Explorer Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Explorer Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2023-2024-2025 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Explorer Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Explorer Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Explorer of the Seas (2000-built, last refurbished in 2023 February-March, Royal Amplified in 2020) is of the Voyager-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships - together with Adventure OTS, Mariner OTS, Navigator OTS, Voyager OTS.
Note: CruiseMapper's Explorer OTS deck plans are valid for 2023-2024-2025 (through April 10).
Explorer of the Seas cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 1641 staterooms for 3282 passengers (max capacity is 3938) served by 1180 crew-staff. The boat has 15 decks (14 passenger-accessible, 8 with cabins), 15 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools, 7 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 14 elevators.
Explorer OTS deck plan changes 2020-2023 refurbishments review
The ship was last drydocked in 2023 (January 29 thru March 12) at Navantia Shipyard (Cadiz Spain). The drydocking was mainly for routine maintenance works (technical and hotel overhauls, hull cleaning/painting) but was also added The Perfect Storm (aft-portside of Deck 13). The Perfect Storm is a dual-racing waterslide grouping the Cyclone and Typhoon tube slides.
Drydock 2020 refurbishment (USD 110 million project / March 17 - May 6, at Navantia Cadiz) was planned as part of RCI's "Royal Amplified" (fleet renovation) program. However, due to the pandemic (shipyard closure and financial losses by RCCL), the original project was revised and to be finished later date.
The drydocking in 2020 was limited to technical works, including hull cleaning/repainting and routine maintenance.
Drydock 2021 resulted in the following deckplan changes.
- Perfect Storm (outdoor complex with 2 high-speed waterslides - Cyclone” and “Typhoon”). Both spiraling slides are positioned portside and go around the Flowrider. Starboard is the raft slide “Tidal Wave”.
- redesigned pool deck (Lido Deck 11) adding to the swimming pool's sundeck hammocks, daybeds, casitas (small wooden cabins), in-pool chaise lounge chairs
- "The Lime and Coconut Bar" (poolside bar on 3 levels/floors)
- completely renovated Solarium (adults-only complex forward on Deck 11)
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen (Italian specialty trattoria restaurant and bar)
- "Playmakers Sports Bar and Arcade" (sport-themed bar lounge with Owner’s Box /VIP seating)
- Johnny Rockets Express (pool deck food and beverage service)
- Starbucks (kiosk)
- Studio B (2-level lounge/decks 2-3) was upgraded with RCI's laser tag game "Clash for the Crystal City".
The Youth Center was also redesigned and upgraded. Adventure Ocean (kids complex) received new rooms and age-group activities. The Teen Lounge received a new hangout, music and gaming experiences, and an exclusive open-air sundeck was added.
Explorer Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.