Specifications of Seven Seas Grandeur
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Ancona, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 478 million / USD 535 million|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||223 m / 732 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||55254 gt|
|Passengers||754 - 829|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Splendor|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
Seven Seas Grandeur Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Nov 25||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$8999|
|2023 Dec 14||7 days, round-trip Mexican Marvels In The Caribbean Miami To Miami||Miami||$4299|
|2023 Dec 21||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$9599|
|2024 Jan 08||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$9399|
|2024 Jan 26||10 days, round-trip Wonders In The Caribbean Miami To Miami||Miami||$6499|
|2024 Feb 05||12 days, round-trip Pomp Romance In Paradise Miami To Miami||Miami||$7299|
|2024 Feb 17||10 days, round-trip Island Joy Cruise Comforts Miami To Miami||Miami||$6599|
|2024 Feb 27||7 days, round-trip A Private Escape Miami To Miami||Miami||$4599|
|2024 Mar 05||10 days, round-trip Magic In The Caribbean Miami To Miami||Miami||$6599|
|2024 Mar 15||10 days, round-trip Straits To Paradise Miami To Miami||Miami||$6599|
|2024 Mar 25||16 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$10299|
|2024 Apr 10||14 days, one-way from New York to Barcelona||New York||$8999|
|2024 Apr 24||14 days, round-trip Romance In Italy, Love In Spain Barcelona To Barcelona||Barcelona||$14599|
|2024 Apr 24||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome||Barcelona||$9099|
|2024 May 01||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona||Civitavecchia-Rome||$8599|
|2024 May 08||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$12599|
|2024 May 20||10 days, one-way from Venice to Piraeus-Athens||Venice||$11599|
|2024 May 30||12 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul||Piraeus-Athens||$13299|
|2024 Jun 11||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens||Istanbul||$11599|
|2024 Jun 21||10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome||Piraeus-Athens||$11099|
Seven Seas Grandeur Review
Review of Seven Seas Grandeur
The 2023-built Seven Seas Grandeur cruise ship is currently on order (to be constructed by Fincantieri) and the newest of the RSSC's EXPLORER-class boats, sisterships Seven Seas Explorer (2016) and Seven Seas Splendor (2021). The vessel is currently planned for delivery and inauguration in 2023 November.
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with max passenger capacity 800. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with a space-to-guest ratio ~70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of the industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
For the vessel's interior design, RSSC contracted the Florida-based firm "Studio DADO". The DADO-designed venues include Observation Lounge, Constellation Theater, Card Room, Connoisseur Club, Pacific Rim Restaurant, ship's Spa as well as all the 55 suites (categories Penthouse, Grand, Superior).
Decks and Cabins
Like all RSSC-Regent ships, Seven Seas Grandeur staterooms (total 375) are all suites grouped in 15 categories. All cabins also have private step-out balconies. Cabins designer was Tillberg Design of Sweden.
The cost of the Regent Suite on the Grandeur ship signifies the ultimate RSSC luxury vacation package experience. The unique accommodation is sized 4445 ft2 (413 m2) including the outdoor wraparound terrace (1230 ft2 / 114 m2). Grandeur's Regent Suite is not only the largest at sea but also the most expensive - priced USD 11000 (~EUR 9340 / GBP 8050) per night. However, the price includes unlimited services (provided by dedicated staff) and amenities like Spa Room (unlimited massages and treatments), Sauna, Steam Room, 2x bedrooms, 2x full bathrooms (with jetted tubs), living room (with a garden, grand piano, half bathroom), dining room, dressing room, bow-facing balcony (with a Tresse Minipool and a glass-enclosed parlor).
The boat has 13 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 7 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Regent's Grandeur ship offers cooking classes in fleet's first specially dedicated Culinary Arts Kitchen. The teaching kitchen offers dishes crafted with locally-sourced ingredients. Food-themed excursions ashore are available for booking via RSSC's Gourmet Explorer Tours. On these tours, passengers can enjoy gourmet food prepared by renowned local chefs, as well as wine tasting at premium estates and local food market visits.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Grandeur restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialties from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Chartreuse (Regent's new specialty restaurant with French cuisine, also serving premium cocktails with Chartreuse liqueur; offers one of the most exquisite gourmet experiences at sea)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship's self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into "Sette Mari" Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary. The Destination Corner serves the local dishes of the destination.)
- Culinary Arts Kitchen (cooking school with 18 cooking stations in 3 rows; each is equipped with quartz countertop and stainless steel sink; the cooking school has floor-ceiling windows, and boasts 12 different classes themed as fish and shellfish, food and wine, mini-desserts, healthy cooking, etc. As part of the program, Regent Seven Seas also offers "Gourmet Explorer Tours" ashore).
- Pacific Rim (Pan-Asian restaurant, dinner-only, with an art installation of a large dragon)
- Coffee Connection is an alfresco seating area.
The Compass Rose restaurant on Seven Seas Grandeur is redesigned by Studio DADO (2016-founded, Trapani Sicily-based interior design firm). Among the restaurant's features is the cascading waterfall sculpture (made of laser-cut metal and hand-blown glass), illuminated arching trees (wood-edged and made of interwoven crystal), floor-ceiling illumination during the night (hundreds of lights surround the floor-ceiling windows). The restaurant is also lighted by thousands of crystal-faceted leaves (encrusted on pillars and branches throughout). Also new is the mural (an artwork custom-designed by Confluent Studios Inc/Burnaby BC Canada) crafted with gold leaves and mirror-finished (Verre Eglomise process of gilding onto the glass' rear face).
Compass Rose's expanded menu includes dishes like Black Angus filet mignon, Maine Lobster Tail, King Scallops, New Zealand Lamb Chops, several daily changing specials, a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian items.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While the design of Seven Seas Grandeur is decidedly more contemporary luxe than the fleet mates, RSSC strikes a balance between its much-loved traditional features and a more modern ambiance.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Grandeur bars, lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features "Cirque Rock'n Roll" aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Rooms (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Explorer Lounge and Bar (disco nightclub; operates as a piano bar during the day with resident pianist performances)
- Meridian Lounge (serves as an entertainment lounge with leather furniture, blue carpeting, dark-wood paneling, antique flooring; has its own bar; serves premium cocktails)
- Coffee Bar
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewelry, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center consists of 8 Treatment Rooms, Saunas (incl infrared sauna), Steam Rooms (aromatic steam room), Cold Room (temperature 54 F / 12 C), Thermal Suite, Shower Room (varying degrees of water pressure, therapeutic audio effects / waterfalls, thunderstorms), Relaxation Room, infinity pool (resistance swimming pool/aft), also Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio. Some of the Spa's features include the cocoon-inspired design, central-location Swarovski crystal sculpture, chrysalis (made of silk wrappings), marble flooring, light-grained wood, exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center (deck 6) has floor-ceiling windows and modern equipment (cardio and weight machines, free weights), separate studio for classes (cycling, yoga, Pilates).
On Sun Deck are located Power Walking/Jogging Track, Sports Court, Paddle Tennis Court, Bocce Court, Mini-Golf putting green, Golf Nets, Shuffleboard. Lido Deck's pool area houses a large swimming pool, 2 Jacuzzies (spa pools / whirlpool hot tubs), sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area with tables and deckchairs. Sundeck is served by the Pool Bar.
Regent's Seven Seas Grandeur is the world's erd cruise ship (after Explorer and Splendor) with a Pickleball Court. The installation was done by Adventure Golf Services (a company specializing in custom-designed mini-golf courses).
- This is a combo court serving 2 sports - Pickleball and Paddle Tennis.
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, court tennis and table tennis. The game is played by 2, 3 or 4 players using solid paddles (made of wood or composites) to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
- The company also installed other products - paddle tennis court, shuffleboard, 18-hole putting green course, GolfCourt Hitting Bay (golf driving range), Bocce court. All these products use patented interlocking panels fabricated in Traverse City (Michigan USA).
- Adventure Golf Services is the leading manufacturer and installer for the cruise ship industry, with signature products like miniature golf courses, putting greens, shuffleboard, bocce ball, croquet courts, golf driving cages.
Seven Seas Grandeur itinerary program (as homeports and destinations/regions) and the ship's Inaugural Cruise date were announced on September 22, 2021, when the voyages were also opened for booking.
The boat's inaugural season starts on November 25, 2023, and is comprised of total 17x voyages (ranging from 7 to-16 nights) visiting ports in the Caribbean and Europe/Mediterranean, as well as 2x Transatlantic crossings and 2x Panama Canal transits. Early booking prices (per person with double occupancy) ranged between USD 4000-88000 (EUR 3390-74500 / GBP 2900-63600).
The Maiden Voyage (NOV 25, 2023) is a 14-night Transatlantic crossing from Europe to the USA (Barcelona to Miami) themed "A MAGNIFICENT CROSSING" and initially priced from EUR 5960.
Next is listed the ship's remaining schedule currently planned for the inaugural season.
- 2023 (DEC 14) 7-night Caribbean roundtrip from Miami / themed "MEXICAN MARVELS IN THE CARIBBEAN"
- (DEC 21) 16-night Panama Canal from Miami to Los Angeles / themed "COMFORT ACROSS THE CANAL"
- 2024 (JAN 8) 16-night Panama Canal from Los Angeles to Miami / themed "A GRANDIOSE TRANSIT"
- 10-night Caribbean roundtrips from Miami / themes "WONDERS IN THE CARIBBEAN" (JAN 26), "ISLAND JOY & CRUISE COMFORTS" (FEB 17), "MAGIC IN THE CARIBBEAN" (MAR 5), "STRAITS TO PARADISE" (MAR 15)
- (FEB 5) 12-night Caribbean roundtrip from Miami / themed "POMP & ROMANCE IN PARADISE"
- (FEB 27) 7-night Caribbean roundtrip from Miami / themed "A PRIVATE ESCAPE"
- (MAR 25) 16-night relocation from Miami to NYC New York / themed "ISLAND SPRING & SOUTHERN CHARM"
- (APR 10) 14-night Transatlantic from NYC to Barcelona, via Bermuda and Azores / themed "OCEAN AIR & SPANISH FLARE"
- 2024 (Mediterranean-Adriatic-Aegean/Greek Islands)
- (APR 24) 7-night from Barcelona to Civitavecchia-Rome / themed "GLORY OF THE RIVIERA"
- (APR 24) 14-night roundtrip from Barcelona / themed "ROMANCE IN ITALY, LOVE IN SPAIN"
- (MAY 1) 7-night from Civitavecchia-Rome to Barcelona / themed "ICONIC ITALY & A TASTE OF SPAIN"
- (MAY 8) 12-night from Barcelona to Venice / themed "MAJESTY ALONG THE AMALFI COAST"
- (MAY 20) 10-night from Venice to Piraeus-Athens / themed "CROSSROADS & IONIAN GRANDEUR"
- (MAY 30) 12-night from Piraeus-Athens to Istanbul / themed "ANCIENT LANDS & HOLY SITES"
- (JUN 11) 10-night from Istanbul to Piraeus-Athens / themed "GRANDEUR IN THE GREEK ISLES"
- (JUN 21) 10-night from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome / themed "THE DELIGHTS OF TURKEY"
In Europe-Mediterranean, the cruise ship visits ports in Turkey (IZMIR, EPHESUS-KUSADASI, BODRUM, ALANYA, ANTALYA, ISTANBUL/overnight, BOZCAADA Island), Greece (KAVALA, IGOUMENITSA), Greek islands (CORFU, SANTORINI, MYKONOS, LESBOS, PATMOS, RHODES, CYPRUS/LIMASSOL, CRETE/HERAKLION), Italy (AMALFI, ANCONA, LIVORNO, SORRENTO, NAPLES), Sicily Island (CATANIA, PALERMO, TAORMINA), France (MARSEILLE, SETE, SANARY-SUR-MER, SAINT-TROPEZ), Spain (VALENCIA, PALMA DE MALLORCA), Monaco (MONTE CARLO), Malta (VALLETTA), Israel (ASHDOD, HAIFA), Croatia (DUBROVNIK, SPLIT), Montenegro (KOTOR).
In the Caribbean are visited the islands Aruba (ORANJESTAD), Bonaire (KRALENDIJK), Grenada (ST GEORGE'S), St Lucia (CASTRIES), Antigua (ST JOHN'S), Saint Barthelemy (GUSTAVIA), Puerto Rico (SAN JUAN), Mexico (COZUMEL, COSTA MAYA), Belize (HARVEST CAYE), Guatemala (SANTO TOMAS DE CASTILLA), Honduras (ISLA ROATAN), as well as the USA (CHARLESTON SC, KEY WEST FL).
Seven Seas Grandeur - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas GrandeurAdd Photo
Seven Seas Grandeur ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises released further details of the latest 4,443 ft2/413 m2, US$11,000-a-night “Regent Suite”, the pinnacle...September 25, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced a series of new design features for its Seven Seas Grandeur, as well as details for the newbuild’s...September 11, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises will name the line's next newbuild Seven Seas Grandeur. The 6th ship in Regent's fleet is scheduled to debut in the...June 22, 2021
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas Cruises cruise ships
Seven Seas Grandeur Wiki
The shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) placed the order with the shipbuilder Fincantieri SpA on January 15, 2019. The shipbuilding order was signed by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO).
For the newbuild project, NCLH obtained export credit financing (for 80% of the unit's contract price of EUR 475 million / USD 532 million). With the order for Seven Seas Grandeur in 2019, NCLH had 11 vessels (on order or under construction) with deliveries through 2027. Of those, 7x were for NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, 2x for Oceania and 2x for RSSC-Regent.
Regent announced the name of its newest boat (Seven Seas Grandeur) on June 22, 2021. The name was revealed by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO) in a video.
The vessel's construction officially started with the steel-cutting ceremony on November 2, 2021, held at Fincantieri's Ancona shipyard. The special event was attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO) and Giovanni Stecconi (shipyard's Director).
Inaugural cruise itineraries (2023-2024)
Next tables show the ship's inaugural voyages by destination, with prices in USD per person (lowest cabin grade cabin with double occupancy).
(MAIDEN VOYAGE 2023) 14-day Transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to Miami ($8500 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|25 Nov 18:00||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|27 Nov 07:00 - 18:00||Cadiz-Sevilla, Spain|
|29 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|05 Dec 10:00 - 06 Dec 15:00||Kings Wharf, Bermuda|
|09 Dec 06:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
(inaugural Caribbean cruise 2023) 7-day "Mexican Marvels In The Caribbean" itinerary ($4000 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|14 Dec 17:00||Departing from Miami|
|16 Dec 12:00 - 20:00||Coxen Hole, Roatan Island, Honduras|
|17 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Harvest Caye, Belize (NCL private island)|
|18 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico|
|19 Dec 07:00 - 19:00||Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico|
|21 Dec 06:00||Arriving in Miami|
(inaugural Panama Canal cruise 2023) 16-day from Miami to Los Angeles ($9000 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|21 Dec 17:00||Departing from Miami|
|23 Dec 09:00 - 17:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|25 Dec 07:00 - 14:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|26 Dec||Panama Canal|
|28 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Puerto Caldera-Puntarenas, Costa Rica|
|29 Dec 10:00 - 19:00||Corinto, Nicaragua|
|30 Dec 10:00 - 20:00||Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala|
|01 Jan 07:00 - 17:00||Acapulco, Mexico|
|03 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico|
|05 Jan 10:00 - 19:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|06 Jan 07:00||Arriving in Los Angeles, California|
(inaugural Mediterranean cruise 2024) 14-day "Romance In Italy, Love In Spain" itinerary ($14000 pp)
|Date / Time||Port|
|24 Apr 21:00||Departing from Barcelona|
|25 Apr 07:00 - 17:00||Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Balearic Spain|
|26 Apr 11:00 - 22:00||Sete, France|
|27 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Marseille, France|
|28 Apr 07:00 - 16:00||Saint-Tropez, France|
|28 Apr 20:00 - 29 Apr 21:00 (overnight)||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|30 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Livorno-Florence, Italy|
|01 May 06:00 - 19:00||Civitavecchia-Rome, Italy|
|02 May 08:00 - 18:00||Naples, Italy|
|03 May 08:00 - 18:00||Giardini-Naxos/Taormina, Sicily Italy|
|04 May 07:00 - 17:00||Valletta, Malta|
|06 May 09:00 - 18:00||Palma de Mallorca, Spain|
|07 May 08:00 - 18:00||Valencia, Spain|
|08 May 06:00||Arriving in Barcelona|
Seven Seas Grandeur User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review