Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Miracle Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Miracle
|Year built||2004 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Rauma Shipyard (Rauma, Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 375 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||292 m / 958 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||85942 gt|
|Passengers||2124 - 2549|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Jessica Lynch|
Current itinerary of Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean. Prices start from USD 654 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 17 Nov, 2018 and ends on 25 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|17 Nov 16:00||Departing from Tampa, Florida|
|19 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|20 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|21 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Belize City|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 15:00||Roatan Island, Mahogany Bay-Coxen Hole, Honduras|
|23 Nov 10:00 - 18:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|25 Nov 08:00||Arriving in Tampa, Florida|
Review of Carnival Miracle
Launched in 2004, Carnival Miracle is the last of four Spirit-class Carnival ships, together with Carnival Legend, Spirit and Pride. Miracle's building cost is US$375 million. The ship was last refurbished in 2015.
History - construction and ownership
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is an US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary of Carnival Corporation (shipowner). CCL was founded in 1972 as independent company by Ted Arison (1924-1999, co-founder of NCL Norwegian). Carnival Cruise Lines has Corporation's largest fleet as both number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). CCL has over 1/5 of cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 85,942-ton, 2,124-passenger Spirit Class cruise ship Carnival Miracle and her Spirit-class sisters represented some significant firsts for Carnival: amazing alternative steakhouses found on each Carnival new-build thereafter and onboard wedding chapels. Spirit-class cruise ships also offer an awesome 80 % ratio of outside cabins, as well as lots of nice little touches - such as museum-quality artwork and "designer" martinis.
Cruise itinerary program
There were plans for Carnival Miracle to be repositioned to Asia (China, early 2018), but those were later changed. In 2018-2019, the ship operates on 7-day Western Caribbean cruises from homeport Tampa on year-round basis.
- In Tampa, Miracle joins the fleetmate Carnival Paradise (operating 4-8-day roundtrip itineraries) to Caribbean and Cuba. Both Carnival ships had combined annual passenger shipping capacity from Tampa around 280,000.
- The 7-day Carnival Miracle Tampa cruise departures are on Saturdays or Sundays. Itineraries visit Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Roatan Island (Mahogany Bay) and Belize City.
- The 6-day itineraries offer day-long port stays in Cozumel, Belize City and Costa Maya (or Roatan).
- The 8-day Panama Canal cruises (departures 2018 - April 14, Sept. 8) and 2019 (Feb 2, April 6) offer partial transition and stops in Costa Rica (Limon) and Grand Cayman Island.
- A special 14-day "Carnival Journeys" itinerary (roundtrip Panama Canal cruise from Tampa) was scheduled for December 2, 2018. It visits Cozumel, Limon, Panama Canal (transit), Cartagena Colombia, Aruba, Curacao, Jamaica (Montego Bay).
Starting December 1, 2019, Carnival Miracle is homeported in San Diego CA for a 3-month cruise season to Hawaii (14-15-day) and Mexico (5-7-day).
Carnival Miracle has a total number of 1062 cabins (of which 56 Suites, 626 Balcony rooms) in 28 grades. Most Carnival Miracle staterooms are 185-sq.foot insides (213), oceanview (167) and balcony (626, with verandas of 40-85 sq.feet). There are also 56 Suites and 16 wheelchair accessible cabins, but no Spa accommodations. Suites include separate sitting areas, refrigerators, spa bathtubs (whirlpools), double sinks and large balconies with two tables, sun loungers and sitting chairs. Extra services for suite guests include priority embarkation and disembarkation.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Miracle's main restaurant for dinner is the Bacchus Dining Room, which is named after the Greek god of wine. There is only one dining room on all Spirit-class ships, while even older Carnival ships feature two main restaurants. However, the two-deck high Bacchus easily accommodates all guests in two seatings or on a flexible basis, via "Your Choice Dining" program. Nick and Nora's, situated under the skylight in Carnival's red funnel, offers unforgettable dinner that is worth the $30 charge considering the exquisite atmosphere, extra-attentive service and the quality of the meals. Horatio's lido buffet is a one-level restaurant boasting full breakfast and lunch buffets. It is also a casual dinner alternative and late-night bistro. A sushi cart is set up each afternoon outside of Maguire's Bar with rotating options like shrimp, assorted rolls and salmon, all free of charge. Sake is also available, unfortunately not complimentary.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Miracle restaurants and food bars.
- Bacchus Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5; with the 36-seat Ariadne Room restaurant annex).
- Nick and Nora’s Steakhouse (744-seat reservations only restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef steaks; with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Horatio’s Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat self-service restaurant with complimentary food stations; operates as dinner bistro in the evenings)
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Still, Joe Farcus always has a theme, and Carnival Miracle's is "fictional icons" - passenger hallways feature drawings of popular literary characters such as Robin Hood and Robinson Crusoe (and the more darken Belgian detective Hercule Poirot). The lobby and atrium are called after the Metropolis of "Superman" fame, and there is also a Gotham lounge, which gets its name from "Batman".
The 3-level main show lounge on Carnival Miracle is fashioned after "The Phantom of the Opera" and Paris Opera House. The elaborate production shows include a high-energy popular music medley from the last decades, called "Legends", as well as a Beatles-themed production. Frankenstein's Lab is ship's 2-deck disco. It received new carpeting and furniture as part of the recent refurbishment.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Miracle lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Mad Hatter’s Ball Lounge (425-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- Dr Frankenstein’s Lab Disco and Nightclub (211-seat, 2-level Dance Club)
- Phantom Theatre (1400-seat, 3-level main show lounge, also used for movies, bingo games, gameshows)
- The Joker Card Room (30-seat)
- Fountainhead Cafe (28-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Taste Bar (serves complimentary appetizers); Maguire’s Bar (10-seat sports bar); Sam’s Bar (88-seat piano bar); Snack Bar; Towel Bar; Gotham Foyer Lounge and Bar (100-seat)
- Frankie and Johnnie’s Jazz Club (425-seat jazz lounge)
- Mr Lucky’s Casino (108-seat, served by Lucky’s; with 6-pocket Legend Pool Table)
- Miracle Atrium Metropolis Lobby (11-deck high midship open area with dance floor and stage, served by Metropolis Lobby Bar)
- Jeeves Lobby Lounge (23-seat wine bar)
- Gatsby’s Garden Interior Promenade (23-seat)
- The Raven Library and Internet Cafe (17-seat, 24-hour Internet computers)
- Wedding Chapel (30-seat)
- Kane’s Way Upper Promenade (55-seat)
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items); Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); Studio Photo Gallery and Shop
- Wizards Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- Circle C (kids' lounge complimentary area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Camp Carnival (aft located kids' lounge area with complimentary kids programmes and supervised activities)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Whirlpool, 10 Treatment Rooms, Venus Beauty Salon and Fitness Center)
- Sirens Pool; Ulysses Pool (with Sky Dome sliding roof). Both pools are served by Odyssey Bar
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Whirlpool, Pool, Bar and sunbathing area with lounges)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge with video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties)
- Aqua Park (with 72 ft Twister Waterslide, pool play area, jets, fountains, splash pools).
- Volleyball-Basketball Court; 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Miracle wiki
- Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2015
- The Carnival cruise ship Miracle is the line's last Spirit-class vessel. Her sisters are the Carnival ships Legend, Pride, Spirit and also the ships Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea.
- The vessel was christened by Jessica Lynch (retired US Army private).
- Miracle's maiden voyage started on February 27, 2004. Her staterooms with ocean view are 80%, and the ones with private balconies are 80% of those. The vessel has a unique 11-story Metropolis atrium. Its ceiling is made of ruby-red glass and a big picture of a movie or a famous character, Long John Silver for example, is next to each room.
- The Carnival Miracle ship's interior design theme is "fictional icons" (done by Joe Farcus). There are drawings of the famous Robinson Crusoe, Robin Hood and Hercule Poirot. Miracle's cruise passengers can visit the Gotham Lounge – a name taken from the Batman movie. On board there are a wedding chapel and alternative steakhouse. In January 2012 the Miracle ship was refurbished and more trendy Carnival's features were added, like the Serenity adult deck.
- In March 2013 the ship was repositioned through Panama Canal from New York to California to replace Carnival Splendor there.
- There was a plan for the Miracle ship to be deployed to Asia in spring 2017 for round-trip cruises from China (year-round Shanghai port departures). However, this decision was revised, so Miracle stays in North America. According to the Carnival's' ship deployment schedule, the Carnival Asia-based ships are Carnival Splendor (repositioned from Miami Florida to China in spring 2018) and Carnival Spirit (during 2017-2018 winter season only). Both ships will be home-ported in Shanghai China.
- As part of the "Carnival Journeys" itinerary program (offering longer enrichment themed itineraries), in 2017 (September 2-16) Carnival Miracle had scheduled a 14-days Alaskan cruise roundtrip from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA. This is Carnival's ever first roundtrip Alaskan itinerary. It also included the company's maiden visit to Icy Strait Point and a full-day passing through Glacier Bay. The list of scheduled onboard activities included Alaska-themed cultural and culinary events and themed seminars (photography, arts, crafts, cooking, celestial navigation). The list of Alaskan shore excursion included hiking, sea kayaking, canoeing, helicopter flightseeing tours, lake snorkeling. Next is shown the itinerary's ports of call (dates and times).
|02 Sep||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|06 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|07 Sep 10:00 - 19:00||Icy Strait Point, Alaska|
|08 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Skagway, Alaska|
|09 Sep||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|10 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|11 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|13 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Vancouver, BC Canada|
|16 Sep||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
Prices started from USD 1629 pp (double occupancy interior cabin rates).
Carnival Miracle - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival MiracleAdd Photo
Carnival Miracle ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
San Diego cruise port is back as a hub for Carnival Cruise Line. The Miami-based line announced that its 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle...June 30, 2018
Hundreds of passengers onboard a Carnival cruise ship were kept in port Tampa for 2 days. Line's Carnival Miracle was originally due to depart on...May 30, 2018
Carnival Cruise Line modified the schedule of an upcoming voyage on Carnival Miracle due to "unanticipated issue" with the vessel. As a result...May 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line announced that next year they will offer 3 extended trips, of which the longest single-departure cruise in the history of the...May 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The newly revamped Carnival Legend will re-position to Tampa, Florida in October 2019. The Carnival Cruise Line's ship is currently spending...May 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Miracle kicked off year-round program of 7-day cruises from Tampa FL this weekend, doubling the capacity of the...January 30, 2018
A 61-year-old passenger was airlifted from Carnival Miracle off the coast of San Diego on Friday, June 9, following reports of medical emergency...June 11, 2017
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Miracle Itineraries
The below listed Carnival Miracle cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 11||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa|
|2018 Nov 17||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$654|
|2018 Nov 25||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa|
|2018 Dec 02||14 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$944|
|2018 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$594|
|2018 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$894|
|2018 Dec 30||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$859|
|2019 Jan 06||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$459|
|2019 Jan 13||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$434|
|2019 Jan 20||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$489|
|2019 Jan 27||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$379|
|2019 Feb 02||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$844|
|2019 Feb 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$489|
|2019 Feb 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$509|
|2019 Feb 24||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$555|
|2019 Mar 03||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$539|
|2019 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$614|
|2019 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$584|
|2019 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$594|
|2019 Mar 31||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$559|
|2019 Apr 06||8 days, round-trip Panama Canal||Tampa||$714|
|2019 Apr 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$639|
|2019 Apr 21||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$549|
|2019 Apr 28||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$534|
|2019 May 05||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$544|
|2019 May 12||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$534|
|2019 May 19||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$574|
|2019 May 26||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$639|
|2019 Jun 02||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$709|
|2019 Jun 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$729|
|2019 Jun 16||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$749|
|2019 Jun 23||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$729|
|2019 Jun 30||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$734|
|2019 Jul 07||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$709|
|2019 Jul 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$729|
|2019 Jul 21||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$749|
|2019 Jul 28||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$724|
|2019 Aug 04||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$649|
|2019 Aug 11||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$594|
|2019 Aug 18||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$544|
|2019 Aug 25||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$499|
|2019 Sep 01||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$454|
|2019 Sep 08||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$439|
|2019 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$434|
|2019 Sep 22||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Tampa||$449|
|2019 Sep 29||13 days, one-way from Tampa to Los Angeles||Tampa||$869|
|2019 Oct 12||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||Los Angeles||$649|
|2019 Oct 19||14 days, round-trip Hawaii||Los Angeles||$1479|
|2019 Nov 02||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||Los Angeles||$539|
|2019 Nov 09||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||Los Angeles||$539|
|2019 Nov 16||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||Los Angeles||$529|
|2019 Nov 23||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||Los Angeles||$699|
|2019 Dec 01||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera||San Diego||$554|
|2019 Dec 08||14 days, round-trip Hawaii||San Diego||$1279|
|2019 Dec 22||5 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$589|
|2019 Dec 27||3 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$429|
|2019 Dec 30||4 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$549|
|2020 Jan 03||3 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$299|
|2020 Jan 06||6 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$499|
|2020 Jan 12||5 days, round-trip Baja Mexico||San Diego||$349|
|2020 Jan 17||15 days, round-trip Hawaii||San Diego||$1579|
|2020 Feb 01||13 days, one-way from San Diego to Miami||San Diego||$1139|