Regent Seven Seas
Seven Seas Navigator Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seven Seas Navigator
|Year built||1999 / Age : 19|
|Builder||Admiralty Shipyard (St Petersburg, Russia /hull), T.Mariotti (Genoa, Italy /superstructure)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition ship|
|Building cost||USD 200 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||170 m / 558 ft|
|Beam (width)||24 m / 79 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||28803 gt|
|Passengers||506 - 557|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Marilyn Carlson Nelson|
Current itinerary of Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator current cruise is 14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Havana Rhythms, Caribbean Dreams. The itinerary starts on 11 Nov, 2018 and ends on 25 Nov, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Nov 17:00||Departing from Miami, Florida|
|12 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Havana, Cuba|
|15 Nov 10:00 - 20:00||Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles|
|16 Nov 07:00 - 13:00||Kralendijk, Bonaire Island, Dutch Antilles|
|17 Nov 14:00 - 23:59||Saint Vincent Island, Kingstown, Grenadines|
|18 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||St Georges, Grenada|
|19 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|20 Nov 07:00 - 16:00||Castries, St Lucia Island|
|21 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|25 Nov 07:00||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Review of Seven Seas Navigator
History - construction and ownership
Regent Cruises (officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises / RSSC) is an all-inclusive, top-luxury cruise brand fka "Radisson Seven Seas". Until 2014, the company (as part of "Prestige Cruise Holdings") was owned by Apollo Management LP - one of the world's largest private investment equity funds. Since September 2014, RSSC and the sister company Oceania Cruises are owned by NCL Norwegian (shipowner), acquired at the total cost of USD 3 billion. Regent cruise ships are medium-sized, with capacity up to 800 passengers. The fleet consists of 6-star rated all-suite and all-balcony vessels with space-to-guest ratio around 70 and staff-to-guest ratio 1-to-1,6 (some of industry's best). As building cost per berth, RSSC liners are among the world's most expensive ships.
The 28,803-ton, 490-passenger cruise ship Seven Seas Navigator was once a Soviet research ship that the line purchased, stripped, and converted into a contemporary luxurious cruise liner. It was the first all-suite vessel for Regent Seven Seas Cruises company. The Seven Seas Navigator cruise ship experience is really personal for most of the cruisers, with a majority of the personnel (at each level) quickly learning passengers' names and preferences.
In January 2016, a $125 million refurbishment plan was revealed for three ships in the Regent Seven Seas fleet. The aim is to bring the cruise vessels in line with the new Seven Seas Explorer, due to enter service in 2016 summer. The 2-year upgrade starts with the smallest 490-passenger Seven Seas Navigator. Seven Seas Voyager is next in line in late 2016; Seven Seas Mariner in 2017 spring.
Cruise itinerary program
Seven Seas Navigator itinerary program is based on Caribbean cruises from Miami, and to Alaska from Vancouver BC. Regent Navigator cruises to New England with departures from New York and Montreal, and also in Europe on Mediterranean itineraries from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Seven Seas Navigator will spend summer 2016 in the Mediterranean, late autumn in South Africa, and then embark from Miami in 2017 on the first world voyage for the line in 6 years, a 128-night cruise covering 31 countries on 6 continents.
Starting on Jan 8, 2018, Regent Navigator offers a 137-night long "World Cruise" round-trip from Los Angeles (California, USA).
Like all Regent cruise ships, Seven Seas Navigator is an all-suite ship. The number of suite categories is 11. Seven Seas Navigator has a total of 354 suites, of which 37 are Oceanview Suites and 85% have private balconies. The largest ones are the Master Suites (1065 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Compass Rose restaurant is the main dining room on Seven Seas Navigator. It functions on an open seating basis and offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner without set dining assignments. La Veranda is ship's daytime buffet, serving breakfast and lunch. In the evening it is transformed into a bistro serving Mediterranean cuisine. The specialty steak house Prime 7 is free of charge but requires reservations for dinner. Dinner is served alfresco on Navigator's pool deck at least once during each cruise. Another choice for casual lunch is the poolside grill. Dinner can be ordered from the MDR menu during restaurant hours to be served en suite.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Navigator restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialties from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Pool Grill (fast food bar, poolside; serves the pool deck area)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship’s self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into “Sette Mari” Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Highlights of the Seven Seas Navigator cruise ship experience include: large, roomy suite accommodations (301 to 1,173 square feet); luxury in-suite facilities; perfect service throughout; a great space-per-passenger ratio (67.3 ft. of public space per passenger); diverse dining venues (which include a steakhouse and Italian alternative restaurants); an upscale Canyon Ranch SpaClub (formerly Carita Spa); and ten Internet-ready computers.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Navigator lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Navigator Lounge (signature cocktails bar with grand piano; serves casual early Continental Breakfast with fresh pastries and specialty coffees/teas)
- Library (combined Library and Internet computers room)
- Coffee Connection (specialty coffee bar)
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Room / Conference Room (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Stars Lounge (disco nightclub with its own bar, live music entertainment, karaoke, dance parties)
- Seven Seas Lounge (2-tiered main show lounge for cabaret-style evening entertainment)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewelry, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Navigator Pool area (with a large swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Galileo’s Lounge (with indoor/outdoor seating areas, dance floor, grand piano for live performances; hosts daily trivia shows, Afternoon Tea and live music events)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub and Wellness Center (Treatment Rooms, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Relaxation Room. The Centre includes ship’s Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio)
- Fitness Center (with floor-ceiling windows, modern equipment)
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net).
Seven Seas Navigator wiki
- The Regent Navigator ship was built in Genoa Italy and is the line's oldest and smallest in comparison to the fleetmates Mariner and Voyager, and aspecially to the fleet's largest Explorer (2016). Just like her sisters, the Navigator provides an all-inclusive "big yacht" luxury cruising vacation experience.
- Curious fact is, that the Seven Seas Navigator ship was partially built in Russia (the former USSR). The vessel's hull was constructed in Leningrad (now St Petersburg), then purchased by the RSSC line and finished in Italy (by the ship building company T. Mariotti (Genoa). Another "fun fact" is that the ship was a movie star - playing a major role in the film "After the Sunset" (2004).
- On September 2, 2014, the NCL Norwegian company purchased the company "Prestige Cruise Holdings" (owner of Oceania Cruises and RSSC) for USD 3,025 billion, thus becoming the official owner of all vessels in both fleets.
- Regent Navigator's itinerary calendar features as operational regions Alaska, Caribbean, South America (Brazil Amazon cruises from Florida), Canada (New England Fall Foliage cruises) and Panama Canal transits (on repositioning).
- Regent Seven Seas Navigator is among the top-luxury World Cruise ships offering each year an Around The World itinerary. It includes up to 30 different countries and numerous exotic ports of call in Asia, Aistralia, South America, Caribbean, Africa, also Transatlantic crossings, Panama Canal and/or Suez Canal transits.
- In mid April 2016, RSSC announced upgraded fares adding free international flights to all 2017-2018 cruise itineraries. These are round-trip air travel deals (business class) added to the company's signature (standard) all-inclusive package - wines, spirits, soda, water, unlimited internet, free shore excursions, prepaid gratuities, pre-post cruise hotel stays and transfers. The air-inclusive cruise deals involve international flights leaving from 26 cities (USA and Canada), regardless of the suite category booked.
- The Apollo Group company provides all RSSC ships with the entire onboard hotel product and services. This includes administration, food staff (preparation and serving), housekeeping staff, also the vessel's provisioning and crewing. Other cruise lines served by Apollo are Thomson UK (Marella Cruises) and Oceania.
- In Summer 2017, the ship was supposed to sail on a Northwest Passage Cruise transiting the Canadian Arctic Ocean territories. However, due to bad weather forecast (too much sea ice on the route in July), the voyage was cancelled in the end of August 2016. Booked passengers were refunded and additionally received USD $1,000 onboard credit applicable to any other 2016 or 2017 Regent cruises. Travel partners who had guests booked on the trip received USD 250 per booking. The Navigator's 63-days long one-way itinerary was from Miami Florida to Montreal Quebec (scheduled June 17 to August 18, 2017). The list of "Arctic" ports of call included Seward Alaska (Jul 19), Homer Alaska (July 21), Kodiak Island Alaska (July 22), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (July 24), Nome Alaska (July 26), Herschel Island Yukon Canada (July 29), Tuktoyaktuk NT Canada (July 30), Victoria Island (Aug 2), King William Island (Aug 3), Upernavik Greenland (Aug 5), Uummannaq Greenland (Aug 7), Nuuk Greenland (Aug 9), Paamiut Greenland (Aug 10), Qaqortoq Greenland (Aug 11), Corner Brook Newfoundland (Aug 14), Saguenay Quebec (Aug 16) and Quebec City (Aug 17).
- In 2018, the ship offers an Around the World cruise (round-trip from USA (Los Angeles CA departure on January 8th). The 137-day long itinerary (Jan 8 - May 25, 2018) includes 64 ports in 28 countries on 5 continents. Among the signature destinations are Hawaii (USA), South Pacific islands, Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Indian Ocean (Bay of Bengal), South Africa, Transatlantic crossing, South America, Caribbean, Panama Canal transit. The Regent's World Cruise 2018 deals are price-inclusive of shore excursions / tours (in all ports of call), first-class airfare, visa package, luggage and unlimited laundry services, shipboard medical services, satellite phone time. Pricing starts from USD 60,000 pp (Deluxe Window Suite cabin).
Seven Seas Navigator - user reviews and comments
Photos of Seven Seas NavigatorAdd Photo
Seven Seas Navigator ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas unveiled its 2020-2021 itineraries, showcasing 167 cruises including maiden calls to a total of 11 new ports across Asia, Europe...August 18, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Regent Seven Seas, the only North American luxury line granted permission to offer cruises to Cuba, is adding more calls at the Caribbean island on a...February 21, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Seven Seas Navigator has been fined US$6,000 by Transport Canada for exceeding the speed restriction in Gulf of St Lawrence. The federal...September 9, 2017
- Cruise Industry
In 2017 Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers its first world voyage in several years. Today, the luxury line announced it would sail an even longer round...May 18, 2016
- show more news
Other Regent Seven Seas cruise ships
Seven Seas Navigator Itineraries
The below listed Seven Seas Navigator cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Regent Seven Seas fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 11||14 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Havana Rhythms, Caribbean Dreams||Miami|
|2018 Nov 25||24 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Rhythm Of The Amazon||Miami||$10299|
|2018 Dec 19||147 days, one-way from Miami to New York||Miami||$69499|
|2018 Dec 19||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$8299|
|2019 Jan 04||131 days, one-way from Los Angeles to New York||Los Angeles||$62999|
|2019 Jan 04||20 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Papeete||Los Angeles||$12699|
|2019 Jan 24||19 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete||$18499|
|2019 Feb 12||36 days, one-way from Sydney to Singapore||Sydney||$27099|
|2019 Feb 12||24 days, one-way from Sydney to Hong Kong||Sydney||$22499|
|2019 Mar 08||12 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Singapore||Hong Kong||$13199|
|2019 Mar 20||40 days, one-way from Singapore to Civitavecchia||Singapore||$23599|
|2019 Mar 20||20 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore||$17099|
|2019 Apr 09||20 days, one-way from Dubai to Civitavecchia||Dubai||$13599|
|2019 Apr 29||16 days, one-way from Civitavecchia to New York||Civitavecchia||$8599|
|2019 May 15||15 days, one-way from New York to Amsterdam||New York||$6499|
|2019 Jun 18||77 days, one-way from Southampton to New York||Southampton||$38499|
|2019 Jun 18||37 days, round-trip London (Southampton) To London (Southampton) - Celtic Inspiration||Southampton||$23999|
|2019 Jun 18||11 days, one-way from Southampton to Dublin||Southampton||$9499|
|2019 Jun 29||12 days, one-way from Dublin to Reykjavik||Dublin||$10199|
|2019 Jul 11||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Southampton||Reykjavik||$10899|
|2019 Jul 25||20 days, one-way from Southampton to Amsterdam||Southampton||$14499|
|2019 Aug 14||20 days, one-way from Amsterdam to New York||Amsterdam||$11099|
|2019 Sep 03||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$7199|
|2019 Sep 13||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$7299|
|2019 Sep 23||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$7299|
|2019 Oct 03||12 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$8499|
|2019 Oct 15||10 days, round-trip New York City To New York City - Escape To The Cape||New York||$5199|
|2019 Oct 25||10 days, round-trip New York City To New York City - Leaf Peeps & Fall Treats||New York||$5099|
|2019 Nov 04||15 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$4599|
|2019 Nov 19||16 days, one-way from Miami to Los Angeles||Miami||$6299|
|2019 Dec 05||18 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Papeete||Los Angeles||$10299|
|2019 Dec 23||31 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete||$20599|
|2019 Dec 23||11 days, round-trip Papeete To Papeete - South Pacific Sunsets||Papeete||$12299|
|2020 Jan 03||20 days, one-way from Papeete to Sydney||Papeete||$17799|
|2020 Jan 23||36 days, round-trip Sydney To Sydney - Circle Australia||Sydney||$30299|
|2020 Feb 28||29 days, one-way from Sydney to Papeete||Sydney||$24599|
|2020 Feb 28||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$17099|
|2020 Mar 13||15 days, one-way from Auckland to Papeete||Auckland||$16299|
|2020 Mar 28||10 days, round-trip Papeete To Papeete - Beyond The Blue Lagoon||Papeete||$11699|
|2020 Apr 07||34 days, one-way from Papeete to Miami||Papeete||$18499|
|2020 Apr 07||18 days, one-way from Papeete to Callao||Papeete||$12699|
|2020 Apr 25||16 days, one-way from Callao to Miami||Callao||$10299|
|2020 May 11||11 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Sun Kissed Spring||Miami||$4999|
|2020 May 22||14 days, one-way from Miami to Montreal||Miami||$4799|
|2020 Jun 05||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$3499|
|2020 Jun 15||91 days, round-trip New York City To New York City - Grand Arctic Discovery||New York||$43999|
|2020 Jun 15||29 days, one-way from New York to Dublin||New York||$16799|
|2020 Jun 15||15 days, one-way from New York to Reykjavik||New York||$8999|
|2020 Jun 30||28 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Copenhagen||Reykjavik||$17299|
|2020 Jun 30||14 days, one-way from Reykjavik to Dublin||Reykjavik||$10499|
|2020 Jul 14||34 days, one-way from Dublin to Amsterdam||Dublin||$20799|
|2020 Jul 14||14 days, one-way from Dublin to Copenhagen||Dublin||$10199|
|2020 Jul 28||20 days, one-way from Copenhagen to Amsterdam||Copenhagen||$14199|
|2020 Aug 17||28 days, one-way from Amsterdam to New York||Amsterdam||$13599|
|2020 Aug 17||11 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Barcelona||Amsterdam||$8499|
|2020 Aug 28||17 days, one-way from Barcelona to New York||Barcelona||$7699|
|2020 Sep 14||12 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$8499|
|2020 Sep 26||12 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$8499|
|2020 Oct 08||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York||$7299|
|2020 Oct 18||12 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal||$5999|
|2020 Oct 30||16 days, one-way from New York to Miami||New York||$4699|
|2020 Nov 15||25 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Glories Of The Amazon||Miami||$9199|
|2020 Dec 10||12 days, round-trip Miami To Miami - Spices & Sandy Beaches||Miami||$4199|
|2020 Dec 22||24 days, one-way from Miami to Honolulu||Miami||$9299|
|2021 Jan 15||15 days, one-way from Honolulu to Papeete||Honolulu||$10499|
|2021 Jan 30||10 days, round-trip Papeete To Papeete - Cruising The South Pacific||Papeete||$10699|
|2021 Feb 09||10 days, round-trip Papeete To Papeete - Romance Of Paradise||Papeete||$10699|
|2021 Feb 19||10 days, round-trip Papeete To Papeete - Lagoons & Lush Peaks||Papeete||$10699|
|2021 Mar 01||16 days, one-way from Papeete to Los Angeles||Papeete||$9999|
|2021 Mar 17||16 days, one-way from Los Angeles to Miami||Los Angeles||$6499|