Freedom Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Freedom Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Freedom Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Freedom Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Note: CruiseMapper's Freedom OTS deck plans are valid for 2021-2022 (through April 24).
Freedom of the Seas cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1817 staterooms for 3634 passengers (max capacity is 4375 guests), served by 1360 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 outdoor jacuzzies (2 of which cantilevered), 14 elevators.
Freedom OTS deck plan changes 2020 refurbishment review
Ship's 2020 drydock refurbishment (January 12 - March 7) was a USD 116 million "Royal Amplified" project that resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- (deck 2) Conference Center replaced with 25 Inside cabins
- (deck 3) Arcadia Theatre renamed to "Royal Theater"
- (deck 3) Leonardo Dining Room renamed to "Main Dining Room"
- (deck 3) On Air Club replaced with 12 Inside cabins
- (deck 4) SABOR (Mexican restaurant) replaced by "Izumi Hibachi and Sushi" (Japanese restaurant)
- (deck 4) Focus (photo gallery area) redesigned into "Playmakers Sports Bar and Arcade"
- (deck 4) Isaak Dining Room renamed to "Main Dining Room"
- (deck 6) Loyalty Desk replaced with 4 Inside cabins. The aft VS-Suite (4-Bedroom Presidential Family Suite, cabin 6714) replaced with 4 Balcony cabins
- On Sports Deck 13, RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” (Perfect Storm aqua park) were installed next to the FlowRider (surfing simulator, also new facility).
- On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the “Splashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is an interactive water play area (with cannons and geysers), replacing the old Outdoor Youth Area (aka “back deck”).
- On Pool Deck 11, swimming pools' sunbathing areas received more shaded seating, including daybeds, hammocks, swing seats, casitas (small wooden cabins). The fore-located Solarium (adults-only complex) was renewed.
All staterooms were renovated. Many existing venues were redesigned and renovated.
Following the refit, the liner features as new facilities:
- In addition to "Perfect Storm", a new water coaster (trademarked as "The Blaster") and a new headfirst mat racing slide (trademarked as "Riptide") was installed. Both names were trademarked by RCI in September 2018. The Blaster aqua coaster has length 244 m (800 ft) - ranking it the longest at sea 2-person raft slide. The Riptide mat racing waterslide features a transparent tube.
- "To Dry For" is a new blow-dry bar (specializing in quick beauty fixes/hairstyling) and also serving champagnes and wines by the glass.
- The list of other new venues includes Lime and Coconut (2-level bar with live music), Bamboo Room (bar lounge), Johnny Rockets Express, Playmakers Sports Bar and Arcade (with "Owner's Box" VIP room), Starbucks Bar, new restaurants (El Loco Fresh, Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen, Hooked Seafood, Izumi Hibachi & Sushi), The Observatorium (Royal Escape Room), redesigned Mini-golf course, Battle for Planet Z (laser tag course at Studio B hosting the "Clash for the Crystal City" gaming experience).
- Adventure Ocean (RCI's youth program) was completely redesigned and upgraded with a new outdoor playground. New rooms include Play Place (indoor playground), Workshop (art, science, technologies), Arena (outdoor playground), Hangout (teen lounge with gaming consoles), AO Babies (toddlers) and AO Juniors (kids 3- to 5-yo).
- Social033 Hangout (fka Living Room, teen club lounge) was redesigned and upgraded with an outdoor sundeck.
Freedom OTS deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The list of deckplan changes after ship's dry-dock in January 2015 includes:
- All cruise accommodations were renovated.
- Cupcake Cupboard (ship bakery) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- “DreamWorks Experience” (Walt Disney themed entertainment program) was implemented.
- The Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added on deck 12.
- 3D Cinema was added on deck 2.
- On decks 3 and 4, "The Crypt" (disco nightclub) was replaced by new inside cabins (deck 3) and by the Sabor (Mexican restaurant on deck 4 upper level).
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theatre) was installed.
- Vintages (wine bar) was upgraded.
- BRITTO (Art Gallery) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- R-Bar (the 1960s themed lounge bar) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- Two new restaurants were added - “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian trattoria on Lido deck 11) and “Sabor Modern Mexican” (on deck 4).
A group of 44 new Spa cabins were added on Deck 12 forward, in categories Q-Interior, Spa Oceanview (PF-Family Panoramic, P1-Larger, P2-Panoramic) and E3-Spa Balcony.
Freedom Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.