Seven Seas Splendor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seven Seas Splendor
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Trieste, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 478 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||223 m / 732 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||56000 gt|
|Passengers||754 - 829|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Seven Seas Explorer|
Review of Seven Seas Splendor
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with a space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
For vessel's interior design, RSSC contracted the Florida-based firm "Studio DADO". The DADO-designed venues include Observation Lounge, Constellation Theater, Card Room, Connoisseur Club, Pacific Rim Restaurant, ship's Spa as well as all the 55 suites (categories Penthouse, Grand, Superior).
Cruise itinerary program
Seven Seas Splendor itinerary program is based on Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean) cruises, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings and Panama Canal transition between Florida and California. The inaugural cruise season (2020 summer) is in Europe, featuring 15 port destinations, including Italian and French Riviera, Greek Islands, British Isles (see the list of all scheduled inaugural itineraries in the ship's "wiki" section).
Like all Regent ships, Seven Seas Splendor is an all-suite vessel. The number of suite categories is 16, with a total of 375 cabins, of which all have private balconies. The largest staterooms are the Regent Suites (2915 ft2).
The cost of the Regent Suite on the new Splendor ship signifies the ultimate Regent cruise luxury package experience. For an amazing 3875 ft2 suite accommodation (1181 m2, with the balcony), guest can enjoy the superior pampering vacation travel that the Regent cruise line is worldwide famous with. This accommodation is not only the largest but also the most expensive one at sea - yours for just GBP 4,800 per person, per day.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Regent's Splendor ship offers cooking classes in fleet's first specially dedicated Culinary Arts Kitchen. The teaching kitchen offers dishes crafted with locally-sourced ingredients. Food-themed excursions ashore are available for booking via RSSC's Gourmet Explorer Tours. On these tours, passengers can enjoy gourmet food prepared by renowned local chefs, as well as wine tasting at premium estates and local food market visits.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialities from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Chartreuse (Regent's new speciality restaurant with French cuisine, also serving speciality cocktails with Chartreuse liqueur; offers one of the most exquisite gourmet experiences at sea)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship's self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into "Sette Mari" Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary. The Destination Corner serves the local dishes of the destination.)
- Culinary Arts Kitchen (cooking school with 18 cooking stations in 3 rows; each is equipped with quartz countertop and stainless steel sink; the cooking school has floor-ceiling windows, and boasts 12 different classes themed as fish and shellfish, food and wine, mini-desserts, healthy cooking, etc. As part of the program, Regent Seven Seas also offers "Gourmet Explorer Tours" ashore).
- Pacific Rim (Pan-Asian restaurant, dinner-only, with an art installation of a large dragon)
- Coffee Connection is an alfresco seating area.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While the design of Seven Seas Splendor is decidedly more contemporary luxe than the fleet mates, RSSC strikes a balance between its much-loved traditional features and a more modern ambience.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features "Cirque Rock'n Roll" aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Rooms (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Explorer Lounge and Bar (disco nightclub; operates as a piano bar during the day with resident pianist performances)
- Meridian Lounge (serves as an entertainment lounge with leather furniture, blue carpeting, dark-wood panelling, antique flooring; has its own bar; serves speciality cocktails)
- Coffee Bar
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewellery, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Lido Pool area (with a large swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center consists of 8 Treatment Rooms, Saunas (incl infrared sauna), Steam Rooms (incl aromatic steam room), Cold Room (temperature 54 F / 12 C), Thermal Suite, Shower Room (varying degrees of water pressure, therapeutic audio effects / waterfalls, thunderstorms), Relaxation Room, infinity pool (resistance swimming pool/aft), also Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio. Some of the Spa's features include the cocoon-inspired design, central-location Swarovski crystal sculpture, chrysalis (made of silk wrappings), marble flooring, light-grained wood, exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center (deck 6) has floor-ceiling windows and modern equipment (cardio and weight machines, free weights), separate studio for classes (cycling, yoga, Pilates).
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net; Shuffleboard; Paddle Tennis court).
Regent's Seven Seas Splendor is the world's 2nd cruise ship (after Explorer) with a Pickleball Court. The installation was done by Adventure Golf Services (a company specializing in custom designed mini-golf courses).
- This is a combo court serving 2 sports - Pickleball and Paddle Tennis.
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, court tennis and table tennis. The game is played by 2, 3 or 4 players using solid paddles (made of wood or composites) to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
- The company also installed other products - paddle tennis court, shuffleboard, 18-hole putting green course, GolfCourt Hitting Bay (golf driving range), Bocce court. All these products use patented interlocking panels fabricated in Traverse City (Michigan USA).
- Adventure Golf Services is the leading manufacturer and installer for the cruise ship industry, with signature products like miniature golf courses, putting greens, shuffleboard, bocce ball, croquet courts, golf driving cages.
Seven Seas Splendor - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas SplendorAdd Photo
Seven Seas Splendor ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises introduced a new spa brand that debuts fleetwide in winter 2019. Serene Spa & Wellness will offer exclusive...October 2, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced 65 new Mediterranean & Northern Europe shore excursions that are curated with local tour operators...June 25, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is nearly doubling internet bandwidth size across the fleet by January 2020. The significantly increasing bandwidth in...April 1, 2019
- Cruise Industry
In anticipation of the newest ship joining its fleet, Regent Seven Seas announced in January details of Seven Seas Splendor's Regent Suite, the...March 24, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Splendor was launched on Saturday, February 9, at Ancona shipyard. She is the 2nd super luxury newbuild that Fincantieri is currently...February 10, 2019
- Cruise Industry
The new most luxurious suite at sea will be placed on the 14th deck aboard Regent's Seven Seas Splendor, just above the navigation bridge and...February 4, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas unveiled its 2020-2021 itineraries, showcasing 167 cruises including maiden calls to a total of 11 new ports across Asia, Europe...August 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Splendor, the ultra-luxurious cruiser joining Regent Seven Seas’ fleet in February 2020, will sail across Europe during its...July 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The keel laying ceremony was held on Thursday, June 28, at Ancona shipyard for Seven Seas Splendor, the 2nd super luxury cruise ship which...June 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas opened bookings for the inaugural season of its newest ship, launching February 2020. The first voyage onboard Seven Seas...April 15, 2018
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas cruise ships
Seven Seas Splendor Wiki
The vessel was ordered on March 1, 2016, with scheduled delivery on March 31, 2020. Ship's name (Seven Seas Splendor) was chosen from suggestions by RSSC's loyal customers, travel agents and company employees. The name was chosen from over 2600 suggestions (submitted in September 2017) from over 14,000 people.
Vessel's construction officially started on March 15, 2018, with the steel-cutting ceremony at Fincantieri's shipyard in Ancona. The special event was attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO); Robin Lindsay (NCLH's Executive VP of Vessel Operations) and Giovanni Stecconi (Ancona shipyard's Director).
On June 28, 2018, was held the keel-laying ceremony, attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO) and Giovanni Stecconi (Ancona shipyard's manager). Vessel's launch (float-out from drydock) was on February 9, 2019.
Ship's Captain is Serena Melani (aged 45 as of 2019). She will be the industry's first female Captain to launch a newbuild cruise vessel. Serena Melani works for RSSC since 2010, when started as Bridge Officer on the fleet mate Seven Seas Voyager.
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2020
Cruise liner's maiden season includes voyages in the Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean). Most popular call ports were San Juan Puerto Rico, Cabo San Lucas Mexico, NYC New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Cartagena Spain, St Tropez France, Dubrovnik Croatia, Amalfi Coast Italy, Corfu Greece.
Following the Transatlantic repositioning crossing (February 7), the Splendor ship cruises through Panama Canal (Miami to LA, departure February 25) visiting along the route Cartagena Colombia and Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Next itinerary (March 14) is again a Panama Canal transit from Los Angeles to Miami, then to NYC New York. On April 16 starts the 14-night eastbound Transatlantic cruise from NYC to Barcelona. The 12-night inaugural Mediterranean cruise is from Barcelona to Venice (overnight).
In addition to the above 6x 2020 winter itineraries, the "Inaugural Europe Collection" (summer 2020) includes the following 15 itineraries:
- May 12 "Enchanting Mediterranean" from Venice to Rome (in Cannes on May 18 / during the Film Festival)
- May 21 "Exquisite Riviera" from Rome to Barcelona (in Monte Carlo on May 24 / during Monaco Grand Prix)
- July 6 "Secret Isles" (Rome to Venice)
- July 13 "Spirit of Greece" (roundtrip from Venice)
- July 23 "Festa in Italia" (Venice to Barcelona)
- August 4 "Iberian Peaks and Coasts" (Barcelona to Southampton UK)
- August 18 "British Immersion" (roundtrip from Southampton)
- August 30 "Europe Beyond Measure" (Southampton to Monte Carlo)
- September 14 "Spanish Embrace" (Monte Carlo to Rome)
- September 24 "Aegean Treasures" (Rome to Athens)
- October 4 "Grecian Wonders" (Rome to Istanbul)
- October 14 "Ancient Ruins and Picturesque Shores" (Istanbul to Venice)
- October 24 "An Italian Romance" (Venice to Rome)
- November 3 "Lovely Mediterranean" (Rome to Barcelona)
- November 13 "The Perfect Sojourn" (Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami)
Seven Seas Splendor Itineraries
The below listed Seven Seas Splendor cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Regent Seven Seas fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Feb 06||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$8199|
|2020 Feb 25||16 days, one-way from Miami to San Diego||Miami||$9399|
|2020 Mar 14||16 days, one-way from San Diego to Miami||San Diego||$9599|
|2020 Apr 01||15 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$8799|
|2020 Apr 16||14 days, one-way from New York to Barcelona||New York||$8499|
|2020 Apr 16||26 days, one-way from New York to Venice||New York||$17899|
|2020 Apr 30||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$11999|
|2020 May 12||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$9699|
|2020 May 12||16 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$14199|
|2020 May 21||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$7799|
|2020 May 28||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$8299|
|2020 May 28||19 days, round-trip Barcelona To Barcelona - Iberia & The Mediterranean||Barcelona||$16899|
|2020 Jun 04||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$12099|
|2020 Jun 16||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$10799|
|2020 Jun 26||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$10999|
|2020 Jul 06||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$8299|
|2020 Jul 06||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$15399|
|2020 Jul 13||10 days, round-trip Venice To Venice - Spirit Of Greece||Venice||$10499|
|2020 Jul 23||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$12299|
|2020 Aug 04||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$14599|
|2020 Aug 18||12 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - British Immersion||Southampton||$14099|
|2020 Aug 30||15 days, one-way from Southampton to Monte Carlo||Southampton||$15099|
|2020 Sep 14||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$10599|
|2020 Sep 14||20 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Piraeus||Monte Carlo||$17799|
|2020 Sep 24||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$10699|
|2020 Oct 04||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Istanbul||Piraeus||$10899|
|2020 Oct 14||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Venice||Istanbul||$10599|
|2020 Oct 24||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$10299|
|2020 Nov 03||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$9299|
|2020 Nov 13||15 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$8099|
|2020 Nov 28||9 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Tropical Sunsets||Miami||$4599|
|2020 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Sapphire Winter||Miami||$3699|
|2020 Dec 14||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Celebration||Miami||$3699|
|2020 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - New Year In Paradise||Miami||$9299|
|2021 Jan 04||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Comforts||Miami||$5799|
|2021 Jan 14||12 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - White Sand Winter||Miami||$6799|
|2021 Jan 26||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Idyllic Caribbean Isles||Miami||$5899|
|2021 Feb 05||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Carnival Across The Caribbean||Miami||$5899|
|2021 Feb 15||8 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Private Islands & Secret Shores||Miami||$4799|
|2021 Feb 23||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Colonial Chic||Miami||$5899|
|2021 Mar 05||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Hemingway & The Sea||Miami||$5799|
|2021 Mar 15||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Dream Isles & Secluded Shores||Miami||$5799|
|2021 Mar 25||14 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$7999|
|2021 Apr 08||10 days, round-trip Barcelona To Barcelona - Viva Espana||Barcelona||$8499|
|2021 Apr 08||17 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$12599|
|2021 Apr 18||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$7299|
|2021 Apr 25||15 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Southampton||Monte Carlo||$14999|
|2021 May 10||10 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - Fantastique France||Southampton||$11299|
|2021 May 20||12 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - Crests & Crowns||Southampton||$13499|
|2021 Jun 01||12 days, one-way from Southampton to Stockholm||Southampton||$12999|
|2021 Jun 13||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$8999|
|2021 Jun 20||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$12299|
|2021 Jun 30||7 days, one-way from Stockholm to Copenhagen||Stockholm||$8999|
|2021 Jul 07||18 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$16999|
|2021 Jul 25||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$13299|
|2021 Aug 06||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Copenhagen||Southampton||$14799|
|2021 Aug 20||10 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Stockholm||Copenhagen||$11699|
|2021 Aug 30||12 days, one-way from Stockholm to Southampton||Stockholm||$13299|
|2021 Aug 30||59 days, one-way from Stockholm to Istanbul||Stockholm||$49499|
|2021 Sep 11||11 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - Historic Isles||Southampton||$12499|
|2021 Sep 22||14 days, one-way from Southampton to Barcelona||Southampton||$13799|
|2021 Oct 06||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$11999|
|2021 Oct 18||10 days, one-way from Venice to Istanbul||Venice||$10499|
|2021 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Istanbul to Piraeus||Istanbul||$8499|
|2021 Nov 04||7 days, round-trip Athens (Piraeus) To Athens (Piraeus) - Sunset Over Istanbul||Piraeus||$8299|
|2021 Nov 11||12 days, one-way from Piraeus to Barcelona||Piraeus||$11299|
|2021 Nov 11||26 days, one-way from Piraeus to Miami||Piraeus||$15699|
|2021 Nov 23||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$7299|
|2021 Dec 07||20 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Holidays||Miami||$10199|
|2021 Dec 07||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Glimmering Shores||Miami||$4799|
|2021 Dec 17||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Tropical Holiday Cheer||Miami||$6299|
|2021 Dec 17||20 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - A Tropical New Year||Miami||$11799|
|2021 Dec 27||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Delightful Dominica & Beyond||Miami||$6499|
|2022 Jan 06||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Island Blues, Sunset Golds||Miami||$3999|
|2022 Jan 06||18 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - A Caribbean Expedition||Miami||$9399|
|2022 Jan 13||11 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Serene Caribbean Sea||Miami||$6299|
|2022 Jan 13||21 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - The Caribbean: East To West||Miami||$11299|
|2022 Jan 24||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Treasures Of The Tropics||Miami||$5999|
|2022 Feb 03||14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Icons Of The Caribbean||Miami||$7799|
|2022 Feb 17||11 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Romantic Shores||Miami||$6299|
|2022 Feb 17||18 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Tropical Secrets Of Maya||Miami||$9399|
|2022 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Steel Drum Fantasy||Miami||$3999|
|2022 Mar 07||17 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Island Time & Coastal Cuisine||Miami||$8699|
|2022 Mar 07||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Emerald Coasts & Lush Forests||Miami||$5499|
|2022 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Taste Of The Caribbean||Miami||$3999|
|2022 Apr 05||14 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$7499|
Seven Seas Splendor User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review