Jewel Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Jewel Of The Seas
|Year built||2004 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90090 gt|
|Passengers||2144 - 2573|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Brilliance OTS, Radiance OTS, Serenade OTS|
|Christened by||Kathy Mellor|
Jewel Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Jul 26||13 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$1878|
|2020 Aug 08||8 days, round-trip Scandinavia & Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1348|
|2020 Aug 16||7 days, round-trip Norwegian Fjords Cruise||Copenhagen||$1149|
|2020 Aug 23||13 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Tarragona||Copenhagen||$1028|
|2020 Sep 05||12 days, one-way from Tarragona to Barcelona||Tarragona||$928|
|2020 Sep 17||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1796|
|2020 Sep 29||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Tarragona||Barcelona||$998|
|2020 Oct 11||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Tarragona||$1163|
|2020 Oct 23||10 days, one-way from Tarragona to Civitavecchia||Tarragona||$848|
|2020 Nov 02||12 days, round-trip Holy Land Cruise||Civitavecchia||$1404|
|2020 Nov 14||12 days, round-trip Holy Land Cruise||Civitavecchia||$1884|
|2020 Nov 26||15 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Galveston||Civitavecchia||$549|
|2020 Dec 11||11 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Holiday||Galveston||$799|
|2020 Dec 22||11 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Holiday||Galveston||$1000|
|2021 Jan 02||9 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$736|
|2021 Jan 11||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$489|
|2021 Jan 17||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$579|
|2021 Jan 24||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise||Galveston||$719|
|2021 Jan 31||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$629|
|2021 Feb 07||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise||Galveston||$719|
|2021 Feb 14||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$649|
|2021 Feb 21||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$629|
|2021 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$579|
|2021 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$819|
|2021 Mar 14||8 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$939|
|2021 Mar 22||16 days, one-way from Galveston to Barcelona||Galveston||$756|
|2021 Apr 07||9 days, one-way from Barcelona to Amsterdam||Barcelona||$1248|
|2021 May 28||12 days, round-trip British Isles Cruise||Amsterdam||$1498|
|2021 Jun 09||12 days, round-trip Norway & Iceland Cruise||Amsterdam||$1694|
|2021 Jun 21||12 days, round-trip Baltic Cruise||Amsterdam||$1766|
|2021 Jul 03||12 days, round-trip Baltic Cruise||Amsterdam||$1498|
|2021 Jul 15||12 days, round-trip British Isles Cruise||Amsterdam||$1906|
|2021 Jul 27||12 days, round-trip Baltic Cruise||Amsterdam||$1585|
|2021 Aug 08||12 days, round-trip Baltic Cruise||Amsterdam||$1498|
|2021 Aug 20||12 days, round-trip Norway & Iceland Cruise||Amsterdam||$1778|
|2021 Sep 01||12 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Barcelona||Amsterdam||$1498|
|2021 Sep 13||10 days, round-trip Iberian Peninsula Cruise||Barcelona||$1248|
|2021 Sep 23||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean & Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1585|
|2021 Oct 05||10 days, round-trip Iberian Peninsula Cruise||Barcelona||$1199|
|2021 Oct 15||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean & Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1425|
|2021 Oct 27||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$699|
|2021 Nov 08||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$580|
|2021 Nov 14||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$573|
|2021 Nov 20||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$889|
|2021 Nov 28||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$533|
|2021 Dec 04||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$752|
|2021 Dec 12||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$533|
|2021 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$543|
|2021 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise||Miami||$1149|
|2021 Dec 30||10 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Holiday||Miami||$1598|
|2022 Jan 09||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$1011|
|2022 Jan 15||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$774|
|2022 Jan 23||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$685|
|2022 Jan 29||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$969|
|2022 Feb 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$685|
|2022 Feb 12||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$774|
|2022 Mar 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$685|
|2022 Mar 12||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$774|
|2022 Mar 20||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$685|
|2022 Mar 26||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$735|
|2022 Apr 09||8 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$838|
|2022 Apr 17||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Miami||$751|
Jewel Of The Seas Review
Review of Jewel Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
At 90 090 tons (that counts on the high end of medium-sized ships nowadays), Jewel of the Seas, just like her siblings, has just enough space for some of the storied Royal Caribbean innovations, such as wonderful alternative dining venues, superb solarium pool, a rock-climbing wall and expansive Adventure Ocean children amenities. The 2,500-passenger Jewel of the Seas maintains a relatively low crew-to-guest ratio. The ship feels practically petite in comparison to her newer, bigger Oasis- and Voyager-class fleet mates. However, Jewel is big enough to offer a variety of dining options and entertainment, yet small enough to offer more immersive itineraries than bigger Royal Caribbean vessels. Like all Radiance-class cruise ships, Jewel of the Seas features glass throughout its interior, thus granting passengers plenty of ocean views.
After the 2016 refurb, new amenities are to be added, such as new restaurants - Izumi (Asian), Giovanni’s Table (Italian), new bar, poolside outdoor theater. The Jewel will also boast shipwide Wi-Fi coverage with VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, new digital signage and cabin renovations (with flat TVs in all cabins).
Cruise itinerary program
Jewel of the Seas itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from San Juan, Puerto Rico and year-round, 7-day Eastern and Southern Caribbean voyages. In the summer, Jewel sails to Alaska out of Seattle, with Panama Canal transition and repositioning between Florida and California.
On March 1, 2018, RCI officially announced that starting January 2019, the ship will be homeported in Miami Florida. All pre-scheduled (January through April) 2019 cruises from Puerto Rico were canceled.
The ship's new Miami-based cruise program includes 5-night Western Caribbean, and 9- and 10-night Southern Caribbean itineraries.
Jewel Of The Seas has a total of 1057 cabins (of which 60 Suites, 517 Balcony rooms) in 24 grades. Most of the Jewel of the Seas staterooms are 160-190-sq.foot balcony rooms and 160-sq.foot insides (238). 19 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Jewel of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1155 ft2 /107 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The kitchen onboard Jewel of the Seas is consistently fine. The main dining venue, especially at dinner, is where nearly half the cruise liner is ordering and eating simultaneously. The service is first-class in all zones. The Tides Dining Room is ship's 2-level main restaurant, decorated with a moonlight and tide romantic theme. Food is nicely presented and well prepared. The elegant room features tables on two levels and wonderful views of the vessel's wake. The menu offers several choices of salads, starters, soups, main courses, cheese, and desserts. The Windjammer Cafe is Jewel's main buffet venue. It is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and informal dinner. Numerous stations serve up pasta, burgers, salads, and sweets. Portofino and Chops Grille are ship's alternative restaurants. Chops is a steakhouse venue with an open kitchen. Enjoyable as Chops is, the real highlight of Jewel's onboard dining is Portofino with favorites including tiger shrimp risotto and spaghetti with lobster sauce. Both Chops Grille and Giovanni’s Table levy a per-person service fee.
Follows the complete list of Jewel of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Tides Restaurant (1112-seat aft Dining Room has a small private dining room (Shoreside).
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (680-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (86-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Portofino (95-seat Italian restaurant) during refurbishment 2016 was replaced by Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant).
- Seaview Cafe (104-seat complimentary fast food and coffee bar) during refurbishment 2016 was replaced by Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The tone aboard Jewel of the Seas is set by the Centrum, which serves as a central spot for activities in the heart of the ship. During the evenings, its Lobby Bar is the hottest spot on Jewel for after-dinner dancing. The lavish, 3-deck Coral Theater hosts the production shows and games. The ship has a real modern feel and does a fine job in incorporating some of the best facilities that have become Royal Caribbean trademarks. Onboard cruisers will find classics like Schooner Bar and Windjammer Cafe, as well as a climbing wall up to the smokestack, tiny golf, and a waterslide. Other additions include the pretty Seaview Cafe, and the rather avant-garde Vortex disco.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Jewel of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Coral Theatre (features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy, and games)
- Vortex Disco and Nightclub (126-seat, with a revolving bar)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Serengeti Club (40-seat card room); Safari Club Lounge (320-seat; hosts art auctions, karaoke, religious services); Zanzibar Lounge (52-seat); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (196-seat suite and past guests only); Yacht Club Lounge; Viking Crown Lounge and Bar
- Lobby Bar (47-seat atrium bar); Champagne Bar (52-seat wine bar); Game Reserves Bar (15-seat); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (46-seat specialty coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); The Pit Stop Bar (102-seat sports bar); Schooner Bar (134-seat piano bar); The Congo Bar; Sky Bar
- Vintages (wine bar)
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol, and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (258-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 3 jacuzzis; 2 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Cinema (57-seat)
- Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Fairways of Jewel Golf Course.
- During the ship's 2016 refurbishment were added digital signage boards (numerous touch-screens throughout the ship), also the Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded (to shipwide) and the fast-speed VOOM Internet is now available.
Jewel Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Jewel Of The SeasAdd Photo
Jewel Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
A total of 154 crew from two cruise liners remained berthed at Gibraltar UK after the chartered flight for their repatriation developed...May 19, 2020
On May 1, 2020, the Jewel Of The Seas ship's Master (Captain Lis Lauritzen, 1971-born Danish female) announced via the PA (public address) system...May 3, 2020
Amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the world's second-largest passenger shipping company (after Carnival Corporation) - RCCL-Royal Caribbean...March 14, 2020
Port Abu Dhabi (UAE) was closed for cruise ships. The blockage applies to both the port and the offshore island of Sir Bani Yas. The affected liners...March 11, 2020
Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas, which is in the port of Dubai is suspected to have two people on board with Coronavirus. COVID-19 tests have...March 11, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced summer 2021 cruises in Europe with 70% new itineraries that feature a mix of destinations on 7 ships. All of the...November 19, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean released the 2nd phase of its European itineraries for 2020. Six ships of Royal Caribbean had their 2020 voyages revealed, along with...December 20, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Dubai is soon to become home to the most expensive shore excursion from a cruise ship in the world, according to media reports. Cruise Arabia &...November 25, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean redeploys Jewel of the Seas to PortMiami, starting January 2019. The cruise line has begun informing passengers that were booked on...March 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced that it is cancelling all visits to Turkey for 2018 cruise season in Europe. The line has decided so, "due to the current...October 19, 2017
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Jewel Of The Seas Wiki
Jewel is Royal Caribbean's last Radiance-class liner, with sisterships Brilliance, Radiance, Serenade. Radiance-class vessels are built in accordance with Panamax standards allowing them to transit through Panama Canal.
Vessel's construction was completed in 2004 at Meyer Werft Shipyard (Papenburg, Germany). The inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started on May 8, 2004. Ship's godmother was Kathy Mellor - winner of the "2004 National Teacher of the Year" prize. Kathy lives in Rhode Island (USA) and teaches English as a second language. The prize was given to her by President George W. Bush and his wife Laura Bush.
Like on all RCI ships, Jewel's Atrium is called "Centrum". The 9-deck high Atrium features floor-ceiling windows and vast interior spaces, allowing Jewel OTS to offer fantastic sea views. Ship's shopping area includes gorgeous jewelry store and also designer-branded boutiques.
Jewel OTS refurbishment 2016 review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment (March 21 – April 6) includes:
- New passenger accommodations were added – one 2-Bedroom Family Suite (category TS) plus a total of 24 oceanview and balcony cabins (on decks 2, 4, 9, 10 and 11).
- On deck 6, the Portofino restaurant was replaced by Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 12, the Seaview Cafe (104 seats, complimentary fast-food diner, and coffee bar with waiter service) was replaced by Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 6, Vintages (wine bar) replaced the Champagne Bar.
- On deck 4, the Seaside private dining room (starboard, 102 seats) was replaced by inside cabins.
- On deck 8, Explorer’s Court (small relaxation area) was replaced with 1 inside cabin.
- On deck 12, the RCI’s Nursery (Royal Babies & Tots) was added.
- Royal Caribbean’s digital signage boards were installed (numerous touch-screens throughout the ship). The Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to ship-wide. The fast-speed VOOM Internet is now available.
- Cabin renovations included new flat TVs in all passenger rooms.
- On Lido deck 11, a poolside outdoor theater (Jumbotron movie screen) was installed.
- On deck 13, the Hollywood Odyssey (70 seats Cigar Club & Lounge) was replaced by Concierge Club.
- Chops Grille, the Spa and retail shopping areas were redesigned and refreshed.
Jewel OTS refurbishment project’s total cost was around USD 30 million. The vessel is among the last RCI liners to benefit from the company’s expensive revitalization program for implementing Oasis-class features (facilities and amenities) fleetwide.
Jewel Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review