Carnival Ecstasy current position
Current itinerary of Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Ecstasy current cruise is 5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean. Prices start from USD 174 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 15 Aug, 2022 and ends on 20 Aug, 2022.
Specifications of Carnival Ecstasy
|Year built||1991 / Age: 31|
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 320 million|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila-Sulzer (42.2 MW / 56591 hp)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||262 m / 860 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||70526 gt|
|Passengers||2056 - 2467|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation|
|Christened by||Kathy L. Gifford|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
Carnival Ecstasy Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Jul 28||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile|
|2022 Aug 01||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$334|
|2022 Aug 06||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$239|
|2022 Aug 11||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$179|
|2022 Aug 15||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$174|
|2022 Aug 20||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$174|
|2022 Aug 25||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$184|
|2022 Aug 29||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$179|
|2022 Sep 03||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$179|
|2022 Sep 08||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$169|
|2022 Sep 12||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean||Mobile||$639|
|2022 Sep 22||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$199|
|2022 Sep 26||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$179|
|2022 Oct 01||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$199|
|2022 Oct 06||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$239|
|2022 Oct 10||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Mobile||$309|
Carnival Ecstasy Review
Review of Carnival Ecstasy
The 1991-built Carnival Ecstasy cruise ship is the second of CCL's eight Fantasy-class liners, with sisterships Sensation, Fascination plus the "no balcony ships" Fantasy, Elation, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise.
IMPORTANT: In 2022, the CCL fleet leave the ships Carnival Ecstasy (1991-built/31-years-old) and Carnival Sensation (1993-built/29-years-old). The announcement was made on February 3, 2022, and triggered the following deployment changes:
- In Jacksonville, Ecstasy was replaced by Carnival Spirit, starting April 23rd. Ecstasy was repositioned to/homeported in Mobile for the period March 5 thru October 10. Carnival Sensation's Mobile schedule (Oct 15, 2022, thru Sept 30, 2023) was canceled.
- In Australia, Carnival Splendor's schedule June 10 thru Sept 26, 2022, Carnival Spirit's schedule June 5, 2022, thru October 5, 2023, were canceled.
- Carnival Sensation will not restart operations. Carnival Ecstasy's last voyage for CCL departs October 10, 2022, from Mobile.
A total of 165x Carnival Ecstasy cruises out of JAXPORT-Jacksonville Florida (departures planned for the period March 7, 2022, thru April 29, 2024) were canceled. The itineraries included:
- 4-day Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau)
- 5-day Bahamas (Nassau and Princess Cays)
- 5-day Bahamas (Nassau and Bimini)
History - construction and ownership
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is a US shipping company, trademarked brand and subsidiary of Carnival Corporation (shipowner). CCL was founded in 1972 as an independent company by Ted Arison (1924-1999, co-founder of NCL Norwegian). Carnival Cruise Lines has the Corporation's largest fleet as both a number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). CCL has over 1/5 of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 2052-passenger ship Carnival Ecstasy is an "original classic" liner with amenities such as LCD TVs and Internet cafes. Ecstasy offers a lot of dining places and nightclubs, casino, and duty-free shops. However, when compared with modern mega-ships, Carnival Ecstasy is relatively small. The ship has only one pool and has not received many of the newer Fun Ship 2.0 amenities. Right after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the Ecstasy ship received new kids' facilities, Lido restaurant, mini golf course, Panorama Bar and Grill refit and newly furnished guest rooms. In 2009, Carnival added to the ship the "Serenity" adult-only deck, "Camp Ocean" (kids lounge) and "Circle C" (kids club).
Decks and Cabins
Carnival Ecstasy staterooms (1028 total, in 26 categories) include 54 Suites, 98 Balcony, 466 Oceanview and 408 Inside cabins. Most cabin balconies are sized 35 ft2 (3 m2). Most staterooms are sized 170-185 ft2 (16-17 m2). CCL Ecstasy ship has 25 wheelchair-accessible cabins (ADA staterooms adapted for passengers with disabilities). The largest (Grand Suites) are sized 330 ft2 / 31 m2 plus 115 ft2 / 11m2 terrace and accommodate up to 5 passengers. They feature sitting areas and spacious bathrooms with whirlpool bathtubs, separate shower, VIP services and amenities.
The boat has 13 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 5 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Ecstasy does not offer alternative dining, so every meal onboard the ship is served in one of the two MDRs or the Lido buffet. Passengers can thus avoid the nickel-and-diming, equated with newer and larger ships, but you might wish for more variety. However, excellent service is one of the bright spots: bar servers are close by throughout the ship. Waiters will remember your name and even your preferences from the first meal, so your decaffeinated coffee will be delivered to you with no need to ask for.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Ecstasy restaurants and food bars.
- Wind Star Restaurant (650-seat, forward Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or "Your Time Dining")
- Wind Song Restaurant (658-seat, aft Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings; offers themed breakfasts - "Seuss At Sea", for $5 cover charge).
- Panorama Lido Buffet Restaurant (722-seat, complimentary self-service restaurant with various food stations; operates as a bistro in the evenings).
- Sushi Bar (complimentary)
- Guy's Burger Joint (Lido Deck, complimentary poolside food bar serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries)
- BlueIguana Cantina (Lido Deck, complimentary poolside Mexican food bar for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The first impression that cruisers receive onboard the Ecstasy, is ship's grand atrium, which bright lights remind them of the big city - the vessel features the New York City theme which runs throughout the public rooms. If cruisers look for a lively, active sailing with lots of nightlife, this ship is exactly for them. Ecstasy appeals to the young-at-heart of all ages who prefer a more spirited vacation.
Carnival Ecstasy offers great fun for children with a range of supervised activities for the little ones. Adults also benefit from a lot of night bars and a casino. The Serenity Adult-Only Retreat is an exciting relaxation spa. There is also a mini-golf course onboard. Rolls Royce Cafe is a new coffee shop offering a diversity of designer coffees and milkshakes with amazing prices in the range of 2.50 dollars and 4 dollars per piece. There is also a late afternoon sushi bar and a totally new photo gallery that winds around the Atrium.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Ecstasy lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Ecstasy Grand Atrium Plaza (7-deck high midship open area served by Grand Plaza Lobby Bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Art Gallery; Photo Gallery and Shop; Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); The Fun Shops (offer Bon Voyage store menu, souvenirs, watches, jewelry, logo merchandise, duty-free liquor, fashion boutiques)
- Blue Sapphire Theatre (1300-seat, 2-level main show lounge)
- Circle C (kids' complimentary club lounge with movies, video games, parties, planned activities)
- The Neon Bar (92-seat piano bar)
- The Rolls Royce Cafe (58-seat lounge)
- China Town Lounge and Bar (109-seat, with dance floor and karaoke)
- Society Bar (92-seat cigar bar with piano)
- The Explorer's Club Library (43-seat; offers board games)
- 24-hour Video Games Arcade; Club O2 teens' lounge for movies, karaoke, parties
- Crystal Palace Casino (450-seat, served by Metropolis Bar)
- City Lights Boulevard Promenade and Bar (230-seat lounge), Jewelry Shop
- Cherry On Top (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival-logoed merchandise and special occasion gifts)
- Alchemy Bar (cocktail lounge served by professional mixologists)
- Stripes Disco and Nightclub (capacity 230 seats Dance Club with own bar, DJ program)
- Starlight Lounge and Bar (540-seat, with dance floor and stage for live performances - Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch shows)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside bar for Mexican drinks - brews, frozens, cocktails, margaritas)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (poolside bar serving best Caribbean rums, bottled Caribbean beers, draft beers (including Carnival's ThirstyFrog Red brew), Red's Beer Cocktail, frozens, cocktails, mojitos, margaritas, soft beverages)
- Serenity (adults-only sundeck with padded lounges, hammocks and two Whirlpools).
- Ecstasy Lido Pool area; Carnival WaterWorks Aqua Park (with the 4-deck high Twister Waterslide, 2 racing mini-slides, Splash Zone - fountains, jets, splash pool, kids playground area)
- Camp Ocean (kids' club lounge with a complimentary program and play area)
- Spa Carnival (Spa and Fitness complex with Relaxation Room, Steam Rooms, Saunas, Massage Rooms, Beauty Salon, Gymnasium with Aerobics Studio)
- Basketball/Volleyball Court, Jogging Track, Tennis Tables, 9-hole Mini-Golf Course, Shuffleboard.
The current Carnival Ecstasy itinerary program was based on 3- and 4-day short breaks from PortMiami to Bahamas and Western Caribbean, with call ports Nassau, Cozumel, Key West FL. Starting February 2016, Ecstasy offered 4-5-7-night roundtrips out of Charleston SC to Bahamas, Bermuda, Grand Turk and Dominicana (Amber Cove).
Starting May 2019, the ship was to be homeported in JAXPORT (Jacksonville Florida) to operate year-round on 4-5-day roundtrips to Bahamas (Nassau, Freeport, Princess Cays/Eleuthera). In JAXPORT, Ecstasy had to replace Elation.
Carnival Ecstasy - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival EcstasyAdd Photo
Carnival Ecstasy ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
For 3 decades, an antique Rolls Royce has been cruising the high seas on CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's ship Carnival Ecstasy. Now, the popular fixture...June 26, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Charleston (South Carolina USA) will no longer be serving as a homeport for CCL-Carnival Cruise Line
The South Carolina Ports Authority and the Port of Charleston (South Carolina USA) announced a new redevelopment effort for a part of the waterfront...May 27, 2022
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's ship Carnival Ecstasy experienced mechanical problems during her first voyage from Mobile (Alabama USA) since COVID halted...March 11, 2022
- Cruise Industry
As part of CCL-Carnival Cruise Line’s 50th birthday festivities and the company's Sailabrations cruises, 7 liners, including Breeze, Ecstasy...March 9, 2022
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line restarted passenger operations on Saturday, March 5, from Mobile (Alabama USA) with Carnival Ecstasy. Carnival Ecstasy...March 6, 2022
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line continues to implement its cruise ship deployment changes announced in February, with the ship and homeport assignments...March 1, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Kicking off year-long 50th birthday festivities, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line revealed details on its “Sailabrations” voyages that will...February 16, 2022
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line notified travel advisors and guests of changes to its fleet deployment plan, including a couple of ships leaving the fleet...February 4, 2022
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced that its 3rd Excel-class ship, Carnival Jubilee, will be delivered in 2023 and based at the Port of Galveston...November 12, 2021
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced plans for more cruise ship restarts for January & February 2022, as the company is working towards the return...October 7, 2021
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Ecstasy Wiki
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades were started in 2014 and completed in 2017. Ecstasy is Carnival's 2nd oldest liner (from the Fantasy-class) with sisterships Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation. In 2005, after Hurricane Katrina, the vessel spent 6 months in Port NOLA (New Orleans) accommodating evacuees and relief workers.
Carnival Ecstasy (Helsing shipyard/hull number 480) is powered by Wartsila-Sulzer marine diesel engines (models 8ZAV40S and 8ZAL40) generating total power output 42,24 MW.
Carnival Ecstasy refurbishment 2019 review
During the ship's 10-day drydock in 2019 (October 7-17, in Freeport Bahamas) were added a Video Arcade (24-hour, with arcade machines, motorbike simulators, foosball/table soccer), Dreams Studio (photo sessions studio), Bonsai Sushi Express (complimentary Sushi Bar, open 5-8 pm). Upgrades were made to the Fun Shops. Carpeting was replaced shipwide. Most public areas were freshened up.
Carnival Ecstasy refurbishment 2017 review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (January 1-24) done in Freeport Bahamas included:
- (Lido Deck 10) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 10) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Alchemy Bar was added (Carnival's “cocktail pharmacy” lounge with professional mixologists and made-to-order drinks). Also here was added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, serving Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red /draught beer).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Verandah Deck 11) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean. Also here (aft) was installed Carnival Waterworks (aquapark with Splash Zone, 2 mini racing slides for kids, and the Twister Waterslide).
Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities. Routine maintenance works included new hull coating. During refurbishment 2017, the crew area was also renovated.
Ship's previous (2014) drydock refit and refurbishment ("Fun Ship 2.0" program) added the following venues and services:
- (deck 9) Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar
- (new show programming) Hasbro Game Show, Playlist Productions, Punchliner Comedy Club.
Carnival Cruise Line made 2 upgrades to the Ecstasy ship as a part of company's first fleet renovation program "Evolution of Fun" ("Fun Ship 1.0").
- The first drydock was after Hurricane Katrina (2005) and included adding new kids facilities, renovation of Panorama Bar Grill, Lido buffet restaurant and Gift Shop. All the staterooms were newly furnished. On Sports Deck (deck 14) was installed the mini-golf course.
- Ecstasy's "Fun Ship 1.0" upgrade was completed in 2009. Then the liner received its adult-only Serenity deck (aft on Deck 9), 98 new balconies (added to existing oceanview cabins), StarLight Aft Lounge (Deck 9) was redesigned and renovated. Youth facilities were upgraded with "Circle C" Lounge (teens), "Camp Carnival" (kids) and children's waterpark.
Carnival Ecstasy User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review