Adventure Of The Seas current position
Specifications of Adventure Of The Seas
|Year built||2001 / Age: 19|
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Turku, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 500 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||311 m / 1020 ft|
|Beam (width)||47 m / 154 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||137276 gt|
|Passengers||3382 - 4058|
|Decks with cabins||8|
|Sister-ships||Explorer OTS, Mariner OTS, Navigator OTS, Voyager OTS|
|Christened by||Kevin Hannafin, Margaret McDonnell, Richard Lucas, Tara Stackpole|
Adventure Of The Seas Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Nov 05||11 days, one-way from New York to Galveston||$683|
|2020 Nov 16||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$262|
|2020 Nov 20||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$554|
|2020 Nov 25||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$622|
|2020 Nov 30||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$219|
|2020 Dec 04||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$334|
|2020 Dec 09||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$329|
|2020 Dec 14||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$270|
|2020 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$539|
|2020 Dec 23||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$729|
|2020 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Holiday Cruise||$1049|
|2021 Jan 04||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$361|
|2021 Jan 08||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$414|
|2021 Jan 13||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$388|
|2021 Jan 18||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$386|
|2021 Jan 22||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$388|
|2021 Jan 27||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$397|
|2021 Feb 01||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$451|
|2021 Feb 05||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$388|
|2021 Feb 10||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$371|
|2021 Feb 15||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$344|
|2021 Feb 19||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$388|
|2021 Feb 24||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$405|
|2021 Mar 01||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$344|
|2021 Mar 05||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$559|
|2021 Mar 10||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$540|
|2021 Mar 15||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$382|
|2021 Mar 19||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$410|
|2021 Mar 24||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$391|
|2021 Mar 29||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$512|
|2021 Apr 02||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$589|
|2021 Apr 07||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||$421|
|2021 Apr 12||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$344|
|2021 Apr 16||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise||Galveston||$394|
|2021 Apr 21||18 days, one-way from Galveston to Copenhagen||Galveston||$999|
|2021 May 09||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$649|
|2021 May 16||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$649|
|2021 May 23||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$649|
|2021 May 30||8 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$848|
|2021 Jun 07||10 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1249|
|2021 Jun 17||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$1299|
|2021 Jun 27||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$879|
|2021 Jul 04||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$819|
|2021 Jul 11||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||$809|
|2021 Jul 18||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Stockholm||$809|
|2021 Jul 25||11 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$1429|
|2021 Aug 05||10 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$1219|
|2021 Aug 15||7 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$729|
|2021 Aug 22||9 days, round-trip Scandinavia Russia Cruise||Copenhagen||$999|
Adventure Of The Seas Review
Review of Adventure Of The Seas
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is a US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both numbers of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 137,276-ton, 3,690-passenger cruise ship Adventure of the Seas has been bypassed in size and conveniences by the Freedom-class trio and the massive Oasis-class twins. However, it's still between the largest ships in the world, with a range of the most uncruise-like places at sea, like a rollerblading track, ice-skating rink and rock-climbing wall - not to mention the bustling hub Royal Promenade, which is a shopping mall-esque boulevard of retail shops, bars, clubs and cafes.
Cruise itinerary program
Adventure Of The Seas has a total of 1555 cabins (of which 119 Suites, 638 Balcony rooms, 480 Insides) in 25 grades. Almost 50% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Adventure of the Seas is the Royal Suite (1090 ft2 - more than 100 m2!).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
From the meals in the three main dining rooms to the buffet choices in Windjammer Cafe and options available at 24-hour Cafe Promenade, food aboard Adventure of the Seas is well prepared with plentiful choices, especially considering ship's capacity. The main dining rooms offer flexible "My Time Dining" during dinner. Guests can choose between assigned early or late dining, or opt for flexible dining.
Windjammer is the ship's buffet restaurant with an egg station at breakfast and a carving station at lunch. Vegetarians will do better in the MDR at lunch. The Windjammer, however, is an option for the nights when flexibility is expected. The buffet features the items offered on the main dining room menu. The Italian-themed Giovanni’s Table charges a US$20 per-person cover charge (speciality beverages, wine, beer and soda are paid separately), and offers a multi-course meal. Johnny Rockets is another speciality eatery, 1950's-style burger joint, where passengers can indulge in hot dogs, burgers, chilli fries and onion rings.
Follows the complete list of Adventure of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Vivaldi Restaurant (544-seat aft Dining Room with fixed seating for Dinner)
- Strauss Restaurant (502-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with two fixed seatings)
- Mozart Restaurant (544-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with Club Dining at 6:00 or 8:30 p.m. and "Your Time Dining" 6:00-9:30 p.m.)
- Windjammer Cafe Lido buffet restaurant (310-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Johnny Rockets Restaurant (80-seat burger bar, an extra fee applied)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian speciality restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Island Grill (454-seat).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Atmosphere diversity is the key aboard Adventure of the Seas. The Lyric Theater has a great Art Nouveau interior; the solarium pool evokes the glories of Venice and the large Casino Royal centres on a Hollywood theme. The Duck and Dog Pub is ideal for Anglophiles, Champagne Bar is very stylish and Jester's Nightclub resonates with a Gothic vibe.
At night, Adventure of the Seas offers two kinds of entertainment - traditional-style productions (singing and dancing shows) presented in The Lyric, and goofy episodes like "Love and Marriage". Bar venues offer various musical performances aimed to please everybody at any time with classical guitar, jazz and country. Beyond the usual, where this cruise vessel excels is the unique, like Studio B ice rink which hosts "Cool Art - Hot Ice" - worth the effort to get a ticket (free of charge but the venue is tiny, so tickets are limited).
Additional amenities include Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, kids aqua park, FlowRider (surfing simulator).
Follows the complete list of Adventure of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Lyric Theatre (1362-seat, features two grand productions per night with dance, acrobatics, comedy and game shows)
- Screening Room (58-seat cinema)
- Studio B Lounge (904-seat indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Jesters Disco and Nightclub (240-seat)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery (art auctions are organized in the 350-seat Imperial Lounge)
- The Centrum (social hub); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (34-seat; suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Bar; Diamond Club Lounge and Bar (past guests only); Blue Moon Lounge and Nightclub (96-seat jazz club); Cloud 9 cocktail lounge (28-seat)
- Schooner Bar (130-seat piano bar); Aquarium Bar (130-seat lobby bar); Connoisseur Cigar Club (28-seat smoking lounge); Ben and Jerry’s ice cream bar; Duck and Dog English pub (75-seat); Champagne Bar; Gravity Bar (93-seat sports bar); Sky Bar
- Casino Royale (409-seat)
- Cafe Promenade (105-seat, 24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks speciality coffee)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellery, duty-free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs); Sea Trek Dive Shop
- Cupcake Cupboard (bakery)
- Royal Caribbean Online centre (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 7 jacuzzis; 4 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Park Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor movie screen
- Challengers Video Games Arcade; Optix Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall;
- Seven Hearts card room (40-seat).
- Skylight Wedding Chapel (40-seat, provides religious services).
- During the ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment, on Deck 13 were installed the waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon”, first introduced on Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas. Adventure OTS became the first Voyager-class RCI ship with water slides. There were also added the FlowRider (surfing simulator) and a 2-story mini-golf course (replacing the old 1-level Adventure Dunes and the Inline Roller Skating Track).
- On Deck 12 (aft) was added the “Splashaway Bay” (kids aqua park / interactive water play area with cannons and geysers). The new facility replaced the Adventure Beach (outdoor kids playground).
- On Deck 5 was added Izumi (Japanese cuisine/sushi restaurant /a la carte priced).
- On Deck 4 were added Chops Grille (steakhouse restaurant offering dry-aged beef steaks) and Boleros Lounge and Bar (Latin-themed, with live entertainment).
- On Deck 14 was added the exclusive Suite Lounge (portside).
Adventure Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Adventure Of The SeasAdd Photo
Adventure Of The Seas ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RCI-Royal Caribbean announced that due to financial loses caused by the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, upcoming major drydock refurbishment...June 10, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean informed travel agents that because of the Canadian Government restricting all cruise traffic through October, its Alaska, Hawaii...June 3, 2020
RCI-Royal Caribbean's liner Adventures of the Seas docked at Falmouth Cruise Ship Pier (Trelawny, Jamaica) on Tuesday, May 19. So far, 5 persons...May 23, 2020
- Cruise Industry
In early-May 2020, RCI-Royal Caribbean developed a plan to repatriate the fleet's all non-essential crew by using 12x RCI liners - Adventure OTS...May 4, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced summer 2021 cruises in Europe with 70% new itineraries that feature a mix of destinations on 7 ships. All of the...November 19, 2019
A cruise passenger suffered a stroke onboard Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas and had to be medevaced to AtlantiCare Regional Medical...October 20, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced its tropical escapes for the 2020-2021 winter season. The cruise line is introducing diverse offerings throughout the...March 18, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Two Elvis “Cruising with the King” tribute cruises are due to set sail on Royal Caribbean ships and are promising to be the ultimate...January 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas is due to become the first in her class, as well as the world's largest, sailing from the Northeast. The cruise...December 13, 2018
A crew member has been reported missing onboard Adventure of the Seas from Cozumel this week. The Royal Caribbean crew member has been noticed...November 25, 2018
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Adventure Of The Seas Wiki
Adventure is one of Royal Caribbean's Voyager-class liners, with sisterships Explorer, Mariner, Navigator, Voyager. The vessel was constructed in 2001 in Finland by Aker Yards Oy, now part of STX Europe (a division of STX Holding / South Korea).
As one of the first passenger ships returning to NYC after the 9-11 attacks, Adventure OTS is in deep connection with New York City. As a tribute to the emergency services risking their lives to save other people, representatives of NYPD and FDNY gave the name of the ship - from FDNY (Kevin Hannafin and Tara Stackpole) and from NYPD (Richard Lucas and Margaret McDonnell). Ship's inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) started on November 18, 2001, out of San Juan Puerto Rico.
Cruise 2018 itinerary changes due to drydocking
During the ship's 2016-2018 drydock refurbishment (USD 61 million renovation project) were added two waterslides (Cyclone, Typhoon), Splashaway Bay (waterpark), FlowRider, Izumi (Japanese restaurant), Chops Grille (steakhouse), Boleros Lounge, Suite Lounge, 100 new staterooms.
However, due to Hurricane Matthew, ship's drydock in Freeport Bahamas was only partially completed and finished in March 2018. To accommodate the 30-day dry-dock refurbishment in 2018 (January 31-March 1), RCI had to cancel all Adventure OTS 2018 cruises scheduled for the period January 13 - February 10.
- Passengers booked on the affected itineraries were re-accommodated and offered as compensation the following package. USD 200 per cabin onboard credit, USD 400 per suite onboard credit (Junior Suite and above grades), flight change fee (due to airline reservation changes) up to USD 200 per person reimbursement for domestic / USA flights and USD 300 per person reimbursement for international flights.
- The list of 2018 itinerary dates offered for re-booking was February 12, March 10, 17, April 7, 14.
- Substitute/alternative dates of departure were also offered on Jewel of the Seas - itineraries starting on January 14, 21, 28, February 4, 18, 25, March 4, 11.
Adventure Of The Seas refurbishments 2016-2018 review
Ship’s drydock 2016 refurbishment (October 17 – November 13) resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” were installed. This made Adventure the first Voyager-class Royal Caribbean ship with water slides. Also on deck 13, a FlowRider (surfing simulator) was installed. Also here, a new 2-story mini-golf course was added (replacing the old 1-level Adventure Dunes).
- On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Splashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is a new-design interactive water play area with cannons and geysers. It replaced the old Adventure Beach (outdoor kids playground).
- The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on the RCI ships Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).
- Izumi (Japanese cuisine / sushi restaurant /a la carte priced) was added on deck 5 (starboard).
- Chops Grille (steakhouse restaurant offering dry-aged beef steaks) was added on deck 4 (portside).
- Boleros Lounge & Bar (Latin-themed entertainment) was added also on deck 4 (portside).
- Over 100 new cabins were added, including spa staterooms (all oceanview) forward on deck 12. All the staterooms were renovated.
- New exclusive Suite Lounge was added on deck 14 (portside).
- RCI's budget for the Adventure OTS drydock refit and refurbishment was the impressive USD 61 million.
RCI scaled back some planned renovations due to damages at Grand Bahamas Shipyard (Freeport) caused by Hurricane Matthew. The ship exited drydock on Nov 14 (2016) as scheduled. Some of the planned changes were implemented - updated design and decor, renovated areas (Boleros, 2-story mini-golf course). However, there were ongoing works during the next 2016 cruises and into 2017-2018. Among those are:
- Waterslides, FlowRider, Splashaway Bay - open on Dec 10, 2016.
- Chops Grille (Deck 4 port side, across Schooner Bar).) and the Suite Lounge both open in March 2018. Also during the ship's 2018 drydock (February) will be added new inside and oceanview cabins.
- Izumi and new staterooms will not be added.
- Giovanni's Table offered select items from the Chops Grille menu until the steakhouse's opening in 2017.
- On Deck 2 were added 5 Studio Interior cabins (category J). These staterooms are for solo travellers and are bookable without single supplement fees.
- Passengers booked in the not yet built new staterooms were contacted by RCI Customer Service team representatives for re-accommodating. Passengers booked in Panoramic Oceanview cabins were offered free upgrades to balcony rooms plus USD 100 per cabin in onboard credit.
- All passengers booked on 2016 cruises (leaving between Nov 14 - Dec 3) were offered 25% Future RCI Cruise Credit based on the paid fares.
Adventure OTS refurbishment 2014 review
The list of deckplan changes after April 2014 drydock refurbishment included:
- Cabin amenities were upgraded – new flat TVs in all cruise staterooms were added.
- Digital signage (wayfinders) on several decks were installed. These touch-screen boards allow you to know your way around the ship.
- Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded (now shipwide).
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theatre) was installed.
- On Spa Deck 12 the Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added.
- On deck 14 the “Diamond Club” lounge was added. This is a signature venue for “Crown & Anchor” (RCI loyalty program) members only.
- New dining options (at additional charge) were introduced. These are “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian trattoria restaurant on deck 11) and “The Cupcake Cupboard” (ship bakery shop on Promenade deck 5).
Adventure Of The Seas User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review