Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Seven Seas Mariner current position
Specifications of Seven Seas Mariner
|Year built||2001 / Age: 20|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 240 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||216 m / 709 ft|
|Beam (width)||275 m / 902 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||48075 gt|
|Passengers||708 - 779|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Arleen Carlson|
Seven Seas Mariner Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Nov 14||24 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Amazon Explorer||Miami||$11099|
|2021 Dec 08||10 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Hidden Coves Stunning Beaches||Miami||$4699|
|2021 Dec 18||18 days, one-way from Miami to San Francisco||Miami||$9399|
|2022 Jan 05||120 days, round-trip San Francisco To San Francisco - Elements Of The Pacific||San Francisco||$68999|
|2022 Jan 05||18 days, one-way from San Francisco to Papeete||San Francisco||$14599|
|2022 Jan 23||30 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete||$27299|
|2022 Jan 23||16 days, one-way from Papeete to Auckland||Papeete||$17999|
|2022 Feb 08||35 days, one-way from Auckland to Singapore||Auckland||$31299|
|2022 Feb 08||14 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$19399|
|2022 Feb 22||37 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney||$29599|
|2022 Feb 22||21 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$20799|
|2022 Mar 15||16 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$17299|
|2022 Mar 31||15 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Tokyo||Hong Kong||$16799|
|2022 Mar 31||35 days, one-way from Hong Kong to San Francisco||Hong Kong||$25699|
|2022 Apr 15||20 days, one-way from Tokyo to San Francisco||Tokyo||$15199|
|2022 May 05||13 days, one-way from San Francisco to Vancouver||San Francisco||$8499|
|2022 May 18||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6299|
|2022 May 25||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$6499|
|2022 Jun 01||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6699|
|2022 Jun 08||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$6699|
|2022 Jun 15||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6699|
|2022 Jun 22||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$6699|
|2022 Jun 29||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6999|
|2022 Jul 06||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$7199|
|2022 Jul 13||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$7199|
|2022 Jul 20||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$7199|
|2022 Jul 27||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$7199|
|2022 Aug 03||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$7199|
|2022 Aug 10||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6999|
|2022 Aug 17||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$6699|
|2022 Aug 24||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$6499|
|2022 Aug 31||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$6199|
|2022 Sep 07||7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Seward||Vancouver||$5999|
|2022 Sep 14||7 days, one-way from Seward to Vancouver||Seward||$5699|
|2022 Sep 21||12 days, one-way from Vancouver to Los Angeles||Vancouver||$8499|
|2022 Oct 03||12 days, round-trip Los Angeles To Los Angeles - Golden Beaches Hollywood Visions||Los Angeles||$5199|
|2022 Oct 15||10 days, round-trip Los Angeles To Los Angeles - Jewels Of The Pacific||Los Angeles||$4499|
|2022 Oct 25||9 days, round-trip Los Angeles To Los Angeles - Mexican Masquerade||Los Angeles||$3999|
|2022 Nov 03||65 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$38299|
|2022 Nov 03||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Callao||Los Angeles||$10599|
|2022 Nov 19||21 days, one-way from Callao to Buenos Aires||Callao||$16999|
|2022 Dec 10||10 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro||Buenos Aires||$10199|
|2022 Dec 10||28 days, one-way from Buenos Aires to Miami||Buenos Aires||$18199|
|2022 Dec 20||18 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Miami||Rio de Janeiro||$11999|
|2023 Jan 07||143 days, one-way from Miami to Barcelona||Miami||$84999|
Seven Seas Mariner Review
Review of Seven Seas Mariner
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with a space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
The 700-passenger ship Seven Seas Mariner was the world's first 100% balcony 100% suite cruise ship. In an era where cruise vessels and guests practically require their own zip codes, RSSC introduced a completely retro concept: mid-size liners with reduced capacity to emphasize on personalized service and larger public spaces . Although Regent Mariner debuted in 2001, it has been kept in perfect condition as the company frequently pours lots of money into refurbishments. The January 2009 drydock, for example, cost USD 20+ million.
Cruise itinerary program
Seven Seas Mariner itinerary program is based on luxury World Cruises visiting exotic ports in the regions of South Pacific, South America, South Africa (departing from Cape Town), and Caribbean (out of Miami). In the summer, Mariner cruises in Europe on Mediterranean itineraries from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Seven Seas Mariner staterooms (354 total) are in Suite-only categories (14 grades). All cabins (100%) have private step-out balconies. The largest are Master Suites (1210 ft2 / 112 m2 plus 375 ft2 / 35 m2 terrace).
Regent Mariner cruise deals offer all-inclusive luxury prices – and some of the most expensive rates available on the top luxury cruise travel vacation market. The cost of Seven Seas Mariner cruise in a Master Suite accommodation provides the ultimate Regent Mariner luxury packages for one of the ship’s two best passenger accommodations (located on Deck 9). The lowest cabin category is “Deluxe Suite” (about 3 times cheaper than the Master Suite’s fares).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Compass Rose restaurant is the main dining room on Seven Seas Mariner. It functions on an open seating basis and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner without set dining assignments. La Veranda is ship's daytime buffet, serving breakfast and lunch. In the evening it is transformed into a bistro serving Mediterranean cuisine. The speciality steak house Prime 7 is free of charge but requires reservations for dinner. Dinner is served alfresco on Mariner's pool deck at least once during each cruise. Another choice for casual lunch is the poolside grill. Dinner can be ordered from the MDR menu during restaurant hours to be served en suite.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Mariner restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialities from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Signatures (French speciality restaurant, dinner-only, reservations-only; in 2016 replaced by Regent Cruises new Chartreuse speciality restaurant with traditional French cuisine)
- Pool Grill (fast food bar, poolside; serves the pool deck area)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship’s self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into “Sette Mari” Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Seven Seas Mariner cruise ship is an ideal blend - both big enough to offer roomy, cruise-like facilities and little enough to feel comfortable at the same time. With a double-time-occupancy capacity of seven hundred passengers onboard, it sports an exclusive passenger-to-space ratio of 71.43 and a none-too-shabby passenger-to-crew ratio of 1.57. Тravelers do not have to hesitate, because even the bottommost accommodations are suites, and each cabin has its own veranda.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Mariner lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features “Cirque Rock ‘n Roll” aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (8-deck high open-floor area)
- Mariner Lounge (signature cocktails bar with grand piano; serves casual early Continental Breakfast with fresh pastries and speciality coffees/teas)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Room (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Coffee Connection (speciality coffee and patisserie bar)
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewellery, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Stars Lounge (nightclub)
- Mariner Pool area (with a large swimming pool, 3 Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center (Treatment Rooms, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Relaxation Room. The Centre includes ship’s Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio)
- Fitness Center (with floor-ceiling windows, modern equipment); Promenade (Deck 6)
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net; Shuffleboard; Bocce; Paddle Tennis court).
Seven Seas Mariner - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas MarinerAdd Photo
Seven Seas Mariner ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The NCLH-owned ultra premium brand RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced its return to operation with Seven Seas Splendor ship sailing from the UK...April 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises relaunched Seven Seas Navigator’s early 2022 Caribbean Season in order to provide guests with more choice and...March 16, 2021
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises launched the “Upgrade Your Horizon” promo offer allowing booked customers to receive a 2-Category cabins...January 7, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced they had achieved the largest booking day in the luxury line's 28-year history with the launch of its...November 2, 2020
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises has shattered its previous world voyage opening day booking record. Reservations have doubled the previous record set...September 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
The ultra-luxury travel brand RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises extended its "Return with Regent" promotion for all bookings made by August 31 on 2021...August 10, 2020
Cunard Line announced that company's all scheduled for 2020 Alaska itineraries had been cancelled. The Cunard ship Queen Elizabeth, which visited...April 26, 2020
The Hawaii Department of Transportation Harbors Division notified the public that additional cruise ships were planning to enter Honolulu Harbor for...March 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises opened bookings for 7 new luxury sailings that will be added to the line’s 2022 offerings. The 7-voyage...February 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
RSSC-Regent Seven Seas Cruises introduced a new spa brand that debuts fleetwide in winter 2019. Serene Spa & Wellness will offer exclusive...October 2, 2019
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas Cruises cruise ships
Seven Seas Mariner Wiki
The Regent Mariner ship was built in St Nazaire France and is the line's second of all three vessels providing ultra-inclusive "big yacht" luxury cruise vacation experiences. Her fleet mates are the Regent ships Navigator, Voyager and Explorer (2016).
Regent Mariner's itinerary calendar features a diverse set of sailing routes and destinations on 5 continents. The ship operates in In Europe (Mediterranean Sea), South Africa, around South America, in the South Pacific (including Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti).
Regent Seven Seas Navigator is among the top-luxury World Cruise ships offering each year an Around The World itinerary. It includes up to 30 different countries and numerous exotic ports of call in Asia, Australia, South America, Caribbean, Africa, also Transatlantic crossings, Panama Canal and/or Suez Canal transits.
On September 2, 2014, NCL Norwegian purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania Cruises and RSSC) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
In mid-April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive cruise deals involve international flights leaving from 26 cities (the USA and Canada), regardless of the suite category booked.
The company Apollo Group provides all RSSC ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and Oceania.
RSSC World Cruise 2023 (Seven Seas Mariner)
In late-September 2020, RSSC announced Seven Seas Mariner's World Cruise 2023 (themed "Beyond the Horizon"). The 143-night itinerary (January 7 through May 30, 2023, from Miami to Barcelona) includes 72 call ports (11 ports with overnights), visiting 6 continents (42 countries, 48 UNESCO sites, 356 complimentary tours/shore excursions), 3 oceans, total cruising 38279 nautical miles (44050 mi / 70900 km) and regions like South America, Australia New Zealand and South Pacific Islands, India, Southeast Asia, Africa, Middle East, Panama Canal transit.
143 days itinerary from Miami to Barcelona
With Wolrd Voyage 2023, RSSC doubled the company's previous (World Voyage 2022) opening day booking record. The Regent Mariner ship's Penthouse Suites and above cabin categories were sold out within hours when sales opened on September 23, 2020.
Full-itinerary prices ranged from USD 78000 to USD 209000 per person (double-occupancy cabin rates). Past world cruise passengers and loyalty program (Seven Seas Society) members enjoyed additional savings.
All Regent Mariner ship cruise fares include (complimentary):
- Pre-Cruise Transfer Airport-Hotel
- Post-Cruise Transfer Ship to Airport
- Pre-Cruise Hotel Dinner Gala
- Unlimited Laundry (with Dry Cleaning and Pressing)
- Phone Time per Suite
- Onboard Medical Service
- Commemorative Gift
- Shipboard Credit (max USD 950 pp)
- Unlimited Beverages (plus Fine Wines and Premium Spirits), including in Open Bars, Lounges, in-cabin Mini-Bar drinks (replenished daily)
- Specialty Restaurants Dining
- Pre-Paid Gratuities
- Unlimited WiFi
RSSC World Cruise 2022 (Seven Seas Mariner)
For 2022, Regent planned a 120-day World Voyage (themed "Elements Of The Pacific") on the Mariner ship, leaving roundtrip from San Francisco USA. The voyage visits 59 call ports (17 countries, 3 continents), with 18 port overnights, 299 complimentary tours/shore excursions, 43 UNESCO sites, total cruising 28270 nautical miles (32530 mi / 52360 km).
Fun fact is that World Cruise 2022 set a booking record for RSSC. Around 39% of all Seven Seas Mariner berths/beds were booked on the opening day (July 10, 2019). Full-itinerary prices started from USD 64000 per person (double-occupancy cabin rates).
Seven Seas Mariner refurbishment 2018 review
The ship's last drydock refurbishment (March 15 - April 3, 2018) was done in Marseille France (at Chantier Naval de Marseille). The 20-day project completed RSSC's fleet renovation program budgeted USD 125 million. Ship's upgrades and updates included new food menus, renovated and redesigned cabins, completely renovated public areas.
- Deck 6's outdoor area received new teak decking and furniture (sun loungers).
- Pool Deck was comprehensively redesigned and received new teak flooring. The swimming pool received new mosaic tiles and broader ledge in its shallow water area for sun lounging.
- Pool deck's outdoor dining was upgraded with new/expanded lunch options, which include prime steaks, chops, sausages, seafood (salmon), chicken. The "fast food" is cooked a la minute at the new infrared BBQ grills and new buffet food bars now part of the Pool Grill restaurant.
- The Atrium, walkways and public spaces received new carpeting, furniture, decors, art.
- The Library was remodelled and received new dark-wood bookshelves, updated furnishings, new chandelier.
- The Connoisseur Club (indoor smoking lounge) received a new colour scheme.
- Promenade Deck 6 (outdoor area) received new teak flooring.
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub was re-designed and received new (pebble-stone) tiling in treatment rooms.
- The Gymnasium (fitness and aerobics studio) were upgraded with new equipment.
- Compass Rose Restaurant received new crystal chandeliers, recessed ceiling lighting, comfortable leather chairs, new tables, new plush drapes.
- Chartreuse Restaurant is a new speciality dining venue serving modern French cuisine. It replaced the old Signatures Restaurant.
- Extensive renovations received also the Reception/lobby area (new marble desks, new original artwork), Card Room, Coffee Connection (expanded by taking some space from the Library), Casino, shops.
- Prime 7 Steakhouse was re-designed and received a new colour scheme.
All restaurants were redesigned and received new artworks and decors. All cabins were upgraded with new beds and furniture.
Seven Seas Mariner refurbishment 2017 review
The list of deck plan changes and updates during the ship's refurbishment in April 2017 (done in Freeport Bahamas) includes:
- new entertainment program with Broadway-style shows and comedy productions
- public spaces and passenger rooms renovations and amenities upgrades, including new furniture, bedding, HDTVs
- All suites and public spaces (including the pool deck) received new stone floors, deck flooring, new pool design, hot-tubs shades, infrared outdoor grill. Among the updated venues are La Veranda restaurant, the Internet Cafe, the Library.
- New menus were introduced at the Compass Rose main dining restaurant.
RSSC's 2016-2017 ship refurbishments cost the parent company NCLH a total of USD 125 million.
Seven Seas Mariner refurbishment 2014 review
The list of deck plan changes after drydock 2014 refurbishment included:
- The Constellation theatre (deck 5) was renovated and the show programming was upgraded with the "Cirque Rock 'n Roll" spectacle (aerial theatrics).
- The Mariner Lounge (deck 5) was remodelled with an open floor plan and has a new bar, stone flooring, tables and lamps.
- The Stars Lounge (deck 6) was newly decorated, and a new bar was added to it.
- The Horizon Lounge (deck 6) has a new bar, new lounge furnishings, carpeting, wall coverings, lighting.
- The ship's Spa (deck 7) was upgraded with steam rooms, the reception area was renovated with stone flooring, changing rooms were updated. The Fitness Center's exercise equipment was renewed.
- The Pool Deck area (deck 11) was refurbished with new loungers, sofas and chairs. Also upgraded were the Pool Grill and La Veranda (new tiling, wall coverings, lighting, awnings).
- The Observation Lounge (deck 12) was newly decorated and has a new bar.
All passenger accommodations in the categories Penthouse Suite and above received new furniture and upholstery, new lighting and wall coverings.
Seven Seas Mariner User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review