Review of Ovation Of The Seas deck 14 (Lido-Pool)
- Solarium (adults only retreat, upper level 2 of 2) with a glass-roof cover. The Solarium complex is served with drinks by the Sunshine Bar.
- Solarium Bistro is complimentary and offers “healthy dining” exclusively – fresh-squeezed juices, light fare for Breakfast (yogurt, fruits) and Lunch (incl meat/seafood and mixed salads). The Solarium Bistro’s menu has appetizers (Yellowfin Tuna Sashimi, Mexican Shrimp Bowl, Mediterranean Ratatouille, Mushroom Risotto, Sea Scallops & Whitefish Ceviche), soups (with chicken, seafood, vegetarian), salads (vegetarian), entrees (pasta, salmon, tuna, fish filet, duck, lamb loin, bison tenderloin, pork filet, veal scaloppini), sides, desserts (all are low-fat, no-sugar-added). The menu also has a list of red and white wines (at extra charge /by the glass and bottle).
- “Splashaway Bay” is an interactive aqua park (fresh-water outdoor play area) designed for toddlers and small children. It has 1 “vortex” wave pool (round-shaped), 1 splash pool for babies (swim diapers allowed), 1 lazy-river pool, 2 mini slides (1 open, 1 tubed), 1 whirlpool, 1 giant drench bucket. The splash zone is fitted with colorful sculptures, umbrella jets, fountains, waterfalls, water canons, gazers, sprinklers, playground with a huge jungle-gym (multi-platform), sunbathing area with loungers and kid-size deckchairs. Near the water park are located self-service ice-cream vending machines (open 10 am – 6 pm). Nightly, the kids park transforms into a garden.
- The Living Room is a club lounge for teenagers only (children 12-17 yo). The room has plenty of chairs and beanbags, foosball tables, Xbox consoles, a large TV for movies. Among the scheduled activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, trivia, sports competitions, video gaming tournaments, workshops/classes, airbrush tattoos, Scratch DJ Academy (DJ classes), themed parties, karaoke.
- The ship’s Main Pool area has 2 swimming pools (1 outdoor, 1 indoor /under retractable glass roof) each with 2 large whirlpools. Both pools are with expansive sundecks (sunbathing areas with loungers and sunbeds) and shaded areas (with wicker couches) for relaxation. Main Pool deck is served with drinks and refreshments (frozens, soft drinks, beer/buckets, wine, cocktails) by 2 poolside bars – Pool Bar and Sky Bar. The outdoor pool are has Jumbotron (giant LED screen) and a stage for live performances. Among the activities here are live band music, games, funny contests, deck parties, food carving demonstrations.
- Sea Trek is a dive shop selling professional water sports gear (diving and snorkeling equipment), some souvenirs and sun-related products. Here passengers can sign up for basic scuba diving classes and get PADI qualifications.
- Outdoor Movie Screen (called Jumbotron) is a poolside complimentary cinema (huge-sized LED screen) located near the main pool area. It is used daily for showing funny videos and live sporting events, and for watching new movies nightly.
- Coastal Kitchen is a suite guests only complimentary restaurant. The cuisine is a California-Mediterranean fusion – healthy food, well prepared traditional dishes (incl meat-seafood-vegetarian-light choices). Coastal Kitchen’s menu offers appetizers (Serrano ham, grilled prawn, antipasti, charcuterie plate, zucchini), entrees (ceviche, scallops, salmon, chicken breast, lamb, beef tenderloin, strip steak, pasta, vegetable plate, classic homemade pies), salads, flatbreads and desserts (cheesecake, cafe con leche, dark chocolate tiramisu, caramel pudding). Coastal Kitchen (the “suite restaurant”) is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 9:30 am /Grand Suite cabins and higher only), Lunch (12 – 1:30 pm /Grand Suites and above) and Dinner (5:30 – 9:30 pm /Junior Suites and higher).
- Windjammer Marketplace is the ship’s complimentary Lido-buffet restaurant with international cuisine. The Windjammer restaurant is open for Breakfast (between 6:30 – 11 am), Lunch (between 11:30 am – 3:30 pm) and for Dinner (between 6 – 9 pm). The food is displayed in various pavilions (rather than a buffet line). The list of themed food stations includes New York Deli (panini sandwiches, rye bread, thin-sliced kosher dill pickles), Salad Bar, The Grill (24-hour, with daily changing menu), Potatoes, Panini (sandwiches), Pizza, Fruits, Seafood (incl sushi), Bakery, ice cream, desserts (incl fresh, oven-baked cookies), fresh juices. Windjammer’s complimentary “sushi stations” open for dinner-only (at 6:30 pm). Designated chefs continuously prepare fresh sushi (cooked rolls variations, mostly of eel and tuna). There are no nigirizushi or sashimi (with raw meat) or made-to-order items. Depending on the Anthem of the Seas itinerary, themed food items are also offered. The restaurant has lots of 2-seat tables and features a small outdoor seating area (located aft) for alfresco dining.
- Johnny Rockets (open between 11:30 am – 7 pm) is a 1950s themed specialty restaurant (at extra charge /a la carte priced). This is the RCI’s signature fast-food diner conveniently located near the main pool area. This makes it the perfect choice for those who like the classic American fare (especially natural beef hamburgers/cheeseburgers) and don’t want to change out of swimsuits for lunch. This poolside fast-food restaurant has mostly outdoor seating. The a la carte menu includes fresh-off-the-grill, made-to-order burgers and hotdogs (at US$2,50), fries (incl onion rings, at US$1,50), handmade milkshakes (3 flavors- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry /at US$4,50), a selection of toppings (at US$1,50), also grilled chicken breast, classic sandwiches, sides, shareables, desserts (incl apple pie). Orders are made at the counter. Passengers are notified by a pager when the food is ready for pickup.
- Kung Fu Panda Noodle Shop (open between 11.30 am - 10 pm) is an a la carte priced food bar located next to the swimming pool area and adjacent to Johnny Rockets. The restaurant is China-themed (decorated with red lanterns and panda bear photos). The menu has popular dishes like dim sum (4 pieces, with pork, shrimp, vegetable), bowls of noodles (beef, pork, shrimp, vegetarian, beverages (milk, tea) and desserts (custard tart, sesame balls, fungus soup, guiling gao / herbal jelly). Delivery is available during opening hours but incurs a US$7.95 (A$10.36) room service fee in addition to the cost of the food. The noodle shop is open from 11.30 am to 10 pm.
Note: During ship's 2019 refurbishment, Kung Fu Panda Noodle Shop was replaced with RCI's specialty restaurant "Fish and Ships". The restaurant debuted in 2018 as poolside eatery on Independence OTS (located aft-portside on Lido Deck). "Fish and Ships" offers a-la-carte priced seafood - including freshly battered cod, calamari, crispy hand-cut fries, cold brews.