas, refrigerators, spa bathtubs (whirlpools), double sinks and large balconies with two tables, sun loungers, and sitting chairs. Extra services for suite guests include priority embarkation and disembarkation.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Legend offers several restaurants and a couple of innovative dining concepts. The Unicorn Cafe buffet restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but also serves 24-hour complimentary pizza and ice cream. The full-service Truffles is a 2-level dining room with 3-course menu and wine list. New for Truffles is the experience 'A Taste of Nouveau', where diners can sample dishes that are normally served in the fine-dining Nouveau steakhouse restaurant (formerly called Golden Fleece). Situated on the top deck, it serves prime aged beef and lobster dishes.
The new concept "Long Lunch at Sea" takes place in the Nouveau on sea days. A 3-course lunch costs $30 and features dishes like blue-crab salad and grilled cold-water lobster. A fresh seafood platter is served for another $20. A selection of wines will cost an extra US$20 per person. Bonsai Sushi on Deck 2 is a completely new experience. Passengers can sit at tables for two and four or at the bar and choose from a menu featuring sashimi, sushi rolls, bento boxes, along with Japanese desserts and sake.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Legend restaurants and food bars.
- Truffles Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5; with the 36-seat Private Club Room restaurant annex).
- The Golden Fleece Steakhouse (744-seat reservations only restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef steaks; with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Unicorn Cafe Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat self-service restaurant with complimentary food stations; operates as dinner bistro in the evenings)
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The major theme onboard Carnival Legend is ”great legends in the history”. The theme is carried out throughout ship's twelve passenger decks, sixteen lounges, indoor and outdoor promenades. The "Fun Ship" has it all, including a 9-deck-high atrium, golf program, duty-free shopping mall, video arcade, and 1,800-sq.ft kids' play space.
The Atlantis lounge is the best place for a meet-and-greet with friends and a good cocktail. Follies Show lounge pampers with Las Vegas-style show programmes, and Sing-along Piano Bar features karaoke, and live musical performances. The Dream Team Bar is the spot to watch your favorite sports team as it has large-screen TVs so you can catch the action and enjoy favorite drinks. There is also Satchmo's Club and Billi's Piano Bar. Dance away the night at Medusa's Lair, Carnival Legend's nightclub.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Legend lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Firebird Lounge (484-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- Medusa’s Lair Disco and Nightclub (211-seat, 2-level Dance Club)
- Follies Theatre (1400-seat, 3-level main show lounge, also used for movies, bingo games, game shows)
- Trump Card Room (30-seat)
- Legend Cafe (28-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Taste Bar (serves complimentary appetizers); Dreamteam Bar (10-seat sports bar); Billie’s Bar (88-seat piano bar); Juice Bar, Towel Bar; Odyssey Foyer Lounge and Bar (100-seat)
- Satchmo’s Jazz Club (425-seat jazz lounge)
- Club Merlin Casino (108-seat, served by Merlin Bar; with 6-pocket Legend Pool Table)
- Legend Atrium (11-deck high midship open area with dance floor and stage, served by 147-seatLegend Lobby Bar)
- Atlantis Lobby Lounge (23-seat wine bar)
- Enchanted Forest Interior Promenade (55-seat)
- The Holmes Library and Internet Cafe (17-seat, 24-hour Internet computers)
- Wedding Chapel (30-seat)
- Hollywood Boulevard Upper Promenade
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items); Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); Studio Photo Gallery and Shop
- Gigabytes Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- Circle C (kids' lounge complimentary area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Camp Carnival (aft located kids' lounge area with complimentary kids programmes and supervised activities)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Whirlpool, 10 Treatment Rooms, Helen of Troy Beauty Salon and Fitness Center)
- Camelot Pool; Avalon Pool (with SkyDome sliding roof). Both pools are served by Avalon Bar
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Whirlpool, Pool, Bar and sunbathing area with lounges)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge with video games, movies, karaoke, and themed parties)
- WaterWorks Aqua Park (with 214 ft Twister Waterslide, 187 ft Green Thunder waterslide, PowerDrencher bucket, mini-racing waterslides, kids pool play area)
- Volleyball-Basketball Court; 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Legend - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival LegendAdd Photo
Carnival Legend ship related cruise news
Carnival Cruise Line's ship Carnival Legend has responded to a call for help from a small boat (catamaran) that had run out of fuel off the coast of...July 2, 2020
- Cruise Industry
NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line and its sister brands will not be sailing until at least July due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. On Friday, April...April 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line extended its fleetwide suspension in passenger shipping operations and cancelled all scheduled itineraries through and...April 13, 2020
Select CCL-Carnival Cruise Line itineraries have been cancelled through Fall 2020, the company announced on Wednesday, April 1. Earlier this week...April 1, 2020
Passengers watched in shock as a couple of Carnival cruise ships collided near Cozumel Mexico on Friday, December 20. The collision was caught...December 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
In 2021, Carnival Cruise Line will have company's most extensive European season ever planned. The diverse 2020 schedule of Carnival Legend includes...November 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line celebrated company's 25th-anniversary of homeporting in Tampa Bay Florida with a cocktail reception and lunch on Carnival Legend...November 11, 2019
A fire broke out in Carnival Legend's engine room on Friday, September 20. The passengers of the Alaskan voyage were awakened shortly after 7 am when...September 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
President of the Antigua and Barbuda Cruise Tourism Association, Nathan Dundas, said the island could lose a considerable amount of money as a result...March 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Legend is due to operate the most diverse European season of Carnival Cruise Line to date with 9- to 16-day journeys visiting 34 ports in a...December 4, 2018
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Legend Wiki
The Carnival ship Legend is of company's Spirit-class liners, with sisterships the fleetmates Miracle, Pride, Spirit, and also Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea. The vessel was christened by Judith Olivia Dench (Judi Dench) - British actress and author. Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade was done in 2013.
When debuted in August 2002, Carnival Legend was the first ever "Fun Ship" with an onboard wedding chapel and alternative options for dining. The percentage of staterooms with oceanviews was also impressive – 80%, and 80% of them with balconies. The vessel has a 9-deck-high Atrium, duty-free luxury boutiques, an impressive golfing program. Kids are amused by the children' play area of 1,800-square-feet. The Legend's interior design theme is the great legends in the history, carried out throughout all passenger decks, promenades and lounges.
In February-March 2018, Carnival Legend was homeported in Melbourne Australia. During that time, the ship will offer a total of 6 round-trip itineraries - three 3-night Cruises to Nowhere (short breaks without any ports of call), one 4-night cruise to Tasmania, one 10-night to South Pacific islands and one 11-night around New Zealand.
Ship's first-ever New Zealand cruise was the itinerary January 7-17. The 10-day roundtrip from Sydney Australia visited the NZ ports Wellington (Jan 10), Akaroa (Jan 11), Dunedin (Jan 12), and the Fiordland National Park (Jan 13). This was also Carnival Cruise Lines first NZ cruise. The Legend ship also has the title of cruising the furthest north when in 2013 visited Greenland (Qaqortoq) during the 15-day Transatlantic crossing to NYC (Oct 7) from Europe. From New York, the ship was repositioned to Tampa Florida and since September 2014 started its Australian cruise program.
Carnival Legend refurbishment 2014 review
- New Aqua Park “Carnival WaterWorks” with the “Green Thunder” waterslide (187 ft/57 m long, speed 25 mph / 40 kph), and the “Twister” waterslide (214 ft / 65 m long), plus kids splash zone with sprays, mini-racing waterslides, and the “PowerDrencher” bucket (water capacity 150 gallons / 568 litres).
- RedFrog Pub with the ThirstyFrog Red beer (draft brew, Carnival’s private label)
- Bonsai Sushi (sushi, sashimi, Japanese beers)
- Cherry On Top (candy store)
- (new entertainment options) “Hasbro, The Game Show” and “Playlist Productions”
- upgraded pools, upgraded fitness equipment
- new carpeting, tiling, wall coverings.
The ship's last wet-dock (May 2-14, 2018) was in Portland (Oregon USA) at Vigor Marine Shipyard, and included regular maintenance works.
Carnival Legend User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review