Marella Celebration Review and Specifications
Specifications of Marella Celebration
|Year built||1984 / Age : 34|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 160 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Marella Cruises (Thomson UK)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||214 m / 702 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||33933 gt|
|Passengers||1262 - 1350|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Former names||MS Noordam, Thomson Celebration|
|Christened by||Beatrijs van De Wallbake|
Current itinerary of Marella Celebration
Marella Celebration current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas. Prices start from USD 1157 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 20 Sep, 2018 and ends on 27 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Sep||Departing from Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|21 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Bar, Montenegro|
|22 Sep 07:00 - 18:00||Korcula Island, Korcula, Croatia|
|23 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Zadar, Croatia|
|24 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Venice, Italy|
|25 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Trieste, Italy|
|26 Sep 09:00 - 18:00||Split, Croatia|
|27 Sep||Arriving in Dubrovnik, Croatia|
Review of Marella Celebration
Launched in 1984, Marella Celebration cruise ship (formerly "Thomson Celebration") is a leased vessel which current owner is HAL (Holland America Line, Carnival Corporation's subsidiary company). The ship was built as ms Noordam and since 2005 is operated under long-therm charter (expiring in 2021) the UK company Marella Cruises (formerly "Thomson Cruises").
History - construction & ownership
Marella Cruises (formerly Thomson Cruises) is a British cruise line, that offers low-price voyages around Europe with ships from Holland America Line and Louis Cruise Lines. Initially, the company entered cruise market in 1973. Due to the rising fuel costs, in 1976 it was terminated. Thomson Cruises restarted the cruise line in 1995 and nowadays holds 1% market share of worldwide cruise industry. Marella Cruises has its own unique place in the British cruise market as cruise division of the largest tour operator and travel agency in Britain. After its foundation in 1965, the company soon established dominant position in the British tour market with own airlines and travel agencies.
The 33,933-ton, 1,254-passenger Marella Celebration joined the U.K. holiday giant's cruise division back in 2004, after sailing for the cruise company Holland America as Noordam. In the past 5 years, Marella Celebration cruise ship has become a firm favourite with the ever-growing British cruise market. While it's not big and doesn't have the "wow" factor of a lot of the new mega-vessels taking up residence in the U.K., what it does have in galore is friendly crew members that secure a really good service so British cruisers might sit back and enjoy their holidays.
Though Marella Celebration cruise ship is one of the older vessels afloat (originally debuted in 1984), the cruise company has invested in refits. In 2008, suites were renewed, the Horizons Lounge was redone, new carpets were put in across all stairs and landing zones, and all public toilets were replaced. In 2014 the ship was last refurbished and introduced into the Platinum collection of cruises.
Cruise itinerary program
Marella Celebration itinerary program is based on Mediterranean cruises. During 2016-2017 winter season, the ship operated round-trip itineraries from homeport Dubai to ports in Bahrain, Oman and UAE.
For summer 2018, the ship was relocated to homeport Dubrovnik for an adults-only cruise program with full day port stayss in Bar, Korcula, Zadar, Venice, Trieste, Split. The ship also introduced 2 new 7-day itineraries, themed "Sail Three Seas" (Valletta Malta, Messina Sicily, Cephalonia Island, Igoumenitsa, Kotor) and "Greek Mystique" (Chania Crete, Piraeus-Athens, Kalamata, Corfu Island, Kotor).
Most Marella Celebration staterooms are 145-175-sq.foot Oceanview (416). There are a total of 625 staterooms in 9 categories. Only 4 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Marella Celebration are the Suites (295 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
There are three restaurants onboard Marella Celebration. The 600-seat Meridian has warm decor, and operates in open-seating arrangement. Most tables are for four, six, or eight. Dinners include a choice of 4 starters plus an alternative vegetarian choice. The small à-la-carte Mistral’s, seating up to 45 guests, is a specialty dining spot adjacent to the Meridian. There is a per-person cover charge. The Lido Restaurant is open 24 hours a day in open-seating arrangement. A themed buffet may be offered each week. However, self-serve buffets are repetitive. On the Lido Deck, the Terrace Grill provides fast-food items, pasta and pizza.
Follows the complete list of Marella Celebration restaurants and food bars.
- The Meridian restaurant (offers breakfast, lunch and 6-course dinner; all meals are served as open seating; once per week hosts the Captain’s Gala Reception and Gala Dinner)
- Mistral’s restaurant (a stylish specialty à la carte restaurant with cover charge applied and required on-board reservations; open for dinner only between 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
- Kora La Restaurant (Asian restaurant for Lunch and Dinner, complimentary; reservations are recommended)
- Lido restaurant (with al-fresco dining area and self-service buffet, open 24 hours a day; twice a week international theme nights are held)
- Terrace Grill (the place for pizzas, pasta dishes, specialty salads, served in the sunshine).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Overall, Marella Celebration cruise ship is particularly great for first-timers, with amenities which clearly blur the gap among land-based and sea holidays. One such example is the Lido Bar and Restaurant's outdoor seating zone - sitting out on deck, sipping a cocktail or beer and watching a show on the stage across from the swimming pool is something which reminds of a typical resort-based hotel in the Mediterranean.
Follows the complete list of Marella Celebration lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Broadway Show Lounge (600-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games); Broadway Lounge Bar
- Broad Street Shops (duty-free shopping arcade with boutiques selling watches, fine jewelry, Marella Cruises logo merchandise, luxury perfumes, fashion clothes, liquor, tobaccos, convenience goods); Boutique (luxury Spa cosmetics, beauty products)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Card Room; Library
- Explorers’ Lounge (features live piano music and daily Afternoon Tea; home to The Coffee Port bar for specialty coffees and teas served with complimentary desserts; wi-fi hotspot)
- Casino (served by its own Bar)
- Hemingway’s Bar (live piano performances, large windows for panoramic sea views)
- Lido Bar (open 11:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; serves the pool deck area)
- Liberties (disco nightclub, with its own bar, stage for live performances, dance floor; offers live music, film screenings, game shows and dancing classes during the day)
- Main Pool area (paddle pool for kids, swimming pool, sunbathing area; served by an alfresco Pool Bar)
- Marella Kids’ Club (play area, complimentary; offers supervised age-appropriate activities for kids 3-11 yo); Video Games Arcade
- Oceans Spa & Gym (Wellness Centre: Treatment Rooms, Massage Rooms, Saunas, Beauty Salon, Relaxation Area; The Gym has a separate Aerobic Studio)
- Adults-only pool deck area (swimming pool, whirlpool, sunbathing area)
- Horizons Lounge & Bar (observation lounge with panoramic sea views; has a dance floor and offers live classic music and jazz performances, as well as cabaret performancesin the evening)
- The Sun Lounge (outdoor adults-only relaxation area with luxury daybeds; served by its own bar).
Marella Celebration wiki
- Cabin grades number: 9
- Total number of cabins: 625 (of which 20 Suites, 416 Oceanview, 209 Inside, 15 Single, 4 Wheelchair accessible).
- Dining Rooms: Meridian (600-seat, waiter service, open seating).
- Restaurants and food bars: Mistral's (a la carte, cover charge applied, reservations required), Kora La (Asian), Lido (buffet), Terrace Grill (barbecue eatery and Italian pizzeria in the evenings), Buffet Magnifique.
- Lounges & Bars: Broadway Show Lounge, Explorers' Lounge, Sun Lounge (al fresco relaxation area), Horizons (live music), Liberties (dancing, zumba, film screenings, live bands, game shows, karaoke, disco), Hemingway's Bar, Lido Bar, Mezzanine Bar & Lounge, Card room.
- Oceans Beauty Salon and Spa, swimming pools (2), jaccuzis, 24-hour Room service (extra charge), casino, Marella Kids' Club, library with Internet access, gift shops, self-service laundrettes.
- Marella Celebration cruise ship was built and launched as ms Noordam (link to the HAL ship) for Holland America. In 2005 the vessel was chartered to Thomson Holidays. Following an extensive refurbishment in 2013, Celebration was introduced into a new Platinum collection of itineraries. The vessel's godmother is Beatrijs van De Wallbake.
- The ship was built in France and by design and specifications is sister to Thomson Spirit (originally launched as "ms Nieuw Amsterdam" for HAL in 1983).
- The Apollo Group company was contracted for providing all Marella ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other luxury cruise lines served by Apollo are Oceania (6 ships fleet) and RSSC Regent Seven Seas (4 ships fleet).
- During its winter 2016-2017 season, Marella Celebration was deployed to home-port Dubai for a set of 7-night round-trip cruise itineraries to ports in UAE, Oman and Bahrain.
Marella Celebration - user reviews and comments
Photos of Marella CelebrationAdd Photo
Other Marella Cruises cruise ships
Marella Celebration Itineraries
The below listed Marella Celebration cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Marella Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jun 21||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik|
|2018 Jul 19||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik|
|2018 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik|
|2018 Aug 23||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik|
|2018 Aug 30||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$969|
|2018 Sep 06||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1108|
|2018 Sep 13||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1242|
|2018 Sep 20||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1157|
|2018 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip Greek Mystique||Dubrovnik||$878|
|2018 Oct 04||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$866|
|2018 Oct 11||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$919|
|2018 Oct 18||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$770|
|2018 Oct 25||14 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Malaga||Dubrovnik||$1006|
|2018 Dec 07||13 days, one-way from Malaga to Bridgetown||Malaga||$1006|
|2018 Dec 20||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1188|
|2018 Dec 27||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$2574|
|2019 Jan 03||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1227|
|2019 Jan 10||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1209|
|2019 Jan 17||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Jan 24||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Jan 31||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1229|
|2019 Feb 07||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Feb 14||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1310|
|2019 Feb 21||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1210|
|2019 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1247|
|2019 Mar 21||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1201|
|2019 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip A Taste Of Paradise||Bridgetown||$1283|
|2019 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Caribbean Dreams||Bridgetown||$1174|
|2019 Apr 11||21 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Dubrovnik||Bridgetown||$1693|
|2019 May 02||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$929|
|2019 May 09||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1030|
|2019 May 16||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$994|
|2019 May 23||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1012|
|2019 May 30||7 days, round-trip Greek Mystique||Dubrovnik||$957|
|2019 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1150|
|2019 Jun 13||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1104|
|2019 Jun 20||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1040|
|2019 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1095|
|2019 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Greek Mystique||Dubrovnik||$1030|
|2019 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1021|
|2019 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1113|
|2019 Jul 25||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1040|
|2019 Aug 01||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1113|
|2019 Aug 08||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1113|
|2019 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Greek Mystique||Dubrovnik||$1058|
|2019 Aug 22||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1067|
|2019 Aug 29||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1067|
|2019 Sep 05||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$1122|
|2019 Sep 12||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$1150|
|2019 Sep 19||7 days, round-trip Greek Mystique||Dubrovnik||$1058|
|2019 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$1049|
|2019 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$966|
|2019 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Venetian Vistas||Dubrovnik||$975|
|2019 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Sail Three Seas||Dubrovnik||$948|
|2019 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Adriatic Affair||Dubrovnik||$920|