Independence Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Independence Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Independence Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Independence Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Note: CruiseMapper's Independence OTS deck plans are valid for the period 2019-2020 (May 4 through October 31).
Independence of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1817 staterooms for 3634 passengers (max capacity is 4375 guests), served by 1360 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 20 lounges, and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies (2 are cantilevered), 16 elevators.
Independence OTS deckplan changes 2018 refurbishment review
Ship's 2018 drydock refurbishment (April 4 - May 4, in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following deckplan changes (complete list, reviewed deck by deck):
- (Decks 3 and 4) Alhambra Theatre was completely renovated and renamed to "Royal Theater".
- "The Raven" nightclub ((Deck 3 / lower level 1 of 2) was replaced with staterooms, while the upper level (Deck 4) was replaced with Izumi (Japanese restaurant at a fee, with Teppanyaki table-side grills).
- Photo Gallery was moved from Deck 4 to Deck 3. On Deck 4, replacing the Photo Gallery were added: "Playmakers Sports Bar" and Arcade Room.
- (Deck 3) "On Air Club" was replaced with staterooms.
- (Deck 3) Art Gallery was reduced in size for adding new staterooms.
- "Romeo and Juliet" restaurant (Deck 3 aft), "Macbeth" restaurant (Deck 4 aft) and "King Lear" restaurant (Deck 5 aft) were renamed to "Dining Room".
- (Deck 5) The Pyramid Lounge was renamed to "Star Lounge" and reduced in size.
- (Deck 5) "Connoisseur Club" was transformed into "Library - RC Online" (Internet computers room) and increased in size.
- (Deck 5) "God and Badger Pub" was renamed to "Ale and Anchor Pub" and reduced in size.
- (Deck 5) "Cupcake Cupboard" (food bar) was replaced with the "Sugar Beach" shop (candy store).
- On Deck 6 were added 1 Inside Cabin (#6137 / forward), 4 Inside Cabins (aft, replacing "Business Center" and "Loyalty Desk) and 2 Villa Suites (replacing the aft 4-Bedroom Family Suite).
- On Deck 7 were added 1 Inside Cabin (#7139 / forward) and 4 Inside Cabins (aft, replacing the Library / moved to Deck 5).
- On Deck 8 were added 6 Inside Cabins (8127, 8129, 8131, 8133, 8315, and 8237 / forward) and 4 Inside Cabins (aft, replacing the RC Online / moved to Deck 5).
- On Deck 9 was added 1 Inside Cabin (#9237 / forward).
- On Deck 10 the Concierge Lounge was replaced by 4 Inside Cabins.
- On Deck 11 (forward-starboard) were added all 6 Spa Staterooms, taking some space from the Vitality Center. Also here the H2O Zone (kids aqua park / outdoor playground) was replaced with the new Splashaway Bay (water park). "Squeeze Bar" was replaced with "Fish and Ships", and the "Seatrek Dive Shop" was renamed "PADI". The "Splashaway Bay" is an interactive water park with waterslides (Cyclone, Typhoon, Boomerang), water cannons and geysers, pools, a drench bucket.
- On Deck 12 (forward) were added all 44 Spa Staterooms (incl category "Panoramic Ocean View"), taking space from the Vitality Center.
- On Deck 13, the "Independence Dunes" (mini-golf course / aft-portside) was replaced with waterslides ("The Perfect Storm"), "Sky Pad" (bungee trampoline with optional virtual reality headset) and FlowRider (surf simulator).
- On Deck 14 (forward-portside) the multi-purpose rooms "Cloud Nine" and "Seven Hearts" were replaced by exclusive "Suite Lounge".
- On Deck 15, the "Skylight Chapel" (wedding room) was replaced with "Escape Room". The Escape Room provides adventure game experiences (team building exercises) for a group of players who solve a series of puzzles by using clues, hints and group strategy. The team is given a set time limit to solve the puzzle (secret plot hidden within the room).
Independence OTS deckplan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2013 drydock refurbishment included:
- “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian cuisine restaurant) was added on Lido deck 11. There was also added RCI's signature "Royal Babies & Tots Nursery" (babysitting facility). Also on Lido deck was installed RCI's signature Jumbotron movie screen (poolside outdoor theater).
- “Cupcake Cupboard” (bakery shop) was added on Promenade deck 5.
Independence Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.