Vision Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Vision Of The Seas
|Year built||1998 / Age : 20|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 280 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Operator||Royal Caribbean International|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||279 m / 915 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||78717 gt|
|Passengers||2036 - 2443|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Helen M. Stephan|
Current itinerary of Vision Of The Seas
Vision Of The Seas current cruise is 13 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles. The itinerary starts on 05 Oct, 2018 and ends on 18 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 Oct||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|06 Oct 08:00 - 19:00||Cannes, France Riviera|
|07 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|08 Oct 07:00 - 19:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|11 Oct 06:00 - 18:00||Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|12 Oct 07:00 - 18:00||Mykonos Island, Greece|
|13 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Santorini Island, Greece|
|15 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Valletta, Malta|
|17 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Marseille, France Riviera|
|18 Oct||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
Review of Vision Of The Seas
Launched in 1998, Vision of the Seas is the last of the Vision-class Royal Caribbean ships, together with Splendour (now Marella Discovery), Grandeur, Enchantment, Legend (now Marella Discovery 2) and Rhapsody.
History - construction and ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is an US company, trademarked brand and subsidiary owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL, shipowner). RCI was established in 1968 and currently has over 1/5 of the worldwide cruise market. RCI also has RCCL's largest fleet as both number of vessels and GT tonnage (ship sizes and capacities). All Royal Caribbean liners have names ending with "of the Seas".
The 78,717-ton, 2,435-passenger Vision of the Seas is one of Royal Caribbean's older cruise liners. Each of the Vision-class vessels, although in the medium-size range, also offers big-ship touches. Vision of the Seas features many of the expected Royal Caribbean facilities: 7-deck-high atrium named the Centrum; a funnel-side rock-climbing wall; a solarium pool with sliding glass roof; signature circular Viking Crown lounge. But what makes Vision of the Seas so appealing is the layout strategy applied there (and even through the Radiance class of vessels that came later). It uses lots of glass walls in the public zones to bring the views of the outside in. In fact, more than 2 acres of glass was used in Vision's construction to make the sun, sea and sky part of the interior as much as possible.
Cruise itinerary program
Vision of the Seas itinerary program is based on Western Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona, Spain in the summer. For the rest of the year, Vision cruises in the Caribbean departing from Tampa, Florida. Vision of the Seas offers cheap Transatlantic repositioning crossings between Florida and Europe.
Vision Of The Seas has a total of 1007 cabins (of which 97 Suites, 132 Balcony rooms) in 25 grades. Most Vision of the Seas staterooms are 150-190-sq.foot balcony and 130-175-sq.foot inside (405). There are a total of 1024 staterooms in 25 categories. 14 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Vision of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1175 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Vision of the Seas offers a traditional main dining room - The Aquarius, which is a 2-tier venue spanning Decks 4 and 5, and made elegant by enormous windows and grand staircase. During the 2013 refurb, it received minor decorative touches, new carpeting and Chef's Table. Passengers can book the intimate space for $95 per person and indulge in a wine-paired dinner hosted by ship's executive chef and sommelier.
Chef's Table is nestled towards the back of the dining room, accented with warm lighting, dark wooden paneling, big portholes and chandeliers made of silverware. Three for-fee restaurants, which first debuted on Oasis of the Seas, appeared on Vision: Giovanni's Table, Izumi and Chops Grille. They are open between 6 and 9:30 p.m. (Kids ages 3-13 can only dine until 7 p.m.)
Follows the complete list of Vision of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Aquarius Restaurant (1158-seat aft Dining Room; offers Brasserie 30 lunch on seadays; Chef's Table)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (454-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (74-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Giovanni’s Table (78-seat Italian specialty restaurant)
- Izumi (79-seat Asian specialty restaurant)
- Park Cafe (deli restaurant; complimentary - serves the Solarium area).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Centrum, only located on Vision-class vessels, is a mecca for onboard entertainment. Its central location is best for the activities that abound day and night. Vision of the Seas most notable upgrades during the last refurb are the addition of R Bar and Centrum Experience aerobatics show. During the day, guests head to the Centrum for live music, enrichment activities, art auctions and more. At night, the place to grab a drink and boogie to a live band is the R Bar. The Some Enchanted Evening Lounge and the R Bar are ideal to meet and mingle with friends before heading up to the Viking Nightclub on Deck 11. If you prefer a more relaxed ambience while dancing, better stick to the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge. The updated Viking Crown features tiered seating areas and outward-sloping windows. It also provides the best location for viewing the passing scenery.
Additional amenities include: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Supervised Youth program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Self-Serve Laundromats (14).
Follows the complete list of Vision of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Masquerade Theatre (853-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Photo Gallery and Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (7-deck atrium and social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Some Enchanted Evening Lounge (300-seat show entertainment lounge); Diamond Club and Lounge; Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge and Nightclub
- R Bar (41-seat cocktail bar); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (12-seat specialty coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); Schooner Bar (125-seat piano bar)
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (241-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center; 6 jacuzzis; 3 pools
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Video Games Arcade; FantaSeas Teen Center and Disco; Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall.
Vision Of The Seas wiki
- Vision was built in 1997, in the French shipyard Chantiers de l'Atlantique. Her godmother is the wife of Edwin Stephan, founder and Vice Chairman of the company Royal Caribbean - Helen Morin Stephan. On the 2nd of May, 1998, the Vision ship set sail on her maiden voyage.
- At the moment you enter this ship, you will enter the Centrum – the majestic atrium area of seven decks high huge mid-ship open space. At the bottom of the Centrum is located the Champagne Terrace - the relaxation venue decorated with marble, brass, real grass and live palm trees. At the top of it, at Deck 11, is the Viking Crown Lounge - one of the Royal Caribbean's signatures. The Viking Lounge is the perfect place to watch scenery during your always special RCI voyages. The Vision's interior design boasts a huge amount of glass and lots of open spaces.
Itineraries 2017 changes
On August 22, 2017, Vision has scheduled a 16-night Transatlantic crossing (Copenhagen to Cape Liberty, Bayonne New Jersey) visiting ports in Denmark, Norway, UK (Scotland), Iceland. Home-ported in Cape Liberty NJ, Vision starts operations on September 7, 2017, with a 13-night "New England Fall Foliage" cruise USA to Canada (Quebec City). The itinerary will be also offered on September 20 and October 1 and 11 (replacing the previously scheduled Rhapsody cruises) and includes ports in Massachusetts, Maine, Nova Scotia.
- All Royal Caribbean European cruises on Vision of the Seas (2017 August 22 through November 17) were canceled.
- All booked on the affected itineraries were provided with a full refund, the option to re-book on another RCI ship plus onboard credit (on the re-booked cruises). All customers with purchased through Royal Caribbean airfare were also fully refunded. Those purchasing their own flights were refunded for the airline change fee only. Travel agency commissions were protected for all paid in full cruises.
- In early August 2016, RCI added more Western Caribbean itineraries leaving from Galveston TX (4- and 5-night Mexico cruises to Cozumel and Costa Maya), with bookings expanded through April 2018.
Vision Of The Seas - user reviews and comments
Photos of Vision Of The SeasAdd Photo
Vision Of The Seas ship related cruise news
The Coast Guard has medevaced a cruise passenger from a Royal Caribbean ship Sunday morning, December 24. According to the United States Coast Guard...December 25, 2017
Investigators on Monday, December 11, were looking into how a crew member went missing from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship over the weekend. An...December 13, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean announced that it is cancelling all visits to Turkey for 2018 cruise season in Europe. The line has decided so, "due to the current...October 19, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Royal Caribbean changed its deployment plans for NYC's Port Cape Liberty (NJ USA). Instead of Rhapsody of the Seas, the cruise line will homeport...June 4, 2016
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Vision Of The Seas Itineraries
The below listed Vision Of The Seas cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Aug 30||4 days, round-trip The Ark 2018 Cruise I||Barcelona|
|2018 Sep 03||4 days, round-trip The Ark 2018 Cruise II||Barcelona|
|2018 Oct 05||13 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona|
|2018 Oct 18||13 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona|
|2018 Nov 13||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami|
|2018 Nov 29||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to New Orleans||Los Angeles||$1049|
|2018 Dec 15||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||New Orleans||$445|
|2018 Dec 22||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||New Orleans||$862|
|2018 Dec 29||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$1084|
|2019 Jan 05||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$449|
|2019 Jan 12||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$479|
|2019 Jan 19||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||New Orleans||$585|
|2019 Jan 26||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$531|
|2019 Feb 02||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$569|
|2019 Feb 09||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||New Orleans|
|2019 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||New Orleans||$584|
|2019 Feb 23||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$689|
|2019 Mar 02||7 days, round-trip Bahamas||New Orleans||$839|
|2019 Mar 11||7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$669|
|2019 Mar 18||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$419|
|2019 Mar 22||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$409|
|2019 Mar 27||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$399|
|2019 Apr 01||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$350|
|2019 Apr 05||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$454|
|2019 Apr 10||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$379|
|2019 Apr 15||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Galveston||$369|
|2019 Apr 19||17 days, one-way from Galveston to Barcelona||Galveston||$1016|
|2019 May 06||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Venice||Barcelona||$1259|
|2019 May 18||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1539|
|2019 May 30||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Venice||Barcelona||$1282|
|2019 Jun 11||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1698|
|2019 Jun 23||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Venice||Barcelona||$1586|
|2019 Jul 05||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1609|
|2019 Jul 17||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1530|
|2019 Jul 29||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1520|
|2019 Aug 10||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Venice||Barcelona||$1446|
|2019 Aug 22||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1469|
|2019 Sep 03||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Venice||Barcelona||$1469|
|2019 Sep 15||12 days, round-trip Mediterranean Greek Isles||Barcelona||$1657|
|2019 Sep 27||13 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$578|
|2019 Oct 10||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean||Miami||$288|
|2019 Oct 14||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$1306|
|2019 Oct 30||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale||Los Angeles||$1334|
|2019 Nov 15||16 days, one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles||Fort Lauderdale||$1212|
|2019 Dec 01||15 days, one-way from Los Angeles to San Juan||Los Angeles||$1119|
|2019 Dec 16||5 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$506|
|2019 Dec 21||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean Holiday||San Juan||$819|
|2019 Dec 28||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean New Year||San Juan||$727|
|2020 Jan 04||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$568|
|2020 Jan 11||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$531|
|2020 Jan 18||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$540|
|2020 Jan 25||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$531|
|2020 Feb 01||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$531|
|2020 Feb 08||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$568|
|2020 Feb 15||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$615|
|2020 Feb 22||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$568|
|2020 Feb 29||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$568|
|2020 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$596|
|2020 Mar 14||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$662|
|2020 Mar 21||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$662|
|2020 Mar 28||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$615|
|2020 Apr 04||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$568|
|2020 Apr 11||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$662|
|2020 Apr 18||7 days, round-trip Southern Caribbean||San Juan||$643|