Grandeur Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Grandeur Of The Seas
|Year built||1996 / Age : 22|
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 280 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||279 m / 915 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||73817 gt|
|Passengers||1994 - 2393|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Aviva Ofer|
Current itinerary of Grandeur Of The Seas
Grandeur Of The Seas current cruise is 12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean. Prices start from USD 949 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 01 Dec, 2018 and ends on 13 Dec, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|01 Dec 16:00||Departing from Baltimore, Maryland|
|05 Dec 09:00 - 18:00||Saint Croix Island, Frederiksted-Christiansted, USVI|
|06 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||St Johns, Antigua|
|07 Dec 09:00 - 18:00||Castries, St Lucia Island|
|08 Dec 09:00 - 18:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|09 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|13 Dec 07:00||Arriving in Baltimore, Maryland|
Review of Grandeur Of The Seas
Launched in 1996, Grandeur of the Seas is the 3rd Vision-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Vision, Legend (now Marella Discovery 2), Enchantment, Rhapsody and Splendour (now Marella Discovery).
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is an US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 73,817-ton, 1,950-passenger Grandeur of the Seas is one of Royal Caribbean's older cruise liners. However, passengers would never know it from ship's sleek public areas: a grand Art Deco-inspired dining venue, glitzy Palladium Theater and a sweeping 6-story atrium. The 2012 refurb gave Grandeur a new life. Royal Caribbean spent millions to add Oasis-class features to ships which lack in balconies, dining variety, and all the latest perks of the line. Post-makeover, Grandeur of the Seas now sports updated staterooms, including shipwide Wi-Fi and flat-screen TV's. Specialty dining venues, a redesigned atrium and an outdoor movie screen all give guests more ways to enjoy time onboard. Browse daily restaurant menus and activity schedules by digital "Wayfinder" signage - large touch-screens by the elevators, which also help find directions and are incredibly helpful when you can't remember whether you're aft or forward on the ship.
Cruise itinerary program
Grandeur of the Seas itinerary program is based on Canada, Bermuda and Caribbean cruises from Baltimore MD. Feature port destinations include Nassau Bahamas, Cozumel Mexico, Jamaica, Florida (Key West and Port Canaveral), as well as Coco Cay (the private island of Royal Caribbean in the Bahamas).
Grandeur Of The Seas has a total of 975 cabins (of which 94 Suites, 118 Balcony rooms) in 22 grades. Most Grandeur of the Seas staterooms are 130-145-sq.foot insides (405). 14 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Grandeur of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1090 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
For a quick bite choose Grandeur's Windjammer Marketplace. It's set up in various stations, so you can grab everything from cheeses and pizza to carved meats and dessert. Beginning at 3 p.m., an afternoon tea is offered there each day. During busy times, it's difficult to find tables. For more formal dining, better check out the two-level Great Gatsby dining room. It's open daily from 7 to 9:30 a.m. for breakfast and from noon to 1:30 p.m. for lunch (when it's converted into a Brasserie 30 restaurant, which serves excellent dishes like shells with pesto sauce). Set-seating dining times are 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Passengers can opt for anytime dining, which allows to avoid set tablemates and eat between 6 and 9:30 p.m. The alternative dining venues onboard Grandeur of the Seas include the Chops Grille (which carries a fee of $30 per person), Giovanni's Table Italian restaurant (serves family-style dishes for $15 per person at lunch, and dinner for $20) and Izumi (mostly Japanese food and sushi restaurant, with a service charge in addition to a la carte fees for menu items). The Viking Crown Lounge serves tapas-style small bites, but if you are a serious foodie, better consider the Chef's Table exclusive experience. You'll pay $95 for five-course, wine-paired dinner hosted by Grandeur's executive chef and sommelier, and it's worth the price.
Follows the complete list of Grandeur of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Great Gatsby Restaurant (1039-seat aft Dining Room; offers Brasserie 30 lunch on seadays; Chef's Table)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (790-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (74-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant)
- Park Cafe (68-seat deli restaurant; complimentary - serves the Solarium area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The shows in Grandeur's Palladium (main theater), are designed around the dining times. Grandeur of the Seas boasts a library with an honor checkout system, a rock wall with different areas for climbers of various skills, two shuffle board courts, a photo shop and several stores specialized in jewelry, souvenirs, cigarettes, cigars and liquor. There are also many themed bars and lounges, including a pool deck bar, Schooner, Viking Lounge, South Pacific Lounge and a piano area. The open atrium is called the Centrum and stretches from deck 4 to deck 10. Several youth facilities are scattered around the ship, including a teen nightclub and an arcade area. A special edition of "The Compass" named "Explorations" is published specifically for kids. Most enrichment consists of activities like gaming lessons in the casino and dance classes in the disco, free of charge. If you expect lectures and the like, Grandeur of the Seas probably is not the ship for you. The line offers a number of shore excursions through its "Explorations!" desk. Glass-bottom boat trips and sightseeing tours are very popular, as are beach excursions, but have in mind that you may be able to access some of the beaches for free or for a lower price if you go on your own.
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Adventure Ocean (Youth program), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Grandeur of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Palladium Theater (870-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (6-deck atrium and social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Card Room; South Pacific Lounge (328-seat show entertainment lounge); Diamond Club and Lounge; Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Nightclub
- R Bar (43-seat cocktail bar); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (36-seat specialty coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); Ben and Jerry’s (ice cream bar); Schooner Bar (133-seat piano bar)
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (282-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 6 jacuzzis; 3 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Video Games Arcade; FantaSeas Teen Center and Disco Club; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall.
Grandeur Of The Seas wiki
- Grandeur was built in 1996, by the Finnish shipbuilder Kvaerner Masa. The construction was completed on the 20th of November, 1996. Godmother of the vessel is Aviva Ofer, wife of Sammy Ofer and mother of Eyal Ofer, a member of the Board of Directors of the Royal Caribbean company. The ceremony took place on the 13th of December, 1996 in Miami. On the 14th of December, 1996, the Grandeur ship began her maiden voyage to Caribbean basin.
- The RCI ships Grandeur and Enchantment were the first ships with Dynamic Positioning System.
- Grandeur was extensively refurbished in 2012. During the 2012 drydock upgrade, her colors were revived looking brighter and warmer. The new amenities added to the Grandeur ship were the Park Cafe, the R Bar, the outdoor huge movie screen, the Giovanni’s Table, the Chops Grille, the Izumi restaurant, the Centrum's aerial entertainment and the shipwide Wi-Fi.
- The relatively smaller in size Grandeur has the seven decks high "Centrum", a distinctive feature of all the older Royal Caribbean ships. The Viking Crown Lounge is located right on top of it – your perfect place to enjoy glorious sunshine and landscape views. The design of the Grandeur's cabins makes them to look bigger than their actual size. Inside their bathrooms there are also medicine cabinets along with all the line's feature bath amenities.
Grandeur Of The Seas refurbishment 2013 review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's drydock 2013 refurbishment includes:
- cabin upgrades (flat TVs, bathrooms, new interiors, linens, furniture)
- complimentary “Park Cafe” (deli)
- “Chef’s Table” (gourmet dining package)
- “Chops Grille” (steakhouse)
- “Giovanni’s” (Italian cuisine)
- “Izumi” (Asian/Japanese cuisine)
- new “Centrum” program (aerial acrobatic spectacles)
- “R Bar” (1960s themed)
- “Viking Crown” (received new a la carte menu)
- New lounges (“Concierge” and “Diamond”) were added.
Grandeur Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Grandeur Of The SeasAdd Photo
Grandeur Of The Seas ship related cruise news
Nearly 50 people fell sick on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that departed Baltimore, delaying its return. According to Royal Caribbean spokesman...January 12, 2018
Royal Caribbean informed passengers scheduled to sail onboard Grandeur of the Seas, that the next cruise will be delayed due to immediate repair need...January 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The winter storm in the northeastern United States is affecting transportation for millions of people, and is also disrupting a number of cruise...January 5, 2018
Rescue crews from 920th Rescue Wing at Patrick Air Force Base have assisted in evacuating a passenger suffering from appendicitis on Royal Caribbean...November 10, 2017
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) stepped in during a cruise ship medical emergency, as 2 passengers had to be evacuated from a Royal Caribbean ship...April 12, 2017
The Coast Guard medevacked a man from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship off the North Carolina coast on Tuesday, March 28. Watchstanders in the 5th...March 30, 2017
The Coast Guard has medevaced a man from a cruise ship on Tuesday about 48 km (30 mi) east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Notification was...February 16, 2017
A lifeboat from Royal Caribbean Cruises ship fell off while docked in Charleston harbor. The Coast Guard was informed at about 1 pm on Monday...January 18, 2017
On Saturday afternoon (August 20), police received a report of death onboard Grandeur of the Seas in Dockyard (Kings Wharf, Bermuda), with a 45-year...August 22, 2016
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Grandeur Of The Seas Itineraries
The below listed Grandeur Of The Seas cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 10||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore|
|2018 Nov 22||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$499|
|2018 Dec 01||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$949|
|2018 Dec 13||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$499|
|2018 Dec 22||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribb Holiday||Baltimore||$1279|
|2019 Jan 03||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$499|
|2019 Jan 12||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$829|
|2019 Jan 24||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$449|
|2019 Feb 02||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$829|
|2019 Feb 14||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$629|
|2019 Feb 23||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore|
|2019 Mar 07||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore|
|2019 Mar 16||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore|
|2019 Mar 22||6 days, round-trip Bahamas||Baltimore||$379|
|2019 Mar 28||9 days, round-trip Southeast Coast & Bahamas||Baltimore||$599|
|2019 Apr 06||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore|
|2019 Apr 18||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$649|
|2019 Apr 25||7 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$629|
|2019 May 02||9 days, round-trip Bermuda & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$799|
|2019 May 11||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$649|
|2019 May 16||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$899|
|2019 May 25||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$669|
|2019 May 30||9 days, round-trip Bermuda & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$849|
|2019 Jun 08||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$699|
|2019 Jun 13||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$899|
|2019 Jun 22||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$779|
|2019 Jun 27||9 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$1180|
|2019 Jul 06||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$699|
|2019 Jul 11||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$848|
|2019 Jul 20||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$699|
|2019 Jul 25||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$849|
|2019 Aug 03||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$650|
|2019 Aug 08||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$899|
|2019 Aug 17||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$629|
|2019 Aug 22||9 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$759|
|2019 Aug 31||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$449|
|2019 Sep 05||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$799|
|2019 Sep 14||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$429|
|2019 Sep 19||9 days, round-trip Bermuda & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$629|
|2019 Sep 28||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$429|
|2019 Oct 03||9 days, round-trip Canada & New England||Baltimore||$849|
|2019 Oct 12||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$399|
|2019 Oct 17||9 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$650|
|2019 Oct 26||5 days, round-trip Bermuda||Baltimore||$399|
|2019 Nov 08||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Perfect Day||Baltimore|
|2019 Nov 16||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$499|
|2019 Nov 23||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$499|
|2019 Nov 30||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$829|
|2019 Dec 12||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$499|
|2019 Dec 20||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Bahamas Holiday||Baltimore||$649|
|2019 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip South East Coast & Bahamas Holiday||Baltimore||$599|
|2020 Jan 04||7 days, round-trip Bahamas & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$466|
|2020 Jan 11||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$839|
|2020 Jan 31||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$559|
|2020 Feb 08||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$839|
|2020 Feb 28||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$587|
|2020 Mar 07||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$839|
|2020 Mar 19||8 days, round-trip South East Coast & Perfect Day||Baltimore||$606|
|2020 Apr 04||12 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Baltimore||$839|