Odyssey Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Odyssey Of The Seas
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 750 million (USD 940 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||348 m / 1142 ft|
|Beam (width)||49 m / 161 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||168666 gt|
|Passengers||4246 - 4819|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Spectrum Of The Seas|
Review of Odyssey Of The Seas
Odyssey of the Seas cruise ship is Royal Caribbean’s second Quantum-Ultra class vessel with sistership Spectrum OTS (2019). Quantum-Ultra is an upgraded (enlarged and enhanced) version of the Quantum-class ships Anthem OTS, Quantum OTS and Ovation OTS. Odyssey OTS is scheduled for inauguration in November 2020.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
Odyssey Of The Seas itinerary program is not officially announced, but what is known so far is that the ship will be homeported in Florida USA (Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale) and initially deployed in the Caribbean. At the beginning of its inaugural cruise season (before the Transatlantic repositioning crossing from Europe) the liner will visit UK (Port Southampton).
Odyssey OTS' inaugural cruise (maiden Caribbean voyage) from the USA starts on November 5, 2020. The roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale is a 4-night Bahamas itinerary to Nassau and CocoCay, and priced ~USD 920 per person (double occupancy). Ship's Caribbean season (Nov 2020 through April 2021) is based on 5-6-7-8-day roundtrip itineraries to Eastern-Western-Southern Caribbean ports, including in Mexico (Cozumel), Jamaica (Falmouth), Labadee (Haiti), St Thomas (USVI), Puerto Rico (San Juna), Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao.
Most Odyssey OTS staterooms are balcony and 100-185-ft2 insides. The largest (Ultimate Family Suites / 2-Bedroom Loft Suites) are sized 1640 ft2 (152 m2) with 610 ft2 (57 m2) balcony. The 2-story Family Suites feature 3D cinema and indoor slide.
"Golden Suite" is a new cabin category with VIP amenities - exclusive dining room, bar-lounge, sundeck. The “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Quantum's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Odyssey OTS also has wheelchair-accessible cabins and virtual balconies (interior rooms with real-time oceanviews).
Compared to the Oasis-class ships, Odyssey has larger staterooms, more connecting family cabins, new studio staterooms (for solo travellers). Odyssey is also RCI fleet's second liner with an exclusive suites-only complex. The enclave is located forward on decks 13-15-16 and consists of Golden- and Silver- categories suites grouped in a private complex. Golden and Silver passengers are provided with exclusive keycard access, private lift, exclusive restaurant, and bar-lounge. Suites-exclusive amenities also include access to "The Balcony" (private sundeck area on Deck 16) and "The Boutique" (VIP shopping area on Deck 15, also providing information and booking of private/customized shopping tours ashore).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Passengers on Odyssey of the Seas are offered plenty of dining options to choose from, with multiple choices for light bites as well. Reservations for all restaurants can be made online ahead of the cruise. Though not required, reservations are definitely recommended to ensure guests get to eat where they want, when they want. Food and service at the main restaurants are varied and offers an array of experiences.
Follows the complete list of Odyssey of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- 3-level Main Dining Room restaurant (capacity 1844 seats) also serves a la carte menu. Regular menus rotate each day of the voyage.
- Silver Dining (Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Golden Dining and Lounge (complimentary and exclusive / Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant)
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine (reservations-only specialty restaurant on 2 levels - overlooking the stern and served by its own bar / on upper level)
- Windjammer Marketplace is the buffet restaurant offering Early Breakfast, Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The restaurant is complimentary and approx 1/5 larger in comparison to Quantum-Class liners. Among the dishes offered at the buffet restaurant are noodles, pizzas by the slice, Teppanyaki (Japanese cuisine with iron griddle-cooked meals) and Chinese hot pot food.
- Chops Grille (specialty restaurant - steakhouse and seafood)
- Chef’s Table (14-guest capacity, gourmet private dining package)
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen (specialty restaurant and Wine Bar)
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine (specialty restaurant)
- The Cafe at Two70 (casual dining marketplace)
- "Leaf and Bean" is a Cafe Restaurant / Patisserie / Coffee Shop selling beverages and snacks, authentic teas, coffee drinks, fresh-baked pastries, gourmet desserts.
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining menu, ex-“Devinly Decadence”)
- Noodle Bar
- Splashaway Cafe (poolside indoor food bar)
- Sichuan Red (Asian specialty restaurant)
- Lime and Coconut (2-deck bar with swimming pool views)
- El Loco Fresh (grab-and-go Mexican food / tacos, burritos, quesadillas, fresh-made salsas)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Odyssey OTS has 16 passenger-accessible decks and popular (RCI signature) facilities and venues like the top-deck forward Solarium (adults-only complex), pool deck with 4 whirlpools and 2 swimming pools (covered by a glass dome / retractable roof), Splashaway Bay (kids aqua park with waterslides, water cannons, fountains, toys), FloRider (surf simulator), Rock-Climbing Wall (40 ft / 12 m above deck), 2-deck wellness complex (spa and fitness), casino, outdoor theater (huge LED screen for movies nightly and live media streaming daily).
All Quantum-Ultra ships have the unique facilities "iFly by RipCord" (skydiving simulator), "North Star" (rotating glass capsule 300 ft / 92 m above sea level) and SkyPad (bungee trampoline). North Star is at a fee (and reservations-only) and also can be privately booked (for special events). At "iFly by RipCord", each passenger is provided with goggles, helmet, and jumpsuit before jumping into the chamber (1-min sessions). These vessels also have Bionic Bar where "bartending robots" mix up cocktails ordered via a tablet.
Follows the complete list of Odyssey of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Royal Theater (1299-seat, features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances, and Broadway-style productions). The Royal Theater hosts the grand-production show "Mamma Mia!" featuring ABBA's greatest hits. The result is an exceptional show and spectacular event that makes everyone want to dance and sing along.
- Music Hall (2-deck high live entertainment venue)
- Two70° Lounge (3-deck high relaxation observation lounge with live entertainment and 270-degree window walls transforming nightly into a huge video screen / projection surface with Vistarama technology)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Concierge Club and Lounge (suite- and past guests only); Golden Room / Card Room
- Bionic Bar, NorthStar Bar, Schooner Bar (piano bar); Sky Bar; Vintages Wine Bar
- Royal Esplanade (an area between the boutique shops and restaurants on decks 4 and 5; part of it is “The Via” with the Vintages wine bar, Port Merchants and Jamie’s)
- Casino Royale; Casino VIP
- Star Moment (Karaoke Room)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
- Focus (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Solarium Lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar, adults-only pool and sundeck area); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family and kids area; Kung Fu Panda
- SeaPlex (largest at sea sports complex, with roller-skating, bumper cars, circus school, full-sized basketball court); North Star; FlowRider (surf simulator); RipCord by iFly; Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall
- Sky Pad topdeck aft-located bungee trampoline with optional virtual reality gaming headsets
- Playmakers Sports Bar and Arcade (part of SeaPlex) has large HDTVs (for live sporting) and serves fast food favourites (burgers, buffalo wings, sliders) and various beverages, including a large selection of beers (international and domestic). Here can be played popular board games, arcade and trivia games, darts, billiards. The Playmakers Bar has a dedicated Owner’s Box (VIP seating area).
- SeaPlex also doubles as a laser-tag arena hosting the "Clash for the Crystal City" - Royal Caribbean's team gaming experiences.
Odyssey Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Odyssey Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced summer 2021 cruises in Europe with 70% new itineraries that feature a mix of destinations on 7 ships. All of the...November 19, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean’s newest ship - Odyssey of the Seas, is expected to feature the most action-packed top deck in the fleet along with a number of...October 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean will dial up its adventures in South Florida in fall next year with the debut of Odyssey of the Seas which is expected to become the...September 16, 2019
- Cruise Industry
On May 3, 2019, Royal Caribbean marked a major milestone in the development of its Odyssey of the Seas. Scheduled for delivery in fall 2020, the new...May 5, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean cut the first steel for its 2nd Quantum Ultra Class ship. The company announced that the name of the new build will be Odyssey of the...February 2, 2019
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Odyssey Of The Seas Wiki
On February 1, 2019, was held the steel-cutting ceremony, with which officially started vessel's construction at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg Germany. Vessel's keel-laying ceremony (May 3, 2019) was attended by RCI representatives. Stephan Schmees (Meyer Werft's Executive Project Management) placed the traditional lucky coin under ship's first block before the keel was lowered into position. This first (keel) block weighs 970 tons. The assembly process includes a total of 79 blocks (hull and superstructure). All these mega-blocks were constructed and pre-assembled at Neptun Werft Shipyard (Rostock Germany), then loaded (via hydraulics) onto pontoons and transported down Ems River to the Papenburg Shipyard.
Vessel's powerplant (hull module plus the engines) was delivered (barged into the shipyard) on September 4, 2019.
Odyssey is the second "Quantum-Ultra" class and fleet's 27th liner. Unlike the sistership Spectrum (deployed in Asia, scheduled debut in April 2019), Odyssey OTS will be homeported in the USA.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2020-2021
Next tables show the ship's inaugural itineraries (maiden voyages) with indicative lowest prices (per person, in USD) based on double occupancy cabin rates. All departures are roundtrips from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale FL).
(2020) 4-day "The Inaugural" (maiden voyage) - from USD 620 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 Nov 17:30||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|06 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas|
|07 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||CocoCay, Bahamas private island|
|09 Nov 05:30||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
(2020) 5-day inaugural "Western Caribbean and Perfect Day" itinerary - from USD 620 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|09 Nov 16:30||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|11 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|13 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||CocoCay, Bahamas private island|
|14 Nov 06:15||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
(2020) 6-day inaugural "Western Caribbean and Perfect Day" itinerary - from USD 750 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Nov 16:30||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|15 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||CocoCay, Bahamas private island|
|17 Nov 07:00 - 16:00||Falmouth, Jamaica|
|18 Nov 09:30 - 18:00||Labadee, Haiti private island|
|20 Nov 06:15||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
(2020) 8-day inaugural Southern Caribbean itinerary - from USD 1150 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|20 Nov 20:00||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|23 Nov 08:00 - 23:59||Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles|
|24 Nov 08:00 - 20:00||Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles|
|26 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Labadee, Haiti private island resort|
|28 Nov 06:15||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
(2021) 7-day inaugural "Western Caribbean and Perfect Day" itinerary - from USD 850 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|09 Jan 17:00||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|10 Jan 07:00 - 17:00||CocoCay, Bahamas private island|
|12 Jan 07:00 - 18:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|13 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Roatan Island, Honduras|
|14 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Costa Maya, Mexico|
|16 Jan 06:15||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
(2021) 7-day inaugural Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day" itinerary - from USD 970 pp
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Jan 17:00||Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|17 Jan 07:00 - 15:30||CocoCay, Bahamas private island|
|19 Jan 11:00 - 19:00||St Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|20 Jan 07:00 - 15:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|21 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Labadee, Haiti private island|
|23 Jan 06:15||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Odyssey Of The Seas Itineraries
The below listed Odyssey Of The Seas cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Nov 05||4 days, round-trip The Inaugural - Bahamas||Fort Lauderdale||$676|
|2020 Nov 09||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$592|
|2020 Nov 14||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$714|
|2020 Nov 20||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1087|
|2020 Nov 28||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$714|
|2020 Dec 04||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1050|
|2020 Dec 12||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$695|
|2020 Dec 18||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Holiday||Fort Lauderdale||$1843|
|2020 Dec 26||9 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$2194|
|2021 Jan 04||5 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$732|
|2021 Jan 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$791|
|2021 Jan 16||7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$922|
|2021 Jan 23||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$714|
|2021 Jan 29||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1087|
|2021 Feb 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$760|
|2021 Feb 12||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1152|
|2021 Feb 20||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$760|
|2021 Feb 26||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1152|
|2021 Mar 06||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$798|
|2021 Mar 12||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1274|
|2021 Mar 20||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$835|
|2021 Mar 26||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1274|
|2021 Apr 03||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean & Perfect Day||Fort Lauderdale||$844|
|2021 Apr 09||8 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||Fort Lauderdale||$1106|
Odyssey Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review