"Party Cruises" are fun-themed cruises on chartered boats (smaller-sized and mega-yachts and ships. On major cruise companies, such deals are offered mostly as low-season specials. Cheaper prices are also attainable with large group bookings. Spring Break is another "party time" season (not cheap though).
These voyages are perfect for fun addicted individuals who want to make the most of their cruise ship vacation - partying all day, all night long.
"Party Cruises" belong to the category of themed cruise travel deals. These are the lines' best offers on special (and most unusual!) sea vacations which bring together like-minded voyagers to enjoy all the same activities - together.
How to find party cruise deals? Come to a travel company specialized in travel for students and young professionals who look for excitement. Choose to book a party cruise ship vacation for any size of the group. Your party cruise group could be from a few dozen passengers (a small percentage of passengers' list) to a huge party crowd taking over the entire ship!
Private party cruises are also suitable for young prosperous companies that look for a modern way to host business conferences. Party cruise ships are also a cool suggestion for week-long wedding celebrations, or entire class celebrating graduation together.
You should also count all the Christmas and New Year cruises as a special party type voyages. They got their specially themed activities, special dinner menus, special entertainment programs, special decorations - and many many special people just dying to enjoy all the festivity at sea!
"Booze Cruises" are another party themed best seller! They are operated mostly as one-night cruise deals in huge megapolises (and carnival-fun cities), like NYC New York, Miami, Los Angeles, New Orleans. Booze cruise deals are relatively expensive, but also readily available - the whole year-round.
Cruise To Nowhere - extremely rare as availability (often on new ships), higher prices (as cabin rates PP per day). Nowhere cruise deals on big ship lines are offered also for departures from the world's biggest ports - NYC (also from Bayonne NJ), Tampa FL, Southampton UK, Sydney Australia. On smaller boats you can book one-night harbor cruises in most big port cities - Miami, Baltimore, LA, and San Francisco are among the most popular in the US.
You just find your good reason for a party voyage and a "most fun" group of companions to travel with, then make it happen - it's as simple as that!
What are the best Party Cruise lines?
Are you looking for party cruises to suit a group of friends for the summer beginning? Wondering which is the best of all party cruise lines or what are the specific party cruising offers that would be most exciting for college kids?
By the way, what do students expect from a party cruise vacation? Let me guess here:
- Great (or at least decently good) nightlife, and each night?
- Be around lots of girls?
- Gorging with delicious food, and drinking alcohol perhaps?
Here comes your answer right now- Carnival, the "Fun Ships" line, the best party cruising line, like ever!
Carnival has worked hard to overcome the party-get-drunk image. The Carnival alcohol policy enforces strictly the minimum age for drinking 21 years old. Carnival lines also require any passengers under 21 years old to be accompanied by an adult, who is responsible for them and has booked into the same cabin. This adult must also be at least 25. Today Carnival "Fun Ships" attract more and more families with kids as well - because they offer low prices and many tons of fun activities.
Most Carnival vessels are indistinguishable from one other and provide the opportunity to eat and drink oneself into a stupor. Count on the brass and pink marble, twinkly signage and neon tubing, piles of a crowd that please drinks in restaurants named such as Chic, Grand Buffet, and Taste of Nations. Carnival ships boast signature water slides, kid-friendly activities, and most spacious staterooms (including many connecting cabins!).
Top Party Cruise Ships
So, from the world's largest and most famous party cruise lines, Carnival is the number one - no doubt about it! NCL and Royal Caribbean are ranked second equally - but I guess you can doubt this equilibrium. Balance is the most elusive concept.
- Royal Caribbean ships have multilevel disco nightclubs with celebrity DJ shows.
- Carnival ships have D's trained by DJ IRIE. Punchliner Comedy Club offers talent show every night.
- NCL Norwegian ships offer some of the best parties at sea (featuring the White Hot Party).
- Cunard ships have the largest and most luxurious dancing halls and balls at sea.
- Disney ships will surprise you with their adults' nighttime offers. They don't have casinos but compensate with bars and clubs.
- Costa ships' most popular party is the toga party.
How to choose a Party Cruise ship?
If you are among the partying kind of guys and looking for lots of young people and activities well into the night, stick with major lines and larger ships. Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruise Line, and NCL Norwegian Cruise Lines all have some of the world's biggest cruise ships holding more than 5,000 guests. These vessels offer a variety of bars, night clubs, and recreational facilities. They tend to attract younger and more active clientele. The 3- and 4-night voyages also provide more of a party cruise deals, especially on ships departing from Florida cruise ports.
Everybody has his/her own idea about the ideal travel vacation. Some are looking for short breaks to a relaxing place - just for getting away from the big city. Others are considering as the best vacation choice party cruise ships for their so many onboard activities. Special reasons? Top priorities are meetings with other young people, pool parties at day, deck parties in the evenings, dance parties into the wee hours - of each night!
Top 3 best party cruise ships
The following are a very special "party cruise ships" with a most specific party fun atmosphere, so you should consider:
- Carnival Elation is not the largest ship on the seas, but she has a reputation for being one of the most fun. This based in New Orleans cruise ship makes 4-night Mexico voyages to Yucatan Peninsula, with much sea time for enjoying the fun on board. If you choose to sail on the Carnival Elation ship, be sure to find more than a dozen lounges and bars, everything from a sports bar to piano bars, full disco and a comedy club, a basketball court and a karaoke lounge.
- NCL Norwegian Epic (the line's largest ship) has twenty bars and lounges (including the Ice Bar, only of its kind at sea), and the beach club (adults-only). Other special fun facilities on this ship are the climbing wall, an 8,000 ft2 (743 m2) fitness center, the comedy club "Second City". NCL Epic sails on 7-night weekly Caribbean voyages from Miami.
- Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas (world's largest passenger ships EVER) offer something (or should I say everything?) for everyone. These mega-liners invite party cruise enthusiasts with dozens of lounges, bars, restaurants (including the well-known Rita’s Cantina with its margaritas). Other amenities include the "Prohibition Era" themed parties on each sailing. Among "best party" facilities are the skating rink, the 3D-movie theater, and the two-level dance club.
In addition to the numerous party cruises with tons of onboard activities, major lines also provide different shore excursions that are specially designed to add more flavor to the cruising party experiences after you depart the ship. Beach barbecue parties and glass-bottom boat cruise party tours are among these. A few lines also schedule spring break party cruises for students.
Note: In the following table, all links are internal (CruiseMapper) redirecting to the ship’s itinerary schedule where you can compare dates and prices per person (double occupancy rates).
|(Companies) Ships||Themed Voyages||Regions||Departure Ports and Dates|
(Carnival Cruise Line)
(Cruise and Maritime Voyages)
(Disney Cruise Line)
(Norwegian Cruise Line)
Amsterdam, Bruges and Heligoland
various departures from homeports
"Party Cruise" are affordable deals in New York City. Before 2017, from NYC were also offered Cruises to Nowhere. The experience includes all-inclusive drink packages and theme music (live, DJ or playlist).
Full Island Circle NYC Cruise
"Full Island Circle Party Cruise" is a 3-hour NYC harbor voyage circumnavigating Manhattan Island, on 3 rivers, passing under 7 major bridges, 5 boroughs, over 25 world landmarks.
- Prices (including tax) - up to $50 (special promotions for Internet booking your NYC party break!)
- Snacks, beverages, souvenirs available onboard for purchase. Daily frequent departures in the peak season - Pier 83, 42nd Street, Hudson River.
- Book online (nytours.us) or call toll free, group tour bookings and charter services are also available.
- Tour departures - daily, depending on the season. Check availability before booking on individual dates!
- Hotel pick-ups are not included. Handicap accessible ship (by a manual wheelchair, scooter by the ramp). Children aged 2 and under sail for free.
Semi-Circle NYC Cruise
This one is a 2-hour harbor cruise NYC. On the NYC Semicircle short break you'll experience New York's grandeur. Enjoy all the magnificent views of the world's foremost skyline and close-up views of the Liberty Lady. This very special NYC cruise is sailing down Hudson river, cruising around the Battery and up East River, then under Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg Bridges to United Nations, then going back.
- Prices including tax up to 39 USD (special promotions for Internet booking!)
- Tour departures - daily, depending on the season. Check availability before booking on individual dates!
- Hotel pick-ups are not included. Handicap accessible ship (by a manual wheelchair, scooter by the ramp). Children aged 2 and under sail for free. Reservations can be made at nytours.us or via toll-free phone number 888-880-9108.
Midtown NYC Harbor Cruise
The 90-minute Midtown NYC Harbor Cruise will give you the perfect chance to see all you came to see while touring New York City. An entertaining NYC licensed Tour Guide will provide the most important and interesting facts about the sights which make the Big Apple special - the Statue of Liberty, Manhattan skyline, Ellis Island, Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Seaport, the United Nations, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building.
From late May to early November, you can book Twilight NYC harbor cruise deals. This experience boasts feeling the whole magic at sundown as you sail past the most special city in the whole world - with so many thousands of lights that illuminate its iconic skyline. Manhattan skyline, as the sun sets, is being transformed into a visual vibrant display you will not forget!
- Prices including tax up to 32 USD (special promotions for on-line booking!)
- Snacks, beverages, souvenirs available onboard for purchase.
- Tickets are open reservation; Present the E-Ticket for any of the scheduled departures for 90 days from the chosen date on the Order Form as "Tour Date".
- Daytime NYC Harbor Cruise Midtown. Two, three or more departures - daily, year-round
- Twilight party cruise is also offered: 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. nightly (Late May through December)
- Hotel pick-ups are not included.
- Children aged 2 and under sail for free.
- Reservations can be made online (nytours.us) or via toll-free phone number 888-880-9108.
Next, are listed "Night Party" themed voyages in New York Harbour.
- "NYC City Lights" - Flatiron, 20 W 20th St, NY 10011, (212) 822-8880. Among the best NYC party ship deals because of the variety of boats which dock at different locations - from Pier 81 to Sheepshead Bay. These tours are 3 1/2- hour, ranging from $70-$95. Free is the first two drinks.
- "NYC Waterway Twilight" - 4800 Ave, Weehawken, NJ 07086, (800) 533-3779. Offers include a wide range of sightseeing voyages - 90-minute harbor or full-day cruises, even a Dance Party Cruise Friday Nights themed.
- "NYC Music Circle Line" - Pier 83, West 42nd Street, NY 10036; South Street Seaport, South St, NY 10038, (212) 563-3200. Among the pioneers in music party cruises, it provides also a sunset party breaks down the Hudson River.
- "NYC Rocks Off" - E. 23rd St. and FDR Dr., West 41st St. and Hudson River, NY 10010. Specialized in old-fashioned rock&roll water shows, running close to 200 party sailings, concerts, events from April to October.
- "NYC Spirit Cruises" - Chelsea Piers, Pier 61, NY 10011, (866) 483-3866. The Spirit outdoor deck is the ideal place to gaze at New York Harbor stars. Go to the dance club with a cocktail in hand, discover the renovated dining room, the new menu, and Broadway-style entertainment.
Next, are listed the best party cruise tour operator companies operating with smaller boats NYC harbor cruises. Among the most common occasions are birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, company meetings, even weddings.
- Bateaux New York - 62 Chelsea Piers W 23rd St, NY 10011, (866) 817-3463
- Rocks Off Concert Cruise - Kips Bay, Stuyvesant Town, 2430 FDR Dr, NY 10010, (917) 524-8666
- World Yacht - Midtown West, W 41st St, NY 10036, (212) 630-8100
- Classic Harbor Line - 62 Chelsea Piers, NY 10011, (212) 627-1825
- Atlantica by Bateaux New York - Yacht Charters, Chelsea Piers, NY 10011, (866) 433-9283
- Hornblower Cruises & Events - 353 W St, NY 10014, (212) 337-0001
- Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises - Midtown West, W 42nd St & 12th Ave, NY 10036, (212) 563-3200
- Marco Polo Cruises - Kips Bay, Stuyvesant Tow, 2430 FDR Dr. Service Rd E, NY 10010, (212) 691-6693
- Clipper City Manhattan by Sail - South Street Seaport, Pier 17, NY 10038, (212) 619-6900
- Adirondack Sailing - 62 Chelsea Piers, NY 10011, (212) 627-1825
- Narwhal Yacht Charters - Pier 25, NY 10013, (516) 343-3557
- Shearwater Manhattan by Sail - Battery Park, N Cove Marina, NY 10007, (212) 619-6900
- Kiddie Cruise - SoHo, Greenwich Village, W Houston Street, NY 10013, (212) 987-9200
- Affairs Afloat - Midtown West, West 38th St, NY 10018, (212) 987-9200
- East Coast Yacht Cruises - South Street Seaport, 19 Fulton St, NY 10038, (516) 931-3195
- Manhattan Steamboat Company - Midtown East, 300 E 54th St, NY 10022, (212) 355-8304
- Spirit Cruises New Jersey - Lincoln Harbor Marina, Weehawken, NJ 07086, (866) 483-3866
- The Beast Speedboat - Chelsea, Midtown West, W 42 Pier 83, NY 10001, (212) 563-3200
- Montelli Travel - South Slope, Park Slope, 521 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215, (718) 499-6144
- Never Enuff Fishing - 125-00 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11368, (516) 322-7442
- Freedom Cruises - 2100 Emmons Ave, NY 11235, (917) 650-3212
- Morris Yacht & Beach Club - 1 City Island Ave, Bronx, NY 10464, (718) 885-9166
- Cornucopia Cruise Line - 401 Riverview Dr, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861, (732) 697-9500
- Queen of Hearts - Midtown West, West 38th St, New York, NY 10018, (212) 987-9200
- Smooth Sailing Celebrations - 1500 Harbor Blvd, Weehawken, NJ 07086, (973) 409-4456
- NY Party Cruise - Kips Bay, Stuyvesant Town, 2430 FDR Drive Service Rd E, NY 10010, (917) 567-7459
- Francesca's Touch of Class Events - Flatiron, 244 5th Ave, NY 10001, (212) 340-4727
- American Yacht Club - Milton Pt, Rye, NY 10580, (914) 967-1841
- Royal Princess Yacht - 1500 Harbor Blvd, Weehawken, NJ 07086, (212) 496-8625
- Festiva Yacht Charters - Boat Charters, 1500 Harbor Blvd, Weehawken, NJ 07086, (973) 626-1846
- Gatsby Fantasy Tours - North Hempstead, Manhasset Bay, Port Washington, NY 11050, (516) 869-4351
- Shida B Traveling - 54-56 Bragaw Ave, Newark, NJ 07112, (347) 592-5999
- Lap of Luxury Land Cruises - 439 Washington Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042, (973) 568-6827.