Radiance Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Radiance Of The Seas
|Year built||2001 / Age: 19|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 350 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||90090 gt|
|Passengers||2122 - 2546|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Brilliance OTS, Jewel OTS, Serenade OTS|
|Christened by||Margot L. Pritzker|
Radiance Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Jan 04||11 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$3051|
|2021 Jan 15||3 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$548|
|2021 Jan 18||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$1390|
|2021 Jan 27||7 days, round-trip Queensland Cruise||Brisbane||$981|
|2021 Feb 03||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$1972|
|2021 Feb 12||3 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$915|
|2021 Feb 15||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$776|
|2021 Feb 24||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$1972|
|2021 Mar 05||8 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$753|
|2021 Mar 13||2 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$673|
|2021 Mar 15||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$846|
|2021 Mar 24||7 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$900|
|2021 Mar 31||8 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$1074|
|2021 Apr 08||8 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$867|
|2021 Apr 16||16 days, one-way from Brisbane to Honolulu||Brisbane||$1824|
|2021 May 02||10 days, one-way from Honolulu to Vancouver||Honolulu||$2087|
|2021 May 12||9 days, round-trip Alaska Intensive Cruise||Vancouver||$1199|
|2021 May 21||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$3898|
|2021 May 28||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$749|
|2021 Jun 04||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$999|
|2021 Jun 11||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$899|
|2021 Jun 18||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1999|
|2021 Jun 25||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$799|
|2021 Jul 02||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$3648|
|2021 Jul 09||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1199|
|2021 Jul 16||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1899|
|2021 Jul 23||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1019|
|2021 Jul 30||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1599|
|2021 Aug 06||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$3728|
|2021 Aug 13||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1099|
|2021 Aug 20||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$1799|
|2021 Aug 27||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$1699|
|2021 Sep 03||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$5054|
|2021 Sep 10||10 days, one-way from Vancouver to Honolulu||Vancouver||$1366|
|2021 Sep 20||18 days, one-way from Honolulu to Brisbane||Honolulu||$3861|
|2021 Oct 08||3 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$594|
|2021 Oct 11||8 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$585|
|2021 Oct 19||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$867|
|2021 Oct 28||8 days, round-trip Tasmania Cruise||Brisbane||$870|
|2021 Nov 05||10 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$921|
|2021 Nov 15||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$1034|
|2021 Nov 24||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$773|
|2021 Dec 03||7 days, round-trip Great Barrier Reef Cruise||Brisbane||$599|
|2021 Dec 10||11 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$2307|
|2021 Dec 21||8 days, round-trip Great Barrier Reef Cruise||Brisbane||$1098|
|2021 Dec 29||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$2328|
|2022 Jan 07||12 days, round-trip South Pacific Fiji Cruise||Brisbane||$1171|
|2022 Jan 19||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$684|
|2022 Jan 28||3 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$543|
|2022 Jan 31||8 days, round-trip Great Barrier Reef Cruise||Brisbane||$827|
|2022 Feb 08||10 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$804|
|2022 Feb 18||12 days, round-trip South Pacific Fiji Cruise||Brisbane||$1245|
|2022 Mar 02||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$907|
|2022 Mar 11||8 days, round-trip Tasmania Cruise||Brisbane||$810|
|2022 Mar 19||2 days, round-trip Sampler Cruise||Brisbane||$363|
|2022 Mar 21||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$907|
|2022 Mar 30||7 days, round-trip Great Barrier Reef Cruise||Brisbane||$719|
|2022 Apr 06||9 days, round-trip South Pacific Cruise||Brisbane||$982|
|2022 Apr 15||16 days, one-way from Brisbane to Honolulu||Brisbane||$3676|
Radiance Of The Seas Review
Review of Radiance Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
When Royal Caribbean launched its first-in-class Radiance cruise ship in 2001, guests were impressed by the light which came streaming through her glassy exterior. After 10 years, the cruise line put $20 million into giving the 90,090-ton, 2,139-guest vessel a new identity. During the spring 2011 refurbishment, Radiance of the Seas gained eight dining choices already found on the bigger Oasis and Allure of the Seas, including a Japanese dining venue and Brazilian churrascaria, as well as stateroom upgrades throughout, bow-to-stern Wi-Fi and a huge poolside TV screen. Other additions included a completely new nursery for children aged 6 to 36 months (also an Oasis-class staple), twelve new staterooms, interactive flat-screen TV systems in all accommodations, as well as the installation of touch-screen sensors "way finders" throughout to make it easier to find out what's going on where, and how to get there.
Cruise itinerary program
Radiance of the Seas itinerary program is based on Alaska cruises from Vancouver BC (Canada) during the summer months. For the rest of the year, Radiance sails in Australia leaving out of Sydney, as well as to Hawaii on repositioning between Australia and Alaska (Sydney-Vancouver).
Radiance Of The Seas has a total of 1061 cabins (of which 64 Suites, 513 Balcony rooms) in 25 grades. Most of the Radiance of the Seas staterooms are 165-195-sq.foot balcony rooms and 165-sq.foot insides (243). 15 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Radiance of the Seas are the Royal Suites (950 ft2 /88 m2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The 2-story Cascades is Radiance's main dining room. It features oversized mirrors and columns draped in curtains. The whole space offers an airy ambience and seats 1110 guests. The Cascades also has two small private dining areas, 30-seat Tides (port side) and 102-seat Breakers (starboard side). Breakfast is served on the lower deck from 8.00 am to 10.00 am offering waiter service menu with the usual breakfast fare of omelettes, bacon, sausages, French toast, pancakes, smoked salmon bagels and a special of the day dish.
The buffet area offers a small selection of pre-made items. Lunch is served from noon to 1.30 pm and features Brasserie 30 menu which enables passengers to complete meals in 30 minutes. It includes a “Tutti” salad bar which offers everything from tomatoes, lettuce, eggs and grated carrot to prawns, tuna, meats, cheeses and bread. The dinner menu offers 9 appetizers to choose from, 10 entree choices, 3 different types of soups, 7 desserts and classics. Additionally, the menu lists Chef’s Inspiration which is the recommendations of the Chef for a starter, main and dessert each day.
Follows the complete list of Radiance of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Cascades Restaurant (1110-seat aft Dining Room, with two smaller private dining rooms: 30-seat Tides and 102-seat Breakers)
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (797-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (90-seat speciality restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian speciality restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Chefs Table (14-seat gourmet dining room)
- Park Cafe (deli restaurant; complimentary - serves the Solarium area)
- Izumi (74-seat Asian speciality restaurant)
- Rita’s Cantina (84-seat Mexican speciality restaurant)
- Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Expect the best onboard Radiance of the Seas. With a huge gym, a rock climbing wall, basketball and volleyball courts, and a relaxing day spa, the list of things to do are going to get larger. You can head over to the pool or wander around the ship to take in the breathtaking views. There is an African safari-themed Solarium, as well as shuffleboard, Bingo, and other organized activities. For the kids, there is Adventure Ocean, the greatest kids facility with various age-appropriate activities for the youngsters. Radiance even boasts an indoor/outdoor country club with golf simulator.
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
Follows the complete list of Radiance of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Aurora Theatre (868-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Starquest nightclub disco and lounge
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); The Colony Club (102-seat, hosts religious services), Jakarta (45-seat), Singapore Slings (90-seat), Bombay Billiard (8-seat); Seven Hearts (40-seat card room); Crown and Anchor Lounge; Diamond Club and Lounge (34-seat); Explorer’s Lounge; Concierge Club (184-seat suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Nightclub
- Lobby Bar (53-seat atrium bar); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (40-seat speciality coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); Quill and Compass English Pub (102-seat sports bar); Schooner Bar (144-seat piano bar); Sky Bar
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewellery, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (256-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online centre (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 3 jacuzzis; 2 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Cinema (53-seat)
- Video Games Arcade; Optix Teen Disco club; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Mini Golf Course.
Radiance Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Radiance Of The SeasAdd Photo
Radiance Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean International announced changes to its winter 2021-2022 cruise schedule for the Caribbean and Australia. The changes encompass 6...October 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean informed travel agents that because of the Canadian Government restricting all cruise traffic through October, its Alaska, Hawaii...June 3, 2020
Crew transfer is underway between two Royal Caribbean ships off Sydney NSW's coast - Radiance of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas. It is thought the...April 4, 2020
Nearly 100 litres of diesel has spilled into Wellington Harbour while Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas ship was taking on fuel. According to...November 26, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced that it will have 3 ships in Alaska for the 2021 cruise season. Ovation of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, and Radiance of...November 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
As the last cruise ship of Wellington port's record-breaking season docks in the capital, 2020 numbers are expected to rise higher. Over 220,000...April 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean’s Australian 2020-2021 summer cruise season itineraries are currently available for booking, which include 4 ships from 2...April 2, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean recently unveiled its 2020 Alaska summer season. The return of the largest cruise ship to sail Gulf of Alaska, Ovation of the Seas...November 11, 2018
A Royal Caribbean cruise passenger has been charged with attempted murder after he allegedly tried to throw his partner overboard from Radiance of...October 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
About 166,000 cruise passengers poured US$59 million into Wellington during the past 7 months. The departure of Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the...April 24, 2018
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Radiance Of The Seas Wiki
Radiance is Royal Caribbean's first Radiance-class liner, with sisterships Brilliance, Jewel, Serenade. Radiance was built in 2001 by Meyer Werft GmbH (Papenburg, Germany). Ship's godmother was Margot L. Pritzker - wife of Thomas J. Pritzker (a member of RCCL's Board of Directors). The naming ceremony was on April 6, 2001. The inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) on April 17, 2001. The 14-day itinerary around the Caribbean visited Aruba, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Mexico Riviera ports, Los Angeles, and ended in Seattle WA, from where the ship cruised to ports in Canada, Alaska and Hawaii.
Vessel's gas turbine (first on RCCL ship) makes her more effective in speeding and also results in much lower harmful gases emissions compared with diesel powered vessels.
One of the most beautiful facilities on board is the nautical-themed Schooners Bar with its blue carpet and dark panelling. The pool area is African-themed. You will see three plaster-made huge elephants while listening to animal and bird sounds there.
Radiance OTS refurbishment 2016 review
- Technical repairs included steel replacement and propeller (propulsion unit) maintenance works.
- All passenger cabins were updated.
- Vitality at Sea complex (Shipshape Spa on deck 12) was redesigned. Also on deck 12, the outdoor pool deck area was refreshed.
During refurbishment 2012 (June) were added 7 new dining venues – Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina, Giovanni's Table, Park Cafe, Izumi, Boardwalk Dog House, and Chef's Table (VIP dining). Also new was the Babies & Tots Nursery.
Radiance OTS refurbishment 2011 review
The list of deckplan changes after drydock 2011 refurbishment included:
- new complimentary dining options (deli restaurant “Park Cafe”, and the hotdogs bar “Dog House”)
- new speciality dining options at an additional charge (“Giovanni’s Table”/Italian Trattoria, “Izumi”/Asian, “Samba Grill”/Brazilian, “Rita’s Cantina”/Mexican)
- Jumbotron (huge poolside huge movie screen)
- Nursery, English pub
- new lounges (“Diamond” and “Concierge”).
- On the RCCL Radiance there are also 2 new cruise dining packages – “Chef’s” (cost $145 PP, venues included “Chops”, “Giovanni’s”, “Izumi”, “Samba” and “Chef’s Table”, also inclusive of wine) and “Radiance” (cost $75 PP, inclusions “Chops”, “Giovanni’s”, “Izumi” and “Samba”).
The vessel is faster and with better manoeuvrability compared to all before 2001-built cruise ships. This is due to a modified propulsion system combining powerful bow thrusters, Azipods and dynamic GPS positioning system.
- The ship was designed to operate in both warm and cool regions. It features an abundance of panoramic windows, cabin balconies, glass-walled Atrium, all-panoramic / glass-wall elevators with sea views.
- With the Radiance ship, RCI's signature Viking Crown Lounge was redesigned to become an entertainment complex with several venues - including the Starquest disco nightclub (featuring a revolving bar) and Hollywood Odyssey (intimate bar with Hollywood memorabilia and live entertainment by stand-up comedians and music ensembles). In the following years, these clubs' names were changed, the interior was redesigned and new venues were added - the Concierge Club and Diamond Club.
- The initials GTV (abbrev "gas turbine vessel") can be found on either side of the ship's stern. They relate to the vessel's propulsion. Radiance is the first RCI ship powered by gas-steam turbines. The new-generation power plant has 1 steam and 2 gas turbines (by General Electric) and is more fuel efficient and cleaner (gas turbines burn distillate fuel) than traditional marine diesel engines. The turbines-generated electricity powers the ship's propulsion units (ABB Azipods), All this results in lower exhaust emissions. The ship also features a rotating engine, which results in fewer vibrations.
- The Radiance ship has a USD 6 million onboard art collection, including paintings and sculptures. Among those is the Centrum's (5-deck high atrium) wire-suspended sculpture (composed of radiating spokes).
- When the vessel debuted in 2001, a novel onboard space was the "Books & Coffee" shop (located forward-starboard on deck 5 and adjacent to Photo Gallery & Shop). The venue combined library, bookstore, coffee bar and Internet Cafe (with 4 PC stations). Currently, its space is occupied by the Focus Art Gallery.
- The ship's Bombay Billiard Club has 2 self-levelling (gyroscope) pool tables. The motorized gyroscope counteracts the vessel's movements and keeps them levelled pretty well. Each of the gyroscope pool tables costs USD 90,000.