Liberty Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Liberty Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Liberty Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Liberty Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Liberty of the Seas (2007-built, last refurbished in 2021 July, Royal Amplified refurbishment in 2016) is the second of the Freedom-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships – together with Freedom OTS and Independence OTS.
Note: CruiseMapper's Liberty OTS deck plans are valid for 2021-2022-2023 (through April 28).
Liberty of the Seas cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1839 staterooms for 3678 passengers (max capacity is 4414) served by 1360 crew-staff. The boat has 15 decks (14 passenger-accessible, 8 with cabins), 22 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools, 7 outdoor Jacuzzis (whirlpool hot tubs/2 of which cantilevered), 14 elevators.
The ship's last drydock was scheduled for July 2021. The drydocking (at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz Spain) was for routine maintenance works, done usually every 5 years to keep the cruise ships properly maintained. Liberty OTS's 2021 drydock included mainly technical works (hull painting, checking the propellers and fin stabilizers) and classification inspection.
Liberty OTS deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
During the ship’s drydock refurbishment in 2016 (January 10 through February 6), Royal Caribbean added a group of 3 waterslides located on deck 13 aft (near the Flowrider simulator). The Aqua Park (on lido deck 11) has a new, kids-only water play area called “Splashaway Bay”.
Liberty is the first Freedom-class RCI ship with waterslides. The first-ever Royal Caribbean ship originally built with slides is Harmony of the Seas (launched 2016) with a total of 4 water slides.
The list of deck plan changes after the 2016 drydock refurbishment includes:
- (On deck 2) 3 inside cabins were removed (numbers 2405, 2403, 2401).
- (On deck 3) the Catacombs (218-seats Disco Nightclub, level 1) was replaced with 19 new interior cabins. Also here, 4 new interior cabins were added near the Art Gallery (starboard). Both lounges Bernini (portside) and Velasquez (starboard) were replaced with 10 new oceanview staterooms. Dining Room restaurant was renamed from Rembrandt to “Main Dining Room” (level 1).
- (On deck 4) the Catacombs disco (level 2) was replaced by the Sabor Modern Mexican (restaurant). Also here, Dining Room restaurant was renamed from Michelangelo to “Main Dining Room” (level 2).
- (On Promenade deck 5) the show lounge was renamed from “The Sphynx” to “Star Lounge”. Also here, the Champagne Bar (wine bar) was replaced by R-Bar. Dining Room restaurant was renamed from Botticelli to “Main Dining Room” (level 3). Cupcake Cupboard (bakery) was added.
- (On deck 6) a new inside cabin was added forward (number 6137).
- (On deck 7) 5 new inside cabins were added, 4 of which in the place of the Library (removed to deck 9).
- (On deck 9) a new inside cabin was added forward (number 9237). Also here were added Library and Card Room, while the Concierge Club was removed.
- (On Lido deck 11) the H2O Zone was replaced by the new Splashaway Bay (water park with slides). Also here, the Portofino restaurant was replaced by “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian restaurant).
- (On Spa deck 12 forward) around the ShipShape Spa, new cabins were added in categories Q-Inside, Panoramic Oceanview (PF-Family Panoramic, P1-Larger, P2-Panoramic) and E2-Spa Balcony.
- (On deck 13) Liberty Dunes (9-hole mini golf course with Golf Simulator) was replaced with the Perfect Storm waterslides (Cyclone, Typhoon). Also here, the Wipe Out! (20-seats burger bar) was replaced with the “Tidal Wave” slide (Boomerang-type). While the waterslide structure was ready after the ship’s refurbishment, its opening was re-scheduled for June 2016 due to some initial design flaws discovered after the slide’s installation. The design was altered by adding padding for the impact areas of the slide.
- (On deck 14) both portside multipurpose rooms – Cloud Nine (24-seats) and Seven Hearts (33-seats) were replaced with Suite Lounge.
- Internet speed was upgraded (to Voom).
During drydock 2016, a total of 89 new cruise cabins were added. Among those, 26 are Panoramic ocean views (with floor-ceiling windows facing forward) on deck 12.
Liberty OTS deck plan changes 2011 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship’s 2011 drydock included:
- All cruise accommodations were renovated.
- “DreamWorks Experience” (Walt Disney-themed entertainment program) was implemented.
- The Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added on deck 12.
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theatre) was installed.
- Vintages (wine bar) was upgraded.
- BRITTO Art Gallery was added on deck 3.
Ship’s theatre lounge programming was upgraded with complimentary DreamWorks 3D movies and a new Broadway musical production (“Saturday Night Fever”).
Liberty Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.