Spectrum Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Spectrum Of The Seas
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 750 million (USD 940 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||348 m / 1142 ft|
|Beam (width)||49 m / 161 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||168666 gt|
|Passengers||4246 - 4819|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Spectrum Of The Seas
Spectrum of the Seas cruise ship is Royal Caribbean’s first Quantum Ultra class vessel designed and built specifically for the Chinese market. Quantum Ultra is an upgraded (enlarged and enhanced) version of the Quantum-class ships Anthem, Quantum and Ovation.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is an US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The Spectrum ship is specifically designed for guests in China and Asia-Pacific region, and boasts cutting-edge and unprecedented amenities. Royal Caribbean has not yet revealed whether the newbuild will be larger than the 3 existing Quantum Class ships of the line. But it said in a press release that the Spectrum of the Seas ship would represent an evolution of the class.
Spectrum Of The Seas itinerary program is based on Asian cruises leaving from China (homeports Hong Kong and Shanghai). The inaugural cruise (16-night Suez Canal repositioning itinerary) is from Barcelona to Dubai (departure on April 18, 2019). The second repositioning cruise segment is from Dubai to Singapore (14-night voyage themed "Spice Route Cruise") departing on May 4, 2019.
The combined maiden voyage (51-day "Global Odyssey" Barcelona to Shanghai) visits ports in 13 countries. The relocation cruise is available in 5 segments. Cruises from Shanghai visit ports in Japan, Philippines and Far East Russia (Vladivostok). From Hong Kong and Shanghai are offered also mini cruises (4-day, one-port itineraries) to Vietnam (Danang) and to Japan (Naha or Kagoshima).
Most Spectrum of the Seas staterooms are balcony and 100-185-sq.foot insides. The largest aboard Spectrum of the Seas are the Ultimate Family Suites (2-Bedroom Loft Suites, 1640 ft2/152 m2 with 610 ft2/57 m2 balcony). The 2-story Family Suites feature 3D cinema and indoor slide.
The Golden Suites are a new cabin category with VIP amenities - exclusive dining room, bar lounge, sun deck. The “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Quantum's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Spectrum of the Seas was also designed with wheelchair-accessible cabins and virtual balconies (the interior features real-time views of the ocean and destinations).
Compared to the Oasis-class ships, Spectrum has larger staterooms, more connecting family cabins, new studio staterooms (for solo travelers). Spectrum is also RCI fleet's first boat with an exclusive suites-only complex. The enclave is located forward on decks 13-15-16 and consists of Golden- and Silver- categories suites grouped in a private complex. Golden and Silver passengers are provided with exclusive keycard access, private lift, exclusive restaurant and bar-lounge. Suites-exclusive amenities also include access to "The Balcony" (private sundeck area on Deck 16) and "The Boutique" (VIP shopping area on Deck 15, also providing information and booking of private / customized shopping tours ashore).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Passengers on Spectrum of the Seas are offered plenty dining options to choose from, with multiple choices for light bites as well. Reservations for all restaurants can be made online ahead of cruise. Though not required, reservations are definitely recommended to ensure guests get to eat where they want, when they want. Food and service at the main restaurants is varied and offers an array of experiences.
Follows the complete list of Spectrum of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- 2-level Main Dining Room restaurant (capacity 1844 seats) serves Chinese and International cuisine specialties with additional a la carte menu. Menus rotate each day of the voyage.
- Silver Dining (Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Golden Dining and Lounge (complimentary and exclusive / Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant)
- Wonderland’s Dadong is a Chinese restaurant via partnership with celebrity chef Dong Zhenxiang.
- Windjammer Marketplace buffet restaurant offers Early Breakfast., Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The restaurant is complimentary and approx 1/5 larger in comparison to Quantum-Class liners. Among the dishes offered at the buffet restaurant are noodles, pizzas by the slice, Teppanyaki (Japanese cuisine with iron griddle-cooked meals) and Chinese hot pot food.
- Chops Grille is a specialty steakhouse / seafood restaurant.
- Chef’s Table (14-guest capacity, gourmet private dining package)
- Jamie’s Italian Restaurant is via partnership with celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine is a specialty restaurant.
- The Cafe @ Two70° (casual dining marketplace)
- "Leaf and Bean" is a Cafe Restaurant / Patisserie / Coffee Shop / Tea Room offering traditional Chinese beverages and snacks, authentic teas, coffee drinks, fresh-baked pastries and gourmet desserts.
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining menu, ex-“Devinly Decadence”)
- Noodle Bar
- Splashaway Cafe (poolside indoor food bar)
- Sichuan Red (Chinese specialty restaurant) serves authentic cuisine specialties traditional for China's Sichuan province.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Guests on Spectrum of the Seas are free to enjoy 16 decks, with a top deck featuring solarium for adults, an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with a roof system and H2O Zone kids' aqua park. Additional facilities aboard the cruise ship include a surf simulator, a rock climbing wall measuring 40ft above the deck, a spa, a casino, and an outdoor movie screen.
Adrenaline junkies should first try the iFly by RipCord, Royal Caribbean's skydiving simulator. You'll need a reservation for iFly, as it's increasingly popular, but there is no fee. Nearby is the surf simulator, FlowRider. One of the most unique experiences to try out is the North Star, which is a jewel-shaped glass globe rising 300 feet above sea level. It provides great 360-degree views above the ship. North Star is free, but can be booked for special events for a fee.
The Royal Theater hosts the major production show onboard the Quantum, "Mamma Mia!," which features ABBA's greatest hits. The result is an exceptional show and spectacular event that makes everyone want to sing and dance along. The Quantum cruise ship boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - a themed programming in partnership with the Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet and greets (of course, plus photo ops).
Follows the complete list of Spectrum of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Royal Theater (1299-seat, features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances and Broadway-style productions)
- Music Hall (2-deck high live entertainment venue)
- Two70° Lounge (3-deck high relaxation observation lounge with live entertainment)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Concierge Club and Lounge (suite- and past guests only); Golden Room / Card Room
- Bionic Bar, NorthStar Bar, Schooner Bar (piano bar); Sky Bar; Vintages Wine Bar
- Royal Esplanade (an area between the boutique shops and restaurants on decks 4 and 5; part of it is “The Via” with the Vintages wine bar, Port Merchants and Jamie’s)
- Casino Royale; Casino VIP
- Star Moment (Karaoke Room)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
- Focus (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family and kids area; Kung Fu Panda
- SeaPlex (largest at sea sports complex, with roller skating, bumper cars, circus school, full-sized basketball court); North Star; FlowRider (surf simulator); RipCord by iFly; Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall
- Sky Pad topdeck aft-located bungee trampoline with optional virtual reality gaming headsets.
Spectrum Of The Seas wiki
- On June 24, 2017, Royal Caribbean (RCCL) filed a trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the vessel name "Spectrum of the Seas". In September 2014, RCCL trademarked "Spectrum of the Seas", but the trademark was abandoned on September 14, 2015.
- On August 16, 2017, was held the steel-cutting ceremony, marking the official start of the vessel's construction.
- On November 8, 2017, was the vessel's keel-laying ceremony held at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg Germany. Traditionally, newly-minted lucky coins were placed under the hull's first building block (out of all 74 blocks).
- All the vessel's mega-blocks (hull and superstructure) are constructed and pre-assembled at Neptun Werft in Rostock Germany). Then these mega-blocks are loaded (via hydraulics) onto pontoons and transported down Ems River to the shipyard in Papenburg.
- Spectrum is the first "Quantum Ultra" class cruise ship specifically designed for operations in Asia (China and Asia-Pacific regions).
- As of 2017, RCI had 6 ships on order (under construction).
On October 17, 2016, RCCL filed a trademark application with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the cruise ship name "Icon of the Seas". RCI previously announced the order of two vessels for the new Icon-class of ships (LNG-powered, with fuel cell technology).
The vessel names "Apex of the Seas" (serial number 87507244) and "Joy of the Seas" (serial number 87507232) were trademarked on June 27, 2017. Both names were previously registered on September 14, 2014, but abandoned a year later (September 14, 2015).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2019
Next tables show the liner's maiden voyages (segments of the "Spice Route" repositioning cruise from Europe to China) wit hprices per person (cheapest double-occupancy Interior Cabin rates).
16-day Suez Canal repositioning from Barcelona to Dubai - prices from USD 1050 pp
|18 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|20 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|21 Apr 07:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|23 Apr 09:00 - 19:00||Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|25 Apr 23:00 - 13:00||Suez Canal|
|27 Apr 08:00 - 20:00||Aqaba, Jordan|
|04 May||Arriving in Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
13-day repositioning from Dubai to Singapore - prices from USD 1050 pp
|05 May||Departing from Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
|06 May 09:00 - 17:00||Muscat, Oman|
|10 May 07:00 - 17:00||Cochin, India|
|16 May 07:00 - 17:00||Pulau Penang Island, Georgetown, Malaysia|
|17 May||Arriving in Singapore|
3-day Inaugural Asian cruise roundtrip from Singapore (themed "Tour Of Malaysia") - prices from USD 420 pp
|18 May||Departing from Singapore|
|19 May 10:00 - 19:00||Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|21 May||Arriving in Singapore|
9-day repositioning from Singapore to Shanghai - prices from USD 1130 pp
|25 May||Departing from Singapore|
|27 May 07:00 - 19:00||Phu My, Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam|
|28 May 09:00 - 18:00||Nha Trang, Vietnam|
|30 May 09:00 - 15:00||Hong Kong, China|
|03 Jun||Arriving in Shanghai, China|
7-day Inaugural Japan cruise roundtrip from China (themed "Best Of Japan") - prices from USD 15000 pp
|06 Jun||Departing from Shanghai, China|
|08 Jun 13:00 - 15:00||Kobe, Osaka-Kyoto, Japan|
|10 Jun 11:00 - 23:00||Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan|
|13 Jun||Arriving in Shanghai, China|
8-day Inaugural Japan and Russia cruise from China - prices from USD 1300 pp
|06 Sep||Departing from Shanghai, China|
|09 Sep 05:00 - 21:00||Vladivostok, Russia|
|11 Sep 06:00 - 18:00||Maizuru, Japan|
|12 Sep 12:00 - 21:00||Fukuoka, Hakata, Japan|
|14 Sep||Arriving in Shanghai, China|
4-day repositioning from Shanghai to Hong Kong - prices from USD 490 pp
|14 Dec||Departing from Shanghai, China|
|16 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Naha, Okinawa Island, Japan|
|18 Dec||Arriving in Hong Kong, China|
4-day Inaugural cruise roundtrip from Hong Kong (themed "Best Of Chan May") prices from USD 720 pp
|18 Dec||Departing from Hong Kong, China|
|20 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Da Nang, Vietnam|
|22 Dec||Arriving in Hong Kong, China|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Spectrum Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Spectrum Of The SeasAdd Photo
Spectrum Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Spectrum of the Seas is the first "Quantum Ultra" class cruise ship specifically designed for operations in Asia (China and Asia-Pacific regions...June 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The keel laying of Spectrum of the Seas was celebrated yesterday, November 8, In Papenburg, Germany. The keel-laying of Royal Caribbean's ship...November 9, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean marked the official start of construction by cutting the first steel for its newest Quantum Ultra ship at Meyer Werft shipyard in...August 16, 2017
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Spectrum Of The Seas Itineraries
The below listed Spectrum Of The Seas cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 18||16 days, one-way from Barcelona to Dubai||Barcelona||$3168|
|2019 May 04||14 days, one-way from Dubai to Singapore||Dubai||$1394|
|2019 May 18||3 days, round-trip Tour Of Malaysia||Singapore||$440|
|2019 May 21||4 days, round-trip Tour Of Malaysia||Singapore||$601|
|2019 May 25||9 days, one-way from Singapore to Shanghai||Singapore||$1287|
|2019 Jun 06||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan||Shanghai||$1294|
|2019 Jun 13||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$994|
|2019 Jun 17||5 days, round-trip Kumamoto & Fukuoka||Shanghai||$1089|
|2019 Jun 22||5 days, round-trip Kagoshima & Okinawa||Shanghai||$1126|
|2019 Jun 27||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki & Fukuoka||Shanghai||$1126|
|2019 Jul 02||5 days, round-trip Kagoshima & Nagasaki||Shanghai||$1619|
|2019 Jul 07||5 days, round-trip Okinawa & Nagasaki||Shanghai||$1619|
|2019 Jul 12||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki||Shanghai||$1200|
|2019 Jul 16||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan||Shanghai||$1878|
|2019 Jul 23||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka & Kagoshima||Shanghai||$1619|
|2019 Jul 28||5 days, round-trip Kagoshima & Okinawa||Shanghai||$1619|
|2019 Aug 02||4 days, round-trip Best Of Okinawa||Shanghai||$1200|
|2019 Aug 06||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka & Kagoshima||Shanghai||$1536|
|2019 Aug 11||4 days, round-trip Best Of Okinawa||Shanghai||$1200|
|2019 Aug 15||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka & Kagoshima||Shanghai||$1619|
|2019 Aug 20||4 days, round-trip Best Of Kagoshima||Shanghai||$1200|
|2019 Aug 24||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki||Shanghai||$1200|
|2019 Sep 01||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki & Okinawa||Shanghai||$1126|
|2019 Sep 06||8 days, round-trip Russia & Japan||Shanghai||$1106|
|2019 Sep 14||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki||Shanghai||$981|
|2019 Sep 18||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$981|
|2019 Sep 22||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki & Okinawa||Shanghai||$1126|
|2019 Sep 27||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki||Shanghai||$981|
|2019 Oct 01||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan||Shanghai||$2035|
|2019 Oct 08||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$911|
|2019 Oct 12||5 days, round-trip Okinawa & Nagasaki||Shanghai||$1025|
|2019 Oct 17||5 days, round-trip Kumamoto & Fukuoka||Shanghai||$1025|
|2019 Oct 22||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki & Kagoshima||Shanghai||$1025|
|2019 Oct 27||7 days, round-trip Best Of Japan||Shanghai||$1387|
|2019 Nov 03||4 days, round-trip Best Of Okinawa||Shanghai||$845|
|2019 Nov 07||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$881|
|2019 Nov 11||4 days, round-trip Best Of Okinawa||Shanghai||$845|
|2019 Nov 15||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$881|
|2019 Nov 19||5 days, round-trip Fukuoka & Kumamoto||Shanghai||$998|
|2019 Nov 24||7 days, round-trip Philippines & Japan||Shanghai||$1343|
|2019 Dec 01||4 days, round-trip Best Of Nagasaki||Shanghai||$771|
|2019 Dec 05||4 days, round-trip Best Of Fukuoka||Shanghai||$803|
|2019 Dec 09||5 days, round-trip Nagasaki & Kagoshima||Shanghai||$950|
|2019 Dec 14||4 days, one-way from Shanghai to Hong Kong||Shanghai||$692|
|2019 Dec 18||4 days, round-trip Best Of Chan May||Hong Kong||$1040|
|2019 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Japan & Philippines||Hong Kong||$2269|
|2019 Dec 29||4 days, round-trip Best Of Chan May||Hong Kong||$1303|
|2020 Jan 02||7 days, round-trip Japan & Philippines||Hong Kong||$1611|
|2020 Jan 09||5 days, round-trip Best Of Vietnam||Hong Kong||$1261|
|2020 Jan 14||4 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Shanghai||Hong Kong||$733|