As part of its 50th Birthday celebration, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line is introducing “The Golden Jubilee”, due to celebrate the 50-year history of America’s Cruise Line, on the newest ship Carnival Celebration, scheduled to debut in November.
The new bar & lounge will be part of the liner’s final, to-be-announced zone, and will highlight the evolution of Carnival ships over the last 50 years.
The Golden Jubilee, on Deck 6, in the same location as Mardi Gras' The Brass Magnolia, will boast memorabilia, artwork, and original pieces from the line’s earlier vessels that will be incorporated throughout the site.
- A striking bar beneath 2-deck-high ceilings adorned with a multi-piece brass chandelier
- Chairs recreated from TSS Carnivale’s Riverboat Lounge with cocktail tables from Carnival Fascination’s Hollywood Boulevard
- Original 17’ by 7’ full-height etched glass, nickel & mahogany partition wall with 24 windowpanes from TSS Mardi Gras casino
- Original decorative etchings of musical instruments and polished brass & glass nightclub doors from TSS Carnivale
- Original bronze statue of Carnival founder Ted Arison / Finnish shipbuilder Martin Saarikangas
- Reproductions of hand-drawn sketches by Farcus blended into mirrors
- Floor tiles surrounding the feature a stylized maple leaf pattern reminiscent of the maple leaf design motif from TSS Mardi Gras' Grand Ballroom
- Mirror inserts integrated into the bar front and bottle display
- Round windows instead of squared windows, reminiscent of the portholes on the line’s original ships
- Specialized bar menu taking passengers on a journey through time as well, featuring an early version of the line’s logo introduced in the ‘70s, and the popular cocktails throughout the decades since 1972.
The adjacent promenade will serve as a unique look through the history of the company, featuring:
- A porthole gallery installation, first-of-its-kind.
- Original vintage engine telegraph from 1955 installed on TSS Carnivale.
- Coins for every cruise ship in the fleet, both past and present, are embedded into the floor design of the promenade.
- TSS Carnivale model at the entrance to the Carnivale Restaurant recovered from Carnival Inspiration.
- 1:100 scale, 12-foot-long Carnival Celebration's ship model.
Carnival announced 5 zones aboard Carnival Celebration, including Celebration Central, 820 Biscayne, The Ultimate Playground, Lido, and Summer Landing.
Additional details will be revealed in the near future leading up to the inaugural sailing from PortMiami (Florida USA) on November 21. Once in Miami, Carnival Celebration will sail 5-, 6-, 7- and 8-day voyages to the Eastern & Western Caribbean.
Carnival Celebration is expected to become the 2nd Carnival cruise ship to be powered by an LNG-Liquefied Natural Gas propulsion system, part of Carnival Corp.’s green cruising platform. The newbuild will debut in November 2022 from the redesigned state-of-the-art Terminal F at PortMiami FL, the line’s 3rd terminal at the port, and its biggest in South Florida.