Brilliance Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Brilliance Of The Seas
|Year built||2002 / Age : 18|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||292 m / 958 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90090 gt|
|Passengers||2150 - 2580|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Jewel OTS, Radiance OTS, Serenade OTS|
|Christened by||Marilyn Ofer|
Brilliance Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Aug 09||12 days, round-trip Iceland & Norway Cruise||Amsterdam||$1820|
|2020 Aug 21||12 days, round-trip Baltic Cruise||Amsterdam||$1896|
|2020 Sep 02||15 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Boston||Amsterdam||$2550|
|2020 Sep 17||10 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1365|
|2020 Sep 27||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$614|
|2020 Oct 04||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$656|
|2020 Oct 11||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$668|
|2020 Oct 18||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$576|
|2020 Oct 25||11 days, one-way from Boston to Tampa||Boston||$774|
|2020 Nov 05||4 days, round-trip Flogging Mollys Salty Dog Cruise||Tampa|
|2020 Nov 09||5 days, round-trip Country Cruising Cruise||Tampa|
|2020 Nov 14||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$402|
|2020 Nov 19||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$427|
|2020 Nov 23||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$693|
|2020 Nov 28||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$492|
|2020 Dec 03||7 days, round-trip High Seas Rally Cruise||Tampa|
|2020 Dec 10||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$786|
|2020 Dec 17||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$492|
|2020 Dec 21||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$653|
|2020 Dec 26||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$968|
|2020 Dec 31||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$846|
|2021 Jan 04||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$460|
|2021 Jan 09||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$481|
|2021 Jan 14||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$471|
|2021 Jan 18||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$509|
|2021 Jan 23||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$481|
|2021 Jan 28||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$423|
|2021 Feb 01||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$460|
|2021 Feb 06||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$472|
|2021 Feb 11||5 days, round-trip Temptation Caribbean Cruise||Tampa|
|2021 Feb 16||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$401|
|2021 Feb 20||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$527|
|2021 Feb 25||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$526|
|2021 Mar 01||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$554|
|2021 Mar 06||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$595|
|2021 Mar 11||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$467|
|2021 Mar 15||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$534|
|2021 Mar 20||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$574|
|2021 Mar 25||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$467|
|2021 Mar 29||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$563|
|2021 Apr 03||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$574|
|2021 Apr 08||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$535|
|2021 Apr 12||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$567|
|2021 Apr 17||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$631|
|2021 Apr 22||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$522|
|2021 Apr 26||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Tampa||$567|
|2021 Sep 12||8 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$1058|
|2021 Sep 20||6 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$798|
|2021 Sep 26||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$928|
|2021 Oct 03||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$898|
|2021 Oct 10||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$898|
|2021 Oct 17||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$878|
|2021 Oct 24||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$868|
|2021 Oct 31||7 days, round-trip Canada Cruise||Boston||$858|
|2021 Nov 07||11 days, one-way from Boston to Tampa||Boston||$810|
Brilliance Of The Seas Review
Review of Brilliance Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 90,090-ton, 2,500-passenger cruise ship Brilliance of the Seas maintains a relatively low crew-to-guest ratio. The ship feels practically petite in comparison to her newer, bigger Oasis- and Voyager-class fleet mates. However, Brilliance is big enough to offer a variety of dining options and entertainment, yet small enough to offer more immersive itineraries than bigger Royal Caribbean vessels. Like all Radiance-class cruise ships, Brilliance of the Seas features glass throughout its interior (including glass elevators and a 5-story glass wall in the atrium), thus granting passengers plenty of ocean views.
Cruise itinerary program
Brilliance of the Seas itinerary program is based on roundtrip departures from Tampa FL to the Western Caribbean. During summer, Brilliance sails in Europe (Baltic Sea, departing from Harwich UK) and also offers Fall Foliage New England voyages from Boston to Canada, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Brilliance Of The Seas has a total of 1075 cabins (of which 64 Suites, 513 Balcony rooms) in 25 grades. Most of the Brilliance of the Seas staterooms are 165-195-sq.foot balcony rooms and 150-sq.foot insides (480). 15 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Brilliance of the Seas are the Royal Suites (950 ft2 /88 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Minstrel Dining Room is ship's main restaurant. Food is nicely presented and well prepared. The elegant room features tables on two levels and wonderful views of the vessel's wake. The menu offers several choices of salads, starters, soups, main courses, cheese, and desserts. The Windjammer Cafe is Brilliance's main buffet venue. It is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and informal dinner. Numerous stations serve up pasta, burgers, salads, and sweets. One interesting feature is the bar for soda, beer and wine purchases, nice because you don't have to wait for waiters, though the wine is in very little airline-style bottles which cost more than $6 each.
Follows the complete list of Brilliance of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Minstrel Restaurant (1226-seat aft Dining Room, with two smaller private dining rooms - 122-seat Zephyr and 32-seat Port Side
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (696-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Rita’s Cantina (84-seat Mexican restaurant)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Chops Grille (92-seat specialty restaurant)
- Chefs Table (12-seat gourmet dining room)
- Izumi (89-seat Asian specialty restaurant). At the Izumi restaurant, "Make Your Own Sushi" classes are also held. They are available for booking at an additional cost (USD 28 pp + 18% gratuity). The sushi-making class is guided by an Izumi chef, teaching the technique for making sushi rolls (3 different types). Passengers then can eat everything they made. included with this class is also a galley tour (of the ship's dining room restaurant's kitchen on Deck 4).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The tone aboard Brilliance of the Seas is set by the 7-deck-high Centrum, which serves as a central spot for activities in the heart of the ship. During the evenings, its Lobby Bar is the hottest spot on Brilliance for after-dinner dancing. The lavish, 2-deck Pacifica Theater hosts the production shows and games. The ship has a real modern feel and does a fine job in incorporating some of the best facilities that have become Royal Caribbean trademarks. Onboard cruisers will find classics like Schooner Bar and Windjammer Cafe, as well as a climbing wall up to the smokestack, tiny golf, and a waterslide. Other additions include the pretty Seaview Cafe and the rather avant-garde Starquest disco.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Brilliance of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Pacifica Theatre (900-seat, features two grand productions per night with dance, acrobatics, comedy, and game shows)
- Starquest Disco and Nightclub
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Card Room; Next Cruise Lounge;
- The Colony Club (381-seat; hosts Captain’s Welcome Party);
- Singapore Slings(105-seat
- Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Bar; Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only)
- R Bar (35-seat cocktail bar); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (34-seat specialty coffee bar, offers Seattle’s Best Coffee); King and Country English Pub (105-seat sports bar); Vintages Bar (wine bar); Schooner Bar (144-seat piano bar); Sky Bar
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol, and cigarettes)
- Scoreboard (53-seat cinema)
- Casino Royale (262-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 3 jacuzzis; 2 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Park Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor movie screen
- Video Games Arcade; Optix Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Fairways of Brilliance Golf Course.
- On Deck 12, the teen’s club Optix shares space with the new “Escape Room” (interactive escape-the-room games by Puzzle Break, via a partnership with ShowFX Inc). For 60-90 min, participants (6-12 players) are locked in the escape room. They must work together to solve puzzles, find hidden clues and eventually to find the key to escape the room - before the time runs out. The Puzzle Break game (named "A Royal Mystery") is complimentary.
Brilliance Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Brilliance Of The SeasAdd Photo
Brilliance Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean’s 2021-2022 season will bring passengers the biggest Caribbean adventure ever. Vacationers will benefit from shorter...November 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Greenock Ocean Terminal hosted two cruise ships today, July 23. The 90,000 GT-ton RCI-Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas and the 30,000 GT-ton...July 23, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced its tropical escapes for the 2020-2021 winter season. The cruise line is introducing diverse offerings throughout the...March 18, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Heavy fog over Tampa Bay has prompted Coast Guard to close parts of the Bay on Sunday, December 30, meaning cruise liners and other vessels could not...December 30, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean released the 2nd phase of its European itineraries for 2020. Six ships of Royal Caribbean had their 2020 voyages revealed, along with...December 20, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas is due to become the first in her class, as well as the world's largest, sailing from the Northeast. The cruise...December 13, 2018
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Brilliance Of The Seas Wiki
Ship's godmother was Marilyn Ofer (co-founder of "Eyal and Marilyn Ofer Foundation" supporting culture and education). The naming ceremony was on July 13, 2002, held in Port Harwich England (UK). Marilyn Ofer is also in the executive committee of "British Friends of the Art Museums of Israel" and "Holocaust Educational Trust". The inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started on July 19, 2002 - a 7-day Norwegian Fjords itinerary.
Ship's Captain is Erik Tengelsen.
Brilliance OTS refurbishment 2013 review
The list of deckplan changes during ship's drydock 2013 refurbishment includes:
- “Diamond Club” lounge was added on deck 13.
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theater) was installed.
- Cabin amenities were upgraded with flat TVs in all cruise accommodations.
- New restaurants were added – “Park Cafe” (complimentary deli on lido deck 11), “Chef’s Table” (private dining tour), Giovanni’s (Italian trattoria on deck 6), Izumi (Asian/Japanese cuisine, on deck 12), “Rita’s Cantina” (Mexican cuisine, on lido deck 11).
- A new “Centrum” program was implemented (daily entertainment, featuring aerial acrobatic shows).
- “R Bar” (1960s-themed) replaced the Lobby Bar on deck 4.
- “Vintages” Bar (wine bar) was added on deck 6.
- King & Country Pub replaced the Scoreboard Bar on deck 6.
- The library was moved from deck 9 to 5.
- Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery (Royal Babies and Tots) was added on deck 12.
Brilliance Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review