Odyssey Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Odyssey Of The Seas
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 750 million (USD 940 million)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||348 m / 1142 ft|
|Beam (width)||49 m / 161 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||168666 gt|
|Passengers||4246 - 4819|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Spectrum Of The Seas|
Review of Odyssey Of The Seas
Odyssey of the Seas cruise ship is Royal Caribbean’s second Quantum-Ultra class vessel with sistership Spectrum of the Seas (2019). Quantum-Ultra is an upgraded (enlarged and enhanced) version of the Quantum-class ships Anthem, Quantum, and Ovation. Odyssey OTS is scheduled for 2020-Q3.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand, and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
Odyssey Of The Seas itinerary program is not officially announced, but what is known so far is that the ship will be homeported in the USA and most probably deployed in the Caribbean. At the beginning of its inaugural cruise season (before the Transatlantic repositioning crossing from Europe) the liner will visit UK (Port Southampton).
Most Odyssey OTS staterooms are balcony and 100-185-ft2 insides. The largest (Ultimate Family Suites / 2-Bedroom Loft Suites) are sized 1640 ft2 (152 m2) with 610 ft2 (57 m2) balcony. The 2-story Family Suites feature 3D cinema and indoor slide.
"Golden Suite" is a new cabin category with VIP amenities - exclusive dining room, bar-lounge, sundeck. The “Royal Suite Class” booking category (suite accommodations only) provides Quantum's highest paying passengers with the ultimate all-inclusive cruise experience of Royal Caribbean, marked by Coastal Kitchen exclusive access, 24-hour personal butler service, included gratuities, all-inclusive drinks, free Internet and thermal suite unlimited access. Odyssey OTS also has wheelchair-accessible cabins and virtual balconies (interior rooms with real-time oceanviews).
Compared to the Oasis-class ships, Odyssey has larger staterooms, more connecting family cabins, new studio staterooms (for solo travellers). Odyssey is also RCI fleet's second liner with an exclusive suites-only complex. The enclave is located forward on decks 13-15-16 and consists of Golden- and Silver- categories suites grouped in a private complex. Golden and Silver passengers are provided with exclusive keycard access, private lift, exclusive restaurant, and bar-lounge. Suites-exclusive amenities also include access to "The Balcony" (private sundeck area on Deck 16) and "The Boutique" (VIP shopping area on Deck 15, also providing information and booking of private/customized shopping tours ashore).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Passengers on Odyssey of the Seas are offered plenty of dining options to choose from, with multiple choices for light bites as well. Reservations for all restaurants can be made online ahead of the cruise. Though not required, reservations are definitely recommended to ensure guests get to eat where they want, when they want. Food and service at the main restaurants are varied and offers an array of experiences.
Follows the complete list of Odyssey of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- 3-level Main Dining Room restaurant (capacity 1844 seats) also serves a la carte menu. Regular menus rotate each day of the voyage.
- Silver Dining (Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Golden Dining and Lounge (complimentary and exclusive / Suite-passengers only) complimentary restaurant
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi speciality restaurant)
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine is a reservations-only speciality restaurant (on 2 levels) overlooking the stern and served by its own bar (on upper level).
- Windjammer Marketplace is the buffet restaurant offering Early Breakfast, Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The restaurant is complimentary and approx 1/5 larger in comparison to Quantum-Class liners. Among the dishes offered at the buffet restaurant are noodles, pizzas by the slice, Teppanyaki (Japanese cuisine with iron griddle-cooked meals) and Chinese hot pot food.
- Chops Grille is a speciality steakhouse/seafood restaurant.
- Chef’s Table (14-guest capacity, gourmet private dining package)
- Jamie’s Italian Restaurant is via a partnership with celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine is a specialty restaurant.
- The Cafe @ Two70° (casual dining marketplace)
- "Leaf and Bean" is a Cafe Restaurant / Patisserie / Coffee Shop selling beverages and snacks, authentic teas, coffee drinks, fresh-baked pastries, gourmet desserts.
- Solarium Bistro (healthy dining menu, ex-“Devinly Decadence”)
- Noodle Bar
- Splashaway Cafe (poolside indoor food bar)
- Sichuan Red (Asian speciality restaurant)
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Guests on Odyssey of the Seas are free to enjoy 16 decks, with a top deck featuring solarium for adults, an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with a roof system and H2O Zone kids' aqua park. Additional facilities aboard the cruise ship include a surf simulator, a rock climbing wall measuring 40ft above the deck, a spa, a casino, and an outdoor movie screen.
Anthem OTS (and all Quantum-Class liners) feature as unique facilities "iFly by RipCord" (skydiving simulator at a fee, reservations are required) and "North Star" (jewel-shaped glass capsule) rising 300 ft (92 m) above sea level for 360-degree views above the ship. North Star is at a fee and also can be privately booked (for special events). At "iFly by RipCord", each passenger is fitted with goggles, helmet, and jumpsuit before jumping into the chamber (1-min sessions). These vessels also have Bionic Bar where "bartending robots" mix up cocktails ordered via a tablet.
Follows the complete list of Odyssey of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Royal Theater (1299-seat, features 3D Movies, aerial acrobatic performances, and Broadway-style productions). The Royal Theater hosts the grand-production show "Mamma Mia!" featuring ABBA's greatest hits. The result is an exceptional show and spectacular event that makes everyone want to dance and sing along.
- Music Hall (2-deck high live entertainment venue)
- Two70° Lounge (3-deck high relaxation observation lounge with live entertainment)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; SeaTrek Shop (diving equipment)
- Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Concierge Club and Lounge (suite- and past guests only); Golden Room / Card Room
- Bionic Bar, NorthStar Bar, Schooner Bar (piano bar); Sky Bar; Vintages Wine Bar
- Royal Esplanade (an area between the boutique shops and restaurants on decks 4 and 5; part of it is “The Via” with the Vintages wine bar, Port Merchants and Jamie’s)
- Casino Royale; Casino VIP
- Star Moment (Karaoke Room)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks speciality coffee)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
- Focus (Photo Gallery and Shop)
- Solarium lounge (includes Solarium Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area); Solarium Bar
- Video Games Arcade; The Living Room and Night Club teen areas; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area; Workshop (family venue); H2O Zone family and kids area; Kung Fu Panda
- SeaPlex (largest at sea sports complex, with roller skating, bumper cars, circus school, full-sized basketball court); North Star; FlowRider (surf simulator); RipCord by iFly; Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall
- Sky Pad topdeck aft-located bungee trampoline with optional virtual reality gaming headsets.
Odyssey Of The Seas wiki
On February 1, 2019, was held the steel-cutting ceremony, with which officially started vessel's construction at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg Germany. Vessel's keel-laying ceremony (May 3, 2019) was attended by RCI representatives. Stephan Schmees (Meyer Werft's Executive Project Management) placed the traditional lucky coin under ship's first block before the keel was lowered into position. This first (keel) block weighs 970 tons. The assembly process includes a total of 79 blocks (hull and superstructure). All these mega-blocks were constructed and pre-assembled at Neptun Werft Shipyard (Rostock Germany), then loaded (via hydraulics) onto pontoons and transported down Ems River to the Papenburg Shipyard.
Odyssey is the second "Quantum-Ultra" class and fleet's 27th liner. Unlike the sistership Spectrum (deployed in Asia, scheduled debut in April 2019), Odyssey OTS will be homeported in the USA.
Odyssey Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Odyssey Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
On May 3, 2019, Royal Caribbean marked a major milestone in the development of its Odyssey of the Seas. Scheduled for delivery in fall 2020, the new...May 5, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean cut the first steel for its 2nd Quantum Ultra Class ship. The company announced that the name of the new build will be Odyssey of the...February 2, 2019
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Odyssey Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review