Carnival Mardi Gras cabins and suites review at CruiseMapper provides detailed information on cruise accommodations, including floor plans, photos, room types and categories, cabin sizes, furniture details and included by Carnival Cruise Line en-suite amenities and services.
The Carnival Mardi Gras cruise ship cabins page is conveniently interlinked with its deck plans showing deck layouts combined with a legend and review of all onboard venues.
Excel Presidential Suite
|Location (on decks):||17|
Excel Presidential Suites (fleet's largest) feature spacious dining-living-sleeping areas and fleet's biggest balconies (with double sunbeds, lounging area, outdoor hot tub and shower). Both suites enjoy complimentary access to the Havana Pool complex and Spa's Thermal Suite.
Excel Aft Suite
|Location (on decks):|
Excel Aft Suites overlook Summer Landing and feature separate livingroom-bedroom with wraparound balconies (with outdoor hot tub and an alfresco dining area).
Excel Corner Suite
|Location (on decks):|
Excel Corner Suites are with starboard and portside locations and feature wet bar, separate lounging-sleeping areas, wraparound balconies (with dining and lounging areas).
|Location (on decks):||10, 11, 12|
Excel Suites feature separate dining-lounging-sleeping areas and large balconies with a dining area and loungers.
|Cabin size:||HU (350 ft2 / 33 m2), LS (460 ft2 / 43 m2), SV (475 ft2 / 44 m2)|
|Balcony size:||HU (160 ft2 / 15 m2), LS (400 ft2 / 37 m2), SV (645 ft2 / 60 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||HU (8), LS (9-10-11-12-14-15-17), SV (17)|
|Type (categories):||(HU-Havana, LS-Deluxe, SV-Spa) Vista Suites|
|Cabin size:||400 ft2 / 37 m2|
|Balcony size:||310 ft2 / 29 m2|
|Location (on decks):||(forward) 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15|
|Type (categories):||(CS) Captain's Suite|
|Cabin size:||OS-OT-SS (290 ft2 / 27 m2), HS (310 ft2 / 29 m2)|
|Balcony size:||OS-OT-SS-balcony (55 ft2 / 5 m2), HS-pation (120 ft2 / 11 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||OS (9-10-11-12), OT (14-15-16), HS (8)|
|Type (categories):||(OS-OT) Ocean Suite, (SS) Cloud 9 Spa Suite, (HS) Havana Cabana Suite|
Premium Balcony Suite
|Cabin size:||410 ft2 / 38 m2|
|Balcony size:||200 ft2 / 19 m2|
|Location (on decks):||9, 10, 11, 12|
|Type (categories):||(DS) Premium Balcony Suite|
Havana Cabana Cabin
|Cabin size:||200 ft2 / 19 m2|
|Balcony size:||80-100 ft2 / 8-9 m2|
|Location (on decks):||8|
|Type (categories):||(HG, HE) Havana Cabana Staterooms|
|Staterooms number:||1268 + 23 (Junior)|
|Cabin size:||7X-7Y (170 ft2 / 16 m2), the rest (200 ft2 / 19 m2)|
|Balcony size:||40 ft2 / 4 m2|
|Location (on decks):||9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17|
|Type (categories):||(7X-7Y-Junior, 8A-8B-8C-8D-8E-8F-8G-8K-8M-8N-8L-Comfort, 8J-Extended, 8P-8V-Spa) Balcony Stateroom|
Balcony Cabin categories by deck:
- 7X-Junior balcony (decks 9-10-11-12)
- 7Y-Junior balcony (decks 14-15-16)
- 8A-Comfort (deck 9)
- 8B-Comfort (decks 9-10)
- 8C-Comfort (decks 10-11)
- 8D-Comfort (decks 11-12)
- 8E-Comfort (decks 12-14)
- 8F-Comfort (decks 14-15)
- 8G-Comfort (decks 15-16)
- 8K-8N-Comfort (decks 12-14-15)
- 8M-Comfort (decks 9-10-11)
- 8L-Comfort (decks 9-10-11-12-14-15) forward-facing
- 8J-Extended Balcony (decks 9-10-11)
- 8P Cloud 9 Spa balcony (deck 17)
- 8V Cloud 9 Spa extended balcony (deck 17) forward-facing
Cove Balcony Cabin
|Cabin size:||200 ft2 / 19 m2|
|Balcony size:||40 ft2 / 4 m2|
|Location (on decks):||5|
|Type (categories):||(7C, 7S-Spa) Cove Balcony Stateroom|
Family Harbor Cabin
|Staterooms number:||6 (FJ), 41 (FE)|
|Cabin size:||FE (245 ft2 / 23 m2), FJ (310 ft2 / 29 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||4|
|Type (categories):||(FJ, FE) Family Harbor Stateroom|
|Cabin size:||235 ft2 / 22 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4, 5|
|Type (categories):||(6A, 6B, 6S-Spa) Oceanview / Outside cabins|
|Cabin size:||150 ft2 / 14 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17|
|Type (categories):||(4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4I, 4N-4O-Comfort, 4S-4T-Spa, HA-Havana, FA-Family) Interior / Inside cabins|
Inside Cabin categories by deck:
- 4A (deck 4)
- 4B (deck 5)
- 4C (deck 9)
- 4D (decks 9-10)
- 4E (decks 10-11)
- 4F (decks 11-12)
- 4G (decks 12-14)
- 4H (decks 14-15)
- 4I (decks 15-16)
- 4N-Premium interior (decks 4-5-9-10)
- 4O-Premium interior (decks 11-12-14-15)
- 4S Cloud 9 Spa interior (decks 4-5)
- 4T Cloud 9 Spa interior (decks 5-17)
- HA-Havana (deck 8)
- FA-Family Harbor (deck 4)
Cloud 9 Spa Staterooms
|Staterooms number:||205 (75 Inside, 4 Outside, 12 Cove Balcony, 104 Balcony, 10 Suite)|
|Cabin size:||SV (475 ft2 / 44 m2), SS (290 ft2 / 27 m2), 7S-8P-8V (200 ft2 / 19 m2), 6S (235 ft2 / 22 m2), 4S-4T (150 ft2 / 14 m2)|
|Balcony size:||SV (645 ft2 / 60 m2), SS (55 ft2 / 5 m2), 7S-8P-8V (40 ft2 / 4 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||4S-4T-6S-7S (deck 5), 4T-8P-8V-SS-SV (deck 17)|
|Type (categories):||(SV-Vista Suite, SS-Spa Suite, 8P-8V-Balcony, 7S-Cove Balcony, 6S-Oceanview, 4S-4T-Interior) "Cloud 9 Spa" Staterooms|
All Carnival Cloud 9 Spa room bookings (regardless of cabin category) receive complimentary private access (to the complex) plus priority reservations (for treatments). All Spa cabins are located forward.
Carnival Mardi Gras cabins review
Carnival Mardi Gras has fleet's first cabin bathrooms with glass-door showers and in-shower shaving bar and also fleet's first (and largest) "Carnival Excel" suites. Over 70% of all staterooms are outside, 300 pairs are connecting/family cabins. Cabin balconies are accessed via sliding floor-ceiling glass doors. The lounge area is furnished with new-type sofabeds (couch bed with footstools opening up for storage), under-bed storage (for suitcases), flexible reading lamps (bedside), mini-refrigerator with transparent glass door, plenty of power outlets, USB ports (on the vanity table and bedside), more shelving (for electronic devices), large wardrobe (with folding shelves, sliding shoerack, 2 pull-out bins).
Follows the review of Carnival Mardi Gras staterooms as amenities, furniture, and complimentary services:
- Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, Ocean, and Junior) have 2 twin beds (convertible to King), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower, bathtub, bidet, double-sink vanity). Some GS-OS suites have single/double sofabed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony cabins feature a private (step-out) veranda accessed via sliding glass doors and furnished with 1 table and 2 patio chairs.
- All Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to ship's Spa facilities on Deck 5 (forward-starboard). Their grades are Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8P, 8T), Spa Oceanview with obstructed views (6S, 6T) and the Spa Inside cabins (4S and 4T). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Thermal Suite and Spa Whirlpool (complimentary, unlimited access), 2 fitness classes (complimentary, Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests (complimentary), 1 Scrub Kit (complimentary, for the Thermal Suite), bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities (by Elemis – shampoo, conditioner, sharp shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day). Passengers booked in Cloud 9 Spa cabins also enjoy Spa treatment discounts while the ship is docked in ports of call – 20% off (1st), 30% off (2nd) and 40% off (3rd treatment).
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around ship’s aft corners and have same suite amenities (including wrap-around balconies).
- Extended Balcony cabins are in 2 grades – 8N and 8M (both with aft ship location). These staterooms have 50% larger balconies, 3 closets (in all grades balcony rooms), full bathroom (shower).
- Oceanview cabins have a picture window and twin beds (non-convertible to King when both upper beds are in use). Some have sofabed and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Spa Oceanview rooms are with obstructed views, and some are with upper bed (Pullman) for 4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT) or Picture Window (4J). Some Porthole cabins have sofabed for a 3rd person, some Picture Window rooms have sofabed and/or Pullman bed for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (WC/shower).
- New categories “Family Harbor” cabins include FS-Suites, FO-Family Harbor Aft Balcony, FM-Cove Balcony, FJ-Deluxe Oceanview, FE-Oceanview, FA-Interior. Staterooms for families are designed with larger living area and have bigger capacity (double sofabeds, additional bunk beds). Family Harbor cabins are all located near the Family Harbor Lounge (Deck 4 forward-midship). This exclusive complex for families offers 24-hour dining options, concierge service, board and video games, large screen for movies.
- The new "Havana" category staterooms are advertised as “private island resort”. All Havana cabins (located aft on decks 6, 8, 9) offer exclusive access to the Havana outdoor area (swimming pool, Cuban-themed bar. club lounge), Havana Cabana Suites feature a rain shower (in the bathroom) and a deluxe hammock (on the balcony).
The Mardi Gras liner has over 180 suites in 11 categories, including company's new top-luxury category "Carnival Excel" suites (32 staterooms in 4 categories) with upgraded VIP amenities and exclusive access to Loft 19 (resort-style, open-air sundeck on Deck 19-forward). "Carnival Excel" suite passengers receive as additional amenities:
- Dedicated concierge phone line
- Unlimited access to Loft 19 (plus priority cabana reservations)
- Guaranteed specialty dining times (except Bonsai Teppanyaki, and Chef's Table)
- Complimentary room service, laundry, Bottomless Bubbles soda package
- (upon arrival) Fresh fruit basket and sparkling wine
- Upgraded bathroom amenities
All cruise cabins offer as standard amenities living area (vanity, lounge), flat HDTV, direct-dial phone, hairdryer, bathrobes, electronic safe box and lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
USB chargers (combined with power outlets) are located in the cabin’s sitting area – right above the vanity desk (underneath its lighted mirror) and not near the beds. The available power plugs are three – two 120 V (3-prong, US standard) and one 220 V (European standard). USB outlets are 5 V (1000 mA). There is one power outlet in the bathroom (used only for electric razors). Guests are allowed to bring their own power strips, extension cords (without surge protectors), AC adapters and multi-plug boxes (powerboards with multiple electrical sockets).
Ship’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
Ship’s interactive TV system allows passengers to use Internet, purchase movies-on-demand, to order room service and to check Sail & Sign accounts. The on-demand movie list has approx 25 films available for ordering at USD 5 per movie. Adult-content films cost USD 10 per movie. Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Mardi Gras location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high-quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all cruise suites and also in “Cloud 9 Spa” cabins/suites. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child, and infant.
- Each of the cabins has an electronic safe box (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Mardi Gras, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are the Casino (designated areas on Deck 7) and Piano Bar 88 (Deck 6 lobby bar). Smoking (including of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Lido Deck 16 starboard (aft).
- Funville@Sea is free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary-related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
Carnival Mardi Gras gratuities (per day per person) are USD 12,95 (for standard cabin passengers) and USD 13,95 for suite passengers. The list of perks for all suites includes: priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering (all ports), priority main dining room reservations, complimentary bottled water in cabins, premium plush bathrobes, a complimentary bag of laundry (one per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
Carnival Cruise Line allows ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice daily). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
Cruise Ship Room Service
Carnival Cruise Lines offers fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The menu has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items like shrimp, sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, bread (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten-free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke, and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours but are at an additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham, and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten-free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Carnival Mardi Gras cabin and suite plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line . All floor plans are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.