Ovation Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Ovation Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Ovation Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Ovation Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Note: CruiseMapper's Ovation Of The Seas deck plans are valid for the period 2018-2019 (April 26 through March 30).
The Ovation cruise ship has a total of 2090 staterooms for 4180 passengers (max capacity is 4905) served by 1500 crew/staff, 4 swimming pools (1 retractable roof covered), 10 jacuzzies, 16 elevators, 18 dining options. The ship also has a multi-million dollar art collection of over 11000 pieces (estimated value USD 4,5 million). The contemporary artworks were curated by “Peter Millard & Partners” (London, England).
- In comparison to the fleetmates, Quantum ships don't have the following signature RCI facilities: Ice Rink, Bowling, Zip-Line, Water Slides, Rope Course, Golf Simulator, Boxing Ring, Smoking Lounge, Royal Viking Crown (Observation Lounge). The traditional Royal Promenade is replaced by a 2-decks high walkway (location decks 4-5, connected with staircases). The new walkway passes through the center (roughly half of the vessel’s length). New dining venues replace RCI’s traditional Main Dining Room concept and serve the new “Dynamic Dining” concept.
- Several dining venues replace the traditional Main Dining Rooms with the Royal Caribbean’s new “Rotational Dining” system. This was implemented to replace the previous “Dynamic Dining” concept. The new Rotational Dining system allows guests to dine at different restaurants (complimentary venues only) each night on the ship (based on a rotational dining schedule). Just like on Disney ships, Anthem cruise ship passengers are served by the same wait staff and enjoy the same table companions each evening.
- In March 2018, due to contract conclusion (between RCI and celebrity chef Michael Schwartz), the Ovation ship's "Michael’s Genuine Pub" (midship on Lobby Deck 4) was renamed to "Amber and Oak Pub".
All Quantum-class "WOW ships" feature numerous unique facilities and onboard activities (never available at sea before), including:
- “RipCord” (deck 16) – sky-diving simulator
- “North Star” (deck 15) – an above ship observation capsule
- “SeaPlex” (decks 15 and 16) – bumper cars area part of the largest at sea sports complex
- “Two70°” (decks 5-6-7) – LED Roboscreens (dynamic) and floor-ceiling glass walls for live panoramic views
- “Bionic Bar” (served by robotic bartenders)
- the new Interior cabin type called “Virtual Balcony” (decks 7 through 11)
- new Studio cabins with balconies (with single occupancy rates for solo travelers)
- multi-million dollar onboard art collection
- RFID cabin door locks and RFID wristbands (an optional choice to replace the traditional SeaPass cards) allowing passengers to purchase items on the ship and access into their cabins. The new wristbands are placed in envelopes in the passenger rooms.
Ovation of the Seas itinerary program offers exclusively Asia cruises from China. In January 2016, RCI and the Chinese Imperial Palace Museum signed a Memorandum of Understanding agreement, according to which the ship will offer onboard expert lecturers by employees of the museum. Lectures are themed on China’s history and culture. The Palace Museum also provides signature pieces from its priceless collections to be displayed on the ship. By the new agreement, artworks created by Palace Museum artists are available for purchasing at onboard art auctions.
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Ovation cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Ovation ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Anthem, Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Mariner,Oasis, Quantum, Voyager.
Ovation Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.