Carnival Inspiration last position
Carnival Inspiration last location was at Aegean Sea (coordinates 38.87008 N / 26.97756 E) cruising en route to ALIAGA. The AIS position was reported 2 months ago.Current Position
Specifications of Carnival Inspiration
|Year built||1996 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Rauma Shipyard (Rauma, Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 270 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||262 m / 860 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||70367 gt|
|Passengers||2052 - 2462|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Last Refurbishment||2018, Aliaga-scrapped in 2020|
|Sister-ships||Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation|
|Christened by||Mary A. Shula|
Carnival Inspiration Review
Review of Carnival Inspiration
Launched in 1996, Carnival Inspiration was the sixth of Carnival's eight Fantasy-class ships, together with Fantasy (the first one in 1990), Elation, Imagination, Paradise and the "balcony ships" Fascination, Sensation, and Ecstasy.
In mid-July 2020, the shipowner Carnival Corporation sold for scrap the cruise ships Carnival Inspiration (24-years-old) and Carnival Fantasy (30-years-old). Both vessels will be dismantled and recycled at Aliaga Ship Recycling Facility (near Port Izmir, Turkey).
- A total of 160x Carnival Inspiration cruises were cancelled - departures scheduled for the period October 2, 2020, through May 2, 2022. CCL Inspiration ship was planned for homeporting in Long Beach (Los Angeles, California USA) and to operate on Baja Mexico itineraries - 3-day (to Ensenada) and 4-day (Santa Catalina Island California and Ensenada).
On July 23, CCL announced that Inspiration and Fantasy are sold but not to be scrapped. The buyer's name (new shipowner) was not specified. Carnival Sensation was relocated (changed homeport) from Miami to Mobile Alabama, taking up the pre-assigned schedules of Fantasy and Fascination. Carnival Fascination's schedule 2020-2021 based on homeporting in San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Bridgetown (Barbados) was cancelled. The ship's new homeport (mainland USA) and itineraries are yet to be announced. Carnival Sunrise was redeployed from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to Miami, taking up the Carnival Sensation's schedule.
On July 28, Carnival Inspiration entered the Mediterranean Sea waters. The ship's AIS transponder reported as destination port IZMIR TK. On July 31, the destination port was ALIAGA. The vessel's AIS transponder went silent on August 3, at 12:47 UTC.
History - construction and ownership
Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary of Carnival Corporation (shipowner). CCL was founded in 1972 as an independent company by Ted Arison (1924-1999, co-founder of NCL Norwegian). Carnival Cruise Lines has Corporation's largest fleet as both a number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). CCL has over 1/5 of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 70,367-ton, 2,052-passenger cruise ship Carnival Inspiration is one of the oldest Carnival ships. Carnival has shown a significant liability to preserving its older hardware, and the teenage Inspiration was the 1st recipient of the line's "Evolutions of Fun" (EOF) makeovers. Carnival Inspiration cruise ship went under the knife in the time of fall 2007 dry dock, and the most visible renovations - a sun deck place with a three-hundred-foot-long corkscrew waterslide, a kids' aqua park and an adults-only retreat place - have the vessel holding its own against newer, more amenity-laden ships. Other dry-dock additions also have a devoted space for the inscrutable 12 - 14 set ("tweens"), bow-to-stern Wi-Fi, a totally new state of the art sound and lighting technology, and new buffet dining options as all-you-can-eat sushi. When all the facilities were complete,
Carnival had pumped nearly US$40 million into Carnival Inspiration, which cost to build just US$270 million. Carnival Inspiration received a multi-million makeover in 2016 to add a wide range of dining and bar innovations. The new features were incorporated during a 3-week dry dock taking place in Portland, Oregon, January 18 to February 5, 2016.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Inspiration itinerary program was based on 3- and 4-day short-breaks ("Catalina-Ensenada") roundtrips from homeport Los Angeles (Long Beach CA departures) to Santa Catalina Island (California) and Ensenada (Baja Mexico). Because of its short cruises, the vessel was an attraction for many first-timers as well as veteran cruisers who really enjoy the casual attitude and the comfort of the familiar.
Carnival Inspiration staterooms (a total of 1026) are in 19 grades. Most cabins are 185-ft2 Inside (408), Oceanview (564) and Suites (54). The ship has 25x wheelchair-accessible cabins. Grand Suites are the largest (330 ft2) and with max capacity 5 passengers. They feature sitting areas and spacious bathrooms with whirlpool bathtubs and separate showers. Suite passengers benefit from bonus perks including VIP services onboard and ashore.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Carnival Inspiration features two main dining rooms, Mardi Gras (located midship) and Carnivale (aft). During dinner, both offer a feature set seating, with early meals at 6 p.m. and late at 8:15 p.m. Carnival's open seating option, "Your Time" dining, is available between 5:45 - 9:30 p.m. in Mardis Gras. Tables in Your Time dining section are "first-come, first-serve" - better arrive early if you are looking for a two-top. Inspiration's menus feature starters (including soups, salads, and appetizers), main courses and desserts. A vegetarian starter and main course are always available, but better ask about the vegetable soups, most of which use chicken stock bases. The sugar-free orange cake is among the low-calorie items, designated with "Spa Carnival" symbol.
Unlike other Carnival ships, there is no specialty restaurant or Supper Club onboard Carnival Inspiration. However, as is also available on all of the Fun ships is Chef's Table - a dining experience that affords a dozen guests a multicourse dinner with a private cocktail reception, a tour of the galley and a master chef. This dining option takes place in a non-traditional venue, like the library or the galley, and can be booked onboard for US$75 per person.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Inspiration restaurants and food bars.
- Mardi Gras Dining Room (650-seat, forward Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings or "Your Time Dining" and themed breakfasts - "Seuss At Sea", for $5 cover charge)
- Carnivale Dining Room (658-seat, aft Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings).
- Brasserie Lido Buffet Restaurant (722-seat, complimentary self-service restaurant with various food stations; operates as a bistro in the evenings).
- Sushi Bar (complimentary)
- Guy's Burger Joint (2016 refurbishment; complimentary poolside food bar via the partnership with Guy Fieri; serves fresh-cut fries and hand-crafted burgers)
- BlueIguana Cantina (2016 refurbishment; complimentary poolside Mexican food bar; serves authentic, fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, an impressive selection of toppings, salsa bar).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Two production shows take place in the Paris Lounge each night. The two-deck, 1,300-seat theater offers stadium seating and bar stools on the balcony. Besides the Las Vegas-style song and dance revues, it hosts illusionists, comedians, passenger talent show, the Gender Showdown, and even inflatable laser tag Fun Times (for $5 per person). Daytime activities include country line dance classes, trivia, and bingo. Inspiration's secondary venue for entertainment is the Candlelight Lounge, featuring karaoke, "R-rated" comedy shows and art auctions. At its entrance is Chopin, a combination sports and cigar bar with stogies for sale and a number of flat TV's.
Use of the Fitness Center is complimentary. Some yoga classes are organized for a modest fee. The top deck offers a jogging track. 8 times around the deck equals 1 mile. Carnival WaterWorks is a great addition to Inspiration's amenities. Every afternoon live musicians entertain the public at the main pool. But the best thing on Carnival ships is the Serenity. This special adults-only area features 120 comfortable lounges and two whirlpools.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Inspiration lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Inspiration Grand Atrium Plaza (7-deck high midship open area served by Grand Plaza Lobby Bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Paris Theatre (1300-seat, 2-level main show lounge)
- Rhapsody in Blue Piano Lounge (92-seat)
- Inspiration Promenade and Bar (230-seat)
- Cafe Des Artistes (58-seat specialty coffee bar)
- Avant-Garde Lounge and Bar (109-seat, with karaoke and dance floor)
- Rock and Roll Disco and Nightclub (230-seat Dance Club)
- Chopin Bar (92-seat cigar bar with piano)
- Candlelight Lounge and Bar (540-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (2016 refurbishment; poolside bar serving Caribbean rum-based drinks, as well as Carnival's private label draught beer ThirstyFrog Red)
- Alchemy Bar (2016 refurbishment; vintage-themed cocktail lounge served by professional mixologists)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (2016 refurbishment; poolside Mexican-themed bar serving tequila-based drinks)
- Cherry On Top (2016 refurbishment; gifts/sweets shop, selling bulk candies, novelties, Carnival-logoed merchandise)
- Art Gallery; Photo Gallery and Shop; Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); The Fun Shops (offer "Bon Voyage" store menu, souvenirs, watches, jewelry, logo merchandise, duty-free liquor, fashion boutiques)
- Circle C (kids' complimentary club lounge with movies, video games, parties, planned activities)
- 24-hour Video Games Arcade; Club O2 teens' lounge for movies, karaoke, parties
- Monte Carlo Casino (450-seat, served by Dream Bar)
- Serenity (adults only relaxation area with padded lounges, hammocks and two Whirlpools).
- Inspiration Lido Pool area; Carnival WaterWorks Aqua Park (features the 4-deck high 300-foot-long Twister Waterslide, two racing waterslides, fountains, jets, splash pool, kids area)
- Camp Carnival (kids' club lounge with complimentary programme and play area)
- Spa Carnival (12,000-square-foot Spa and Fitness complex with Relaxation Room, Steam Rooms, Saunas, Massage Rooms, Beauty Salon, Gymnasium with Aerobics Studio)
- Basketball/Volleyball Court, Jogging Track, Tennis Tables, 9-hole Mini Golf Course, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Inspiration - user reviews and comments
Photos of Carnival InspirationAdd Photo
Carnival Inspiration ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced the sale of Carnival Imagination and Carnival Fascination, which had previously been put on long-term layup and...September 19, 2020
- Cruise Industry
A third ship in the CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's fleet is now headed for the scrappers. The 2,056-guest Carnival Imagination filed a cruise plan...August 27, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation announced agreements with maritime reclamation and ship recycling specialists EGE CELIK and SIMSEKLER to "responsibly...August 4, 2020
The passenger liner Carnival Fantasy ended its final voyage Tuesday morning, July 28, when the vessel arrived at its final resting place. Following...July 29, 2020
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced new plans for its fleet expected to generate tremendous passenger excitement once the company resumes sailing...July 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
CCL-Carnival Cruise Line's vessel Carnival Fantasy (1990-built, 30-years-old) has been sold for scrap. The ship is currently on a 14-day...July 18, 2020
A 50-year-old passenger who was on a Carnival Christmas cruise off San Diego's coast was evacuated from his ship on Sunday night, December 25...December 27, 2016
- show more news
Other Scrapped Cruise Ships cruise ships
Carnival Inspiration Wiki
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade was done in 2016. The Inspiration ship was extensively drydock refitted (Fun Ship 1.0 upgraded) in 2007. Then the WaterWorks park and the Serenity Deck were added. The list of major upgrades also included the pool area, MDRs, Camp Carnival (kids), Spa facilities, all passenger cabins.
The Carnival ship Inspiration is one of fleet's oldest (Fantasy-class) vessels, with sisterships Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Paradise, Sensation. Inspiration used to operate 4- and 5-day Western Caribbean cruises from homeport Tampa Florida prior to December 2011 when it was repositioned to California (replacing there Carnival Paradise).
Carnival Inspiration refurbishment 2016 review
- (Lido Deck 10) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 10) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Alchemy Bar was added (Carnival's “cocktail pharmacy” lounge with professional mixologists and made-to-order drinks). Also here was added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, serving Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red /draught beer).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Verandah Deck 11) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean. Also here (aft) was installed Carnival Waterworks (aquapark with Splash Zone, 2 mini racing slides for kids, and the 300 ft / 91 m long "Twister Waterslide").
Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities. Routine maintenance works included new hull coating. During the 3-week refurbishment in 2016, the crew area was also renovated.
The liner entered drydock for the last time in 2018 (November 2-15).
Carnival Inspiration User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review