Specifications of Seven Seas Grandeur
|Year built||2023 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Trieste, Italy)|
|Building cost||EUR 475 million / USD 532 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||223 m / 732 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||55254 gt|
|Passengers||754 - 829|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Splendor|
Seven Seas Grandeur Review
Review of Seven Seas Grandeur
The 2023-built Seven Seas Grandeur cruise ship is currently on order (to be constructed by Fincantieri) and the newest of the RSSC's EXPLORER-class boats, sisterships Seven Seas Explorer (2016) and Seven Seas Splendor (2021). The vessel is planned for delivery and inauguration in 2023-Q4.
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with a space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
For the vessel's interior design, RSSC contracted the Florida-based firm "Studio DADO". The DADO-designed venues include Observation Lounge, Constellation Theater, Card Room, Connoisseur Club, Pacific Rim Restaurant, ship's Spa as well as all the 55 suites (categories Penthouse, Grand, Superior).
Decks and Cabins
Like all RSSC-Regent ships, Seven Seas Grandeur staterooms (total 375) are all suites grouped in 16 categories. All cabins also have private step-out balconies. Cabins designer was Tillberg Design of Sweden.
The cost of the Regent Suite on the Grandeur ship signifies the ultimate RSSC cruise luxury package experience. For an amazing 3875 ft2 suite accommodation (1181 m2, with the terrace), guest can enjoy the superior pampering vacation travel that the Regent cruise line is worldwide famous with. This accommodation is not only the largest but also the most expensive one at sea - yours for just GBP 4800 per person, per day.
The boat has 13 decks, of which 10 are passenger-accessible and 7 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Regent's Grandeur ship offers cooking classes in fleet's first specially dedicated Culinary Arts Kitchen. The teaching kitchen offers dishes crafted with locally-sourced ingredients. Food-themed excursions ashore are available for booking via RSSC's Gourmet Explorer Tours. On these tours, passengers can enjoy gourmet food prepared by renowned local chefs, as well as wine tasting at premium estates and local food market visits.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Grandeur restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialities from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Chartreuse (Regent's new speciality restaurant with French cuisine, also serving speciality cocktails with Chartreuse liqueur; offers one of the most exquisite gourmet experiences at sea)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship's self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into "Sette Mari" Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary. The Destination Corner serves the local dishes of the destination.)
- Culinary Arts Kitchen (cooking school with 18 cooking stations in 3 rows; each is equipped with quartz countertop and stainless steel sink; the cooking school has floor-ceiling windows, and boasts 12 different classes themed as fish and shellfish, food and wine, mini-desserts, healthy cooking, etc. As part of the program, Regent Seven Seas also offers "Gourmet Explorer Tours" ashore).
- Pacific Rim (Pan-Asian restaurant, dinner-only, with an art installation of a large dragon)
- Coffee Connection is an alfresco seating area.
The Compass Rose restaurant on Seven Seas Grandeur is redesigned by Studio DADO (2016-founded, Trapani Sicily-based interior design firm). Among the restaurant's features is the cascading waterfall sculpture (made of laser-cut metal and hand-blown glass), illuminated arching trees (wood-edged and made of interwoven crystal), floor-ceiling illumination during the night (hundreds of lights surround the floor-ceiling windows). The restaurant is also lighted by thousands of crystal-faceted leaves (encrusted on pillars and branches throughout). Also new is the mural (an artwork custom-designed by Confluent Studios Inc/Burnaby BC Canada) crafted with gold leaves and mirror-finished (Verre Eglomise process of gilding onto the glass' rear face).
Compass Rose's expanded menu includes dishes like Black Angus filet mignon, Maine Lobster Tail, King Scallops, New Zealand Lamb Chops, several daily changing specials, a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian items.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While the design of Seven Seas Grandeur is decidedly more contemporary luxe than the fleet mates, RSSC strikes a balance between its much-loved traditional features and a more modern ambiance.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Grandeur bars, lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features "Cirque Rock'n Roll" aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Rooms (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Explorer Lounge and Bar (disco nightclub; operates as a piano bar during the day with resident pianist performances)
- Meridian Lounge (serves as an entertainment lounge with leather furniture, blue carpeting, dark-wood paneling, antique flooring; has its own bar; serves speciality cocktails)
- Coffee Bar
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewelry, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center consists of 8 Treatment Rooms, Saunas (incl infrared sauna), Steam Rooms (incl aromatic steam room), Cold Room (temperature 54 F / 12 C), Thermal Suite, Shower Room (varying degrees of water pressure, therapeutic audio effects / waterfalls, thunderstorms), Relaxation Room, infinity pool (resistance swimming pool/aft), also Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio. Some of the Spa's features include the cocoon-inspired design, central-location Swarovski crystal sculpture, chrysalis (made of silk wrappings), marble flooring, light-grained wood, exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center (deck 6) has floor-ceiling windows and modern equipment (cardio and weight machines, free weights), separate studio for classes (cycling, yoga, Pilates).
On Sun Deck are located Power Walking/Jogging Track, Sports Court, Paddle Tennis Court, Bocce Court, Mini-Golf putting green, Golf Nets, Shuffleboard. Lido Deck's pool area houses a large swimming pool, 2 Jacuzzies (spa pools / whirlpool hot tubs), sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area with tables and deckchairs. Sundeck is served by the Pool Bar.
Regent's Seven Seas Grandeur is the world's erd cruise ship (after Explorer and Splendor) with a Pickleball Court. The installation was done by Adventure Golf Services (a company specializing in custom-designed mini-golf courses).
- This is a combo court serving 2 sports - Pickleball and Paddle Tennis.
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, court tennis and table tennis. The game is played by 2, 3 or 4 players using solid paddles (made of wood or composites) to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
- The company also installed other products - paddle tennis court, shuffleboard, 18-hole putting green course, GolfCourt Hitting Bay (golf driving range), Bocce court. All these products use patented interlocking panels fabricated in Traverse City (Michigan USA).
- Adventure Golf Services is the leading manufacturer and installer for the cruise ship industry, with signature products like miniature golf courses, putting greens, shuffleboard, bocce ball, croquet courts, golf driving cages.
Seven Seas Grandeur itinerary program (as homeports and destinations/regions) and the ship's Inaugural Cruise date are expected to be announced on September 22, 2021, when the voyages will be also opened for booking.
Seven Seas Grandeur - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas GrandeurAdd Photo
Seven Seas Grandeur ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises will name the line's next newbuild Seven Seas Grandeur. The 6th ship in Regent's fleet is scheduled to debut in the...June 22, 2021
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas Cruises cruise ships
Seven Seas Grandeur Wiki
The shipowner NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd) placed the order with the shipbuilder Fincantieri SpA on January 15, 2019. The shipbuilding order was signed by Frank Del Rio (NCLH's President and CEO) and Giuseppe Bono (Fincantieri's CEO).
For the newbuild project, NCLH obtained export credit financing (for 80% of the unit's contract price of EUR 475 million / USD 532 million). With the order for Seven Seas Grandeur in 2019, NCLH had 11 vessels (on order or under construction) with deliveries through 2027. Of those, 7x were for NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line, 2x for Oceania and 2x for RSSC-Regent.
Regent announced the name of its newest boat (Seven Seas Grandeur) on June 22, 2021. The name was revealed by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO) in a video
Seven Seas Grandeur User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review