Regent Seven Seas
Seven Seas Splendor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seven Seas Splendor
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Trieste, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||224 m / 735 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||56000 gt|
|Passengers||754 - 829|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Seven Seas Explorer|
Review of Seven Seas Splendor
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
Cruise itinerary program
Seven Seas Splendor itinerary program is based on Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean) cruises, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings and Panama Canal transition between Florida and California. The inaugural cruise season (2020 summer) is in Europe, featuring 15 port destinations, including Italian and French Riviera, Greek Islands, British Isles (see the list of all scheduled inaugural itineraries in the ship's "wiki" section).
Like all Regent ships, Seven Seas Splendor is an all-suite vessel. The number of suite categories is 16, with a total of 375 cabins, of which all have private balconies. The largest sterooms are the Regent Suites (2915 ft2).
The cost of the Regent Suite on the new Splendor ship signifies the ultimate Regent cruise luxury package experience. For an amazing 3,875 sq-ft suite accommodation (1181 m2, with the balcony), guest can enjoy the superior pampering vacation travel that the Regent Cruises are world wide famous with. This accommodation is not only the largest, but also the most expensive one at sea - yours for just GBP 4,800 per person, per day.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialties from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Chartreuse (Regent's new specialty restaurant with French cuisine, also serving specialty cocktails with Chartreuse liqueur; offers one of the most exquisite gourmet experiences at sea)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship's self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into "Sette Mari" Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary)
- Culinary Arts Kitchen (cooking school with 18 cooking stations in 3 rows; each is equipped with quartz countertop and stainless steel sink; the cooking school has floor-ceiling windows, and boasts 12 different classes themed as fish and shellfish, food and wine, mini-desserts, healthy cooking, etc. As part of the program, Regent Seven Seas also offers "Gourmet Explorer Tours" ashore).
- Coffee Connection is an fresco seating area.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
While the design of Seven Seas Splendor is decidedly more contemporary luxe than that of ship's fleetmates, the line strikes a balance between its much-loved traditional features and a more modern ambiance.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features "Cirque Rock'n Roll" aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Rooms (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Explorer Lounge and Bar (disco nightclub; operates as piano bar during the day with resident pianist performances)
- Meridian Lounge (serves as an entertainment lounge with leather furniture, blue carpeting, dark-wood paneling, antique flooring; has its own bar; serves specialty cocktails)
- Coffee Bar
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewelry, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Lido Pool area (with a large swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center consists of 8 Treatment Rooms, Saunas (incl infrared sauna), Steam Rooms (incl aromatic steam room), Cold Room (temperature 54 F / 12 C), Thermal Suite, Shower Room (varying degrees of water pressure, therapeutic audio effects / waterfalls, thunderstorms), Relaxation Room, infinity pool (resistance swimming pool / aft), also Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio. Some of the Spa's features include the cocoon-inspired design, central-location Swarovski crystal sculpture, chrysalis (made of silk wrappings), marble flooring, light-grained wood, exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center (deck 6) has floor-ceiling windows and modern equipment (cardio and weight machines, free weights), separate studio for classes (cycling, yoga, Pilates).
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net; Shuffleboard; Paddle Tennis court).
Regent's Seven Seas Splendor is the world's 2nd cruise ship (after Explorer) with a Pickleball Court. The installation was done by Adventure Golf Services (company specializing in custom designed mini golf courses).
- This is a combo court serving 2 sports - Pickleball and Paddle Tennis.
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, court tennis and table tennis. The game is played by 2, 3 or 4 players using solid paddles (made of wood or composites) to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
- The company also installed other products - paddle tennis court, shuffleboard, 18-hole putting green course, GolfCourt Hitting Bay (golf driving range), Bocce court. All these products use patented interlocking panels fabricated in Traverse City (Michigan USA).
- Adventure Golf Services is the leading manufacturer and installer for the cruise ship industry, with signature products like miniature golf courses, putting greens, shuffleboard, bocce ball, croquet courts, golf driving cages.
Seven Seas Splendor wiki
- The ship's name "Seven Seas Splendor " was chosen from suggestions from RSSC's loyal customers, travel agents and company employees provided in September 2017. The name was chosen from over 2600 suggestions submitted from over 14,000 people.
- The vessel's construction officially started on March 15, 2018, with the steel-cutting ceremony at Fincantieri's shipyard in Ancona. The special event was attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO); Robin Lindsay (NCLH's Executive VP of Vessel Operations) and Giovanni Stecconi (Ancona shipyard's Director).
- On June 28, 2018, was held the keel laying ceremony, attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO) and Giovanni Stecconi (Ancona shipyard's manager).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2020
Bookings on the new ship's inaugural cruises opened on April 11, 2018.
- The liner's maiden season included voyages in Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean). Most popular call ports were San Juan Puerto Rico, Cabo San Lucas Mexico, NYC New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Cartagena Spain, St Tropez France, Dubrovnik Croatia, Amalfi Coast Italy, Corfu Greece.
- Following the Transatlantic repositioning crossing (February 7), the Splendor ship cruises through Panama Canal (from Miami to LA, departure February 25) visiting along the route Cartagena Colombia and Cabo San Lucas Mexico.
- Next itinerary (March 14) is again a Panama Canal transit from Los Angeles to Miami, then to NYC New York.
- On April 16 starts the 14-night eastbound Transatlantic cruise from NYC to Barcelona.
- The 12-night inaugural Mediterranean cruise is from Barcelona to Venice (overnight).
In addition to the above 6 winter 2020 itineraries, the "Inaugural Europe Collection" (summer 2020) includes the following 15 itineraries:
- May 12 "Enchanting Mediterranean" from Venice to Rome (in Cannes on May 18 / during the Film Festival)
- May 21 "Exquisite Riviera" from Rome to Barcelona (in Monte Carlo on May 24 / during Monaco Grand Prix)
- July 6 "Secret Isles" (Rome to Venice)
- July 13 "Spirit of Greece" (roundtrip from Venice)
- July 23 "Festa in Italia" (Venice to Barcelona)
- August 4 "Iberian Peaks and Coasts" (Barcelona to Southampton UK)
- August 18 "British Immersion" (roundtrip from Southampton)
- August 30 "Europe Beyond Measure" (Southampton to Monte Carlo)
- September 14 "Spanish Embrace" (Monte Carlo to Rome)
- September 24 "Aegean Treasures" (Rome to Athens)
- October 4 "Grecian Wonders" (Rome to Istanbul)
- October 14 "Ancient Ruins and Picturesque Shores" (Istanbul to Venice)
- October 24 "An Italian Romance" (Venice to Rome)
- November 3 "Lovely Mediterranean" (Rome to Barcelona)
- November 13 "The Perfect Sojourn" (Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami)
Seven Seas Splendor - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas SplendorAdd Photo
Seven Seas Splendor ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas unveiled its 2020-2021 itineraries, showcasing 167 cruises including maiden calls to a total of 11 new ports across Asia, Europe...August 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Splendor, the ultra-luxurious cruiser joining Regent Seven Seas’ fleet in February 2020, will sail across Europe during its...July 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The keel laying ceremony was held on Thursday, June 28, at Ancona shipyard for Seven Seas Splendor, the 2nd super luxury cruise ship which...June 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas opened bookings for the inaugural season of its newest ship, launching February 2020. The first voyage onboard Seven Seas...April 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises unveiled details for its Seven Seas Splendor, scheduled to debut in 2020. All public spaces and ten suite categories will...March 30, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The steel-cutting ceremony for Seven Seas Splendor took place at Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona on Wednesday, March 15. Splendor is the 2nd ship...March 15, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced that its newest cruise ship will be named Seven Seas Splendor. A sibling to Seven Seas Explorer, which debuted...November 16, 2017
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas cruise ships
Seven Seas Splendor Itineraries
The below listed Seven Seas Splendor cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Regent Seven Seas fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 Feb 07||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$7799|
|2020 Feb 25||16 days, one-way from Miami to San Diego||Miami||$8599|
|2020 Mar 14||16 days, one-way from San Diego to Miami||San Diego||$8799|
|2020 Apr 01||15 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$8399|
|2020 Apr 16||26 days, one-way from New York to Venice||New York||$16499|
|2020 Apr 16||14 days, one-way from New York to Barcelona||New York||$7899|
|2020 Apr 30||12 days, one-way from Barcelona to Venice||Barcelona||$11099|
|2020 May 12||16 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$13599|
|2020 May 12||9 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$9399|
|2020 May 21||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$7499|
|2020 May 28||19 days, round-trip Barcelona To Barcelona - Iberia & The Mediterranean||Barcelona||$15799|
|2020 May 28||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Civitavecchia||Barcelona||$7899|
|2020 Jun 04||12 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$11099|
|2020 Jun 16||10 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$10399|
|2020 Jun 26||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$10599|
|2020 Jul 06||17 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$14599|
|2020 Jul 06||7 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Venice||Civitavecchia||$7999|
|2020 Jul 13||10 days, round-trip Venice To Venice - Spirit Of Greece||Venice||$9999|
|2020 Jul 23||12 days, one-way from Venice to Barcelona||Venice||$11999|
|2020 Aug 04||14 days, one-way from Barcelona to Southampton||Barcelona||$14299|
|2020 Aug 18||12 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - British Immersion||Southampton||$13799|
|2020 Aug 30||15 days, one-way from Southampton to Monte Carlo||Southampton||$14799|
|2020 Sep 14||20 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Piraeus||Monte Carlo||$16999|
|2020 Sep 14||10 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$10299|
|2020 Sep 24||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Piraeus||Civitavecchia||$10199|
|2020 Oct 04||10 days, one-way from Piraeus to Istanbul||Piraeus||$10399|
|2020 Oct 14||10 days, one-way from Istanbul to Venice||Istanbul||$10299|
|2020 Oct 24||10 days, one-way from Venice to Civitavecchia||Venice||$9999|
|2020 Nov 03||10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to Barcelona||Civitavecchia||$8999|
|2020 Nov 13||15 days, one-way from Barcelona to Miami||Barcelona||$7799|
|2020 Nov 28||9 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Tropical Sunsets||Miami||$4299|
|2020 Dec 07||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Sapphire Winter||Miami||$3399|
|2020 Dec 14||7 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Celebration||Miami||$3399|
|2020 Dec 21||14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - New Year In Paradise||Miami||$8999|
|2021 Jan 04||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Cigars, Cars & Caribbean Comforts||Miami||$5499|
|2021 Jan 14||12 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - White Sand Winter||Miami||$6499|
|2021 Jan 26||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Moon Over Havana||Miami||$5599|
|2021 Feb 05||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Carnival Across The Caribbean||Miami||$5599|
|2021 Feb 15||8 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Private Islands & Secret Shores||Miami||$4499|
|2021 Feb 23||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Caribbean Colonial Chic||Miami||$5599|
|2021 Mar 05||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Hemingway & The Sea||Miami||$5499|
|2021 Mar 15||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Dream Isles & Secluded Shores||Miami||$5499|
|2021 Mar 25||8 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Golden Sands & Balmy Breezes||Miami||$4299|
|2021 Apr 02||14 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$7699|