Review of Independence Of The Seas deck 12 (Spa-Kids-Teens)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the “ShipShape Spa” (open between 8 am – 10 pm). This level is divided into Beauty Salon (manicure/pedicure, hairdresser, barber, teeth whitening), treatment rooms (incl for acupuncture and couples massages), changing rooms (separate for men/women, each with sauna/steam rooms), relaxation area (complimentary water, tea), Rasul Room (mud treatments), Thermal Suite (heated ceramic beds, steam and dry heat /also used for private couples treatments). YSPA (teen spa) menu offers treatments and services for teenagers (ages 13-17) including facials, massages, nail and hair treatments.
- Sky Bar is an outdoor bar serving the sundeck / sunbathing area. Occasionally, at the Sky Bar can be held “Cigars under the Stars” (a themed night event for cigar smokers).
- Power Walking / Jogging Track is 2-lane (4 laps = 1 ml).
- Aft on deck 12 are located all children facilities serving the Royal Caribbean’s “Adventure Ocean” program. The youth programs are complimentary and offer supervised, age-appropriate activities and pre-planned events. This huge area has several rooms dedicated to each age group – Aquanauts (3-5 yo, pagers for parents being provided), Explorers (6-8 yo), Voyagers (9-11 yo). Teen-only rooms (for children 12-17 yo) are named Fuel (Teen Disco club, dance parties, family karaoke) and “The Living Room” (teen lounge, open 8 pm – 2 am). Among the organized youth activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, workshops/classes, PlayStation and Nintendo Wii gaming, family-friendly games, foosball, airbrush tattoos, fun science experiments, Scratch DJ Academy (DJ classes), sports tournaments and video game competitions, watching movies, themed parties (Pool, Hot Tub, Dusk, Warehouse, Open Mic, Karaoke, Dancing Under the Stars, Battle of the Sexes, etc).
- Challenger’s (Video Arcade for kids and adults) is at surcharge US$1,25 per game. It has popular arcade machines and foosball tables (air hockey) and hosts daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music and dance (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned), family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3).
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a Royal Caribbean signature babysitting facility. This dedicated nursery is for toddlers (babies 6 months to 3 years old, fully toilet trained) cared for by certified professional staff. Kids are entertained by specially designed programs with interactive playgroup sessions (Art for Tots), toys, bedtime stories. Daytime and evening babysitting is offered (an hourly fee applies). The RCI line’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Johnny Rockets (capacity 84 seats) is a 1950s-themed diner (fast-food restaurant) with indoor and outdoor seating. This RCI signature burger bar is all-you-can-eat (at fixed US$5 cover charge, drinks are extra) and open between 11:30 am – 12 pm. The menu includes fresh-off-the-grill, made-to-order burgers and hotdogs, chili fries, onion rings, handmade milk shakes, beer, a selection of toppings, grilled chicken breast, classic sandwiches, sides, shareables, desserts (incl apple pie).
- (drydock 2018 refurbishment) On Deck 12 (forward) were added 44 Spa Staterooms (cruise cabins from 1801 to 1890), taking space from the Vitality Center. All staterooms are premium Spa cabins in categories 4V-Inside, 1L-Panoramic Oceanview and VP-Suites. They are conveniently positioned around the ship’s Spa, offering panoramic sea views and quick access to all Spa facilities.